Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,734 members, 7,941,778 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl (2006 Views)

Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? / Lucifer Is Fallen And Doomed! So Are Satanists/atheist On Nairaland & Beyond!! / Mock The Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Dsage1: 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2012
Although i've neva seen a person who Proudly says in public or on tv dat he/she is an atheist except on d forum like NL&odas dat lack identity.On dat basis&many oda tins,i ask d followng questions: (1)why ar d atheist alway hide der identity in our society? (2)wat is d Athest assumption i.e how do u arrive at d fact dat God does'nt exsist? (3)can atheist explain how he/she comes into being? (4)wat is d hope of atheist wen he/she assume der's no God? (5)wat can atheist says abt d dream dat com to pass? (6) And abt d prophesy dat com to pass? (7)who does d Atheist blif dat created human? (cooldid atheist blif dat evrytin has "The Begining & The End? (9)if Atheist kno dat evrytin designed must ve a designer then,who did he/she tink dat designed d univers? (10)did atheist blif in spirit at all? I've many oda questn but wi stop here,u can anwer d above question to prove me wrong.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2012
Do you propose that everyone should wear their religious affiliation on their head?

In an ideal civilised society, no one needs to carry thier religious belief on ther heads since religious belief, or lack thereof, is a strictly personal thing. But ofcourse, your society can hardly be called ideal and civilised. Can it?
Here, creatures, potentially human, are still thinking and living like savages. Here people are still seen,judged, discriminated upon, ostracised, made to suffer and even killed on account of either their religious or lack of religious belief , or , the religious beliefes of others. Do you agree?

As for the rest of your questions:
2. Although there are many things that exist which we cannot see or feel, humans have been tirelessly trying to device intruments to identify and detect these things. Things like the atoms, x-rays, gamma rays, and many other particles or waves that lie beyond our visible spectrum are ersthwhile invisble particles that we can now detect with instruments. Since we cannot see god, Atheists just think its safe to assume that it does not exist, UntilI we can invent a device that can detect it.

3. Secondary school biology has a simple explanation. Read up on it.
4.Hope about what?
5. I always dream of eating rice and my dream always come true. So?
6. I prophesied that prominent people would die last year and it came to pass. so?
7.Humans are part of ther universe, so Obviously what ever mechanism that led to the evolution of the universe.
8. There are new theories that TIME may not be linear after all. In other words, there may not be a beginning and end. Difficult to comprehend, huh?
9. The answer is quite simple. If the universe needed a designer, then the desiner also needed to have a beginning and a prior designer . not so? But if the deisgner self-evolved or self-created itself (as we have been told), then the universe could have equally done the same.Since I can see the universe but cannot see the much hyped designer, I throw my lot with what I can see.

10. I hear that evil Spirits tend to haunt and torment mostly poor uneducated people. So?
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2012
plaetton:

But if the deisgner self-evolved or self-created itself (as we have been told),

This is not advanced by anybody.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2012
@Deepsight.
Ha ha. You are out of hibernation. I knew You would bite.
But you have in the past. If I misunderstood , maybe you can clarify.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2012
^ God is not said to be self created or self evolved. Being created would imply a beginning. God on the other hand is said to have no beginning. You yourself have alluded to time not having a beginning. God being eternity itself, encapsulates time.

Neither is God said to have evolved. On the contrary - God is said to be immutable/ unchangeable. Thus there is no question of an evolution of God.

