Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,593 members, 7,926,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 09:18 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9074302 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10318) (10319) (10320) (10321) (10322) (10323) (10324) ... (14308) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 30, 2021
Lana1:
Who needs a fridge when you've got ball playing center backs cool cool

Lmaoooo, cluelessness everywhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 30, 2021
nitrogen:

Forget wetin? We don paste am for the guy forehead. tongue
May una enjoy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2021
handelex:
Cluelessness bawo.

Repeat after me....
Ball. Playing. Center. Back.

Just look at those crisp touches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 6:50pm On May 30, 2021
Expert17:
During Mourinho's tenure, you never knew Glazers are the problem; you dragged the life out of Jose and even labeled his trophies IFA cup, Yorupa league, etc.

Suddenly, you remembered that the issue is from Glazers just to protect your MCM grin grin

When Nitrogen mentioned the idea of hiring and sacking, you dropped 1500 words to defend OLE and DNA approach

Ogbeni, summit another excuse
Lana1 and Leyqute are hypocrital cunts grin

15 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 30, 2021
KingAlabi:

It was very irritating to see.

If them glazer renew that contract after this season and he doesn't win the league or UCL, then I go comot mind from competing.
Let's hope for good TW first, so if it happens that he's sacked like Lampard, the incoming coach will have the necessary players to work his magic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 6:56pm On May 30, 2021
KingAlabi:
Na wa oh

Woke up and looked at the premier league table

The joy in my heart seeing this shekpites languishing in 9th place knows no bounds. cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 6:58pm On May 30, 2021
GlazersOut as if you have any money to buy the club. Yeye fans!

21 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2021
nitrogen:

Forget wetin? We don paste am for the guy forehead. tongue

Na you put yourself for wahala.

I still remember that night in Paris, the one in Moscow and the other one in Barcelona (even the ones at OT when those fvcking Brazilians Ronaldo n Kaka did us dirty) than the one when we won the Yuropa league. And I definitely won’t remember the rubbish Ole and his boys served last Wednesday years later.

Even if he’d won it, I won’t remember it nor hold it in any esteem. Cos I don’t count it as a trophy to be aspiring to. The league, the UCL and their exploits are the koko.

You can hang on to those memories tho. If that’s your preference.

And if you think you can shame me for preferring UCL exploits to Europa league exploits, that’s on you. It’s your problem.

As you see me so, I no send I no send you o *in 2Face’s voice’

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:04pm On May 30, 2021
Illimitable:

It’s tiring.

Ole has been steadying the ship for almost 3 years. You would think Man Utd has become the Titanic.

Solskjaer has lost more semifinals at United than it took Tuchel months to win the Champions League.

If that doesn’t make them think, nothing else would.

His approach won United 3 trophies. The best spell the club has had since Fergie retired.

His approach is what won Simeone a La Liga title, won Conte a Serie A title, won Galtier a Ligue 1 title.

Emery also tapped into that same approach to destroy Ole’s ultra modern, progressive, expansive attacking football last week.

There’s no one way to win a football game. There are many ways to skin a cat. Insinuating Jose’s football approach is obsolete and then cheering Conte or Simeone is hypocritical.

They all have the same philosophy.
I have no issues with Jose, it's just down to personal preferences...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 7:06pm On May 30, 2021
Lana1:

#Sack Ole
#Pogba Out
#More Utd Signings
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2021
Leyqute:

I still remember that night in Paris, the one in Moscow and the other one in Barcelona (even the ones at OT when those fvcking Brazilians Ronaldo n Kaka did us dirty) than the one when we won the Yuropa league. And I definitely won’t remember the rubbish Ole and his boys served last Wednesday years later.

Even if he’d won it, I won’t remember it nor hold it in any esteem. Cos I don’t count it as a trophy to be aspiring to. The league, the UCL and their exploits are the koko.

And if you think you can shame me for preferring UCL exploits to Europa league exploits, that’s on you. It’s your problem.

O
K

cool

cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2021
Leyqute:

Mourinho was the second most decorated manager when we signed him. You can’t say he wasn’t a top coach at that time.

LvG was not as highly sought after as Mourinho but he was no Moyes. You can’t just discredit them.

The problem here is that you are evaluating the two managers based on where they are in 2021 and not where they were in 2014 (when we hired LvG) and 2016 (when Mourinho came in). And that’s being unfair and hypocritical.

