Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,888 members, 7,872,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Marriage By Introduction - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage By Introduction (989 Views)

October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! / Avoiding A Bad Marriage By Pastor Chris. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage By Introduction by doncaster(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2007
Hi peeps i was introduced to a gyl by a good friend and the basis of the intro is for mariage and the gyl herself knw about it as i do.
So guys we have been keeping intouch ever since then although we are not in the same country but she visit and i visit her as well.
My question now is do i need to ask her will u marry me.
Please candid advice will be appreciated.
Re: Marriage By Introduction by ikamefa(f): 1:25am On Oct 17, 2007
doncaster:

Hi peeps i was introduced to a gyl by a good friend and the basis of the intro is for mariage and the gyl herself knw about it as i do.
So guys we have been keeping intouch ever since then although we are not in the same country but she visit and i visit her as well.
My question now is do i need to ask her will u marry me.
Please candid advice will be appreciated.
hmmmmmmmm ! you could ask her if you are satisfied with her undecided like the famous Ali-baba the comedian would say : when you 1st start dating some-one you are only meeting their representatives (c o s they are forever on their best behaviour)
my questions is:do you really know her? if you are satisfied with what you have seen and learned go right ahead and marry her
Re: Marriage By Introduction by havanah: 1:42am On Oct 17, 2007
u said that u two have already met with marriage as an intention but i think it would be a nice gesture if u do ask her to marry u (assuming that u both have developed good feelings towards each other)

there is no harm in adding some romance to a relation that started in a formal way and i think it will increase ur points in her heart

good luck i wish u all the best smiley smiley
Re: Marriage By Introduction by ayeesha: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2007
of course you should ask her!

most ladies want to remember the day she was proposed to.
Re: Marriage By Introduction by doncaster(m): 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2007
Thanks all for your contribution.
Re: Marriage By Introduction by NihilceM: 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2007
I am not for introduction marriage.

You should be the one to look for your spouse yourself.

Don't ever take what other people give to you as the best.

You might never know what is hidden behind everything!
Re: Marriage By Introduction by LadyTi1(f): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2007
@ doncaster:

There is nothing wrong with introduction. Of course it has its challenges - For one, there is more PRESSURE to transform the relationship into marriage.

My advice:  One of the first quetions you should ask yourself is: If I'd met this person randomly, would I have been attracted to or considered him or her? If the answer is yes, then you may proceed cautiously.

You should not rely soley on the report of the person who introduced you, although it helps, especially if they are people you trust and respect. But you MUST also do your own "homework" and get to know this person as you would have done had you met them randomly.

As for proposing marriage: Of course you still need to "officially" ask her. Even if the intention was there from the on set, you must not enter marriage based on assumption. So it's proper to ask her and get a clear yes or no. Besides, like another poster said, a girl wants to remember the day she was proposed to,  so it'd be unfair to deny her that  wink  tongue
All the best!
Re: Marriage By Introduction by Busta(f): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2007
would be nice if u ask her.
Re: Marriage By Introduction by rosquare(m): 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2007
@poster
NO, dont ask her.
wait for me to come and ask her on your behalf
and when its time to tongolo,also wait for me to
ask her on your behalf
ha ha grin grin
Re: Marriage By Introduction by NihilceM: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2007
rosquare:

@poster
NO, don't ask her.
wait for me to come and ask her on your behalf
and when its time to tongolo,also wait for me to
ask her on your behalf
ha ha grin grin

and maybe do it on his behalf!

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Men Just So Clueless? / Romance Tips / I Need A Very Urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.