Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,097 members, 7,880,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live (26838 Views)

Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / Sanusi - 'Tired Of National Assembly Summons ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by muyoto: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2012
na_joke:

@ Beaf,leomax and friends u have  done well so far, u deserve a pay raise. below is FYI(yes me again,pls dont pretend u did not see this)

"David cameron and nick clegg share one car because of economic problem facing uk, our president just budgeted N280million naira to buy two cars for himself and vice, he budgeted N1 billion naira to feed himself and vice for 1yr apart from his salary and allowances? N11.2 billion for foreign travels in 2012.  Our legislators earn ridiculous amount in salaries, so its the poor that should suffer?this is a country that have no roads,power,security,transprt, education is almost dead, do you think british politicians can spend tax payers money anyhow and then ask them to make sacrifice?

oh i  forget he is sacrificing 25% of his basic(i withdraw the above) and present the below to you and your followers

Scenerio 1(petrol @ 65)
4 someone that earns N100,000 monthly  dat uses 10 litres of fuel for his car n 5 litres of fuel for his generator daily @65*10*30days =19500(car) @65*5*30days=9750(gen) Total=29250 monthly.

•scenerio 2(petrol @ 141)
@ 141*10*30days=42300(car) @141*5*30days=21150(Gen) . Total =63450 monthly .

ANALYSIS.
•@ 65, N100,000 less 29,250= N70,750 = $430.(Left for d month)
•@ 141, N100,000 less N63,450= N36,550:$220(he is left wit dis for d whole month on every other expenses . Far below standard of living.
NOTE: assuming all other factors being constant.
•How many nigerians earn N100,000?

oh! i also forgot that he is providing molue!!!

do you realize how dependent the Nigerian people & SMEs are on petrol? its not the UK where petrol is only needed to fuel a car

@bolded, glad you asked. undecided
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2012
actions speak louder than words
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by maxani: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
US economy creates 200,000 jobs in December,
The unemployment rate dropped to 8.5%,
Large job gains were seen in retail, manufacturing, transportation and warehousing and healthcare.
For 2011 as a whole, some 1.6 million jobs were created, which was the highest since 2006, led by rises in the private sector.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16445441

USA has approx. 300 million people, fed by 2.2 million farms and provides $23.9 billion dollars in discretionary funding for agriculture in 2012 budget.

What is wrong with us in Nigeria? cant we at least learn how these countries are making progress? we can't event account for good statistics in agriculture let alone improvement in production!!
Pls, is there anyone who knows the URL if the federal ministry of agriculture has a website?!!! i've searched and cant find the official site!!!! help!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Beaf: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
^
You will find that those things are done by the private sector, states and municipal authorities (LG's). What pressure have you put on your state and LG, abi you tink say na magic? Why are they still begging the FG for money after 51 years of existence? Why is there not a single state that can stand on its own, talkless of being like a US state like Carlifornia?

In Nigeria, the states and LG's exist only to beg the FG for money. That is what is wrong with the country.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by emtar(m): 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
25% salary reduction does not mean any thing to them because they are already billionaires.

Me i like GEJ. He is a man but miss lead by people.

All the agenders for the oil subsidy should have been in place b4 thew removal,

Let see his actions. He is a reasonable man. only his ministers are to be replaced with immediate effect.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Rad1cal: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
The house of useless representatives never disappoints

What's wrong with all these nairaland eedioots feasting on the shiet the useless representatives ejected today
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by aljharem(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
It seems after all the talk, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, educating, directing, etc people are doing, some people still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also what to use this medium to address people thinking it is an ethnic thing.

I have heard various people saying the protest is against "GEJ" "minority" and other sentimental words to describe the protest.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by najoke: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
Scenerio 1(petrol @ 65)
4 someone that earns N100,000 monthly  dat uses 10 litres of fuel for his car n 5 litres of fuel for his generator daily @65*10*30days =19500(car) @65*5*30days=9750(gen) Total=29250 monthly.

