Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,632 members, 7,895,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. (10327 Views)

#occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. / Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi- Photo Evidence / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Rad1cal: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

I will kill many yorubaa people today

alj harem shut up.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
karpentar:

Locking them up is not enough. They should kill as many yoruba protesters as poosible to avenge for innocent women and children obasanjo murdered in Odi.

Dude you're sick! Its certain you won't last for such comment,
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by doctokwus: 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
Civil society has learnt d hard way that any change or agitation must b people driven;no organised labor can bring about that change,they can only agitate as far as their own personal/narrow minded interest go.They maybe crucified,degraded now by a some,mainly in govt,but this defiant attitude to enforce their fundamental right to a peaceful protest over an issue that is fundamental to federalism,imposition of soldiers in a civil society,will av far reaching ramifications,in d nearest future, on what becomes of this contraption we call a democracy
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by udoka2: 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
frosbel:

LAW and ORDER must be restored.

Subsidy has been reinstated , any further protests are instigated by agents !!!!

Lock them all up.

thank you my brother! Dont mind the cowards,!!
They should even shoot at sight!!!
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by samstels: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
All these protests is becoming too childish ,people should go back to their houses and relax so that the army can go back
to their routine duties.

Let us give the government a chance to see what they are up to in all these negotiations and probes .

For me the protests will appear to be politically motivated ,since the agitation for subsidy reinstatement has been handled.

Let us not overflog.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by nueljames: 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
i think those men desperately need jobs.
where one has something doing the desire to meet the needs of his family will definitely spore one to take up his tools and work.
may be they are paid. but if not i wonder what they will tell their wives and children at the end of the day.
well, life is all about the choice one makes.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by dami90: 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
damnnnn shoot at sight  shocked shocked,  nigerians are we dis wicked
udoka2:

thank you my brother! Dont mind the cowards,!!
They should even shoot at sight!!!
, its a pity never knew we have soo much hatred in us ,
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Beaf: 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
doctokwus:

Civil society has learnt d hard way that any change or agitation must b people driven;no organised labor can bring about that change,they can only agitate as far as their own personal/narrow minded interest go.They maybe crucified,degraded now by a some,mainly in govt,but this defiant attitude to enforce their fundamental right to a peaceful protest over an issue that is fundamental to federalism,imposition of soldiers in a civil society,will av far reaching ramifications,in d nearest future, on what becomes of this contraption we call a democracy

If a state of emergency is declared in Lagos, would they still protest the presence of soldiers on the streets in a democracy?
There is only so far people can pull a string, especially when there is nothing concrete they can claim to be protesting.

The whole thing has now assumed comical proportions.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by PointB: 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
Chuba Okadigbo died as a result of this kind of protest! I am still trying to understand what he died for!

I hope history is not about to repeat itself. Whoever dies as a result of this particular protest, died for NOTHING!

This people should go and observe the proceeding at the NASS. Let's give peace a chance.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by GeneralGEJ: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

If a state of emergency is declared in Lagos, would they still protest the presence of soldiers on the streets in a democracy?
There is only so far people can pull a string, especially when there is nothing concrete they can claim to be protesting.

Correct - I am going to replace Fashola with an Ibo governor - what is all this nonsense - Please help me i have reinstated subsidy, - I prefer Ibo governors they do boy boy for me
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by abankula: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
I think nigerians should learn not to throw away decorum whenever we are commenting on issues like this. If some of us think we can afford the basic things in life if the government continues to unleash terror on the citizens, we must always remember that there are hundreds of million people in the country who are seriously affected by the decisions of these selfish and corrupt people in government. It is high time we all raise our voices against corrupt leaders in order to ensure a bright future for ourselves and the generation of our born and unborn children. Enough is enough!
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by udoka2: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
dami90:

damnnnn shoot at sight shocked shocked, nigerians are we dis wicked, its a pity never knew we have soo much hatred in us ,

why will people want to cause civil war because they are angry with the govt, issues has been handled as it is now, lets wait and see what comes out of all these, Must we keep on endangering our lives because we want to prove a point_Anybody that wants to die should die alone, for me l believe in this nigeria, and l know in my time l will see the nigeria of my dream. so as many as want to disturb the public peace should be killed at sight!!!!!
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by karpentar: 1:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
Dude you're sick! Its certain you won't last for such comment,

and you'll last for killing Odi kids and women? Blood beget blood.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by GeneralGEJ: 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2012
karpentar:

and you'll last for killing Odi kids and women? Blood beget blood.

