Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,637 members, 7,972,371 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:00 AM

Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. (24280 Views)

Buhari Declares Free Higher Education / Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano / CBN Donates ₦500M To University of Agriculture In Abeokuta (UNAAB) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by funshint(m): 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
Dats wat we're saying pple vote ACN, vote APGA; but no so many blind one's will opt 4 dat bloody PDP. See Imo nw, they're reaping d dividends of true democracy. God bless Rochas, God bless other progressives (ACN, APGA) in their effort 2 institutionalize true democracy in Nigeria!
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Ejine(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Rochas Okorocha has said it that he will beat sam mbakwe's record in Imo state.

But I don't agree with the  criteria for one to be qualified. He should extend the gesture to not just Imo indegenes but also to residents.

Yes, I know. But maybe he's just doing this for a start. Nso nso k'eji ala ofe di oku  wink

olabukola:

I tot he is from Imo State too

Okija is half-Anambra, half-Rivers.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
I wish Anambra can copy what Rochas is doing in Imo state and replicate it in Anambra. For Abia, we have to wait till 2015 because nothig positive seems to be entering the governor's brain.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by iykak47: 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
olabukola:

I tot he is from Imo State too
No he is from Rivers state, but he cries more than the bereaved.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Marlboro1: 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ Ejine

Okija is no were near Rivers State. You would have been right if you said near Imo State.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
This what av bin xpectin AKpabio of Akwa ibom to do, nt throwin around lots of moni esp in a social gathering nd churches.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Marlboro1: 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
Abia people made an error when they selected a convicted crook serving time in jail and still wanted by EFCC to govern them. That is why they say be careful what you ask for because you may end up getting that. He has no clue how to govern. I am hoping Abia people will give him the Ohakim treatment next time around.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Ejine(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
BTW, according to feelers, in the new IMSU site, preparations are being made for the introduction of Marine Engineering, which would also have offshoots like Underwater Welding.
Not bad, if you ask me.

We both know his ultimate goal is Aso Rock sha, and I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I wasn't rooting for him in my mind.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by ekwynwa: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2012
Congratulations to great Imo people, Rochas have done it again…, Compassionate man of the people the leader we can trust
To all those criticising this venture pls look for another thing to do … go back to your various states and hold your governors accountable for your woes
He must have done his home work before coming out with this policy………. free the man and let him do his thing
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Ejine(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
Marlboro1:

@ Ejine

Okija is no were near Rivers State. You would have been right if you said near Imo State.

Really? But I coulda sworn I read him say he was partly from Rivers once.
Ah well. . . Whatever, whatever.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by pazienza(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2012
Rochas again,this man is always on the news,anyway,this is a good move.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by bulksms247(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2012
Am proud to be an imolite.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Marlboro1: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ Ejine

Where are you getting yr message "BTW, according to feelers, in the new IMSU site, preparations are being made for the introduction of Marine Engineering, which would also have offshoots like Underwater Welding" from. As I understand the site is just being cleared and not much has been done there yet.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by iykak47: 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2012
Marlboro1:

Abia people made an error when they selected a convicted crook serving time in jail and still wanted by EFCC to govern them. That is why they say be careful what you ask for because you may end up getting that. He has no clue how to govern. I am hoping Abia people will give him the Ohakim treatment next time around.
Abia state governor is on his second and last tenure, the Abians missed the opportunity to give him Ohakim Ikiri treatment.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by rareman(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
Hope guys will permit my pessimistic mind here, the actions though laudable but I still prefer to wait till end of his tenure to praise him. Really I can't help but see the recurring effects on a positive side. Meaning u must people a good and responsible fellow in ur villages to gain recommendation from ur chief. But am still waiting, I've not been to imo state for a while now, but experience has taught me to becareful with politicians. Let's see how it pans out at the end of the day.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2012
Moving all my family to IMO state to claim residency. We are 27 in number and this will be extremely beneficial.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by silibaba: 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2012
am loving this cool cool cool
long live the people of imo state
long live the vibrant Governor Rochas okoronkwo
long live imo state
long live the federal republic of nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Marlboro1: 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ iykak47

Gosh darn it !!!!!! You mean 3 more years of corruption, lack of infrastructural improvement and lack of vision. Aba and rest of Abia, you are truely in trouble! You may need to consider a recall.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by mrperfect(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2012
Good one.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Ejine(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2012
Marlboro1:

@ Ejine

Where are you getting yr message "BTW, according to feelers, in the new IMSU site, preparations are being made for the introduction of Marine Engineering, which would also have offshoots like Underwater Welding" from. As I understand the site is just being cleared and not much has been done there yet.

Na for one of the ChannelsTV comments for the site I see am oh. That was a couple of days back. In the site, though, the area has been cleared to masterplan (ie. The outlines are now properly visible.
Another project I know that is currently going on, is the new 'Heartland Centre' building located at the Bank Road line, opposite Garden Park. The structure, they say, would contain office spaces, a parking lot and a shopping area (something like that). Make I browse for am first.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by bulksms247(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2012
Imo haters full here. Well sha we no dey complain cause we are enjoying rochas. Only people that gained from the ohakim scam in imo state won't be happy with this news. Hahahaha
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by chuksme(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Okija_juju , You are really JUJU,who does not like Good thing.If any person who does not like good thing and let good thing never come to that person.