In 2014, they were better options but we opted for Van Gaal who is caught up in his philosophy and won't change because he is that stubborn...

Mourinho, was also not the best at that time, you can't take away all he has achieved but relative to when he took charge of Manchester United, he wasn't all that, he'll win you a couple of trophies and leave on a sour note. He started having issues at Madrid when for the first time, he had to work with players who were not happy sitting back, though he won a couple of trophies, you can't deny he should have done much better with that crop of superstars...

Nagelsmann, Tuchel, Pep, Klopp, Gasperini and a few others are in tune with the trending football...

Simeone might have won La Liga but I still don't want him here as well as Conte who won the Serie A...They're not bad options but their style of play is not appealing...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:14pm On May 30, 2021
handelex:
Let's hope for good TW first, so if it happens that he's sacked like Lampard, the incoming coach will have the necessary players to work his magic.
Well said.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:15pm On May 30, 2021
nitrogen:

O
K

cool

cheesy

You're wicked grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2021
KingAlabi:

Coaching a country doesn't necessarily mean you are finished at the highest level.

Julen lopetegui,
Luis Enrique (family reasons)
Hansi flick etc
Flick is good but can't be classed as a top coach same with Enrique...Lopetegui? The jury is out on him...

Flick and Enrique need to come back to club football and do it again at least 4-5 times, not necessarily winning the UCL but staying consistent and winning couple of domestic leagues. For Flick, the German league doesn't count, let him come to the EPL or go to Spain or Italy (Not Juventus)...I really don't rate coaches that win the Bundesliga with Bayern...

One reason I respect Fergie is that it is easy to reach the top but staying there is a different ball game. It's the same reason I rate Zidane highly...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2021
Bombblacks:

Baba stop drawing out scenarios from your head. Clubs pull out of deals all the time. Nothing different from this scenario. United pulled out of the Hazard deal because of the fees requested by both Lille and hazard agent like Ferguson already said. Case close
Same Fergie that had no qualms paying even more for players of lesser quality...Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:33pm On May 30, 2021
grin

Handelex my G.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:34pm On May 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
In 2014, they were better options but we opted for Van Gaal who is caught up in his philosophy and won't change because he is that stubborn...

Mourinho, was also not the best at that time, you can't take away all he has achieved but relative to when he took charge of Manchester United, he wasn't all that, he'll win you a couple of trophies and leave on a sour note. He started having issues at Madrid when for the first time, he had to work with players who were not happy sitting back, though he won a couple of trophies, you can't deny he should have done much better with that crop of superstars...

Nagelsmann, Tuchel, Pep, Klopp, Gasperini and a few others are in tune with the trending football...

Simeone might have won La Liga but I still don't want him here as well as Conte who won the Serie A...They're not bad options but their style of play is not appealing...

@bolded Thank you.

I still think the Mourinho move was desperation on the part of Ed and the Glazers. We wanted the league. And we wanted it quick. When after 2 years the guy that usually delivers the league title in his second year started asking for more players they turned a blind ear and a deaf eye.

What we need today is someone who is tactically sound and in tune with the current terrain.

We’ve got some quality in some areas of the pitch so we need just a few additions to get there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 7:34pm On May 30, 2021
handelex:
Blame the coach, his tactics is average. I saw this type of play when Lampard was still in charge.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2021
I love this. Sancho on the left wing next season is going to be fire grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2021
handelex:
E come be like say na we for here employ OGS and refused to sack him.... No be madness be that?
When fans ask the Glazers to sell, do there really think it's their opinion that counts or that of the Glazers?

Newcastle fans have tried and are now tired of insulting Mike Ashley...

It's only normal for fans to hold opinions whether in support or against a coach...Their opinions are most times not the deciding factor whether the coach is sacked or retained...

A section of Chelsea fans wanted Lampard out and it's not like Abramovich read their chat to decide for or otherwise...It's not madness, it's just people sharing their opinions...You said hell will be let loose if we fail to beat Villarreal but the same you is soft pedaling and even trying to shift the focus to the Glazers...

If someone has a go at you for saying it's down to madness when they complain about Ole you will start acting like you're being attacked...Stop it!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:38pm On May 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

You all thought Rudiger is a useless defender. You were mocking at Kante and thinking he is finished. Chilwell was looking like a flop, and chelsea was about finishing in midtable before Tuchel replaced Fat frank.
Luiz is calamity defender, Alonso is useless, Moses was a nobody, Pedro flopped in his first season, Matic was a bag of beans until Conte came and won the league with a team that finished 10th the previous season.

