Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,211 members, 7,907,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 07:16 AM

A Masters Degree Or Another B.sc - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Masters Degree Or Another B.sc (954 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / University Degree Or Handiwork: Which Is Better In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Masters Degree Or Another B.sc by lumide007(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2007
Hello Nairalanders,
Please,advice me whether to go for a masters degree or another B.Sc in computing with my third class degree in industrial chemistry.Which is better to go for to get a good job?Ireally need advices from nairalanders because iam in a confuse state.
Your contribution matters a lot.Thanks
Re: A Masters Degree Or Another B.sc by raydome(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2007
That depends on what you want, what do you wish to become, of course most great men came out with 3rd class and were not weighed down. You might bag the whole degrees in the world and do masters after masters without still getting the satisfaction. Would you want to go futher because you got a 3rd class or you want it because you want to develop yourself. If you want to use it to make up your 3rd class you will get more en-roped and you will be making up all your life, but if you want to develop yourself, then listen.
First, developer yourself on the profession you have acquired somehow somewhere, gain experience at work, Apply what you have used in school. Then you have what to improve upon when you go back to school. More gist for you later
Mr romantic
Re: A Masters Degree Or Another B.sc by wed123(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2007
I would go for a new undergraduate degree. But make sure that the new program is one that you know you will enjoy and also one that offers good (future) job prospects. I imagine that by now you would have figured out what led to your earning a third class. So I expect that you will work on correcting this.

Also, you got to be careful about studying “computing”. If you’re going to study computing, be sure to major in a concentration for “tomorrow”. Several “IT” people are going to be caught in a trap from this mad rush for IT programs because a lot of the IT fields are in their twilight. I am a software engineer and an MBA and I known what I’m saying. The world is moving towards the knowledge worker and I’m sure you don’t want to Lodite. Good luck in your career!
Re: A Masters Degree Or Another B.sc by lumide007(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2007
Thanks guys for your responses,i really appreciate them,i am hoping to see more responses on my topic.Thanks once again.
Re: A Masters Degree Or Another B.sc by VirtuousA(f): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2007
Hi dear,
with compassion i read through ur posting believing how difficult it is sometimes to make a life long discision. I suggest you don't go back as a fresher but move on (backward never and forward ever), with Third class you have the privilege to go for Post Graduate (PG) after which you can go for your Masters, the only Issue there is that you cannot jump to Master. I know somebody that has the same situation to tackle and right from the school she determined to repeat one academic session even though she didn't have any carryover in her final year, so as to make it to at least 2.2, her lecturer then encouraged her to carry on with PG instead of wasting that year, knowing that the girl wasn't the lazy and dull type and that she has gone for extra training in that field (as a computer engineer has went and equipped herself in professional courses and experience). the girl in question now have a job as she is still to go for her PG. The bottom line here is are you good practically, try and equip urself and move forward.
the second thing is do you want to make a career in IT or in your present discipline, that is for you to answer.
Good luck and be courageous in making this life desicion. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Recent Ccnp Materials / Who Is Your Most Respected Role Model? / Pls I Need Ideas On How To Keep Someone That Didnt Get Uni Addmision Busy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.