Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,821 members, 7,945,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (827647 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gunpoint(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
smiley
Na, I dnt have any qualms with that, its not much different in nigeria, what with all dis politicos fixing their kids return from msc's abroad ahead of every1 else already. I can live wit it
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by martina7: 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
Hello ppl, were do I start? I read every line of this topic, vry educative save for the silly 4 pages or so dedicated to who spend mony pass on top food(mtchew).
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gunpoint(m): 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
martina7: Hello ppl, were do I start? I read every line of this topic, vry educative save for the silly 4 pages or so dedicated to who spend mony pass on top food(mtchew).
Emmm. . .
Any particular reason why u copied dat? undecided

Anyways, back to my earlier questions, is RGU considered a TOP school in the uk?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 17, 2013
gunpoint:
Emmm. . .
Any particular reason why u copied dat? undecided

Anyways, back to my earlier questions, is RGU considered a TOP school in the uk?
in my opinion i believe the university is decent uni to go to. I have a quite friends who applied there, and they believe its good for what they would like to do in uni like pharmacy or engineering.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by arinze345(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
Any student in University of Glamorgan here? I got an admission(MSc Energy Systems Engineering) there, just want to know the possibility of getting an averagely good job after completing my MSc. Thanks guys.......U guys rock!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
arinze345: Any student in University of Glamorgan here? I got an admission(MSc Energy Systems Engineering) there, just want to know the possibility of getting an averagely good job after completing my MSc. Thanks guys.......U guys rock!
do you want to work in nigeria or wales ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by arinze345(m): 8:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
adaobi123:
do you want to work in nigeria or wales ?
In Wales. If I don't get in Wales, how recognised is an MSc from the Uni by big coy's in naija.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
arinze345:
In Wales. If I don't get in Wales, how recognised is an MSc from the Uni by big coy's in naija.
it should be recognized since the university is reputable
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by arinze345(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
adaobi123:
it should be recognized since the university is reputable
Thanks adaobi....I appreci8
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
arinze345:
Thanks adaobi....I appreci8
no problem
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gunpoint(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2013
So my research shows if you are gon live outside sch, its beta to get like a 3bedroom apartment and share it. Average cost of a 3bed is about 900 to 1,200 quid per mnt. And bliv mi, d 900s I have seen are pretty nice. That's 3,600 to 4,800 for 52wks as against an average of 4,500 to 5,800 unis charge for what turns out tO be standard bedrooms(no private toilet facilities). Note though that uni cost covers utilities(internet, heat, etc). Anyways just postin the info incase anyone might find it useful. Think I will go the 3bedroom road come aug/sept.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
gunpoint: So my research shows if you are gon live outside sch, its beta to get like a 3bedroom apartment and share it. Average cost of a 3bed is about 900 to 1,200 quid per mnt. And bliv mi, d 900s I have seen are pretty nice. That's 3,600 to 4,800 for 52wks as against an average of 4,500 to 5,800 unis charge for what turns out tO be standard bedrooms(no private toilet facilities). Note though that uni cost covers utilities(internet, heat, etc). Anyways just postin the info incase anyone might find it useful. Think I will go the 3bedroom road come aug/sept.
wow 900 to 1,200 per month ? isnt that not a lot ? i found some which range from 60-76 per week, so thats roughly £240-£300 per month.
however it depends where you are schooling

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2013
@ thread, please keep it coming
One can never have too much information based on other's experiences at his disposal as it prepares those seeking to go a framework for his own experiences [s]though also has to filter out deliberate misinformation too[/s]
Only that [as it is with most people] once they get what they need, they never turn back to help others
So PLEASE keep it coming despite your busy academic schedule, you never know what your dropped info could do
N:B
On a weather note [which kain oyinbo be this sef],I feel for those experiencing winter for the first time
Today's weather
London- zero degree Celsius
Newcastle Area- zero degree Celsius
Chei!, no wonder old people dey talk say, cow wey go London dey return as canned beef grin grin grin
The human spirit is really resilient and man is ever adaptable to which ever habitat he finds himself

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gunpoint(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2013
adaobi123:
wow 900 to 1,200 per month ? isnt that not a lot ? i found some which range from 60-76 per week, so thats roughly £240-£300 per month.
grin
Sorry, I 4got to mention I was refering to accomodation in Aberdeen which I have now heard is the 3rd most expensive city in the uk(heard oh).
If its cheaper in portsmouth then good for ya.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2013
gunpoint:
grin
Sorry, I 4got to mention I was refering to accomodation in Aberdeen which I have now heard is the 3rd most expensive city in the uk(heard oh).
If its cheaper in portsmouth then good for ya.
wow sorry o grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by phillymools: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
good day, pls anyone here in university of bedfordshire(luton) looking for a flatmate(female),cos i need a room asap.....thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
this thread needs to be a lot livelier !! people talk na
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hey guys, its been a while. I just want to inform you about a recruitment fair for African students that is held twice, may and October in a year in London. it is hosted by careers in Africa. To be invited to the fair you need to register on their site www.careersinafrica.com and upload your cv. Its for undergraduates and postgraduates that will be graduating this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by scottishlass: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
adaobi123:

