Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,627 members, 7,895,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 11:09 AM

Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. (10326 Views)

#occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. / Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi- Photo Evidence / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by bibiking1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
Evil rises when good men keep quiet! The nation needs an uprising, and it is now that they would see it
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by doctokwus: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

If these are the things they are protesting for, then it is comical. The soldiers are there as a prevention against anarchy and that is borne out by the some people protesting that fact. Its like a person gets involved in a fight, only to protest the presence of the police.

All the talk about soldiers in Lagos not boding well for GEJ's Presidency is neither here nor there. When the govt says people should get off the streets, then they should. We always talk about the right to peaceful protest, but many forget that police permission is required for a protest to be legal. What permission do those people have? They will be teargassed and will go home, and since nobody loves tear gas, they are unlikely to make defiance a habit.
U may not seem d harm soldiers are doing to his presidency(borno,yobe,jos,bauchi,kano,lagos, where next?),and I careless what happens,but it takes leadership to b able to seize a moment& turn it to an advantage& crisis management,be it economic,political,ethnic,religious or military defines a presidency.GEJ is caging himself in,boko haram,fuel subsidy are 2 issues,ticking time bombs on d surface,but if he had handled differently,wud av turned him to a hero& fortified his presidency like nothing else.But d man,I still stand by my belief that he has an inferiority complex,has choosen to b controlled by people he feels av a better educational background or pedigree than him,d 'hawks' in his presidency.It falsely gives him a sense of being 'up there' amongts d thinkers in d nigerian society.Check them out:NOI,world bank;Aganga;Reuben Abati,editorial board Guardian;Allison,Shell;Maku,former topmost journalist,Sanusi etc.When a pres allows himself to b caved in frm a point of view of feeling others always av a better opinion than him,despite his enormous access to critical,out of cabinet information& happenings,he churns out poor decisions.I wish d fisherman well.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2012
Yoruba ethnic bigots and their mumu followers at it again.

It's so clear that the protests are ethnically-motivated.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

[b]If a state of emergency is declared in Lagos, [/b]would they still protest the presence of soldiers on the streets in a democracy?
There is only so far people can pull a string, especially when there is nothing concrete they can claim to be protesting.

The whole thing has now assumed comical proportions.

On what basis will that be done. we are talking of very PEACEFUL protests in lagos. As volatile Lagos is, despite the enormous protests which is the fundamental right of the people it has been peaceful so far.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Ninapha(f): 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
What is wrong with Lagosians sef?,  If they think the President is not doing it right, let them teach him by showing good example.  Get out of the street or get fire from Abuja, that's where the power is.

@ Demdem. What do u consider peaceful in a demonstration that has been called of by all concerned? Its high time we learn to give peace a chance. And please define what constitutes ur fundamental right?
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Revolutnz: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
Oh,so it's all about the Yorubas now.I didn't know Professor Pat Utomi is a Yoruba man.So, it's only Yoruba that fought for the FS before it was reduced to N97/L from N141/L and it's only the Yorubas that are enjoying the new price of N97.Thanks for the info.

Also,I didn't know these 'Yoruba' men-Tunde Bakare,Wole Soyinka,Femi Falana,Tinubu,Femi Kuti,even OPC etc hate GEJ so much that just few months ago, they were fighting for his release (risking their lives),from the shackles of Madam Turai and the Cabals in order for him to become the acting president and later president.

My advice for you guys beating the 'drums of ethnicity' is to tread carefully as your people have got lots to lose if GEJ dare tow that line.If you are satisfied with injustices in your area fine but,pls don't bring these to our region.A word is enough for the wise
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Demdem(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
Ninapha:

@ Demdem. What do u consider peaceful in a demonstration that has been called of by all concerned? Its high time we learn to give peace a chance. And please define what constitutes your fundamental right?

