Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,255 members, 7,970,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:32 PM

MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (12023 Views)

Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2007
shylle:

@jujukemist abi wetin u call yourself,

Bros take time o! Abi because u live in Kaduna? I live in Lagos, and I use the 3rd Mainland Bridge on my way to work every morning. Certainly from today, I'd take some other route. See how some useless bastards are planting fear in me and upsetting my life?

You too dey craze with them. Go ahead, ask Seun to ban me. Ori e o da!
Thank you-typical noise maker. Stay with the issue
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by lapumpin: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2007
MEND should seek a better approach towards driving home their points,
this is way off the HOOK. angry
say no to violence and resolve pressing issues through dialogue.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2007
la-pumpin:

MEND should seek a better approach towards driving home their points,
this is way off the HOOK. angry
say no to violence and resolve pressing issues through dialogue.

La pumpin you are a true son of your father-this is the Issue
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by lobinoxebe(m): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2007
All these people have started their threat again,

dont letz wait and see,

i can volunteer myself to gom blow them up myself, dont lez ake this thing as a joke,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Mystique(f): 11:47am On Oct 26, 2007
MEND should be eliminated, once and for all. . . !! angry angry
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2007
this thread is loosing its savour. Are we done here!
I say no to terrorism, yet I say no to the cheating of the NDtans
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by somze(f): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2007
I'm with you on that one
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by folahann(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2007
There should be a way of dealing with stuffs like this
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2007
Mystique:

MEND should be eliminated, once and for all. . . !! angry angry
ok
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ono(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2007
Truth is that many of us do not understand what it takes to look at the big picture. Some of you guys say the Delta region received 13% derivation from crude oil proceeds since the inception of the Obasanjo administration in 1999 - and that these amounted to several billions of Naira. You guys did not say anything about all that accrued to the FG and other states that contributes little or nothing to the Federal purse. We did not say anything about the 87%, we just delight in zooming into the internal affairs of the Delta region states in order to castigate the ''selected'' leaders of the area.

Much as I do not rule out the fact that many of the past leaders of the area did not live up to expectation, considering what they were given, many of you failed to realise the enormous and daunting challenges the task of developing the Niger Delta poses. I have written in previous entries on this Niger Delta issue how the cost of constructing roads through most of the Niger Delta terrain is typically 3 times that of any other place in Nigeria. Only a heartless individual will leave the real problems in the delta and chase the shadows of bad leadership. I have said time and again that what's on ground in the delta requires a force greater than what any state in the region can muster. It requires Federal might. We need to see the FG showing genuine interest in developing the area to the satisfaction of the people in the area.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by debosky(m): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2007
13% goes exclusively to the SS leaving 87% right? lets say the 87% gets divided into six (fore each zone) then the SS gets an extra 14.5%

meaning it receives 27.5% - almost 30% of all revenue - and this is not sufficient to develop an area less than a fifth of the entire land mass of Nigeria even with its 'difficult terrain'?

Please ONO, stop chasing the far off enemy and face the enemy within first. No one is discounting the tough situation in the delta, but when what is most important is to send the legislators (e.g delta state) on 2 weeks vacation in US, UK and South Africa for 2 weeks vacation at the cost of 400 million naira after 100 days of 'hectic legislative work' and the so called 'militants' say NOTHING about this, I don't see what sympathy or 'big picture' you want us to see.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ono(m): 5:33am On Oct 27, 2007
Debosky,
There's what we call ''cumulative effect'' of something. Here in the delta, the criminal neglect and utter disregard for the peoples right, opinion, welfare and care by successive military and civillian administrators has created a sense of hatred, despair in the minds and hearts of our people. Almost 50 years of continuous exploitation and exploration of not only the wealth of our areas, but our people too and you come here to say 13% or 30% is good enough to address the sins of the past? Think again.

Why would some places in this country enjoy all of the good things of this life, feeding fat on the proceeds from my region, why my area wallop in abject poverty? Why should Abuja, carved out of some northern states and made Federal capital be so highly developed that Portharcourt, the hotbed of oil operation is completely dwarfed by the sheer beauty and splendour of Abuja? If there should be any difference between Abuja and Portharcourt, I felt it should be just the administrative set up of Abuja. But, lo and behold, the roads, streets buildings, parks and residential areas of Abuja are in no way comparable to the filth we have in Portharcourt, where the wealth of this country practically comes from. What manner of justice is that?

I believe it will take more than the meagre 13% or 30% presently doled out from what belonged to us in the first place, to redress the crime of the past. We want to see the Federal government physically involved in developing our states. Right from Delta to Akwaibom, to Cross Rivers State, we want to see the FG using the military might of the country to ''forcefully'' bring succour and the stolen wealth of our areas, back to us. We want to see the FG ''truly'' in support of the delta progress with all the resources needed for our development, returned back to our areas.

