Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,584 members, 7,888,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nokia Belle Is Here - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Belle Is Here (61626 Views)

Easy | How To Hack Symbian Phone S60v3 S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle / How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by omoboy08(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
temmy.m3:
Has anyone noticed Skype crashing on BELLE lately?
i use it almost evryday on my 701 witout any hitch. Am only waitin 4d video update
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 9:38pm On Mar 28, 2012
blink182: I used my pc and d notifications are from win rar. See picture

I just re-uploaded the file now.. Also downloaded it again myself to confirm its working.

http://temmy.xtgem.com/Download%20items
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
jedisco: What is precipitate? I wrote tablet-cvm-mobile (v=u)
NL will soon start moderating our profile names.
LMAO, didn't get Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ point at first. Good explanation. Thanks.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
temmy.m3:

I just re-uploaded the file now.. Also downloaded it again myself to confirm its working.

http://temmy.xtgem.com/Download%20items
Thanks, will try it tomorrow.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 12:02am On Mar 29, 2012
jedisco:

Dungeon hunter and Eternal legacy go go blank b4 starting the main game. My spider man is a trial version. I heard asphalt 6 lags on some phones so I didn't bother downloading it.
These were all some time ago. I think fixed versions should be out and plan on downloading them this Easter when I have access to unlimited downloads.

Just installed Eternal legacy on 701, it runs but when loading completes and I select START GAME on screen, it hangs and nothin happens, runs good N8 so I leave it in there till I find a solution to the other one. (i added both screenshot below).. Whaow, Haven't even downloaded any trial app or Game on symbian 3 yet. ASPHALT 6 lags ke chai.. u are missing big time man, No lags on both devices, its my favourite symbian HD game so far (more like a Droid game) and it s awesome when playing, connected to a TV screen (pic attached. Sorry its dark. was taken without cam flash just now). fast & smooth, uninstalled NFS Shift cos it s as slow as Sh*t compared to Asphalt..

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by jedisco(m): 8:22am On Mar 29, 2012
temmy.m3:

Just installed Eternal legacy on 701, it runs but when loading completes and I select START GAME on screen, it hangs and nothin happens, runs good N8 so I leave it in there till I find a solution to the other one. (i added both screenshot below).. Whaow, Haven't even downloaded any trial app or Game on symbian 3 yet. ASPHALT 6 lags ke chai.. u are missing big time man, No lags on both devices, its my favourite symbian HD game so far (more like a Droid game) and it s awesome when playing, connected to a TV screen (pic attached. Sorry its dark. was taken without cam flash just now). fast & smooth, uninstalled NFS Shift cos it s as slow as Sh*t compared to Asphalt..

My DH and EL both go blank after loading. Only the spider man is trial. As for asphalt, I didn't bother downloading cos of some reviews I got.
So where did you download yours from?
Also with which of the phones did you connect the asphalt 6 you connected to the TV.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
jedisco:

My DH and EL both go blank after loading. Only the spider man is trial. As for asphalt, I didn't bother downloading cos of some reviews I got.
So where did you download yours from?
Also with which of the phones did you connect the asphalt 6 you connected to the TV.

Dont believe every comments u see bro, some are from zombies cos their phones are in control, not them. Actually I didnt download them, I hacked and copied them from one of the stores where me and som frnds usually buy phones in Malaysia, PLAZA LOW-YAT actually (naijas over there will know what I mean) lol. I swear dat plaza is an advanced Naija computer village.

Connected with N8 using 3MM AV out, (i indicated it on the pic name) forgiv me I had to snap without flash last nite, privacy protection is necessary on NL bro, i included a better shot below nevertheless