Then i was the assitant governor and i gave OBJ support to root out terrorist in Odi . This time i am president , i will get support from Fashola to unleash more killings
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by lastpage: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2012
@Karpenter: Do you think it is right to kill just ANY Yoruba person, because of the wrong OBJ did?

How would you feel if someone murders your family because of the fake drugs or fake spare parts that an [b]Ibo man sells at Idumota , that kills or cause the death of their family member?
[/b]
Meditate on this and tell me how you would feel.

Is it not better to condemn  no matter where he or she is from, than to generalize and spew bigotic hatred on internet?
THINK Bro.

Lastpage!
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by lastpage: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
@Alj Harem:
Now you're disappointing me with those comments?
I thought you're finally catching up?
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Rad1cal: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
Before  cool

lastpage:

[size=14pt]Until NIGERIANS LEARN HOW TO DEAL "CRITICALLY AND FATALLY" WITH THESE TYPE OF CRIMINALS, OUR NATION WILL CONTINUE TO BE A LAUGHING STOCK INTERNATIONALLY!
If you cant lay your hands on them, at least you know where their "vital interests" are? (Children, family members, properties, e.t.c).
Hit them where it hurts, like they are doing to us.
[/size]

Obviously angry!

Lastpage!

Now

lastpage:

@Karpenter: Do you think it is right to kill just ANY Yoruba person, because of the wrong OBJ did?

[b][size=16pt]How would you feel if someone murders your family because of the fake drugs or fake spare parts that an [b]Ibo man sells at Idumota , that kills or cause the death of their family member?[/size][/b]
[/b]

Is it not better to condemn  no matter where he or she is from, than to generalize and spew bigotic hatred on internet?
THINK Bro.

Lastpage!

Why the inconsistency cool

Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by doctokwus: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

What is comical about adults protesting about d presence of military men in a no-war or terrorism setting?Every person has d right to support GEJ based on ones own ctiteria,but certain democratic tenets must b upheld,fundamental of whc is ur right to air ur grievances in a non violent manner.I neva gave much stock to d presidents ability to logically analyse a situation& come up wt sth credible,giving his antecedents& his whole body language that conveys to me an inferiority complex,but he is d president& shud b able to at d very least,decipher all d advice frm all d cabinet members he has& come up wt something tangible,he doest need a Ph.d for that.That GEJ has failed to assert himself in d most critical area,amongts d cabinet is glaring.Advice such as d one to impose military presence in lagos state is one of such that does not bode well for his presidency.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Mogidi: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hahaha!!!!
Those saying GEJ is weak are now complaining he's too tough. Guess you can't please everyone. Where's my koboko?
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by funshiba(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
lastpage:

How would you feel if someone murders your family because of the fake drugs or fake spare parts that an [b]Ibo man sells at Idumota , that kills or cause the death of their family member?
[/b]

THINK Bro.

Lastpage!
@karpenter u are a real goat, embarrassment to the tribe u represent!!!! oloshi jati jati mssssschwww
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by kheart(m): 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Lagosians keep up d tempo, very soon kd ple go join una.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Beaf: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
doctokwus:

What is comical about adults protesting about d presence of military men in a no-war or terrorism setting?Every person has d right to support GEJ based on ones own ctiteria,but certain democratic tenets must b upheld,fundamental of whc is your right to air your grievances in a non violent manner.I neva gave much stock to d presidents ability to logically analyse a situation& come up wt sth credible,giving his antecedents& his whole body language that conveys to me an inferiority complex,but he is d president& shud b able to at d very least,decipher all d advice frm all d cabinet members he has& come up wt something tangible,he doest need a Ph.d for that.That GEJ has failed to assert himself in d most critical area,amongts d cabinet is glaring.Advice such as d one to impose military presence in lagos state is one of such that does not bode well for his presidency.