These are the positions held by the generality of theists, and not that which you stated.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Dsage1: 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2012
@plaetton,actually d answer u gav does'nt justify u for being an Atheist.I kno most of u Atheist blif dat enytin dat exist must hav a cause&der4 God too must ve a cause.If u says no beging&no end,den why is it dat ur life started at birth& end wen u die,on dat basis somtin must cause and not cause by any oda tin in wch i blif is creator(God).2ndly,wer is d ideas of making a devise to dectect weda God exist/not comes from.3rdly,if u says der were no designer,look at d shape of earth&all it contained,ar dey exist without a cause?can u explain d reason why we ve moon,d season,and why its only d earth out of so called eight planet of solar system dats suitable for a living creature to liv in?4thly,can u explain weda its tru our effort or not dat make us to b rational wen compared wit odas animals.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2012
@D sage.
I dont need to justify anything or prove anything. The notion of a creator is just a notion. I see it as more of a fantasy we create to create meaning and perspective to a universe are yet to fully undersdand. Its and Idea and as long as we agree that its just an idea, no problem. Now when it comes to god is this and god is that and he told me this and he tolld me that, then all the root of every conflict earth and much of our problems begin to take shape.
If you look at the universe, most bodies in circular motion tend to have a cricular shape. We have the moon for the same reason that all other planetary bodies have moons: Gravity and accretion.
The earth's rotation and revolution around the sun causes to wobble and tilt as it makes the journey. This causes temperture, atmospheric and wind variations along the various regions, thereby giving rise to different seasons along different climate zones. the same applies to every planetary body, not just the earth. We are too isolated in our part of the solar system to conclude that life is unique in our planet. If there are 50 billion suns out there, u can imagine how many habitable planest there must be. It would be a great waste of space and material if there were no other life to even appreaciate and utilize all that space. Dont you think so?
What makes you think that human rationality is somehow superior to other  creatures? What exactly do u consider rational about human behaviour? wonder how rational you think war, murder , robbery and slavery against fellow humans is.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Lasinoh: 4:16am On Feb 01, 2012
I am a 'weak atheist', aka an Agnostic. cool Meaning I belief in a God in my heart. . . because I have to give thanks to something higher than myself for my beautiful and bountiful life. I like to share it with a divine being. . . My God is not a Christian God! I use the term because I was born in a so-called Christian home and I am sticking with the name GOD with all confidence. cool

Whether "God" as used in other religions or Allah exists is not my business and I frankly DO NOT CARE TO KNOW! kiss

(1)why ar d atheist alway hide der identity in our society? 

False. We are taught to mind our businesses. Unlike the other busy-body religions who go preaching and disturbing the world all in the name of 'prophesy'! We only react to the hypocrisy and disgusting arrogance and condesending attitudes of Christianity and Islam. It is a personal thing. We are more humble with our spirituality. We do not create nuisances of ourselves by scouting for 'converts' of hypocrisy. kiss

(2)wat is d Athest assumption i.e how do u arrive at d fact dat God does'nt exsist? 

Looking at the lives of people practicing the so called God-fearing based religion. He surely cannot exist with the kinds of wickedness displayed by mankind whom he created in his own image and likeness. Frightening to say the least.

(3)can atheist explain how he/she comes into being?   

Biology and Evolution! Simple.kiss

(4)wat is d hope of atheist wen he/she assume der's no God?   

We are Stoics. . . we do not hope. We accept our fates and destiny ASIS! You do your best and leave the rest! No need to fast and pray.

(5)wat can atheist says abt d dream dat com to pass?     

Thank your lucky stars. . . .It s simply a very good day! Nothing more. kiss If it goes the opposite way. It is a bad day. Period!
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Lasinoh: 4:18am On Feb 01, 2012
(6) And abt d prophesy dat com to pass?     

We are philosophers. We do NOT believe in prophesies. That is for people who have A SO-CALLED RELIGION! kiss
We only have premonitions and instincts. kiss

(7)who does d Atheist blif dat created human?   

A sp-ermatozoon and an ovum! Even the so-called immaculate conception. . . Dig up Jesus and you will find 23 pairs of chromosomes! The holy spirit has no DNA! I have tried to conceive ever so immaculately. . . and always found a man on top of me. cheesy

(cooldid atheist blif dat evrytin has  "The Begining & The End?

Most definitely. . . all about evolution of species. Nothing to do with Genesis to Revelations for sure. kiss   

(9)if Atheist kno dat evrytin designed must ve a designer then,who did he/she tink dat designed d univers?       

That is why we have science and scientists. We can now predict the weather. . . somewhat accurately. We are still learning. Religion is an obstacle to the accquisition of knowlegde. Thank God for scientists! I sure do not pity your 'ADAM AND EVE'! Or the IGNORANT decendants.grin

(10)did atheist blif in spirit at all?

Negative!