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
GUYS LET US MAKE THE FORUM WORTHIER BY SHARING USEFUL BELLE RELATED APPLICATIONS AND TWEAKS, (with screenshots, if available)
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:02am On Mar 31, 2012
Hey guys, i've been following ur posts from the first page and i must say i'm impressed with temmy and jedisco. U guys are rily good debaters. Now i'm confused as to which phone to buy. Was thinking of gettin an N8 but with jedisco's posts, it seems 701 is also a great 'cheaper' option. I think N8 is the king of the present(since it's still in d n-series range) but 701 is the future or wat do u think?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by yaris(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2012
Damn i have missed alot. sorry guys i went on holiday. now am back. thanks to u guys, u really kept this trend going. Nokia 701 vs Nokia n8. jedisco vs temmy.m3.
well let me contribute, i use an n8. am a very big Nokia fan, so i cant say this one is better when its not. trust me n8 is better. why do u think she cost more. looking at the price is like saying Nokia x1-01 is cheaper and better than Samsung galaxy sii. lol. pls dont compare any phones lens with the 12 mega pixel of n8, why do u think world wide she is the best camera phone. come on, use the two phones in total darkness. Jesus Christ Xenon flash!!!.
why do u think n8 is a flagship model from Nokia. pls. n8 is better. there is no difference between 680mhz and 1ghz speed. come on, if na dual core, let me know. 256mb ram, when u have 1g ram then we can argue. newer model cant be a point, its about technology. do i need Symbian to always update my n8. NO? 2016 is even very far, i should be using pureview 808 by then. the only problem with the pure view is d display, but i guess d price will be cheaper, trust Nokia, they always put there customer first.

keep N8-ing.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by jedisco(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
Hey guys, i've been following ur posts from the first page and i must say i'm impressed with temmy and jedisco. U guys are rily good debaters. Now i'm confused as to which phone to buy. Was thinking of gettin an N8 but with jedisco's posts, it seems 701 is also a great 'cheaper' option. I think N8 is the king of the present(since it's still in d n-series range) but 701 is the future or wat do u think?

I think you may need to go over everything again and make up your mind which model you want to buy also considering what you want from a phone.

They are two different phones which can serve two different groups of people differently.

And please dont call a phone the best just because it within the N-Series.
The N-Series are a group of phones meant for a particular consumer group.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by jedisco(m): 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2012
yaris: Damn i have missed alot. sorry guys i went on holiday. now am back. thanks to u guys, u really kept this trend going. Nokia 701 vs Nokia n8. jedisco vs temmy.m3.
well let me contribute, i use an n8. am a very big Nokia fan, so i cant say this one is better when its not. trust me n8 is better. why do u think she cost more. looking at the price is like saying Nokia x1-01 is cheaper and better than Samsung galaxy sii. lol. pls dont compare any phones lens with the 12 mega pixel of n8, why do u think world wide she is the best camera phone. come on, use the two phones in total darkness. Jesus Christ Xenon flash!!!.
why do u think n8 is a flagship model from Nokia. pls. n8 is better. there is no difference between 680mhz and 1ghz speed. come on, if na dual core, let me know. 256mb ram, when u have 1g ram then we can argue. newer model cant be a point, its about technology. do i need Symbian to always update my n8. NO? 2016 is even very far, i should be using pureview 808 by then. the only problem with the pure view is d display, but i guess d price will be cheaper, trust Nokia, they always put there customer first.

keep N8-ing.

I think we are done with this issue. If you check previous posts you will notice they've been trashed out. But for the purpose of clarity let me point out a few anomalies in your post. BTW we all use Nokia phones and are all huge Nokia fans

1. Price- It costs more simply because it has a nice camera. Just like temmy said that he bought a 12MP cam alone for almost 50k.

2. It seems you've not been into Nokia long enough. That a phone is cheaper does not mean its better. I remember that when N73 came out it was cheaper than some of its predecessors which it was much better than. Also when the E-Series came out, some of their phones within N73s price range were much more better. Also considering Nokias current market position, they are in no mood to offer overpriced expensive phones.
But if you still think N8 is better, them come up with cogent reasons, and not just because its more expensive.

3. I think you've got no idea of what a smartphone is. Its not just a camera man!
So in your line of thought, N8 is better than galaxy s2 and iphone 4s just because its got a better camera.
Mind you not every one is a photographer or fascinated by taking pics. In todays world, a 8mp camera is more than good enough for the average user.