It works out the same if he shares the three bed with 2 other people..it would be roughly 300 to 400 quid per month. The rent also depends on the state of the apartment ie furnished or unfurnished and what utilities are included.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 11:32am On Feb 24, 2013
adaobi123:
wow sorry o grin grin
Portsmouth is cheaper, though I heard it is 1 of the most expensive in England.... A thousand quid!!! shocked...
Well, Thank God for the over pleasant weather of Portsmouth, it has not been too harsh ever since I landed. It was terrible in London the day I landed, na small ting remain make i no go back...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2013
adaobi123: this thread needs to be a lot livelier !! people talk na
Na the thing I talk for my post yesterday be this undecided undecided
When people dey chase them tier4 visa, the posts are always coming like busybodies
Once they get am, dem go Ben Johnson for this thread and NL travel section
No be say make dem die put on top this thread or NL, after all na school certificate you go get embarassed embarassed
But Nigerians are born conversationists and you never what the genuine info you reveal here can be of help to another

peteafrik88:
Portsmouth is cheaper, though I heard it is 1 of the most expensive in England.... A thousand quid!!! shocked...
Well, Thank God for the over pleasant weather of Portsmouth, it has not been too harsh ever since I landed. It was terrible in London the day I landed, na small ting remain make i no go back...
Eyaah..Sorry...From 29-33 degrees in Nigeria to -2/3 degrees to 1/2 degrees weather change no be beans O!
Hope your system don dey adapt along with warm clothing?

Take heart

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
ochukoccna:
When people dey chase them tier4 visa, the posts are always coming like busybodies
No be say make dem die put on top this thread or NL, after all na school certificate you go get embarassed embarassed
But Nigerians are born conversationists and you never what the genuine info you reveal here can be of help to another

undecided undecided
i must of misread your post
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2013
^^
he's basically saying after getting their visa/information here, most students/immigrant never return to
help others or contribute to threads
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 11:59am On Feb 25, 2013
ochukoccna:

Eyaah..Sorry...From 29-33 degrees in Nigeria to -2/3 degrees to 1/2 degrees weather change no be beans O!
Hope your system don dey adapt along with warm clothing?

Take heart

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin... I am adapting so quickly. Some folks here are suprised @ the rate sef....
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Dis Guy: ^^
he's basically saying after getting their visa/information here, most students/immigrant never return to
help others or contribute to threads
Thank you sir
No mind adaobi123
UK cold never let am adapt finish grin grin
adaobi123, I dash you 2 swimming pools at 105°C shocked shocked
Swim the length and breadth 10 times
Just 10 times tongue tongue
Just kidding

peteafrik88:
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin... I am adapting so quickly. Some folks here are suprised @ the rate sef....
Omo 9ja cool cool
9ja for show even with all the horrors we have back here
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
ochukoccna:
Thank you sir
No mind adaobi123
UK cold never let am adapt finish grin grin
adaobi123, I dash you 2 swimming pools at 105°C shocked shocked
Swim the length and breadth 10 times
Just 10 times tongue tongue
Just kidding
i have no idea what you just said undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:55am On Feb 27, 2013
Omo 9ja cool cool
9ja for show even with all the horrors we have back here[/quote]

I tell you mehn...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
peteafrik88: Omo 9ja cool cool
9ja for show even with all the horrors we have back here

I tell you mehn...
hows Portsmouth is it any good ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by FutureDon(m): 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
calebo101: Hello peeps, i am settled in London and everything is going smoothly except for one serious issue. I have hardly eaten a decent meal since i came here. Eating in a restaurant is a very fast way to become broke and dry. I do not know how to cook, really bad and it is making things tough for me. If i can get somebody that can cook and i pay the person i would be really really happy. A pot of Egusi soup grin that can last me for a long time as i do not eat that often and a pot of stew as well. I live in Brixton. For those of you planning on coming, please in the name of God learn to cook. That is really affecting me here now. Please serious advise is needed. Thanks

Sorry bro, but I had to laugh really hard to your post grin. I wish I could accept this your offer, but I'm far away from London. You should hook up with a Nigerian lady cheesy ASAP so you won't have a pay someone to do the cooking for you. Anyways, good to know everything is going on smoothly for you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (213) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.