An example will make this clear. The FG has failed to dualise the only strategically important road in the South South region of this country - East-West Road. I gathered that hoodlums from some other parts of this country who feel their areas will be ''economically threatened'' by the construction of this road mobilised men and equipment to disrupt the construction activities going on on that road. The FG should react swiftly by deploying military men to provide all-round security for the construction workers. Just the way the same military guys provide round-the clock security to the oil gathering stations in the area.
Another example. The Portharcourt international airport is actually not even comparable to some local airports here in Nigeria, let alone the ones in other countries. An airport befitting the status of Portharcourt and Warri as the nerve-centres of oil exploration activities in this country ought to have been built in Omagwa. But the FG delights in sending troops to guard well heads and flow stations - chasing shadows and leaving out what's important.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ono(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2007
Aside from the last two examples, several others abound to lend credence to the fact that the Niger Delta question goes beyond mere rhetoric about ''thieving governors'' of the South South. Why should we have bridges linking lands in Lagos and Abuja, whereas, creeks and other riverine areas of the South South have no bridges linking them.

Also, why is the headquarters of NNPC sited in Abuja? Why not Portharcourt or Warri? What have they got to loose by siting the headquarters in these areas where the hub of oil activities abound?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9ja4eva: 11:30pm On Oct 29, 2007
shylle:

@jujukemist abi wetin u call yourself,

Bros take time o! Abi because u live in Kaduna? I live in Lagos, and I use the 3rd Mainland Bridge on my way to work every morning. Certainly from today, I'd take some other route. See how some useless bastards are planting fear in me and upsetting my life?

You too dey craze with them. Go ahead, ask Seun to ban me. Ori e o da!

LOL

My guy dey fear
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2007
Which day will MEND Freedom Fighters fulfills their promise, everyone is waiting.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by VANENON(f): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2007
Am from Niger delta and am saying MEND are a bunch of criminals, lets stop fooling ourselves and saying the government should have a dialogue with them.What they need is to be treated like what they are, as criminals and nothing more.
If everybody who feels they 've not had a fair deal pick up a weapon and start threating innocent people where will it get us, so lets not encourage such acts of terrorism from any quarter.
Afterall 70% of the Nigerian population are not getting the best from the nation, but it has not served as a reason for acts of terrorism.
MEND ARE CRIMINALS THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD FLUSH THEM OUT, AND BRING THEM TO BOOK.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by VANENON(f): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2007
ONO, of what use has the 13% been put to, aside from lining the pockets of a few individuals.
Why has MEND not gone to deal with the like s of Odilli, Ayams and KayKay and their boys.

Do you even have any idea what 13% amounts to?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujuneme6: 11:55am On Oct 30, 2007
@ rasputinn/jujukemist

I agree wit rasputinn,like Rasputinn,I'm from the ND too n I agree wit him intoto.Rasputinn,no apologies to anybody jooooooooo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JUJUKEMIST WROTE

I see that certain individuals have gone haiwire.are we not mature to run a discourse within the context.Egbon seun should take note, that some cotributors to this discourse are practicing online terrorism-they are no better than habbib marwan.No body has the monopoly to insult any body because of divergent views.
If in doubt you can check my contributions to this topic so for-having a balance objective, holostic presentation should be the guide in our utterances.
Like I had said before. Mend is wrong for wanting to blow the bridge. Our military is incabable of containing MEND. Coruption of military leaders, ND leaders and Politicians are more of a threat than the statement of MEND. If the agitatuions didnt start Abuja would never pay attention to the region. That you are from the ND doesnt make you to know the ND. After all what did you do before the FREEDOM fighter/terrorist/Criminals began??
Quote from: rasputinn on October 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
Juju and willy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RASPUTINN WROTE

Forget about any disaster,you talked like one completely ignorant(WHICH YOU ARE) of the politics of the ND,these guys are thieving COWARDS.It's only a fool or one of them that will call them freedom fighters.They are just common criminals,extorting money from legitimate business people because they are armed.I know how much I paid(grudginly)to these bastards to release my barge last year,which they hijacked,they said they only reduced the money because we spoke the same language.Yet some IGNORAMUSES will come to this portal and be writing rubbish about emancipation of niger delta calling those criminals freedom fighters.Whose freedom are they fighting for,when they are the very one depriving people of freedom.
Well sha,na so our so called elders first dey shook hand for we eyes,till their cup full,per this criminals for we place so ehh,their cup go soon full,no matter what all the IGNORANT people say in approval of their criminality here on this portal.But make we dey use our tongue count our teeth.