4. If you can argue about the speed and ram of 701, them I think this dialogue is a waste of time.
Speed is a major factor affecting individuals choice when purchasing devices be it pcs or phones.
All I can say is that to illustrate the huge difference, its best you get the two phones and compare.
Imagine someone making a case for a 256MB ram device in 2012. Man wake up! This is not 2005

In summary, if all you've got to say is that N8 is a better phone cos its more expensive and has a better cam, then you shouldn't bother replying. Also, maybe I should remind you we are talking about smartphones and not cameras.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by jedisco(m): 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2012
Double post deleted
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by yaris(m): 8:07am On Apr 01, 2012
^^^you win, but we all know the reason we have n8 is d camera and multimedia. its also d reason nokia made d fone. 701 is a smarter phone than n8. just like the new nokia 808, its all about d camera. case closed.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by sylve11: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2012
@ Temmy, do u think Nokia N900 is a good device compare to the Nokia N8 and 701? I am planning to buy the Nokia N900. Heard u can run multiple OS on it including Android OS cool cool cool cool
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2012
JEDISCO..
lol. u are such an inspiration for 701 users.. u dont give up easily which is awesome, i like that. i think i will go over your point summary again for the sake of people still confused of getting one

PRICE... Its not just the camera alone o, when u glance at both devices, the body casing of N8 is the first thing u notice, it s steel, almost at every part, secondly the HDMI board ( that supports doulby digital plus output as well) above the mother board in the interior adds to the cost. i like the fact that its HDMI and 3mm takes its video proessing from one source, it makes multimedia content on TV worthy, even with just an ordinary 3mm AV Cord plugged in into the N8, On board memory is 16gb, compared to that of 8gb. AMOLED SCREEN is quite expensive, u could easily get a TFT 3.5in screen with 2 to 3k and the clearblack layer will be placed on it. but if u break an AMOLED.... chai, congratulations... that is one thing that makes the phone stands out, watching movies is just too awsome on AMOLED. Lastly, the CAMERA, that one we don know am already so the phone is worth the cost.

G S II, iphone 4s and N8.. definitely ios is out of the play for me cos i will stick to 701 than to an iphone, GS ii + android is a superb choice but i am quite better with a symbian device, anyday anytime

Trust me bro, the speed difference is not the way u imagine, assuming N8 was that slow, i for don throw am away long time ago cos u just dont hate lagging devices as much as i do. assuming u are in a store, u wont be able to dictate the speed difference between both device, assuming we could meet, the previous and current symbian/Nokia OS isnt that huge enough yet to choose devices because of RAM, a 128MB RAM device will run BELLE successfully while a 1GB Android OS device with just single core will still lag just because the OS is built exactly with all the core support from their PC running OS LINUX, so u can clearly compare Android OS with a PC's utilisation of RAM and processors, but Symbian still follows the same pattern from the early s40 devices, just UI polishing and latest improvements in-vogue which i prefer. An HD game android game could use up to 600MB of RAM and all mutitasking is paused while a symbian will run an HD GAME with less than 50MB and still multi task perfectly. but without being one sided, u can do more on 701 more than N8, for instance, opening 3 strong HD Games like Asphalt 6, Assasins creed and Eternal Legacy at a time and then trying to run nokia maps will lag an N8, which hardly happens in 701 so u get , but power savings mode will put some background running apps to hold though.

12mp and 8mp are just megapixel sizes, what counts more to me is.. how good is the Lens shutter, how strong is the mechanism, how good is the flash and how awesome is the production.. professional movies and musical videos are shot with N8's camera (Olive, The Commuter etc)

The truth is, u can never think of letting go an N8 with a 701, but when u think of the future just like OGIDI-OLU mentioned, 701 is also a bomb, NFC, fp1 updates. Jedisco have u had people asking u what NFC meant in your neighbourhood when u ask them to SEND U FILES VIA NFC? sometimes i laugh at the answers i get.. most people with 701 will say they dont have money to subscribe for NFC so they are yet to use it..lol. its one future tech that everyone will embrace soon enough and even the next Nokia OS might be just a huge one like that of its brother (Android) and N8's 256Mb RAM and processor might not be able to handle it. but for now i think N8 still worths it and u can neva regret spendin extra cash for it.. Even for the fact that the firmware is tweakable makes it my most favourite phone of all time for now , dunno the future yet though. hehehe. but to be candid.. i luv both devices, they are both my babies at the moment. lol.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
sylve11: @ Temmy, do u think Nokia N900 is a good device compare to the Nokia N8 and 701? I am planning to buy the Nokia N900. Heard u can run multiple OS on it including Android OS cool cool cool cool