Sprituality only. No phocking spirits! kiss
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Dsage1: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2012
@plaetton,d ability to distingush wats gud 4m wats bad make human to b rational.Also, human ar rational because dey were able to organised &control der immidiate environmnt,man murder,enslave,robb or wage war against his fellow men not jst because he's not rational/tink but as a result of his egostism nature,wch is also apply to odas creature/animal. U're yet to answer my questn(Where does d idea of making a device to detect weda God exist or not cames from?) or where does d idea comes from,is it tru perception or innate/universal spirit? @Lasinoh,agnostism is state of doubt weda God exist or not exsist i.e one cannot tell weda God exist or not.Agnostic is not Atheist as u clame u ar but intermidiary btw Theist and Atheist.Der4,being an Agnostic means dat u're a confused creature who stick not to any blif but he/she exist.U too can provide answer to above question i asked plaetton.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by dekung(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2012
@D sage,
Humans are not the only organised creatures in existence. Ants are probably more organised, I have seen lions organise themselves to kill a large prey, I have seen pack of wolves organise themselves and strategically launch an attack on a rival pack, even bacteria organise themselves to build up defences against drugs and human antibodies.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Lasinoh: 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
You need a little 'basic education'. It is free. Here goes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

In the popular sense, [size=20pt]an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities,[/size] whereas a theist and an atheist believe and disbelieve, respectively. In the strict sense, however, agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist. [size=20pt]Within agnosticism there are agnostic atheists (who do not believe any deity exists, but do not deny it as a possibility) and agnostic theists (who believe a deity exists but do not claim it as personal knowledge).[/size]

The reason you have Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter Day Saints, Baptists, Methodists. . . the list is endless in Christianity. . .like with any other religion. We are all confused.

AGNOSTICS ARE HAPPILY NEUTRAL. cool But I will become an athiest first before I adopt any of your LOUSY religions. kiss
I don't care a rat's azzze if YOUR God or anyother exists. kiss I just have learned to thank something when life is good to me. Period. I don't waste my blaaaady time fasting and praying for 'JACK OR JILL' going or falling up or down the hill. When death comes. . . I WILL DIE GRACEFULLY. kiss

D sage:

@Lasinoh,agnostism is state of doubt weda God exist or not exsist i.e one cannot tell weda God exist or not.Agnostic is not Atheist as u clame u ar but intermidiary btw Theist and Atheist.Der4,being an Agnostic means dat u're a confused creature who stick not to any blif but he/she exist.U too can provide answer to above question i asked plaetton.

I don't do text messages in 'yahoo' lingo.
So, I find it extremely difficult to follow your writings.
I am too old to pick up such 'juvenile' literary skills.
I will not even try to decipher what kind of jargon you asked 'plaetton'.
I have answered your questions.
Unlike you. . . I am confident in my being.
Goodluck with your religion.

*Btw, all creatures are confused. Or, you would not spend so much time seeking assurance from YOUR religion or GOD. . . if he has promisted your ALL THINGS IN HIS WORD", while reading the books of Genesis to Revelations through out your entire life. I am confused too. I am still humble enough to ask science to come to my rescue. I'd rather be confused than IGNORANT!  Confusion is always the first phase of seeking knowledge as a pathway to enlightenment. Ignorance is a dead end to perpertual stoopidty and everlasting damnation. kiss

Next topic please.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2012
Lasinoh:

You need a little 'basic education'. It is free. Here goes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

The reason you have Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter Day Saints, Baptists, Methodists. . . the list is endless in Christianity. . .like with any other religion. We are all confused.

AGNOSTICS ARE HAPPILY NEUTRAL. cool But I will become an athiest first before I adopt any of your LOUSY religions. kiss
I don't care a rat's azzze if YOUR God or anyother exists. kiss I just have learned to thank something when life is good to me. Period. I don't waste my blaaaady time fasting and praying for 'JACK OR JILL' going or falling up or down the hill. When death comes. . . I WILL DIE GRACEFULLY. kiss

I don't do text messages in 'yahoo' lingo.
So, I find it extremely difficult to follow your writings.
I am too old to pick up such 'juvenile' literary skills.
I will not even try to decipher what kind of jargon you asked 'plaetton'.
I have answered your questions.
Unlike you. . . I am confident in my being.
Goodluck with your religion.

*Btw, all creatures are confused. Or, you would not spend so much time seeking assurance from YOUR religion or GOD. . . if he has promisted your ALL THINGS IN HIS WORD", while reading the books of Genesis to Revelations through out your entire life. I am confused too. I am still humble enough to ask science to come to my rescue. I'd rather be confused than IGNORANT! Confusion is always the first phase of seeking knowledge as a pathway to enlightenment. Ignorance is a dead end to perpertual stoopidty and everlasting damnation. kiss

