Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,421 members, 7,920,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:02 AM

News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested (28846 Views)

Boko-Haram Spokesman "Abu Qaqa" Arrested In Kano / Boko-Haram Spokesman Abu Qaqa Killed? / Breaking News: Nigeria Arrests Boko Haram Spokesman Abul Qaqa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by calculusx(m): 1:22am On Feb 02, 2012
Officials of the Department for State Security (DSS) Wednesday confirmed the arrest of Boko Haram spokesman, Abul Qaqa in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

The arrest, it was learnt from security sources, was made possible via the GPS tracking of the top Boko Haram official.

A top official of the DSS in Borno told journalists on phone that "we have finally picked him (Abu Qaqa) up and he is currently in our custody, you can report that as a confirmed development".

It was gathered from security sources that Qaqa, who had been speaking on behalf of the Islamic Militia group, that identified themselves as Jamaatu Ahlil Sunna Lidawati wal Jihad, but known to many Nigerians as Boko Haram, is a native of Igala, Kogi State.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-dss-arrests-boko-haram-spokesman/108356/
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Kabai: 1:33am On Feb 02, 2012
Will this realy scare Boko Haram or excalate their deeds?

Either way, if this is true, then it's a good move in the right direction. Let's watch the drama as its scenes unfold.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by naijaking1: 1:41am On Feb 02, 2012
That promised cooperation with MOSSAD eventually paying off with high tech. tracking devices for cell phones, computers, and anything that uses energy. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by fabj1(m): 1:56am On Feb 02, 2012
@ least he is a being dat culd b cot. . . . .mstcheew. God help us.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Odunnu: 2:24am On Feb 02, 2012
We are getting there somehow. Good job SSS
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Goodking(m): 2:43am On Feb 02, 2012
It seems there is no confirmation yet.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by consultans: 3:19am On Feb 02, 2012
THE YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR HERE IS YOUR IS THE CHANCE.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN STARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK IN THEIR FIRM IN QATAR WITH HIGH PAY ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON +2348165027376 PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES »
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
, market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying call us on +2348165027376
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Obijulius: 3:25am On Feb 02, 2012
GEJ's s haters r not respondin. i tot they culd bow their heads in shame & hail mr. Pres. 4 a job wel done. Dumb asses!!!
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 02, 2012
It can not be better than this if it turns out to be true. He will definitely belong to both the intellectual and militant wing of the sect.
I hope our police will be wise enough not to kill him and he should not be allowed to commit suicide as well.
The guy may provide useful information to arresting the whole ugly trend.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 02, 2012
Obijulius:

GEJ's s haters r not respondin. i tot they culd bow their heads in shame & hail mr. Pres. 4 a job wel done. Dumb asses!!!

It's not yet a job well done. But it's definitely a right step in the right direction.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 02, 2012
It seems you guys are missing the crux of the story "SSS IS NOT SURE OF WHO THEY HAVE". They're not sure if its even the man they're looking for. Thats Naija speak for "Em, if the right person pays the right bribe or If the right call comes from the right quarters, this man might em vanish, escape or wind up dead. . . . we're sorry but we won't be able to produce a body to confirm his death".

As for me, the only Statement I want to hear next from a Govt. Spokesman is : ". . . he got shot and killed during an attempted 'escape'; heres his bullet riddled body as proof. But not to worry, before the attempted  escape , we gathered enough intel and have subsequently located, and apprehended the main sponsors of this dreaded group. During the interrogation of the apprehended members, and after giving us all the info we needed to understand how Boko Haram works umm. . . err . . . huh. . . mysteriously bullet holes started appearing in various parts of their bodies and they are all also dead now. My officers did not fire a single shot at them! In fact, none of my officers were armed in that interrogation room. Heres proof of those members bodies too. We will be investigating how these bullet-holes appeared and from where. Preliminary talks with Medical Officials reveal that most Boko-Haram members are afflicted with the disease Extra-Judicial-Killingnunlicus. . . . . "

No long story. Interrogate, gleam enough Intel, Confirm Intel is correct, and Kill them; no time for any court case! Anything outside of that and GEJ and the Govt are just playing games on Nigerians. I don't support Extra-judicial killings, but I don't support innocent people being bombed to smithereens just because of a foolish power play between two opposing Groups of crooks.

After this is solved, then we go back to Oct.1st, 2010. GEJ still has a lot to tell us about what he knows/doesnt know about the events of that day. Afterall, he absolved MEND (even thoughMEND claimed responsibility) when every Intelligence Agency---Local/International--- Pointed at MEND. GEJ told us he knew who was responsible but he wouldn't reveal what he knew! So, yeah, after this one make we rewind small go back to Oct. 1st, 2010.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by UncleJJ(m): 4:02am On Feb 02, 2012
kingoflag:

It seems you guys are missing the crux of the story "SSS IS NOT SURE OF WHO THEY HAVE". They're not sure if its even the man they're looking for. Thats Naija speak for "Em, if the right person pays the right bribe or If the right call comes from the right quarters, this man might em vanish, escape or wind up dead. . . . we're sorry but we won't be able to produce a body to confirm his death".