About the deve,that one na mai mai,e full everywhere.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by kaylala(m): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2007
shocked
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by VANENON(f): 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2007
Come to Port Harcourt and see the refineries right now its lying redundant.
If you were in their shoes would you want to build another one?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 11:18am On Nov 01, 2007
VANENON:

Am from Bayelsa state, and a staff of shell, so based on first hand knowlegde, am saying MEND are a bunch of criminals, lets stop fooling ourselves and saying the government should have a dialogue with them.What they need is to be treated like what they are, as criminals and nothing more.
If everybody who feels they 've not had a fair deal pick up a weapon and start threating innocent people where will it get us, so lets not encourage such acts of terrorism from any quarter.
Afterall 70% of the Nigerian population are not getting the best from the nation, but it has not served as a reason for acts of terrorism.
MEND ARE CRIMINALS THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD FLUSH THEM OUT, AND BRING THEM TO BOOK.
VANENON:

Nigeria 1, you people should get your facts straight before opening your mouth to spill out your ignorance!
Come to Port Harcourt and see the refinery Shell built and the government took from them, right now its lying redundant.
If you were in our shoes would you want to build another one?
Vanenon you are not from Bayelsa,don't decieve yourself-nobe byforce. Tell us the Clan you are from and the village. You are a Shellie, not a Nigerian. We know your pedigree, how did you get into Shell?What work are you doing for them. Are you a Spy or a Foriegn agent? You, from bayelsa. Godforbid. Just tell us the Truth. before the likes of MEND came, What did you tell Shell to do? Elimuno! Ama te i ya?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by nigeria1: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2007
VANENON (f), which drug are you on. shell built what??, not in your life time,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2007
nigeria1:

VANENON (f), which drug are you on??, 
You dey sure sey she go tell you?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2007
willy*2:

You dey sure sey she go tell you?
I am still waiting for her to tell me the clan and village she is from in bayelsa.All this shell parasites-I doubt if she can survive without the whitie men in shell. Arant nonesense. I will be in yenagoa by the end of this month, how I wish I will see you in Bayelsa.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 10:17am On Nov 25, 2007
I still dey wait for her, i no like make woman dey dey addicted to hard Drugs.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Orosunnuku(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2007
They are bloody jokers, cheap criminals - MEND looking for cheap publicity.
What has third mainland bridge got to do with their struggle?
Is that the seat of Government, or the National Assembly?
They should blow their greed first, before any other thing!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by nwa234: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2007
very strange they should do something
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 12:08am On Nov 27, 2007
Orosunnuku:

They are bloody jokers, cheap criminals - MEND looking for cheap publicity.
What has third mainland bridge got to do with their struggle?
Is that the seat of Government, or the National Assembly?
They should blow their greed first, before any other thing!
MEND are not criminals, they are freedom fighters, fighting for the emancipation of their land from devil paradise called Nigeria.
And they are right to go for any thing Nigeria, because those killing their people are Nigerians. until Nigerians and their dirty HIV infected soldiers stop the mess and leave Ijawland, any thing Nigeria will be a target.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by klarry79: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2007
A litle deviation!

If MEND or any of the militant groups cary out the threat or any of such anywhere in the country.
Can the Nigerian security system cope with such and handle such crises because they will have to
deal with the associated panic, chaos, breakdown of law and order, etc.

the point is that MEND even has the boldness to make such a threat shows the ineptitude of the security
agencies. I understand that there are challenges but please we have a higher expectation than what we are seeing.
Pls permit me to refer to 9-11. We saw a system that face a new and dangerous kind of challenge but within 6 -12 months
they had routed a major operational base of the militants. Is there no intelligence in the SSS or military that can
enable them take tactical measures against these threats?

Personally, I feel we have more to loose as a nation if these small but potent group caries out a strike and I have no faith in the ability of the security agencies to foil or prevent such.

A STRIKE ON 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE WILL SIMPLY SHUTDOWN 3QTERS OF BUSINESS ON THE ISLAND.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2007
klarry79:

A litle deviation!
If MEND or any of the militant groups cary out the threat or any of such anywhere in the country.
Can the Nigerian security system cope with such and handle such crises because they will have to
deal with the associated panic, chaos, breakdown of law and order, etc.
the point is that MEND even has the boldness to make such a threat shows the ineptitude of the security
agencies. I understand that there are challenges but please we have a higher expectation than what we are seeing.
Please permit me to refer to 9-11. We saw a system that face a new and dangerous kind of challenge but within 6 -12 months
they had routed a major operational base of the militants. Is there no intelligence in the SSS or military that can
enable them take tactical measures against these threats?

Personally, I feel we have more to loose as a nation if these small but potent group caries out a strike and I have no faith in the ability of the security agencies to foil or prevent such.

A STRIKE ON 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE WILL SIMPLY SHUTDOWN 3QTERS OF BUSINESS ON THE ISLAND.

You are talking sense, if you had read through this thread you would have seen where i gave an Intel analysis of our security setup, the sumarry of it is that we cannot takle this MEND guys. Can you imagine that our army is savannah oriented in training, while our navy is open sea and ocean oriented. MEND are in the creeks!
Our army were decieving themselves staging a mock battle in Minna some days back, when they should be developing training solutions tailored to fit the ND terrain. What a shame!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Roads That Lead To Jail In Lagos / Supreme Court Orders N3.3bn Payment To LG Chairmen Unlawfully Removed By Fayemi / Codeine Abuse Is The Handiwork Of A Hopeless Economy – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.