Doesnt it surprise you that Juventus were in the wildernesses and losing to Fulhams of this world in Europa until Conte came in and started the domination, lelt for Chelsea won the league at first attempt, went to Inter and stopped Juve domination. Allegri won Seria A with a washed up Milan Side, continued conte domination with Juve.
Apart from last season overflow of Juve power that Sarri won Seria A with Juve. Conte and Allegri were the only managers who have won seria A for the past 11 years.

I know this may surprise you, Benzema was almost binned as a flop until Mourinho came in 2010. If you like sign all the big players available without a proper manager, you are wasting your time
Spot on...

Lampard was on the verge of benching Azpi...He had already relegated Rudiger to the bench and elsewhere, Chilwell felt too comfortable until Tuchel came in and brought back Alonso, guess what? Chilwell stepped up his game...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
Leyqute:

It’s the childishness and lack of original, nuanced thoughts or perspectives to issues (and the humongous lack of ability/brain power to get those perspectives too) that is irritating.

It’s all black and white to these folks. Sack the coach and everything will be fine.

What about player acquisition? Wage structure? Competent coach replacement ? Etc. Or is it only coaches that brings about successes to teams?

It’s freaking annoying tbh. That fvking Ole took us out of UCL and lost the simple Yuropa league that he should have won and everyone is angry about that but this expert in idiocy thinks you’re holding brief for him because you are bringing up a perennial problem at the helm of affairs.

How someone can be so useless in every aspect is amazing. He should be in a cage in the zoo. The stupidest mosquito in the world.

Wage structure or player acquisition were not the reason United lost to Leicester(FA cup semis) or lost to Villareal(Europa final), Basaksehir(CL KO qualification).

Villareal have a budget lower than Crystal Palace and Ole scandalously lost to them. What the people are saying is that if United had sacked Ole earlier, at least Europa and FA cup could have been won by United this season.

All these near misses in cup competitions were because of Ole’s incompetence. The Glazers have their fault but they weren’t the ones that selected the team against Villareal or chose to introduce substitutions during extra time.

All that garbage was Ole’s doing.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2021
Lana1:

When I said most of our possession is at the back between our CBs, a lot of folks argued otherwise...WTF were those two guys doing there?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2021
I hope we get a difficult group again in the UCL.
They have no business playing in the competition if they cant beat the top teams and qualify from the group 2 years running.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2021
Expert17:
grin grin
The fraud just dey feed fat collecting salary he doesn't deserve...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
When I said most of our possession is at the back between our CBs, a lot of folks argued otherwise...WTF were those two guys doing there?
They were trying to play out from the back. We've seen them play like this so many times. But Villareal refused to come out.

Even if he fails, Maguire would ve passed it out regardless but those 2 clowns were ok having their own private training session at the back.

Also, where was our DM? That clip is 20 seconds long and not once did McTom show up to collect the ball and help out his defenders. Instead you'll always find him hiding behind opponents and avoiding the pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:58pm On May 30, 2021
Lana1:
They were trying to play out from the back. We've seen them play like this so many times. But Villareal refused to come out.

Even if he fails, Maguire would ve passed it out regardless but those 2 clowns were ok having their own private training session at the back.

Also, where was our DM? That clip is 20 seconds long and not once did McTom show up to collect the ball and help out his defenders. Instead you'll always find him hiding behind opponents and avoiding the pass.
I criticized McTominay here and someone replied me that he was one of our better performers, I swear that guy is bang average. At this point I think that position is even more a priority than the RWF position...

We need at least 3 quality players at RWF, DM and CB...We could do we either a world class CF or RWB...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 30, 2021
Manure when una topic go change? When una go stop to dawn on past glory?

Anyways, it's a Manure chumchin grin grin cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 8:04pm On May 30, 2021
eph12:

F12 is formula 12. F9 is failure. You be olodo

Thats what your brain foolishly processed just as it processed foolishly that City would beat Chelsea.

F12 na failure just like your team in Yuropa. Olodo.

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 8:09pm On May 30, 2021
Leyqute:

Who are you in the grand scheme of things?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 8:21pm On May 30, 2021
Is it true that this person has more Champions League titles than your club?

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10318) (10319) (10320) (10321) (10322) (10323) (10324) ... (14308) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.