Next topic please.
I could not have said it any better .
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Dsage1: 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
@dekung,u're right dat dose animals u mentioned organised&control der immidiate sorroundng,but human rationality is quite uncomparable&superior to dat of any odas animal.for instance,human unlike odas animals make a research,used scincetific method of enquiry.So ur reply is not adequate/gud enough to counter d arguement.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by dekung(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
D sage,
Because humans seem to have better mental capacity than these animals do not neccessarily mean we are better. Other animals have areas of strength which are far more superior to humans. What some animal lack in mental capacity they make for it in physical strenght, speed and endurance. Am sure you know that some apes and chimpazees are developing primitive tools to aid them in foraging and hunting for food. The egyptian eagle picks up stones to and smashes it against hard shelled eggs so it can eat the content. You know humans do research work because you are human and you understand human language, what makes you think other animals do not reseach to learn easier ways of feeding and preserving their species?
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
@D sage:
If you look at both the plant and animal kindoms, you will notice that there is a heiriachy of advancement from simple to complex. From our own perspective, We just happen to sit on top of that hierachy in terms of complexity. It took 4.7 billion yrs of evolutionary sifting to acquire those traits that offer us the most advantage to adapt and survive. A dog's nose is abt 1000 times more powerful than yours. That is its own evolutonary advantage to survive. There are animals that can see in the dark and others that can fly etc.
Every species, has, over many eons of time acquired advantagous traits that allow it to survive and trive. In our own case, our bigger brain is what confers the greatest advantage over other species, since we do not have the agility, instincts  and the sharper senses that other animals have.
We are special and superior in the same way that a lion would consider itself special and superior in the jungle.

It is worthy of note that humans began to realise the full potential of their brains when they stopped looking to the sky and stopped cowering from an imaginary god . Much of the progress that we have enjoyed over the past 200yrs in terms of science and freedoms can be directly attributed  to the gradual imasculation of religion.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by dekung(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2012
Thank you plaetton, you did a far better job than I did
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2012
plaetton:

It is worthy of note that humans began to realise the full potential of their brains when they stopped looking to the sky and stopped cowering from an imaginary god . Much of the progress that we have enjoyed over the past 200yrs in terms of science and freedoms can be directly attributed  to the gradual imasculation of religion.

This is hardly true as a much larger percentage of scientific development has in fact been led by theists than by atheists. Secondly, you will find that on a roll call of the finest scientific brains in this world, up till this day you will still find more theists than atheists.

We needn't pretend that atheists are any smarter than theists. Its not true.

PS - In my opinion, the atheistic stance is quite unreasonable and untenable as it requires omniscience. A more tenable stance is agnosticism. Aside this, the experience of consciousness dictates the eternal question of primordial cause. Ignoring the question does not make it go away. Your child will ask the question and your answers to him may not even be as satisfactory as the answer that may be provided in a church or mosque.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by dekung(m): 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2012
No one has said any group is smarter than the other so or claiming the superiority of one over another. Please do not derail the thread.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
^ Plaetton definitely insinuated that religion constitutes a stumbling block for science. That may have been true at certain points in history, but is definitely not the case today.

Besides, i see no derailment in my post. It is bang on topic as the thread seeks to question the rationale for atheism.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Dsage1: 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
Plaetton&Lasinoh,i must respect u both for d fact dat u're a good analyst&possed wisdom,but once both of u refused to answer or shed more light on wer d ideas comes from,definitely u might not ve enough evidence/reason to backup ur idiology of blif.i wi say no more,may God bless u.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
@Deepsight:
No one is born athiest or thiest so none can be said to be smarter. The mind is malleable and can be programmed to view things from this or that perspective.
Gradual imasculation of religion. That is not debatable. Athiesm is just an extreme form of diesm, agnosticism and other isms that repudiate the judeo/christian concepts of divinity. I think you get my drift. Religion has always been and continues to be an impediment to scientific advancement and knowledge in general. I have too many intances both personal and historical to support that assertion.
Modern science has its foundation on the courage of  brave men and women who rebelled against religious orthodoxy to study the workings of nature. For fear of persecution, much was done in secrecy while still pretending allegainace to religious creeds. They very few that publicly repudiated religious dogmas of their time often paid the ultimate pirce with thier lives and freedoms.  Also, and more importantly, you have to agree with me that open athiesm is a relatively new phenomena simply because we all enjoy much greater freedoms today. It would be disengenous to present a roll call of how many early scientists were athiests or theist. The fact is that they all rebelled against the rule of the church and immasculated and waterred  down the hitherto domineering influence of religious thought .
You cannot tell me that after drifting aimlessly for more than 100,000 yrs, humans accidentally or by some devine plan, sudenly leapt forward in scientific achievement.
The undisputed catalyst and forebearer of this new age is the imasculation of religion.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
D sage:

Plaetton&Lasinoh,i must respect u both for d fact dat u're a good analyst&possed wisdom,but once both of u refused to answer or shed more light on wer d ideas comes from,definitely u might not ve enough evidence/reason to backup ur idiology of blif.i wi say no more,may God bless u.

