Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,774 members, 7,969,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? (15785 Views)

Top 20 Most Stylish Nigerian Celebrities In 2015 [PICS] / Nigerian Celebrities In South Africa For AMAA 2015 (pics) / List Of Nigerian Celebrities In Illuminati? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Godogwu: 3:14am On May 15, 2012
Danigmatic: is acting not a productive venture?

its exactly people with your mindset that hinder the youths from venturing into these areas of professionalism
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 4:05am On May 15, 2012
rokiatu: Because even the adults ain't talented talk of children/teens. cheesy grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Esejojo: 5:48am On May 15, 2012
This particular thread, I believe, have set a NL record!

Reading through I discovered no one cursed or offered tribalistic rants. Kudos, NL is becoming quite mature.

To the topic at hand: There are quite a handful of kid celebs. Just that most do not continue in the trade that brought them to stardom. The few that continued pursuing the acting career somewhat have made a huge success of it. e.g Funke Akindele.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:20am On May 15, 2012
rokiatu: Because even the adults ain't talented talk of children/teens. cheesy grin cheesy

Says someone who's always gushing over Genny & Omo T. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 7:52am On May 15, 2012
I don't know why some people like to speak from both sides of their mouths. This is NL, home of the jobless. All contradictions and hypocrisies must be brought forward.

Esejojo: This particular thread, I believe, have set a NL record!

Reading through I discovered no one cursed or offered tribalistic rants. Kudos, NL is becoming quite mature.

To the topic at hand: There are quite a handful of kid celebs. Just that most do not continue in the trade that brought them to stardom. The few that continued pursuing the acting career somewhat have made a huge success of it. e.g Funke Akindele.

ITA!

Funke started from childhood? I had no clue.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by AjanleKoko: 9:22am On May 15, 2012
It will be difficult to produce child celebs in Nigeria, even though it happened in the past.
Somehow, the environment isn't child-friendly anymore. If you watch the movies, there are hardly any roles for children beyond just showing face as somebody's random kid, not meant to say anything at all, and not shown for more than 20 seconds.

In fact, Tinsel is the only Nigerian-produced work where you see any children or teens featuring as prominent characters. I guess maybe the scramble for pocket is making everybody forget about children, including Nollywood producers, writers, and directors.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by BashMe1(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2012
Aki & Pawpaw nko?
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by talk2dhanny: 10:04am On May 15, 2012
With 'top' nollywood stars stil acting high school roles, kids stand NO chance!
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 10:08am On May 15, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Says someone who's always gushing over Genny & Omo T. . .

Gushing over Genny and O mo T. Please stop joking. I am no huge fans of them, they are alright. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by smartdude1(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2012
but we have WIZKID, DAVIDO, SKALES, KIDA KUDZ, 2KRISS, LILMISS, YUNG6IX, PHENOM, MOCHEEDA, ETC...
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 15, 2012
smart-dude:
but we have WIZKID, DAVIDO, SKALES, KIDA KUDZ, 2KRISS, LILMISS, YUNG6IX, PHENOM, MOCHEEDA, ETC...

Smart-dude, since when does Nollywood encompass non-acting singers?
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nayah(f): 11:11am On May 15, 2012
Op maybe it's about Nollywood' mentality...having difficulty to take over because when you talkj about Nollywod it's always about the "same group of actors" (Genevieve, Omotola and so on) I truly believe that fresh blood would be efficient for this industry. Now we can not ofrce anybody to become an actor, but some producer should try to help young actors to emerge
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by adorebee(f): 11:20am On May 15, 2012
[b][/b][b][/b]Who said kids cant act?hellooooooo.....Pls do ur possible best and watch this film-'champions of our time'.(2011).the̶̲̥̅̊ lead role was taken by one genius of a girl(Treasure Obasi).I must peck d@ little girl anyday I meet her I swear!!!!.its a movie d@ projects the̶̲̥̅̊ life of the̶̲̥̅̊ physically challenged in our society.I believe they re plenty of her if they wld be given the̶̲̥̅̊ chance
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by exx(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2012
[size=8ptgrin grin ;DWE HAVE AKI AND PAWPAW NA AS OUR CHILDREN CELEBRITIES JOR ][/size]
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:49am On May 15, 2012
Esejojo: This particular thread, I believe, have set a NL record!

well said cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by shizzle11(m): 6:11pm On May 15, 2012
bright007: very correct!
I once watched å nigerian movie where d first scene was d birth of å child.in d next scene,they wrote 5 years later and I another child actor playing with friends,in d next scene,it was 30 years later and guess who I saw:Alex Usifo.