As for me, the only Statement I want to hear next from a Govt. Spokesman is : ". . . he got shot and killed during an attempted 'escape'; heres his bullet riddled body as proof. But not to worry, before the attempted  escape , we gathered enough intel and have subsequently located, and apprehended the main sponsors of this dreaded group. During the interrogation of the apprehended members, and after giving us all the info we needed to understand how Boko Haram works umm. . . err . . . huh. . . mysteriously bullet holes started appearing in various parts of their bodies and they are all also dead now. My officers did not fire a single shot at them! In fact, none of my officers were armed in that interrogation room. Heres proof of those members bodies too. We will be investigating how these bullet-holes appeared and from where. Preliminary talks with Medical Officials reveal that most Boko-Haram members are afflicted with the disease Extra-Judicial-Killingnunlicus. . . . . "

No long story. Interrogate, gleam enough Intel, Confirm Intel is correct, and Kill them; no time for any court case! Anything outside of that and GEJ and the Govt are just playing games on Nigerians. I don't support Extra-judicial killings, but I don't support innocent people being bombed to smithereens just because of a foolish power play between two opposing Groups of crooks.

After this is solved, then we go back to Oct.1st, 2010. GEJ still has a lot to tell us about what he knows/doesnt know about the events of that day. Afterall, he absolved MEND (even thoughMEND claimed responsibility) when every Intelligence Agency---Local/International--- Pointed at MEND. GEJ told us he knew who was responsible but he wouldn't reveal what he knew! So, yeah, after this one make we rewind small go back to Oct. 1st, 2010.

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL - NEGATIVE self-servicer - BANZA KOWAI
YOU ARE A ONE OF THE PEEPS PRAYING FOR NGR DOWNFALL
GO BAK TO UR COUNTRY
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Novice1(m): 4:12am On Feb 02, 2012
consultans:

THE YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR HERE IS YOUR IS THE CHANCE.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN STARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK IN THEIR FIRM IN QATAR WITH HIGH PAY ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON +2348165027376 PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES »
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
, market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying call us on +2348165027376

Go to Qatar and become a slave labourer on minimum wage and maximum disgrace: squalid living conditions (up to 30 people to a flat), zero rights, threat of deportation at the slightest provocation, treatment like rubbish by indigenes, etc.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 5:09am On Feb 02, 2012
John Togo gone!

Osisikankwu gone!

Abu Qaqa in the cooler!

Shekau and sponsor next!

GEJ u are the man! Slow but staedy and detail,lamb but defeater of Lions(IBB,ATIKU,BUHARI,KIDNAPPERS and Boko Harams)
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 02, 2012
UncleJJ:

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL - NEGATIVE self-servicer - BANZA KOWAI
YOU ARE A ONE OF THE PEEPS PRAYING FOR NGR DOWNFALL
GO BAK TO UR COUNTRY

I got into another shouting match with a bunch of re.tards like yourself yesterday, who, rather than use their heads would instead prefer to deny the obvious. I'd rather not bring myself to that kind of animal-level again anytime soon. . . . maybe if I feel like having fun sha.

Now, look at all the names you yelled out. I'm not in the mood to act the fool so I'll refrain from putting you to shame by slapping you silly and intellectually dragging you around the halls of NL by your ankles.

Tell me, what necessitated the insults? The fact that I want Boko-Haram extinguished (with vicious violence if necessary) or the fact that I'm saying GEJ owes us explanations for the lies he told about the Oct 1st, 2010 bombings?!  undecided
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by sheyguy: 5:36am On Feb 02, 2012
I read through the story in punch website and i must admit the details/claims still dont make sense to me. They said he always disposes his sim card after every incriminating call and yet he was tracked with his lastest sim card which is suppose to be new and unconnected to him untill the trace began, how did they get to know his new sim. They even used saddam hussein's saliva test as illustration but u and i know that they dont have a sample of his saliva since the dont know him b4 and we dont have a national database for reference. The only valid evidence that could be used in this case is his voice and even voice can be disguised beyond recognition digitally.
Our security men are likely at it again.