•scenerio 2(petrol @ 141)
@ 141*10*30days=42300(car) @141*5*30days=21150(Gen) . Total =63450 monthly .

ANALYSIS.
•@ 65, N100,000 less 29,250= N70,750 = $430.(Left for d month)
•@ 141, N100,000 less N63,450= N36,550:$220(he is left wit dis for d whole month on every other expenses . Far below standard of living.
NOTE: assuming all other factors being constant.
•How many nigerians earn N100,000?

@Beaf and friends

I still dey wait make una enlighten/educate me on how subsidy removal will make the above scenario "fresh air" for me and my family on my N18,000 minimum wage. Educate us +vly and we will say Jona we support the removal of subsidy otherwise hold ur peace and post lies no more.

Thank u
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by naijaking1: 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^^
5 posts only, and you want anybody to respond to you
Na serious joke be that grin
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by aljharem(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2012
naijaking1:

^^^

can you stop posting like an illiterate

what has his post got to do with the issue ?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by 4gkevin: 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2012
This people are not serious. Even if fuel subsidy is removed, what about the thief thief that many of them are among? No backing down on this protest. We know them and where they live. As well as where they invested our billions. Pulling them down is it not the best?
Protest goes on irrespective of NLC position before mid night.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by najoke: 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2012
naijaking1:

^^^

^
At least my post are not lies and thank God, they make sense

Can u point me to one of ur post that is not a replica of the one above
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
alj harem:

can you stop posting like an illiterate

what has his post got to do with the issue ?
naijaking1:

^^^
Mumu, So the more post he has determines his intelligence Abi, Ur 5k post means u a genius Abi? I laff in subsidy,
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Rad1cal: 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
In a month Na Joke consumes 300 liters of gasoline on his car only . . You can sabi joke cheesy
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by rabzy01: 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2012
, For every economy to grow, d
govt of d
country takes tough, austere and
sometimes
suicidal measures that will serve
for good in d
long run. Before they slam d
'adjustment
hammer' on d citizens, they start
with
themselves. David cameron cut
govt expenditure, wages and
other allowances of
govt officials (they don't even fly
business
class anymore). Barak Obama did d
same
thing. Other countries that are
going thru
tough reforms (Portugal, Greece,
Italy) start
their reforms with govt! David
Bonaventure Alechenu Mark
(senate
president) earns a whooping
N600M in
salaries and allowances a year! We
did not
include kickbacks and others. The
salaries of
David cameron and barrack
obama put
together will not reach that of
David Mark. And if that is what
david mark earns, what will
GEJ earn?
Nigeria has 109 senators, 360
house of rep
members, over 800 state house of
assembly
members, 774 local govt chairmen,
over 8000
ward councillors!!!! Not including d
36 state governors and their
entourage of
commissioners and SA's, SSA's, PA's,
SPA's,
This nonsense must stop!! And it
must stop
now. The economy belongs to us all
and if we
want to fix it, we must all bear d
pains- and
bear it equally! We can no longer
fold our hands and watch
'educated illiterates' enslave us,
our children
and our unborn children.
For subsidy to exist, govt
expenditure must
reduce by 70%!!!,
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by baxterer: 1:14am On Jan 09, 2012
Its too late
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by bighead1(m): 4:17am On Jan 09, 2012
@rabyz01
what u have said is nothing but the whole truth.
Please people, let us tell our useless government
to cut down the cost of governce by not just dat 75%, but by 80% cos i do not see why our lawmakers can not earn d same minimum wage like an average nigerian.
Pls let us fight for this first.
The cheating is to much man.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by manny4life(m): 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
I heard that they have reversed the fuel subsidy, IS IT TRUE? shocked shocked shocked
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nothing is going to be removed

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri / Ministerial List: September Deadline Stands – Presidency (Today.ng) / Alimi Sulaiman: Buhari Lacks Educational Qualifications to be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.