Where do ideas come from? This brings us to the topic of Consciousness . Consciousness is very complex idea to fully understand, let alone explain. For me to attempt an explanation of consciousness, I need to take titbits of knowlege from my undersdtanding of energy ,infinite space, infinite time, and infinite dimensions.
I will atempt that in while.

@Deepsight:
You are very knowledgeable and eloquent on this issiue of consciousness. Maybe you can lead the way and I'll follow.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Dsage1: 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
@deep sight,thanks for ur contribution. @plaetton,a word(conciousness) was used by many ancient philosophers to explained d human devlopmnt as well as evolution of society.But d man who paid more emphasis on it was G.W.H Hegel.Although Hegel recognised d existence of God,wch he term "universal spirit or idea of genuius" as sources of human ideas but could not acertained why humans behaved in a particular way,rather he tried to explained human devlopmnt,tru dialectics process,using thesis,antithesis&synthesis.wat i'm try to say is dat if we start discusng counciouness we might not end dis thread till next 2yrs,On dat basis,i wi wnt everbody dat contribute here especially u, to pls answer in our own personal paspective wer we tink d ideas comes from,e.g is it from God or by wat we perceived.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2012
plaetton:

@Deepsight:
No one is born athiest or thiest so none can be said to be smarter.

But EVERY human being is born with the cosmological paradox of existence implanted as a question in his mind. Why does he exist. For what purpose? Telling a human being that he exists because a prebiotic soup somehow contrived a unicellular organism will eternally remain a deeply unsatisfying answer for most human beings because they have a sense of meaningfulness that such a bald explanation can NEVER meet.

As regards your other comments, I do agree to a small extent that in the past and in certain places, religion has indeed slow scientific progress. But we cannot make a sweeping statement of that: it did not happen in all societies and infact was most heavily concentrated in a certain period of history. I must now ask you how the religion of the Chinese stopped them from evolving pace setting ancient technologies such as gun powder for example. Or can you tell me how Hinduism has stopped the indians from developing several medical technologies. Has Christianity stopped the dizzying pace of technological advancement in somewhere like the USA for example? And yet it remains a highly religious country. Let's think about ancients such as the Egyptians. Such people were crazily religious with the most fantastical beliefs that could be imagined. What effect did that have on their scientific endeavors. It actually made them passionate enough to accomplish astonishing feats such as the pyramids, which modern technology would still have a tough time constructing. So all in all i think it is too much of a blanket statement for you to state that religion retards science. That is too much of a generalization. At all events it remains true that religious people have been and generally remain at the forefront of the vast majority of scientific accomplishments.

As far as scientific development is concerned, surely you are also aware that it is a process in which every discovery leads to many others and so it takes time as it develops. There are also factors at play such as environmental imperatives, demands of war, and many others that compel innovation. It is overly simplistic in my view to say that it's boils down to dissociation from religion. Aside from being for the most part not true.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
@D sage:
Ok. Let me try.

Energy. Everything is energy. Infact, the universe is[b] a [/b] manisfestation of energy. So if you want to say that energy is god or that god is energy, thats perfectly fine with me. There are countless variarions or frequencies of energy thats why we have countless variations of physical matter as well as non-physical(undetectable) matter.

All manifestations of of energy are imbued with all the qualities, but manifest at different rates of vibration or frequency. Therefore all physical matter, being of the same source and qaulity are hence interconnected and and interact and communicate with each other. All matter, physical and non-physical, draw , exchange and transfer energy amongst themselves.This interaction transcends space and time.

The more complex the atomic configuration, the more the interaction, the more complex the system, the more the interaction or energy exchange.
The human brain is probably the most complex biological system that we know. Also , the cell of a brain tissue has been found to be made of billions and billions of crystals of super-conducting elements.