I am on my mobile and cannot bring the article or its link here.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by foster69: 6:03am On Feb 02, 2012
he always disposes his sim card after every incriminating call and yet he was tracked with his lastest sim card maybe Nija is finally taking its sim card registration seriously? After all I could not buy one on the street last fall like you could u in the past, maybe he visited the wrong vendor. Either way, western media is watching this and I hope that Nija is making proper arrangements for getting this person outta town as we speak. Boko Haram = western education is forbidden (or so they translate it). Boko Haram - using cell phones? Isn't this a 180? I mean if you dont want western ways why are you using western technology? Something stinks here. Last I checked, Boko did not invent cellphones, motorcycles or bombs, Why do you succumb to western ways while killing your countrymen and women? I just wish a Boko Haram sympathizer would have enough balls to come on this site and rebut anything that we are saying. Nooooooooooo, they are hiding,

If anyone lets this idiot escape,you will be a fool and there will be a price on your head.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by monex(m): 6:26am On Feb 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

It's not yet a job well done. But it's definitely a right step in the right direction.

abi oo. which job well done. have they gone to search his house and he did not escape. until then
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by sanyaele(m): 6:51am On Feb 02, 2012
What difference would this make?
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by kheart(m): 7:13am On Feb 02, 2012
I thought only hausas be boko haram.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 7:33am On Feb 02, 2012
Beaf:

Face your front and stop chatting shiit. You people are so petty and bitter.
What if Abu qaqa turns out to be Buhari, wetin you go do? Hang yourself or what?

Nobody told those grownups to threaten to make the nation ungovernable the way they did; they aint kids.
I will not be surprised if Buhari, Atiku, Ciroma, Kaita, Tunde Bakare etc are boko haram members, sponsors or facilitators. They are all evangelists of violence and politics of bitterness; birds of the same feather flock together.

I have said it - your daily prayer is that Buhari should be linked to BH
And I know that blackmail, intrigue are also deployed in the process
All the traps you are setting are failing
Why? Your ill will has no influence with God!

calculusx:

It was gathered from security sources that Qaqa, who had been speaking on behalf of the Islamic Militia group, that identified themselves as Jamaatu Ahlil Sunna Lidawati wal Jihad, but known to many Nigerians as Boko Haram, is a native of Igala, Kogi State.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-dss-arrests-boko-haram-spokesman/108356/
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by BetaThings: 7:39am On Feb 02, 2012
Beaf:

shocked
What are you ranting about, "Edwin Clark," "Dokpesi" for? What bearing do they have on the current thread if not petty straw clutching and mischievous falsehood? The whole thing just sounds wildly loopy and when you add the amount of stuff bolded and in red, it is not difficult to picture someone pump'n his keyboard with vehemence, vitriol and near vandalism. Calm down, sir.

Dude, you see the proof that you people are dangerously bitter?

The bearing is that you tried to link Buhari to BH
You were praying that Buhari would be Abu Qaqa - a very very silly idea
And you accused Buhari of threatening to make the country ungovernable
Buhari did not do that. Dokpesi? Yes he will testify to your history of falsehood, fabricated text messages and intrigue
Edwin Clark? Yes he was actually the person that promised to make the country ungovernable if Jonathan did not win
The challenge is repeated
Bring proof that Buhari threatened to make this country ungovernable
An adult should only make statements he can back up
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by sovpounds(m): 7:44am On Feb 02, 2012
Hmmm.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by JaaizTech: 7:52am On Feb 02, 2012
Just Show us the man's video or picture after arrest . Top Al Qaeda suspects were shown being arrested or after arrest. Nigeria's case doesn't have to be different
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 02, 2012
let see how they will stage his escape from detention again. I they laugh!!!
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by heywhytech1(m): 8:15am On Feb 02, 2012
SSS perform your mess, and let this guy go. He is not a fool like you, do u think he is so dull that he won't know he can be track down with phone. Nigerians open your eye this SSS has nothing to offer

Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by waxrider: 8:21am On Feb 02, 2012
And SSS let me know before you free him in the name of escape.
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by dsurrogat: 8:31am On Feb 02, 2012
The person they arrested was a volunteer,
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by dsurrogat: 8:32am On Feb 02, 2012
The person they arrested was a surrogat volunteer,
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by emmalexabl(m): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2012
Well done SSS, well done. . that was a good one but i tink is now time to invite the America/Isreali intellligent unit to take over from here. .
Re: News Flash:abu Qaqa,boko Haram Spokesman Arrested by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 02, 2012
If as I think 'Abu Qaqa' is a nom de guerre, how can we be so sure the right suspect has been caught?
"We are still taking to him. Since 'Abu Qaqa' is a pseudonym for the Boko Haram spokesman, we want to be sure of who we have with us," an unnamed official told Reuters news agency.

Source
Don't tell me our SSS is about to goof on this one again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policeman Killed In Error By Soldiers On Bauchi-Jos Road (Graphic Photo) / 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP / "Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.