Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,142 members, 7,887,310 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

America, Home Of The Brave - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / America, Home Of The Brave (1221 Views)

Brave New World: Overhauling Igbo Grammar / Anambra Is Ancestral Home Of The Igalas / The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:39am On Feb 12, 2012
I have noticed a lot of Americans, and Nigerians living in America like to point out the worst of the worst in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. So, I decided to peep America to see how "perfect" it is. I was shocked when I saw some of these pics; and bare in mind that this Country is also $14trillion in the hole; which means everyone living there owes thrice what their GDP is. I'm not Nigerian, neither am I anti-American - I just love setting records straight and kicking arses, ya dig?

Poverty is everywhere, ya dig?

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:40am On Feb 12, 2012
Part 2
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:41am On Feb 12, 2012
part 2

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:41am On Feb 12, 2012
part 3

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:42am On Feb 12, 2012
part 4

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:43am On Feb 12, 2012
part 5
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:44am On Feb 12, 2012
part 5

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:45am On Feb 12, 2012
part 6

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 12:45am On Feb 12, 2012
part 7

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 12, 2012
Though I understand that it's your personal opinion but I disagree with your outlook on my adopted country.

These are not some lifted pictures from the web but from my own stock:

Last weekend on the water

The achievements of the USA internal and externally speaks for itself so I don't have to maximize it but not sure why you have to minimize it.
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 4:43am On Feb 12, 2012
More pictures
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 4:43am On Feb 12, 2012
more pictures

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 4:44am On Feb 12, 2012
more

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 4:45am On Feb 12, 2012
more
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 4:46am On Feb 12, 2012
more

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by bittyend(m): 4:47am On Feb 12, 2012
more

Re: America, Home Of The Brave by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
Federal Civil Servants Have Not Been Paid Their January,2012 Salary.why?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-869144.0.html
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by Zilja(f): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2012
bittyend:

I have noticed a lot of Americans, and Nigerians living in America like to point out the worst of the worst in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. So, I decided to peep America to see how "perfect" it is. I was shocked when I saw some of these pics; and bare in mind that this Country is also $14trillion in the hole; which means everyone living there owes thrice what their GDP is. I'm not Nigerian, neither am I anti-American - I just love setting records straight and kicking arses, ya dig?
Poverty is everywhere, ya dig?

You are right, poverty is everywhere but you seem to find pictures off the internet of Katerina victums and now you'll utilizing their most deepest moments to prove a point or poverty? No one is perfect, if it were so you wouldn't be on this board B!tchen about perfection in America.

Try to find a solution to the problem, if you don't have one the Shut-the-front-door.  Do some world traveling and present us with videos of your solutions.
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by dasparrow: 3:42am On Feb 13, 2012
Somorin#1:

Though I understand that it's your personal opinion but I disagree with your outlook on my adopted country.

These are not some lifted pictures from the web but from my own stock:

Last weekend on the water

The achievements of the USA internal and externally speaks for itself so I don't have to maximize it but not sure why you have to minimize it.

And how many 'minorities' live in those houses you posted? California is an expensive state to live in and the nice neighborhoods are inhabited by predominately white americans. So don't come here deceiving gullible Nigerians back home. It is Nigerians like you that drive cab day and night in America or do nursing assistant jobs (cleaning s.h.i.tty bu.tts) and then come back to Nigeria to pose fake 'big boy.' America is still feeling the lingering effects of the economic recession. Unemployment is still high and so many homes are going into foreclosure because peeps can't pay their mortgages. Everything in America is centered around debt and more debt. Take away their credit cards and loans and most americans and their residents will not be able to afford a decent life style or standard of living. Lastly, how many americans do you see defending Nigeria like you defend their country? funny enough, as long as you are a continental african, they will never see you as part of them. So 'adopt' them all you want, the average american will not adopt you in the literal sense of the word (apart from giving you their passport) nor respect you but rather ask you if you live on trees in Africa and if you have wild animals roaming free. Fact!
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by BuffaloSoldier(m): 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
Umm, please dont pass your comments as "facts" , I'm a American and I am from New Orleans, Its really LOW of you to use MY PEOPLE to justify your narrow minded view of my country, Have some respect for Katrina victims and not show us in our lowest moments please, America is HOME OF THE BRAVE, I can attest to that. Im a soldier in the Army, We have many brave men and women who show courage everyday, Whether we agree with the politics of it all, We fight, Also, she may not have posted pictures of "minorities" , But there are people who live VERY COMFORTABLY, I'm one of them, and Im DEBT FREE, We have issues like everyone else but there are still few countries out there that offer a better life, I know many black people who are successful and own their homes and cars, Again, no one is saying America is perfect because it is NOT, However, I wouldnt trade it for no other country on this Earth, Lets not start the pic posting of people in poverty because I can assure you that you wont win, and besides that its rather CLASSLESS, You have bad people ion every bunch, I know Africans, I serve with them, I would fight alongside them, They r from many countries in Africa but I look as them as brothers because they r soldiers, American Soldiers cool
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 14, 2012
dasparrow:

And[b] how many 'minorities' live in those houses you posted[/b]? California is an expensive state to live in and the nice neighborhoods are inhabited by predominately white americans. So don't come here deceiving gullible Nigerians back home. It is Nigerians like you that drive cab day and night in America or do nursing assistant jobs (cleaning s.h.i.tty bu.tts) and then come back to Nigeria to pose fake 'big boy.' America is still feeling the lingering effects of the economic recession. Unemployment is still high and so many homes are going into foreclosure because peeps can't pay their mortgages. Everything in America is centered around debt and more debt. Take away their credit cards and loans and most americans and their residents will not be able to afford a decent life style or standard of living. Lastly, how many americans do you see defending Nigeria like you defend their country? funny enough, as long as you are a continental african, they will never see you as part of them. So 'adopt' them all you want, the average american will not adopt you in the literal sense of the word (apart from giving you their passport) nor respect you but rather ask you if you live on trees in Africa and if you have wild animals roaming free. Fact!

You made many wild seemingly psychotic assumptions (I'm trained to recognize this quickly) so I will not bother replying verbose.

I will however mention that the bolded part was not part of the title.
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 14, 2012
BuffaloSoldier:

Umm, please dont pass your comments as "facts" , I'm a American and I am from New Orleans, Its really LOW of you to use MY PEOPLE to justify your narrow minded view of my country, Have some respect for Katrina victims and not show us in our lowest moments please, America is HOME OF THE BRAVE, I can attest to that. Im a soldier in the Army, We have many brave men and women who show courage everyday, Whether we agree with the politics of it all, We fight, Also, she may not have posted pictures of "minorities" , But there are people who live VERY COMFORTABLY, I'm one of them, and Im DEBT FREE, We have issues like everyone else but there are still few countries out there that offer a better life, I know many black people who are successful and own their homes and cars, Again, no one is saying America is perfect because it is NOT, However, I wouldnt trade it for no other country on this Earth, Lets not start the pic posting of people in poverty because I can assure you that you wont win, and besides that its rather CLASSLESS, You have bad people ion every bunch, I know Africans, I serve with them, I would fight alongside them, They r from many countries in Africa but I look as them as brothers because they r soldiers, American Soldiers cool

Very eloquently stated.

My Niece is a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine.

Thanks for the service.
Re: America, Home Of The Brave by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 14, 2012

Hopefully we will have more renewal of these types of collaborations.

(1) (Reply)

Niger-delta #back To Opobo Again / Bodunrin Olumegbon Cannot Become King Of Ajah- Ajah Community And Ruling Houses / Heavenly Anger On Lagos (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.