Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,449 members, 7,929,498 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:16 PM

Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word (13979 Views)

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Kabikala(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
I agree with dmainboss on the fatal errors made by labour in challenging the oil subsidy removal without being strategic.
Personally, I would have liked labour to embrace subsidy removal but use the opportunity provided by the mass support for the strike to compel Jonathan  to  institute far-reaching measures to entrench good governance, minimize waste in government and tackle corruption frontally.
Imagine if labour had compiled a list of projects for the government to complete within 12 months of 50% subsidy removal like Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Kano-Lagos railway line, Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Owerri-Port Harcourt expressway, Ajaokuta Steel Company etc. Imagine the benefits these infrastructural interventions would have on our lives as Nigerians. I also expected them to have insisted on the prosecution of Nigerians indicted in the Halliburton, Wilbros and Siemens scandals. But they went ahead, gored on by angry politicians like Bakare and El Rufai, (who happily hugged the opportunity to get back at their nemesis - Jona') to insist on N65 or nothing.
Now we have lost a golden opportunity to extract something tangible from this aimless government.
At the end of the day, Jona' is a loser having squandered the opportunity provided by the mass nationwide resentment to win back the hearts of the people.
Labour is another loser having started a war  in which  obstinacy prevented clear thinking and strategic approach thereby leaving the citizenry frustrated and disenchanted. My word to describe NLC and TUC: retards.
Nigerians however are the biggest loser having being forced to live with a 50% increase in petrol price without concrete enunciation of what will be done with the money generated.
In all, I believe in working towards what I call "incremental revolution" in Nigeria, not this idyllic kill-all-politicians mantra being mouthed by sweet-talking and eloquent Marxist demagogues.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
Murderers.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by iiiyyyk(m): 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
Wisemen.

They collected both from the importers,subsidy benefactors and now from federal Government
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Koikoi(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
wise
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by ofwolfnman: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
Those who keep saying that the labour unions have sold out are exactly the type of people that keep Nigerians from shaking the shackles of oppression from the political class.Why must you wait for a labour union to lead your 'revolution' in a country where over 90% are either unemployed or employed within a informal sector Even in the Arab world where the rate of employment within an organised sector is higher their revolutions were not led by some labour unions. The Nigerian labour unions did indeed provide the platform for you all to start your 'revolution' by calling out people but sustaining it goes beyond the labour unions!You guys were busy enjoying your song and dance in Ojota during your 'revolution' while these same guys you so casually vilify are being threatened by the central federal government with accusations of treason and instigating a state of anarchy in the country and would have pinned it on them if it actually went out of hand while you guys sing and dance in Ojota.

If you guys are so cock-bent on carrying out your 'revolution' whats keeping you Must you listen to the labour unions in a matter that clearly transcends an organised labour unions Please go ahead and march to Ojota and continue the 'revolution' and take on the soldiers armed with live bullets.That is actually what it takes to carry out a real revolution- blood,guts and courage not singing and dancing and indulging in a blame game after you have failed to sustain your 'revolution'
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Sike(m): 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
Waste Product!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by techJ: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Judas
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Siga: 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
I honestly dont know why you guys are disappointed, what do you expect, once Gha-na Must GO circulate well well, Tori go change now, If una dey there, una go do the same o jare, lol, Collect the settlement or die,
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Orly72: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
judas!!!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
[i]AS[/i]SH[i]OL[/i]ES
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by studyineu: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
See as una de abuse dem. Every Nigeria is corrupt but you won't realize it until your enter into a political position, then that corruption in you will bear fruits. We need prayers for the healing of the Nation and for the will of God to happen in Nigeria Period
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Skanas(m): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
wise men jooooooooor!
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by teetea: 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
traitors
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by rasputinn(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
Pragmatic
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by supereagle(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2012
The only opposition to the ruling party.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by webbaba: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
Well so far so good but they all missed a critical step in the art of negotiation and they all missed out totally.
There's always another day.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by safarigirl(f): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2012
Sell outs.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Toppiano(m): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2012
WeakCowards. One day trailer go pass btw dem and Fg. I hope next time dey call strike, make Nigerians bone them.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by chinedi: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
Very Brave, Well done Guys! wink
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by MrSmuth(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
Retards
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Abbott(m): 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
Human.

After all is said and done, they all came up human.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
Deceivers
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by karpentar: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
Very rich, boosted with money from the strike sponsors, The Cabals.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by kassanova(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
Compromisers
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by deevick246(m): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
They are Alatenujes' n oloshis'.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Jothab: 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC,   Hmmm ok, [/color][color=#990000]
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by blackboi(m): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
Middlemen
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by juman(m): 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
I think they did their best.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Ardedaryor(m): 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
all i know be say GOD dey,
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by samguru(m): 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
betrayer
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
We would have done same if we are in labour leaders position, i guess they would have been harrassaed, intimidated and threathened if they dont cave in, this is Nigeria, you cant fight government.
Re: Describe Labour (NLC) And Tuc In One Word by Allansmith: 8:24pm On Jan 16, 2012
iomofrmco

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram And Oshiomhole's PA Killers, Wearing The Same Clothes / Prisoners Protest VIP Treatment Of Lebanese Terror Suspects / Confusion In Taraba Over Suntai's Resumption As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.