The human brain is therefore a super-conductor.
Superconductivity is the holy grail of science. Super=conducting qualities are, literally speaking, way out of this world. A super-conductor can transmit enegy over distance without any loss of energy: Meaning, for example, that a super-conducting generator in lagos can supply energy to South Africa or even the moon, without any wires and without any loss of energy. It ttranscends space. It is impervious to the boundaries of physical space and perhaps time.

Now if the above is true and if the human brain is indeed a super-conductor, then our brains are the gateways to the universe. It means that unknowingly, we are both recievers and transmitters of cosmic energy from everything that exists. We are intimately connected to every atom and every particle that exists.

In higher mammals, which we are, the  complexity and frequency of these energy exchanges or interactions reaches  a certain(perhaps mathematical) threshhold, whereby the energy bits recognise themselves and begin to aggregate into  discernable and organized patterns. That is what we call consciousness, self-awareness or santience, from whence ideas and imaginations take root.

Since super-conductors operate without wires, it begins to make sense why we have certain emotions about ceretain things or certain people. It explains why sometimes, we feel that we can read people's thoughts and emotions,why we have dreams and visions, and feelings of Deva vu, Why we feel unconditional love towards parents and children(similar DNA or energy particle configuration).

Now  because our super-conducting brain can transcend physical space and time and reach out into other dimensions to intereract and exchange energy, we can say that man has a non-physical compnent as well as his physical body. It is what we term the spirit, or soul and that too comes with its own hierachy of complexity. The brain can also now be called the seat of the spirit or soul.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 7:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
Ofcourse it is always muh easier to just say that God did it and so and so, that way you dont ever have to worry about energy interactions.
That's why we have a nicely wrapped package called religion.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
@D sage:
Ok. Let me try.

Energy. Everything is energy. Infact, the universe is a manisfestation of energy. So if you want to say that ebergy is god or that god is energy, thats perfectly fine with me. There are countless variiarions or frequencies of energy thats why we have countless variations of physical matter as well as non-physical(undetectable) matter.

Is all energy strictly physical?

All manifestations of of energy carries are imbued with all the quality qualities, but manifest at different rates of vibration or frequency. Therefore all physical matter, being of the same source and qaulity are hence interconnected and and interact and communicate with each other. All matter, physical and non-physical, draw , exchange and transfer energy amongst themselves.This interaction transcends space and time.

The more complex the atomic configuration, the more the interaction, the more complex the system, the more the interaction or energy exchange.
The human brain is probably the most biological system that we know. Also , the cell of a brain tissue has been found to be made of billions and billions of crystals of super-conducting elements.

Having specific regard to the human brain and it's multiple layered billions of neural connections and capacities, what do you imagine to be the likelihood or possibility of the development or evolution of such an organ in (x) a purposeless universe and (y) without external intelligence whatsoever

The human brain is therefore a super-conductor. Superconductivity is the holy grail of science. Super=conducting qualities are, literally speaking, way out of this world. A super-conductor can transmit enegy over distance without any loss of energy: Meaning, for example, that a super-conducting generator in lagos can supply energy to South Africa or even the moon, without any wires and without any loss of energy. It ttranscends space. It is impervious to the boundaries of physical space and perhaps time.

This would imply that you recognize the possibility or reality on non material aspects to reality.

Now if the above is true and if the human brain is indeed a super-conductor, then our brains are the gateways to the universe. It means that unknowingly, we are both recievers and transmitters of cosmic energy from everything that exists. We are intimately connected to every atom and every particle that exists.

In higher mammals, which we are, the  complexity and frequency of these energy exchanges or interactions reaches  a certain(perhaps mathematical) threshhold, whereby the energy bits recognise themselves and begin to aggregate into  discernable and organized patterns. That is what we call consciousness, self-awareness or santience, from whence ideas and imaginations take root.

And is it your perception that this is a process of chance?

Since super-conductors operate without wires, it begins to make sense why we have certain emotions about ceretain things or certain people. It explains why sometimes, we feel that we can read people's thoughts and emotions,why we have dreams and visions, and feelings of Deva vu, Why we feel unconditional love towards parents and children(similar DNA or energy particle configuration).

I am distressed if you honestly feel that parental or inter sibling love is actuated by similar DNA.

Now  because our super-conducting brain can transcend physical space and time and reach out into other dimensions to intereract and exchange energy, we can say that man has a non-physical compnent as well as his physical body. It is what we term the spirit, or soul and that too comes with its own hierachy of complexity. The brain can also now be called the seat of the spirit or soul.

