Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,644 members, 7,918,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 09:47 PM

Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) (8588 Views)

Ojone Ocholi With Her Family Before Their Death (Photos) / LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / Audu Vomited Blood Before His Death - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:04pm On Feb 02, 2012
A bus conductor this morning fell to his death after he was pulled down from a moving bus by a LASTMA official. Eyewitnesses say another vehicle ran over the conductor as he fell from his bus, killing him instantly. The incident happened around 11 am this morning at Motorways, Ikeja on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

The people at the bus stop where it happened turned mob action and beat the LASTMA official to unconsciousness but was rescued by the police before they could kill him. I hear a few of the people who beat the LASTMA guy were arrested at the scene

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/02/lastma-official-push-bus-conductor-to.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Afam4eva(m): 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
Man inhumanity to man.

1 Like

Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by jmaine: 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
Damn !!!
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2012
This is the fault of the government.

I have said it countless times that the government cant wake up, enpower charlatants and not give them boundaries or training.

The same news is all over the country in states where the governors have created an outfit similar to LASTMA. In port-harcourt the news is the same with TIMARIV.

This only reflets the decay in the society. This job LASTMA is doing should be the job of the Police and FRSC. But thanks to their incompetence, the government has used it as a means to "CREATE JOBS" for agberos and miscreants.

I do not blame the LASTMA guys, if the government didnt give them such powers, they wouldnt even dare.
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2012
Seriously ┌П┐ lastma
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by PapaBrowne(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2012
That place called Lagos!! Sometimes you wonder if humans live there!! undecided
But seriously, see how people are standing without an attempt to even safe the man! He might not have died instantly! They should have at least covered the body if it was gone! The value of life. . . . . .
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by RichDad1(m): 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:

But seriously, see how people are standing without an attempt to even safe the man! He might not have died instantly! They should have at least covered the body if it was gone! The value of life. . . . . .
There's nothing they could do.News has it that the poor guy died immediately. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Pukkah: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
Rich Dad:

There's nothing they could do.[/b]News has it that the poor guy died immediately.   cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

To the extent that he was not confirmed dead by a qualified doctor, the first thing was to hurriedly convey his body to the hospital for he may still have been alive.  Even if he was certified dead, then he should be taken to the mortuary.  In either case, it's neither in the interest of the man (the victim) nor humanity to leave his body on the road unattended to but with onlookers looking helplessly, doing nothing.

This is the message the poster quoted below was trying to pass across:

PapaBrowne:

But seriously, s[b]ee how people are standing without an attempt to even safe the man! He might not have died instantly! They should have at least covered the body if it was gone!
The value of life. . . . . .

Back to the topic, while the LASTMA official may have been overzealous, it should be noted that bus drivers in Lagos are impossible and have become a major nuisance on the roads. They contribute in no small measure to traffic congestion and are generally undisciplined. The level of disruption they cause to traffic flow is unfathomable. Their Association (NURTW) which should charge them to be law-abiding and obedient to traffic rules is not more cultured. 

They ply dedicated Bus Rapid lanes with impunity and park on the road to pick and drop passengers. And when corrected, they become abusive or violent.  It's a major task to try to put them in line. Although they have their own excesses but I really do not envy those LASTMA guys. Really, do we need as many LASTMA or police officers for sane drivers to behave properly behind the wheel?  How easy was it to pull for a man on walking on foot (LASTMA) to pull someone (bus conductor) to his death from inside a moving bus if he was properly seated in the bus and the door locked?

This matter should be properly investigated and the erring LASTMA official should be handed over to the law enforcement authorities for the law to take its cause.
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by UyiIredia(m): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2012
mumu LASTMA official.
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Fhemmmy: 8:11pm On Feb 02, 2012
This is crazy
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by laCapri: 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2012
Why is this story not on the front page?
If this had happened in a PDP state the mod would have gladly posted it on the front page.
Hisssssss
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by stiyke(m): 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2012
Moral of this:
The "common man" is as much a problem to this country as the corrupt politicians. It happens everday we even see it daily but we rather prefer blaming ppl like GEJ for everything.
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
stiyke:

Moral of this:
The "common man" is as much a problem to this country as the corrupt politicians. It happens everday we even see it daily but we rather prefer blaming ppl like GEJ for everything.

Ain't that a fact, ain't that a fact embarassed
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 03, 2012
dax d case wit ESWAMA here in Enugu.i think govt shud do sumfin abt dis
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Smartrizz: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2012
May his soul rest in peace, is so pathetic , me and you have some work to do in our tongue mostly when angered by those conductors. Please instead of cursing them ignore them. I hurts whenever I hear some young and old women/men cursing this people ‘’ you will die on this road’’ and other curses alike. Please not on them alone also to people around us. My dear there is power in spoken words, lets watch our words it matters.
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by eros(m): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2012
Fashola please do away with LASTMA
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by ziga: 9:14am On Feb 03, 2012
stiyke:

Moral of this:

Fact, the common man is also a problem. But guess what? GEJ is our leader!

And guess what leaders do? They make good rules, set good examples for people to follow.

But when the leaders are not even trying to lead, why should we not put most of the blame most of the time on them?
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by ziga: 9:20am On Feb 03, 2012
PapaBrowne:

These kinds of statements sef

A lot of "you people" claiming to be civilized can't make civilized comments.