called off by who NLC/TUC is strictly for their members and i doubt if those on the street presently are members. They are not bound by whatever NLC/TUC says. The people sill wants to go out there to protest if not for the soldiers the Retardeen deplored and that explains why this protest is needed first. Get the Nigerian constitution or better still talk to a lawyer friend to define it for u. As far as i am concerned, as long as the protesters arent blocking peoples movement or committing arson, they are doing nothing illegal.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by kizito96(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
If its tom maintain peace and order, its ok
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by LEXYLOV: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
Those who protest are patriotic Nigerians, and God will bless them.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by assetstrap(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
I'm still trying to figure out the anti-yoruba comments, it shows lack of common sense, envy and jealousy and that i'm afraid makes u worthless. It is important to note that any group can protest peacefully it is their right.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Browser69(m): 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
The good people of Lagos should ignore these ZOMBEES and they will shamefully disapear from the street,
OR
Just one Bomb and you will see how they will tear race, small boys are busy drawing battle lines for them in the northern part of the country and they can`t cross them but they can flex their Malnourish muscle in Lagos.
No thanks to their Reterdeen fish brain presideen.  angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by executinal(m): 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2012
What is the lazy folks doing again in the name of protest, please save your life and stop all this silly protest, Labour have backed off, so if anyone die in the name of this protest, government will not be hold responsible for it.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mgbidi2013: 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
That should be the best.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
Those who protest are patriotic Nigerians, and God will bless them

Amen!

Labour have backed off, so if anyone die in the name of this protest, government will not be hold responsible for it.

Govt. should absolutely be held responsible if a peaceful protester gets killed! Anybody has the right to protest peacefully against any issue they see fit as long as they have observed all protocol,

I’m so shocked that the majority of posters are saying the protests should stop. The occupy wall street have been protesting for months, Naija protested for 5 days and everyone is shouting it is enough. What a joke! Why hasn’t Obama deployed his military to stop them? For me, I’m highly impressed that these noble men and women came out in spite of the presence of the crazy armed dogs. That is bravery and I pray it is rewarded.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by jara: 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
Unfortunately, every internet site has been invaded by paid informants. There are too many of them trying to change public opinion on what is obvious to most sensible people. This is how they shift focus and bend causes that most Nigerians agree on.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by Revolutnz: 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2012
jara:

Unfortunately, every internet site has been invaded by paid informants. There are too many of them trying to change public opinion on what is obvious to most sensible people. This is how they shift focus and bend causes that most Nigerians agree on.

Spot on. Thanks
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by mactonnyso: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2012
Area boys and Looters always look for reasons to course trouble, but i trust the Nigerian Army on this one they know how to handle notorious
jobless bandits.
Re: Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. by lastpage: 7:54am On Jan 20, 2012
@Radica[/b]l
[b]Before Cool

Quote from: lastpage on Yesterday at 10:47:54 AM

Until NIGERIANS LEARN HOW TO DEAL "CRITICALLY AND FATALLY" WITH THESE TYPE OF CRIMINALS, OUR NATION WILL CONTINUE TO BE A LAUGHING STOCK INTERNATIONALLY!
If you cant lay your hands on them, at least you know where their "vital interests" are? (Children, family members, properties, e.t.c).
Hit them where it hurts, like they are doing to us.

Obviously angry!

Lastpage!

Now

Quote from: lastpage on Yesterday at 01:25:41 PM
@Karpenter: Do you think it is right to kill just ANY Yoruba person, because of the wrong OBJ did?

How would you feel if someone murders your family because of the fake drugs or fake spare parts that an [b]Ibo man sells at Idumota , that kills or cause the death of their family member?
[/b]
Meditate on this and tell me how you would feel.

Is it not better to condemn  no matter where he or she is from, than to generalize and spew bigotic hatred on internet?
THINK Bro.

Lastpage!

Why the inconsistency
Cool
Radical, l have NEVER been inconsistent, ask anyone on NL.
What do l stand to "gain" or "fear"?
Thing is you misunderstood the "context" of both posts.

The "before" was an exhortation to impoverished Nigerians, directly-directed at those who loot their money! Not the members of their "ethnic/tribe/Religious followership!
In other words if they loot your money and use it to build houses, its not wrong to burn down those houses!
Mind you, this is not just a "wanton destruction", it is to force the 'oppressors' to have a re-think. Simples.

The "Now" is to remind that feller called "Karpenter" who wants to kill Yorubas or Christians (even those not remotely related to OBJ!) for what OBJ did in Odi and Zaki Biam. That l think is wrong.

So You see, always consistent.

Cheers.

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Defend Nigeria's Unity With My Blood" - David Mark / Which Party Owns D New APC Political Party Going By The Logo And Motto / Oby Ezekwesili Receives University Of Essex Honorary Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.