It would seem very strange to me for you to acknowledge the existence of non physical realms, spirits and souls, and simultaneously posit that life came to be through unguided material evolution only. Actually, that is very very strange indeed.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
plaetton:

Ofcourse it is always muh easier to just say that God did it and so and so, that way you dont ever have to worry about energy interactions.
plaetton:

I think this is a limited view. Many oriental religions are deeply steeped in the many interactions of non physical vibrations in the reality in which we live. They are not lazy in the way you advance: many of such religions have profound expositions on such matters that are mind boggling and amazing in their grasp of laws. Secondly even the conventional judeo Christian religion even though they do not go into such detail, set out very simple principles which are actually based on the same laws and vibrations. Ideas such as "whatever a man sows, the same shall he reap" and "love your neighbor as you love yourself" are all founded on the laws and vibrations at play.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
@Deepsight:
For an honest seeker of knowledge, there are no contradictions. Contradictions arise when people take a dogmatic posture on issues. I try not to be dogmatic on any issue since I know not and I know that I know not.

If you read my previous post again, without bias, you will see that i tried to convey that physical matter is just a(highlited) manifestation of energy. That stamement implies that energy is not restricted to physical manifestation.
Again, 4.7 billion yrs of ceasless interaction of energy is enough time to produce  degrees  of unimaginable complexity. I dont see any homogenous external intelligence, or let me put it this way: an external intelligence was not, in my view, necessay.

If energy manifest in physical and non-physical, then there must be non-physical realities beyond what our sense can perceive.

This is not a an academic paper, it is just my deductions from scientific facts and theories and hypothesis. Since love can be discribed as a sort of magnetic attraction, it makes logical sense that similar DNA finds comfort in each other's  company.
I think that spirits, souls etc are non-physical manifestations of the same energy stream.
I dont see how that can be a contradiction simply because i dont believe in an external creator.

N:B: Many of the oriental religions are non-custodial religions. And by now, Deepsight, you should know that our use of the word religion in this forum usually refer to the abrahamic religions because they a re the ones that dominate our environments.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Kay17: 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
I think its sad to classify objects not visible to the eye as non physcial

Telling a human being that he exists because a prebiotic soup somehow contrived a unicellular organism will eternally remain a deeply unsatisfying answer for most human beings because they have a sense of meaningfulness that such a bald explanation can NEVER meet.

I didn't know self satisfaction was a criteria for truth and that there is an inner unquestionable truth which other purported truths are to be measured with.

The argument for intelligent designer must settle nature as an alternate designer is inadequate. By striking nature, one would purport God acts through what we once thought were "natural processes" and at end would have to conclude that there is no such thing as nature. And deny understanding natural works.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2012
plaetton:

@Deepsight:
For an honest seeker of knowledge, there are no contradictions. Contradictions arise when people take a dogmatic posture on issues. I try not to be dogmatic on any issue since I know not and I know that I know not.

If you read my previous post again, without bias, you will see that i tried to convey that physical matter is just a(highlited) manifestation of energy. That stamement implies that energy is not restricted to physical manifestation.
Again, 4.7 billion yrs of ceasless interaction of energy is enough time to produce degrees of unimaginable complexity. I dont see any homogenous external intelligence, or let me put it this way: an external intelligence was not, in my view, necessay.

If energy manifest in physical and non-physical, then there must be non-physical realities beyond what our sense can perceive.

This is not a an academic paper, it is just my deductions from scientific facts and theories and hypothesis. Since love can be discribed as a sort of magnetic attraction, it makes logical sense that similar DNA finds comfort in each other's company.
I think that spirits, souls etc are non-physical manifestations of the same energy stream.
I dont see how that can be a contradiction simply because i dont believe in an external creator.

N:B: Many of the oriental religions are non-custodial religions. And by now, Deepsight, you should know that our use of the word religion in this forum usually refer to the abrahamic religions because they a re the ones that dominate our environments.

If you assert that there exist other non-physical energies and realities - - - - AND - - - - >

You ALSO assert that all energies are i[b]nterconnected [/b] - - - THEN - - - >

It is an iredeemable contradiction to seek to disconnect the material world from the non-material energies - by asserting that life in the physical realm must have a strictly physical origin. This is not tenable in a scenario where you have yourself contended that all energies are interconnected AND that there are non physical energies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

LADIES, The Reason God Gave You Beauty And A Good Body Is To Win Souls. / Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus / Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.