Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,268 members, 7,970,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:43 PM

Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl (2014 Views)

Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? / Lucifer Is Fallen And Doomed! So Are Satanists/atheist On Nairaland & Beyond!! / Mock The Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
Kay 17:

I didn't know self satisfaction was a criteria for truth and that there is an inner unquestionable truth which other purported truths are to be measured with.

Truth strikes a chord. Whether we like it or not: the explanation that the universe lacks an over-arching purpose and that random and meaningless permutations of unicellular organisms emerging purposelessly from a pre-biotic soup account fully for our existence will NEVER EVER resonate satisfactorily with a conscious, sentient, intelligent being with feelings and abstract ideas and goals. It's quite simply empty, to such a being, and does not speak to his inner nature which he is very alive to.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Kay17: 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

Truth strikes a chord. Whether we like it or not: the explanation that the universe lacks an over-arching purpose and that random and meaningless permutations of unicellular organisms emerging purposelessly from a pre-biotic soup account fully for our existence will NEVER EVER resonate satisfactorily with a conscious, sentient, intelligent being with feelings and abstract ideas and goals. It's quite simply empty, to such a being, and does not speak to his inner nature which he is very alive to.

No, you placed man's emotional burden above the search of truth. A purposeless existence gives life the opportunity to be self defined rather than being treated as a mere utility which is not beyond its market value.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Dsage1: 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2012
@plaetton,firsly,ur analysis makes humans or der brain looked like non-living object dat could be control by apparature.2ndly,for u to acknowdge d existence of spirit or soul,defintely u must at least ve kno ders unseen forces/spirit influnce our thought wch i blif might b a super natural being(God). In my own view,i blif dat 95% of our ideas comes tru perception,i.e wat we perceived in our immidiate environment.For instance,probably if bird did not exist or flies across d sky,d thought/ideas of making an aeroplaine might not comes to d humans mind.D same tin apply to sth like Milipede/Centipede&Train,Dragon&Helicopter,Moon&electric light,dey ar countless but jst to mention a few.The remaining 5% of humans ideas comes from unknow source,porobably by d inspiration of universal spirit wch i tink is God.And d fact dat,d dream i dreamt abt wat i didnt thought,perceived,torch or even comes across in my life b4 comes to past make me kno dat der ar unseen forces or spirit,dat seen beyond our imagination&der4 subsequently influence our thinking faculty in wch i blif its God.Also,d fact dat our life started at birth&end wen wi died make me realised dat humans existence is not circularly causal,i.e der must b a begingn,meaning dat somtin is cause&not cause by any odas tin.On dat basis i recognised d existence of God.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by Kay17: 12:23am On Feb 02, 2012
^^^

Sad. *sigh*
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by plaetton: 5:56am On Feb 02, 2012
@D sage.:
Read my post again. The universe is just a physical manifestation of an energy stream. This energy also exist and manifests in varius other forms not perceptable to our senses. The soul or spirit can be said to be another manifestation of the same energy stream. Through our super-conducting brain/mind, we are intimately connected to all the other realms of manifestation or the energy stream. This imbues us with dual nature of physcial body and non-physical spirit or soul.

If there are many dimensions of energy, there must be many alternate realities both physical and non-physical, all vibrating at thier own frequencies.

Have u evr wndered why you feel different and behave differently when you are tipsy, drunk or high on narcotics?
These chemicals slightly alter the frquency of your neural impulses and elevate your consciousness and perception of reality. The stronger the narcotic, the more profound is the change in perception.
In other words, simple ingestion of a mild or strong narcotic immediately creates or takes you to another reality of space and time.
Now imagine if you can , by some means, increase ur rate of vibration by say, 10 fold or hundred fold, you would litrally become as a god, omnipotent, omniscient,omnipresent. relate this to the serpent, adam, eve and the Elohim or gods of eden. The serpent in that story assured eve that her consciousness would be elavated and she would gain self-awareness and live as the gods, knowing good and evil. the Elohim were quite alarmed by this development and quickly went on to guard the other fruits in the garden lest the man parttake of it (further elevate his consciousness) and live forever like the gods.
Obviously, the serpent was right.

In ancient times, temples or places of worship were constructed on strategic locations on strategic dates worship was aslo on strategic dates. The idea wa s hat the temple was a giant talisman that when tuned to the right frequency(by music and ritual) would attract and draw, upon itself all within it,cosmic energy to elevate the consciousness, bless or invigorate. Again, this cosmic energy stream is what is comonly refered to as god or the holy spirit or whatever religous or philosophical nomenclature of that era.

When asleep, our mind projects itself onto other realities for interaction. Since our mental database or memory does not have any prior data on inter-dimensional experience, such exprianeces are stored in our memory as symbols using information from our physical realities. when we wake up, our dreams seem jumbled and confusing because the the intelectual part of our brain does not understand the language of symbolism. Once in w hile we all have epiphanies where , for a very brief moment we see things in very clear and very colourful ways never seen before.
Oviously, the the idea that we are left alone in this lonely outpost of the universe unattended is very very frieghtening to humans. So we build elaborate fantasies and pray that one day daddy would come back ,validate our fantasies and give us a higher meaning and purpose.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by DeepSight(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2012
@ Plaetton - I thought you never attended to my query on your pantheistic posture. I only just went there now and saw that you did. That closes my inquiries and places your comments in better context. Thanks.
Re: Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl by UyiIredia(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2012
Kay 17:

No, you placed man's emotional burden above the search of truth. A purposeless existence gives life the opportunity to be self defined rather than being treated as a mere utility which is not beyond its market value.

When you you talk about self-definition you have brought in purpose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Prayer:who Is The Best 'mountain Of Fire Or Cac' / Pastorkun Should Be Banned From This Forum / What Is Your Motive For Going To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.