Instead of congratulating this great man, you are there saying rubbish.How many Governors in Nigeria have done this.

[b]Rochas [/b]my governor carry on,Both spirits and human beings are behind you.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Marlboro1: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
@silibaba

It is Rochas Okorocha - not Okoronkwo. Thank you.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by dejust(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2012
While thanking and apreciating the governor, I congratulate the Imo children and urge them to join me in prayers for God to give him the capacity to do more.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by badesco(m): 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
I am not Igbo Man, but from day one i knew and i said that Gov. Rochas Okoracha is the best Governor the south east ever produced. He has since live to that billing. I pray that God Almighty continue to give him wisdom and understand to stir the ship of his state well. My prediction is that, Gov. Rochas will be elected for the second term unopposed, so shall it be IJN. Amen. Carry Go Okorocha my man.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Marlboro1: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2012
@badesco

Rochas said his is a recue mission. His plan is to be governor for only 4 years and ,
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by badesco(m): 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2012
I hope Gov. Fashola of Lagos State will copy from Gov.Rochas Okorocha. Despite Imo is not as rich as Lagos yet he could come out with a plan of free education at all level. Okorocha you are the best Governor in Nigeria.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2012
wel i will say good job, good intention, but i dont think that more university graduate is nigerians problem, nigeria already has morethan enough graduate without jobs roaming the street. I would have loved it if Mr. Rochas channel that money into building good vocational centers. Where the graduates and non graduates can go and acquire skills that are of use the economy of the state and that of the country at large, lets take China, Japan, South Korea and USA for example this are countries which are doing great economically, it is not because they have more graduate than other countries but because they have the skills to build cars, cell sphone, television etc. The people with this skills in this countries are over 98% not univesity graduates, we should please as a country try to deemphaisize this university degree thing and move to skill acquisition that is the only solutionto our problems now, good thing but i must say not what the people need now
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2012
Marlboro1:

Good job governor. It will be great if you can also build another university in Imo State to help absorb the hundreds of thousands of Igbo students -especially Imo who are not able to get into the few existing universities in the country. Now that Imo University is going to Ideator, it will be great to start another one in Owerri / Mbaise zone. The people will forever remember you and remain greatful for that.

By the way, why are the other governors of South East just looking at this guy with limited resources and experience instead of copying him? Why cant Peter Obi of Anambra and Theodore Orji who have been in office for long not able to replicate Rochas' massive infrastructural development and educational revolution? Why are they starting to look like real wasted opportunities?  

Ejiné:

While I commend the Imo state governor for this daring task, I hope we all use this opportunity to put Abia state in serious prayers.
The news I'm getting from my younger cousin regarding the state of affairs in that area is less than encouraging at the moment  cry

Hehehehe. grin grin shocked Una never start. By the time those two finish with una, una go hear nwiiii. Just grin and bear it for another three years plus, and pray there's something for the next Gov't to salvage.  Next time try and be at the vanguard of electing credible well-tested leaders for States in Alaigbo.

Rochas, carry go abeg!!! Well done!!!
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Reference(m): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2012
Hey, why manhandling Okija here. There are real and fundamental facts in what he is saying. He is not against the principle of free education. Indeed it is very commendable but the structure of the present educational system will not advance the bigger picture. I think when something is made free there has to be an objective, a pay back to government by way of development so its not the paper certificate that matters but courses and competencies that will distinguish Imo state.  That's what Okija is talking about and not castigating the principle.

On Rochas himself I think he is turning out to be one of the best leaders we have now. People should not be suspicious of his policies. Even if eventually some don't turn out as expected personally I will give him an A for ideas and effort. To guarantee success we must rally round and support him.

I can even venture a presidential shot in a few years down the line. You can imagine an alignment of current opposition with someone like Fashola as Vice. Hard to imagine now but six years is a life time of possible change in the world of politics.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by Mucokey(m): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2012
@okija juju
u must not 4get de wide agree saying dat non is perfect, bt i can infer near perfection in dis 'onwa' Rochas. Wat is darn wrong wit helpin ppl 2 get educated with ease? He sheds say some of hi frivolities jus 2 get dis far n ppl lik u cud not jus look beyond 'hatred' n pessimism n applaud a person lik Rochas n shame other seemingly imbecil in de kinds of T. A orji of my state,
If there can be a time of doing de wrong thing at de right time n generally accepted n needed, it's hia. Right n ride on 'Onwa' nigeria.
Re: Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. by fairchuks: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2012
i dont know what is wrong with all u rochas boys, rochas promised free uniform,sandals and 100 naira per sec. School student, uptill now he has not fulfilled any one,except 4 the 100 naira he paid once, now students are paying 1500 naira for waec registration in the state which he also promised to be free, please if ur not in imo, keep ur mouth shut, am tired of all this lies from rochas,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Namtira Bwala: Bullied Lead British School Student Speaks (Video) / Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria / Ayodeji Answered 10 Tough Maths Questions Within 60 Secs(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.