Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,464 members, 7,917,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 06:00 AM

Is This Cheating Or Wat? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Cheating Or Wat? (895 Views)

When I Was Filling Fidelity Bank Recruitment Form Online See Wat I Saw / Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria / Meganet Ltd, A Scam Or Wat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Cheating Or Wat? by deezzle(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2007
I was working as a sales executive in a very popular nigerian-owned one-man business company until a while ago. Being in sales, especially IT sales, u best bet is to stick with Pareto's rule of 80-20. This made it pertinent for me to spend most of my time in the field.
Last week or so, my admin manager accused me of being a staff of another coy and advised me to resign. i had some coy properties in my possesion which i had put my personal effects in for comfort reasons. On my way home that day, i had an accident. I called the hr guy and explained to him, noting that i had complained about the car's numerous issues via e-mail. the car was very bad. brakes were bad, shaft roids were bent, etc.
The story now changed. they have refused to pay my September salary and have gone ahead to reject my resignation letter claiming that i intentionally went ahea to have an accident. Even though the car is insured, i am being asked to pay for it.
I feel really cheated and confused because i have tried to make them see reason but they are bent on "showing" me.
I need advise, wat should i do?
Thanks
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by rexfx2: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2007
wow,
that ma brovv is the fall out of a decayed economy- where anything goes. D best thing would have been 2 sue their azz off--but sueing a "corrupt" company in a decayed economy, but then we have HOPE to keep us all alive.
what i'll advise you 2 do is at least for a start PRAY ma brovv nonthging pass prayer oo.

will ask my lawyer what he thinks is the best thing to do and i'll post another reply. Thiz 2 shall pass ma brovv if i belive..

1 luv
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by cecegorz(m): 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2007
Try and get in touch with a lawyer ASAP, human right lawyers don't even charge for services like this.
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by deezzle(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2007
i dont know any lawyer. i just got back form them now and they had done their estimate. Like u will expect, it was highly inflated. they used 72 percent of my money in repairing the already dead car. I am not so pained, really but u know that feeling u ge when someone bigger than u cheats u. i wish i could find someone that knows Christopher Kolade or Gani Fawehinmi or Festus Kenyamo. The point is this, why would u just tell someone to resign because u assumed he is working somewhere else? They went ahead to get an inflated estimate from a mech so that it will reduce the amount they will pay me.
I will write more when i am calmer, right now, am loosing my temper.Cheers
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by deezzle(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2007
thanks guys for ur response
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by Alabaodus: 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2007
im also in ur shoes right now. i resigned in my place of work, after giving the required resignation notice the coy still witheld my September salary. the Accounts manager who is a sister to the ED just used her discretion to wicked me. pls i need ur support nairalanders.
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by rexfx2: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2007
just like cece suggested, a human right lawyer is all you need. A private lawyer will be very expensive and he/she could compromise.

Hope all gets sorted out soon.
 cheers brovv
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by Alabaodus: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2007
thanks for ur advice. pls i dont know any human right lawyer, can somebody link us
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by ABD(m): 12:45am On Oct 18, 2007
Bros,if on your mind,u know that u are not guilty of the accusation,I will only advise you to commit everything into God's hand and I believe He will vindicate you as well as provide a more comfortable job for you.I feel for you. shocked shocked
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by bibiking1(m): 9:21am On Oct 18, 2007
This is a case of gross human right abuse, and you will be doing the polity a lot of wrong if you stand and take this violation with opened eyes. There was a time when employers were afraid of bad publicity, maybe you should test their resilience. Go to the press before you get a lawyer. The world should be rid of this sort of wickedness
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by deezzle(m): 9:48am On Oct 18, 2007
bibiking1:

This is a case of gross human right abuse, and you will be doing the polity a lot of wrong if you stand and take this violation with opened eyes. There was a time when employers were afraid of bad publicity, maybe you should test their resilience. Go to the press before you get a lawyer. The world should be rid of this sort of wickedness

Nice advice but honestly, it takes a lot from u doing all those things like press and courts.
I know its wrong for them to accuse u wrongly without evidence and I will be glad to see some kinda justice done but how to go about it is my issue? HELP!!!!
Honestly, u guys dont wanna know the kinda thots running thru my mind. those thots take me to church everyday!!!!

Now i see why somme pple turn to crazy means.
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by Matured26(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2007
Hello Deezle,
The story is highly pathetic and really painful
But pls take the advise of us who believe that in this part of the world for now, not even justice works.
BOLA IGE was killed and nothing happened
FUNSHO WILLIAMS was murdered and Okiro is still searching for his killers
When something is a grand conspiracy and you don't have the money to fight the system, all you can actually do is PRAY FOR JUSTICE.
Does the company think God is asleep?
Thats the reason why some companies though old as methusellah would never do well
and some though young as a day year old are making it real hard.
Pls pray and leave the rest to God

All the best
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by robo1: 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2007
well go to lagos toll gate atmotorways opposite seven up, and inquire about the public defender talk with them and they will help u out they dont charge for anything maybe untilu are fully paid.go there ast andact fast.
Re: Is This Cheating Or Wat? by MrChairman(m): 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2007
gd day my ppl.guys, i honestly feel your pain and i guess ppl in d house have given d best they can.from my own point of view i think u shud think about d future.watever you do,either going to court or to the press, will not help u much.the system is corrupt and no company likes to employ someone with a history of court case with his former employer.so pls i beg u, put it in god's hands, he is faithful and he will vindicate u.goodluck

(1) (Reply)

New Jobs For January & IT students / Work For Yourself, This Could Be The End Of Your Job Search. / Intercontinental News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.