N900 is my most favourite nokia when it comes to features relating to pocket pc.. that device na wizard o. lol. also its browser is my favourite till date but its weakness is JAVA support and u wont really enjoy MEAMO OS like SYMBIAN. Symbian Apps, games, maps navigations are just awesome. Nokia (symbian) is still the king of all smartphone's Map navigators, though N900 has the old ovi maps but am sure u will like the upgraded nokia maps with voice navigation, and porting that into your n900 will corrupt the whole thing and u ll end up flashing your phone and downloading your old ovi again..
Android OS on n900.. hehehe. Its possible though according to some blogs and I wont really under estimate dat machine but I wont really go into that experiment with it cos the harware wont satisfy me in running the particular android version that I wanted and if u really miss somthin out, u will end up with a bricked phone. d device will die and run straight to heaven crying. lolzz..n900 is cool but if u joke with the firmware, repacking and reflashing Maemo based OS is very hard o (unlike symbian with phoenix) so stick wiith symbian or get android if u like it. no need of xperimentin o.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by omoboy08(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2012
Any one with a link to get dictionary for belle?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Nokia N8 BELLE CFW (custom firmware) users. nicesoni_ash released delight 3 version 5.2 two days ago. quite awesome, and now it is possible to change music metadata/tags plus other cool features. ll finish re-customising it to my own taste this week before flashing.. Keep N8-ing smiley
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by deols(f): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2012
oh oh. Dem arguments are lipsrsealed me was hoping for some apps o grin
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by wizsultan: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
Touch 9800 for sale
Free pouch

0706-859-7076

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by jedisco(m): 1:19am On Apr 04, 2012
@temmy
I think we've derailed this thread enough.

Firstly, About the features you listed, I would refer you to page 2 where I listed them as the 4 pros of N8 against 11 of 701. So I dont think I should repeat them.

Secondly, About the ram stuff, you should tell that to a complete novice. I think for a start you should handle a 128MB symbian device and compare it to a 1GB android device. You talk too much theory. Even windows phone which has a much better memory management than symbian hardly produce 268MB devices again. And please dont make it look like you have to push N8 to the extreme to notice its deficiencies. Its lagginess is very evident in many simple operations.

Thirdly, the mistake you're making is that you think you're the only one using N8. The phone is quite popular and even has a forum and like I told you (when you came up with your fm radio research), if you have truly handled the 701, then your opinion should not differ greatly from millions of N8 users around the world.

Lastly, I really like the way you magnify minute issues while pushing the major ones behind. I hope the AMOLED screen you are screaming about is not thesame with that found in C7 and 700 (which are both cheaper devices). Like I said earlier, tell that to novices.
I wonder how many people here have used or will ever use the HDMI output. Like I said, I would like to know how you prefer this to the processing power of 701 which is evident from startup to shutdown.

P.S I would like to know if you were serious about getting the screen of 701 for between 2k-3k. I may become your major supplier.
I thought we were done with this stuff.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by jedisco(m): 1:32am On Apr 04, 2012
deols: oh oh. Dem arguments are lipsrsealed me was hoping for some apps o grin

If you're looking for apps, then I think you should go to this site
www.nextwap.net
Its a wapsite, easy to navigate & with direct downloads so atleast you jump all these hosting sites delay tactics.
There are also other sites available.

For tweaks like fonts, theme effects, nice widgets e.t.c. But you have to be careful with what you install.
www.forum.symbian-developers.net/symbian3-modding/
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by sylve11: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
temmy.m3:

N900 is my most favourite nokia when it comes to features relating to pocket pc.. that device na wizard o. lol. also its browser is my favourite till date but its weakness is JAVA support and u wont really enjoy MEAMO OS like SYMBIAN. Symbian Apps, games, maps navigations are just awesome. Nokia (symbian) is still the king of all smartphone's Map navigators, though N900 has the old ovi maps but am sure u will like the upgraded nokia maps with voice navigation, and porting that into your n900 will corrupt the whole thing and u ll end up flashing your phone and downloading your old ovi again..
Android OS on n900.. hehehe. Its possible though according to some blogs and I wont really under estimate dat machine but I wont really go into that experiment with it cos the harware wont satisfy me in running the particular android version that I wanted and if u really miss somthin out, u will end up with a bricked phone. d device will die and run straight to heaven crying. lolzz..n900 is cool but if u joke with the firmware, repacking and reflashing Maemo based OS is very hard o (unlike symbian with phoenix) so stick wiith symbian or get android if u like it. no need of xperimentin o.