If these are the things they are protesting for, then it is comical. The soldiers are there as a prevention against anarchy and that is borne out by the some people protesting that fact. Its like a person gets involved in a fight, only to protest the presence of the police.

All the talk about soldiers in Lagos not boding well for GEJ's Presidency is neither here nor there. When the govt says people should get off the streets, then they should. We always talk about the right to peaceful protest, but many forget that police permission is required for a protest to be legal. What permission do those people have? They will be teargassed and will go home, and since nobody loves tear gas, they are unlikely to make defiance a habit.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by GeneralGEJ: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
BEaf - Leave them

Patience is preparing the dish - I NEED BLOOOD right now.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by aljharem(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
lastpage:

@Alj Harem:
Now you're disappointing me with those comments?
I thought you're finally catching up?

LOL I have not commented on this thread,

I hope you are not thinking GeneralGEJ is Alj harem. He is not me smiley
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by aljharem(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

BEaf - Leave them

Patience is preparing the dish - I NEED BLOOOD right now.

abeg tell them u no be me o
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by aljharem(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2012
lastpage:

How would you feel if someone murders your family because of the fake drugs or fake spare parts that an ibo man sells at Idumota , that kills or cause the death of their family member?

THINK Bro.

Lastpage!

very good question
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mogentle(m): 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
nateevs:

Please don't tell people what to protest about. The people can protest about anything they desire as long as decorum is maintained.
You go aroung saying the people should not protest this and the people should protest that. . At least some people are protesting about something. . What are you protesting about?

ASK Him Pls!
Beaf doesn't worth response
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Revolutnz: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2012
To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.”Abraham
Lincoln

I hope their boss in Aso Rock gave them enough bullets to kill 18 Million Nigerians living in Lagos. MURDERERS
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by aljharem(m): 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

If these are the things they are protesting for, then it is comical. The soldiers are there as a prevention against anarchy and that is borne out by the some people protesting that fact. Its like a person gets involved in a fight, only to protest the presence of the police.

All the talk about soldiers in Lagos not boding well for GEJ's Presidency is neither here nor there. When the govt says people should get off the streets, then they should. We always talk about the right to peaceful protest, but many forget that police permission is required for a protest to be legal. What permission do those people have? They will be teargassed and will go home, and since nobody loves tear gas, they are unlikely to make defiance a habit.

What

Police permission to protest shocked shocked shocked please tell me about the state of our police force in Nigeria for them to have enough respect to be asked for a permission to protest ?

A police system that allowed a terrorist to walk out of a jail is not the one to give permission ?

Do you in ur right senses think that the Nigeria police force would grant any protest ? when GEJ does not want the people to protest ?

The Nigeria police force's directly obey's the president WHICH IS NOT MEANT TO BE SO given the fact that they DO NOT HOLD ANY ALLEGIANCE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF NIGERIA BUT TO THE GOVERNMENT.

SHOW ME ANY REASONABLE COUNTRY THAT THE POLICE FORCE HAS ALLEGIANCE TO THE GOVERNMENT.

or do you think if they ask the police force, the police would grant them the right to protest ? SMDH
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by megastu(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2012

@Beaf, this is the best thing i have read from you this far. Nice one.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by PointB: 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^^
@Revolutz
Don't drag the good people of Lagos into this madness of a few. The good people of Lagos are not area boys and jobless individuals often found at protest ground. You represent yourself, and are clearly in the minority.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by genxris: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2012
Revolutnz:

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.”Abraham
Lincoln

I hope their boss in Aso Rock gave them enough bullets to kill 18 Million Nigerians living in Lagos. MURDERERS. MIND YOU 18MILLION LAGOSIANS ARE NOT PROTESTING BUT A FEW DISGRUNTLED YORUBA GEJ HATERS WHO WANT TO BE KILLED FOR DISOBEYING THE GOVERNMENT ORDER & LATER BLAME D GOVT FOR IT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! / Sack Petroleum Minister Now, Protesters At NNPC Headquarters Tells Jonathan. / 24-hour Curfew Imposed On Potiskum...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.