Damn! You can't be serious, Alex what O boy, lwkmd4h (poohs on my boxers)

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by cindyrella(f): 7:26pm On May 15, 2012
Agrika: Because they are busy preparing for JAMB and COMMON ENTRANCE exams

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
True talk
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by ispotmdels: 7:57pm On May 15, 2012
A very good question
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Kaypluz: 9:31pm On May 15, 2012
otooro: Just curious.

I've seen a lot adult celebrities like mercy johnson, genevieve, ramsey nuoah, aki and pawpaw etc, act roles where they were used as teenagers,

why don't we have children and teenage big names? undecided the last child/teen celebrity i can remember is Binta my daughter, Bobo Ajasco, Nnena and a few others.

unlike hollywood, where u have justin bieber, zac efron, ashley tisdale, selena gomez, miley cyrus and a host of others!!!!!

even in the music industry (and entertainment in general), we don't have much children/teenage stars!

why? undecided undecided undecided
bcs it will gt dem distracted
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 15, 2012
Kaypluz: bcs it will gt dem distracted

i disagree. . . besides, distract them from wat?
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by trudy01: 11:36pm On May 15, 2012
This is interesting and unfortunately true. It seems we are so focused on regimented successes that we give no though to actual intellectual development. Acting is not easy! Pretending to be sad/happy/etc etc in front of cameras and dozens of people who are not in the scene with you is tedious. Having kids who can pull this off must is a great thing which we dont experience often and when we do, do not celebrate.

A lot of parents dont want to expose their children to the ugliness of it, trust it can be ugly. Hollywood child stars are great to watch on TV but their private lives, if devoid of strong convictions are often messed up. This shouldnt stop anyone from going 'in' though because everything has a downside and we cant shy from life.

There is an avenue for this, although very new, that is trying to change that. check http://leightonville./ They have a platform for kids who can act/model and those who need such children. If you know of any talented children, be sure to let them know.

As with everything in Nigeria, people are skeptical about it although that is changing slowly.
It is an industry worth exploring only if we're willing to do the work. We have to work to teach the kids the art of acting and such, we also need to work to protect our kids from the dangers that could come with showbiz. So long as we're willing to work...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by oladayo042: 11:38am On May 16, 2012
I wonder why some people are saying "known faces sell" as a reason for this act. It's not as if the producers are told to cast kids alone in the movie naw! Just by featuring, support roles, and the likes, we can also have teenage celebrities.

I'm sure Sola Kosoko's sister is still a teenager.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by moneyspill(m): 11:48am On May 16, 2012
thats the setting of nigeria movie entertainment
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by TheMatrix3: 12:29pm On May 17, 2012
who be these pipu wey dey mention Aki and pawpaw? These are men for crying out loud! In the music industry, yea we got wizzkid and davido and co, but in the movie industry, we aint got anytin like Hannah Montana, or those wonderful kids in Wizards of waverly place and the suit life of zack and cody. Just none to really celebrate. #ReallyAppalling
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by vanstanzy(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2012
Ibanga p: What d f.uck's a celebrity

@Ibanga p

Its the name of a new sex style, u know like d.o.g.g.y style.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 22, 2012
The same people that call all actresses in Nollywood prostitutes will allow their daughters to venture into acting?

The same people that think actors are being abused anyhow, even by their fellow men, will allow their sons to venture into acting?
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
michelin89: The same people that call all actresses in Nollywood prostitutes will allow their daughters to venture into acting?

The same people that think actors are being abused anyhow, even by their fellow men, will allow their sons to venture into acting?

seriously? shocked
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by tpia5: 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
would be nice, @ topic.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by onlyme247: 12:02am On Jul 03, 2012
Aki and Paw-paw plays the role of kids in Home-video. how sad cryAki and Paw-paw plays the role of kids in Home-video. how sad
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
onlyme247: Aki and Paw-paw plays the role of kids in Home-video. how sad cryAki and Paw-paw plays the role of kids in Home-video. how sad

so very bad!
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Sunseeker: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2012
embarassedOccassionally you might see a kid sweeping a village compound on you see kids in Dark Dreary class rooms dressed in Oversized Polyester uniforms, or being patted on da head after welcoming guests before dey disappear into their rooms to study like Good Naija pikin..Seen but not heard. ANYBODY WATCHING FROM ABROAD WOULD THINK NAIJA KIDS DONT RUN ABOUT, LAUGHT AND PLAY ! ***TRAGIC !***yet in real Nigeria some are selling Pure water and pushing Wheel Barrows to help pay for school fee...NOLLYWOOD IS FANTASY....let's be fucking real !!! left][/left]
shizzle11:

Damn! You can't be serious, Alex what O boy, lwkmd4h (poohs on my boxers)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soft Opening Of Trend's Place Hotel To Hold With Sallah Feast At Airport Road / Charity Nnaji Visits Motherless Baby Home In Abuja / I Saw The Devil And He Had Black Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.