Tomorrow e go be "these Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa/Gay people"
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by segunjowo(m): 9:24am On Feb 03, 2012
Na wa o! Lagos government shld do something to curb these LASTMA guys, they once spoilt my car, I still wish to seek redress, even now. How I need to know how best to go about it?
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Rad1cal: 9:28am On Feb 03, 2012
cry cry
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by executinal(m): 9:58am On Feb 03, 2012
Just imaging, what do you expect, they gave power to gberoo, to do the job of police angry angry
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by CarlosVent(m): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2012
they should go to ojota and protest this and also at the park.
where is gani fawemi, soyinka, Brf, Occupy Nigeria?
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by stepo707: 10:21am On Feb 03, 2012
Just too bad.Something have to be done urgently about police and Lastma
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by dmainboss: 10:47am On Feb 03, 2012
Police arrested the mob but didnt attend to the dead. O, I forgot, the police men must have been deployed by the FG. Fashola has no hand in it! He is a very nice guy and very democratic! In short, the best thing since sliced bread! Eko O ni baje!
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by buzor(m): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2012
d RASCALS(lastma) re at it again. i honestly think those rascals be disbanded.
@ziga wetin bring g. a y for this matter. if i may ask, re you a g. a y?
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by iaabc(f): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2012
This is disturbing on many levels:
1. Why do we find it impossible to obey traffic rules and must need someone harassing us to do so, even as private citizens?
2. Why does LASTMA or any other monitoring or enforcement agency have to use barbaric measures to do their jobs?
3. Why don't we have an adequate emergency ambulance system in this country. It is appalling to see people surrounding this man's dead body as if it is nothing, the very least they could have done is get him to a hospital first before other things. It is both sad and annoying. When will how leaders put a proper 911 service in place in this country?
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
iaabc:

This is disturbing on many levels:
1. Why do we find it impossible to obey traffic rules and must need someone harassing us to do so, even as private citizens?

Simple. Over 85% of drivers on Nigerian roads have never been to a driving school before. Most of them cant tell the difference between road signs and commercial signboards. I got my drivers license at the age of 16 when I had never even started the engines of a car before let alone drive one. So if you want to trace it back to its root, you'll see that the rot is reflective of the system in which we live in. A 2 month old baby could obtain a Drivers license under the previous licensing system. So how do you expect the driver on the road to obey laws that he has no idea about. In Nigeria, driving is about being smart and aggressive. Its sad but thats the way it is. I went through the motions abroad and obtained my drivers license in Canada. When I got back to Nigeria in 2010, it took lees than 1hour on the road for me to throw away all I had learnt abroad and switch to the Nigerian way. If things should be repaired, the Licensing office would have to find a scheme for which drivers would undergo a two week driving course and training, complete with written exams before the issuance of the new drivers license. And then a Database should be set up to monitor drivers, catch offenders and punish with a fine and also suspend the license of repeat offenders, and also maybe even jail time sef.

iaabc:

2. Why does LASTMA or any other monitoring or enforcement agency have to use barbaric measures to do their jobs?

This one is also simple. The reason why LASTMA (Lagos), TIMARIV (Port-Harcourt), ESWAMA (Enugu), DOPT (Calabar) e.t.c have turned into using babaric methods to enforce traffic laws (which by the way they do not know) is because the government has made it so. I will explain.
Most of these traffic agencies were set up by the government primarily to "create jobs" for the unemployed youths of their states. Now this is a job that should originally be that of the Nigerian Police, but hey we know the police dont do shi't. Now rather than use a process whereby these agencies are trained on traffic laws and how to work the traffic, they are simply given a uniform and sent out to catch and detain citizens. I think the government should have trained these touts, attached them to the Nigerian police in some form (so as for them to be regulated by the police), and told that there job is not to arrest but rather to correct. You cant give arresting powers to touts, they would exploit it for their own benefit. The LASTMA guys pulled that guy off the bus because they wanted to accost him and extort him, period. Same thing is happening in Rivers State as I type. A lady lost her pregnancy to TIMARIV when they pulled her out of her car and in the process caused trauma to her belly which aborted the child. A man was killed as well by TIMARIV officials when they drugged him in the name of taking his car keys. This manace is the result of giving arresting powers to untrained touts.

iaabc:

3. Why don't we have an adequate emergency ambulance system in this country. It is appalling to see people surrounding this man's dead body as if it is nothing, the very least they could have done is get him to a hospital first before other things. It is both sad and annoying. When will how leaders put a proper 911 service in place in this country?

Once more, the system. If you ask about Ambulance, also ask about Fire Service and co. The system has been destroyed for over 20years and we nIgerians have just been geting by the hard way.
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by ak47mann(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
EKO NI BAJEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by iaabc(f): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2012
Honestly this is terrible. I think that time has come for us to begin to get things right in this country. Are we going to continue this way in this country?
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2012
May his soul rest in peace the lasma guy will meet his doom soom
Re: Lastma Official Push Bus Conductor To His Death (photos) by Ranoscky(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2012
If Rano was God. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sokoto, Enugu, Imo Govs Join Catholic Bishop Of Umuahia For "Iri Ji Mbaise Festi / Enugu State Emergency Agency Says No Cause For Alarm Over Gas Leak / Governors’ ‘jumbo’ Appointments Cost Millions In Salaries Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.