Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:03 AM

Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud (15014 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Ogun State Declears Tuesday 2nd Of February Public Holiday / Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2012
Aahammed1:
Talknafree I believe u are out of sense,on no account somebody should abuse one religion.I will not abuse jesus (isa) which is also a prophet.GOD will surely punish anybody dat abuse someone religion.

Are you actually dum-b or you think stu*pi*dity is now in vogue in Nigeria? Who insulted any religion.

Can't you open you frog eyes properly and get to see I am preventing the moor-ons from Insulting Islam and the Holy Prophet?

You just got a free internet access and felt you should respond to the thread without reading through properly.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by FEMARY1: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2012
contracult:

Na wah o. Too many holidays for Nigeria sef!
I tire oo.

Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Spicylady(f): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
OMG! Why not on tuesday? Am having exam on monday. Mtchew
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by bigsean(m): 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2012
Pukkah:

The declaration of a public holiday should not be on the front page?
Yes it shouldn't be a front topic, because it has always been a public holiday "na today".
Or am i missing the script here?
Muslims have always had their public holiday in Nigeria.
Why all of a sudden we are acting like "OMG, the Muslims are having their own holiday, death to infidels".
I believe Nig and Nigerians can be religiously tolerant, if we can remove politically invented religion!
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Adeyeyeaki(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2012
If U dont Have any gud tin 2 say then tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2012
It is when you read the response on posts like these that you realise that we are divided as a nation. . .

We pretend to be one nation but we know that there are things that divides us and religion is one of it. . .

Funny replies on this thread. . .am still laughing
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by blackboi(m): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
Too many "sit down 4 hause" these dayz, FG pls, quit messing with my productive hours. Or else, Hmm! angry sad
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by chuqudy(m): 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2012
Why promoting this boko haramic religion. Every body should go to work on monday. I will work on monday.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by lakesider(m): 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
I want a reasonable person to look at all the comments so far,it looks like most christians have critisized the holiday and no such comment during christmas new year holiday nd easter holiday,look at our schools especially primary nd secondary school ,U̶̲̥̅̊ ll see the holidays are planed to suite only christian ,even companys holidday are programmed to favour christians, how come other religions have not been considered by the system.is nigeria a christian country?,why is our calendar a christian calendar?.plz don't be bias in responding
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by anataala: 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2012
hello,

for peple accusing Islam and our beloved prophet, the should always think twice before doing such, we Muslim believe in Jesus and you can not be a Muslim if you did't believe in Jesus that is why we Muslim even by mistake don't accused or say any wrong word Jesus because we believe he was sent by God.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by jmaine: 8:00pm On Feb 02, 2012
Scared of Boko haram reetards celebrating it with some fireworks . .and we know their fireworks are fatal. . .
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by anataala: 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
@lakesider you raised  very important point, According to our constitution Nigeria is a secular State, but most holidays favour our Christian brothers, in some countries where the have Muslim like Nigeria Thursday and Friday work free day some only Friday, but no Muslim have ever come and requested for Friday as work free day even knowing is the most important day of the week, and Muslim in Nigeria have the constitutional right to ask for Friday as work free day, but the ignore it for our country to move forward.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by bigsean(m): 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
@lakesider and @anataala.
Even though what u guys have pointed out are valid, but corruption and greed of politicians (and humans in generally) will always allow for them to take advantage of religion to cause unimaginable pain to humans.
Why cant there be enough moderate Muslims condeming boko-haram
Even though u might claim the nigerian system has been skewed to favor christian holiday and watever, but u will admit, there is no loss life.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by anataala: 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2012
@big_sean believe me most Muslims are condeming boko haram and no Muslim want associate him self with them,but u should know that if a common man condem them it doesnt necessarily means that paper will carry it, let me tell you, who ever kill an innocent soul been him a muslim or chiristian is going to hell fire no doubt about it. and what we need in Nigeria is killing of any kind should stop whether in name of religion or tribe, whether in name of crimes like kidnapping,arm robbery,fake drugs, political assinations and so on
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by snthesis(m): 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
why is the public holiday just for one day angry angry angry angry- The Nigerian Govt is Marginalizing the Muslims angry, i suggest the good Muslim folks protest against this unjust marginalization cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by honeric01(m): 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
Most Nigerian Christians are very irritating to me, they are mostly "christians" by association and not by ACT of ACTIONS.

