Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,182 members, 7,903,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 12:19 AM

Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. (998 Views)

How Much Should I Give Her For Monthly Upkeep / Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids / How Much Money Should A Lady Contribute towards Family Upkeep? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Smallwoman(f): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hello wives, do you intend to ask for an increase in family upkeep from your husbands with the increase in fuel price? Husbands, will you agree? What's the best percentage increase?
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Outstrip(f): 3:23am On Jan 24, 2012
With your way of thinking I am not surprised that you names yourself smallwoman. Small indeed
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Geomac: 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2012
Outstrip:

With your way of thinking I am not surprised that you names yourself smallwoman. Small indeed
lol
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2012
Smallwoman:

Hello wives, do you intend to ask for an increase in family upkeep from your husbands with the increase in fuel price? Husbands, will you agree? What's the best percentage increase?

You sound greedy as heck. I suppose you're going to tell me you run on crude oil, petrol or diesel?
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2012
She just asked a simple question . . . . why the attack undecided

@ OP

NO! Don't ask your husband for an increase in upkeep money because his salry has not been increased. Instead, it will cost him even more to get to and fro wonk now.

What you should do is to cut down on your expenses. Stop buying all those unnecesary chicken and turkey (you are prolly overweight anyways being a full time HW undecided) . . . . Stop trying to 'save' extra money for your brazillian weave and stop wasting money on make up.

I'm sure what you are already getting will be quite sufficient! wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by jaybee3(m): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2012
What constitutes to family upkeep?
List all the key elements of the upkeep and assign the new prices to each and every one of the reasonable element i.e. food, travelling, toiletries etc.
Add the all new prices up and compare it to the old prices so as to get the % increase
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2012
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Smallwoman(f): 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2012
Why is it that people find it hard to be courteous on nairaland? Is it because it is faceless? I posted a simple question and all i get is insults. it shows a lot of immature people are on this social network. thanks to you all anyway i joined a few days ago and I am leaving nairaland. i am better off as a guest not a member.
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2012
Smallwoman:

Why is it that people find it hard to be courteous on nairaland? Is it because it is faceless? I posted a simple question and all i get is insults. it shows a lot of immature people are on this social network. thanks to you all anyway i joined a few days ago and I am leaving nairaland. i am better off as a guest not a member.

You need to develop a thick skin, if you intend to interact online. You seem way too sensitive to exist here. You're leaving? That's your choice. You're not the first to leave, you won't be the last, so I doubt you'd be missed.

It'll be good if you stay though, develop some backbone, and give as good as you get. Good luck
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2012
Lol@ leaving. cheesy come on sweetie, it's not that bad. undecided
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by WAVixen: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2012
Siena:

You need to develop a thick skin, if you intend to interact online. You seem way too sensitive to exist here. You're leaving? That's your choice. You're not the first to leave, you won't be the last, so I doubt you'd be missed.

It'll be good if you stay though, develop some backbone, and give as good as you get. Good luck

You've heard the truth, choose sensible battles to fight because there will be loads of them to fight. Yes, there are some nasty people, but you have to rise above it and stand you ground and be who you are.

I understand where you are coming from regarding the allowance increase due to the hike in fuel price. As someone pointed out, his wages haven't increased and he'll be spending more getting to and from work. For starters, cut back on most things except the essentials. Live below your MEANS and I mean BELOW, live within your needs. Forget WANTS for now and deal with NEEDS. You'll see that its not as bad as you might be thinking.
Be of good cheer.
Re: Wives! An Increase In Family Upkeep. by Outstrip(f): 12:47am On Jan 25, 2012
Me I am going to go ask for my own allowance. Today na today

(1) (Reply)

So, You Want A Baby Boy Or A Baby Girl? / 10 Common Misconceptions About Money / The Most Embarrasing Moment In Your Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.