Thanks for your time replying my post.
To be honest, i'd like to buy that brick. . . .a friend of mine has it and he's doing 3 Os's on it (Android Gingerbread, Maemo, and Meego, according to him)but i don't know the magic behind it. i don't want to get that device fried as u'v clearly stated, but what's ur take on N8? I like computer related stuffs on a mobile phone device that's why i am considering laying my hands on that brick. cool cool cool
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
@JEDISCO

Seems u dont read and understand before reposting the same thing over and over again.. I was only pointing out why the N8 is much more expensive than 701 cos it seems you r only emphasising on the cam..

I wont be writing out all that for a novice and I expect a pro to know the exact difference on RAM ported on different devices with different OSes and why it was made so. Any Belle OS consumer who claims 256mb RAM was the cause of his or her Lagging device should be flogged. For real.

Let me point something out here bro, just because ur phone doesnt have HDMI, your TV doesnt support the connection or maybe u dont know much about its use doesn't make everyone so. A man with only infrared file transfer who doesnt know much or have never seen another man transferin files with bluetooth wont really bother about the other type of transfers.. So goes with all the pros I mentioned above, includin the Amoled screen of c7 and 700 that u mentioned..

WTH! Windows has a better memory management than symbian.. Holy mary mother of good Lord Jesus christ! .. when u'r saying this, how then do I expect u to know how much RAM a droid, symbian or even a windows phone consume right from core, bootdata or even from a boot accelerator?? God purnish some poor website blogs that puts some peoples knowledge in Jeopardy.

There is really no point in this argument, its obvious. Next time I should put more of "THE PHONE IS SLIM, IT HAS BIG SCREEN, IT HAS BIG FLASH" etc into my debates cos it seem I went too far.. lol. *sigh* Am out of the debate though. thinking of what to make NOKIA BELLE IS HERE a Worthy thread and not an argument galore.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by sylve11: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
Temmy pls see the post above u. . . . cool
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2012
sylve11:

Thanks for your time replying my post.
To be honest, i'd like to buy that brick. . . .a friend of mine has it and he's doing 3 Os's on it (Android Gingerbread, Maemo, and Meego, according to him)but i don't know the magic behind it. i don't want to get that device fried as u'v clearly stated, but what's ur take on N8? I like computer related stuffs on a mobile phone device that's why i am considering laying my hands on that brick. cool cool cool

U wont really like gingerbread update on n900 bro, even if u are successful portin it in and even making it a dual boot between maemo and android, u will make the operating system crawl and will stop working in areas where the second cpu core attention is needed and phone calls aint gonna be possible on android booting. N900 is good itself cos its maemo os made by linux, the same makers of android but I wont advice on getting it mainly because of adding one more os.

N8 is quite awesome, u cant go wrong with it.been using for over a year and no prob so far.. though it is almost becoming an old device model now, I also hav a fairly used 701 I got few wks ago. Most of all the new nokias will provide you with all the computer related stuffs you wanted, but they v all got their specific strong points. If u do lots of typing (chattin, writing a whole day nonstop) no nokia does that better than e7, multimedia creation and consumption (shootin perfect videos and images, watching movies either on the phone or tv which includes playing games) I give it to N8. Bright screen, RAM and PROCESSOR upgrade, 701 no doubt. Big screen plus perfect stereo speakers, I go with X7. Pocket pc related feature wizard,N900 no doubt. but u wont like maemo as much as Belle if if u love tweaking and xperimenting with your smartphone. for instance I use my own customised firmware which I tweaked with the help of delight firmware for n8. So everthing s changed right from startup screen and tone (i use windows 7's pc startup screen plus its sound with my name included in splash screen) I got most files, plugins and drivers from official belle, official anna, delight releases, some very useful old symbian phone functions, imported some android style screensaver functions plus some eye catching widgets leaked from 808 etc as well as the naija clock I got in this thread (thanks to the user who uploaded it), all included in the firmware.. So anyone who plays with the device will know it is specifically customised for me and to my own taste. lol.
It all depends on what u really want and how far u really wanna go with ur device. But u can as well wait for 808 pureview , a flagship device (like n8 in 2010) is worth waiting for as well bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

10-Year-Old Italian Girl Accidentally Kills Herself By Trying Tiktok Challenge / How To Install Obb Files Successfully, I Need Help / Airtel Unveils New Cheap Data Plans To Satisfy Consumers Growing Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.