I refuse to be grouped together with these kind of people, Chai, see hatred! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by phreakabit(m): 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2012
Thank God that means one day of No bombings.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by piroro(f): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
ok oh
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Lovine: 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2012
Who is Allah in Islam and is he the same Ubangiji? Then why is it that Hausa's don't call him this name but prefers Allahu? Now BH yes we know they are not true Muslims, but which Mosque do they worship? If we happens to know them and they join us in fellowship (Muslim) will we dis fellowship them?
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by solihu(m): 9:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
As expected! Very telorant indeed. I can see they are congregating faster than ligthening.

Happy id'el malud!
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Lovine: 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
talknafree

I am surprise on what you have said so far, Muslims don't ask Allah to strike anyone dead, we know Allah is too far away from us so we do it by ourselves. So all you have to do is to seek out where this guy is and strike him with dagger or bomb, that's enough so don't involve Allah here.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by STheDream(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2012
www.hotellilyshomecalabar.com best hotel in satellite town calabar
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by DONJAZZY1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
please lets Join and share our pains with the 140million Nigerians who resent the dreaded bokoharam sect members here now http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Hate-Boko-Haram/220467318046057
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by musawisdom(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2012
Dear reader, do u know some people are ill-cultured and senseless. They are bad religion fanatics. Why sayin boko haram are muslims. If one looks around him and say all the people around are bad and no single good, definitely that person is most worst. Are dey not living with good muslims.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by begwong: 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2012
honeric01:

Most Nigerian Christians are very irritating to me, they are mostly "christians" by association and not by ACT of ACTIONS.

I refuse to be grouped together with these kind of people, Chai, see hatred! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
How do u know they are Christians?
when i can see the traits of atheist,budhist,momons,guru maharajis etc commenting!لهرم عجه:
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by ezeagu(m): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
This is the benefit of having a country with one culture, you don't need to be forced into completely alien concepts.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by begwong: 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2012
lakesider:

I want a reasonable person to look at all the comments so far,it looks like most christians have critisized the holiday and no such comment during christmas new year holiday nd easter holiday,look at our schools especially primary nd secondary school ,U̶̲̥̅̊ ll see the holidays are planed to suite only christian ,even companys holidday are programmed to favour christians, how come other religions have not been considered by the system.is nigeria a christian country?,why is our calendar a christian calendar?.plz don't be bias in responding
How do u mean? Muslims holidays are mostly based on sighting of the moon while that of Xtians is not.In my opinion,both religions observe almost equal number of holidays in nigeria.
Moslems:small sallah,big sallah,eid el maulud,
Christians:Easter and Xmas.Mind u Newyear is observed by all(chrislam,budhist,hindus etc,
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by Lovine: 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2012
talknafree

I am surprise on what you have said so far, Muslims don't ask Allah to strike anyone dead, we know Allah is too far away from us so we do it by ourselves. So all you have to do is to seek out where this guy is and strike him with dagger or bomb, that's enough so don't involve Allah here.
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by nasty45(m): 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2012
AND this made the front page?SB PLS SHOOT ME. Hw i wish xtians av their own terrorist to nuke ds COWS out.CHAI E D PAIN ME.C WETIN THEY DO OUR XTIANS BRO/SIS ON XMASS DAY,LIL WONDER THE BOKOHARAM RULER WAN SHARPERLY RECONCILE WIT XTIANS BEFOR THAT DAY.SMDH
Re: Fg Declares Monday 6th February Public Holiday For Eid-ul Maulud by iukpe: 3:57am On Feb 03, 2012
I think as Nigerians, we know ourselves very well. As people who want to make an issue out of everything.
Rationally or ignorantly.

The posts on NL to me do not indicate any divide in our nation, so no one should imagine that it is the case. Most of the time some "true talk" are mentioned in our threads.

I believe some NLs post some rude things for the fun of it. Only to twist the thread and it always does a good job messing things up once the replies start coming, but what can we do?

Honestly I think it would have been better if we could use our threads as a tool for positive "mind rubbing".

NLs must adopt methods that allow us discuss issues than abusing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is DSS Under Police? / Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm / Strike: Osinbajo Begs Labour Leaders To Intervene In ASUU/FG Impasse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.