Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,432 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8933544 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12680) (12681) (12682) (12683) (12684) (12685) (12686) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nostradamus1: 7:11am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

Nostradamus maybe you can see into the future but you obviously can’t see the past, grin

R9.
The parameters all fit Suarez except the Champions League. I didn't remember that he won it with Barca in 2014 season. In my mind, he joined Barca in 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:14am On Dec 20, 2022
Nostradamus1:
The parameters all fit Suarez except the Champions League. I didn't remember that he won it with Barca in 2014 season. In my mind, he joined Barca in 2015

Champions League parameter is key na. grin

And to be honest Suarez was a great player but you won’t see him in any serious greatest of all time debate. At least not a Top 10, a Top 20, or likely not even a Top 30.
So that one is excludes him as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nostradamus1: 7:15am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

Try this one.

Regarded as one of the greatest players of his era especially in his position and one of the hardest players probably of all time. He played 2 World Cup final matches for 2 different countries.

cc Everybody
I go with puskas. Na only him I remember out of the about 3 people that did it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:17am On Dec 20, 2022
Nostradamus1:
I go with puskas. Na only him I remember out of the about 3 people that did it.

What were the 2 countries that Puskas played World Cup final for?

Not the finals tournament but the final match itself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:25am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

Try this one.

Regarded as one of the greatest players of his era especially in his position and one of the hardest players probably of all time. He played 2 World Cup final matches for 2 different countries.

cc Everybody
Monti?
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:29am On Dec 20, 2022
akwesenana:

Monti?
grin

Bet with your 1 yr salary that you didn’t use google? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:32am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

Bet with your 1 yr salary that you didn’t use google? grin
Lol. When them no born me for Hitler time.
Ask another and I'll answer. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:39am On Dec 20, 2022
akwesenana:

Lol. When them no born me for Hitler time.
Ask another and I'll answer. cool

Now that you have started using google to answer I surrender to your superior knowledge. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:41am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

Now that you have started using google to answer I surrender to your superior knowledge. cry
How did you know he played those finals?
Did you watch him play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:54am On Dec 20, 2022
akwesenana:

How did you know he played those finals?
Did you watch him play?

I read a book about the World Cups when I was in secondary school. He was one of the most colourful characters in the book.
He once told his coach to drop him for a pending match because there was a player in the opposition team that he hated, and he was sure he was going to kill the opponent on the pitch.
His manager knowing the kind of person he was, dropped him from the match. grin

They called him Double Ancho (Double broad ) because it was nearly impossible to pass him in defensive midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibunkun1(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibunkun1(m): 8:28am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

I read a book about the World Cups when I was in secondary school. He was one of the most colourful characters in the book.
He once told his coach to drop him for a pending match because there was a player in the opposition team that he hated, and he was sure he was going to kill the opponent on the pitch.
His manager knowing the kind of person he was, dropped him from the match. grin

They called him Double Ancho (Double broad ) because it was nearly impossible to pass him in defensive midfield.

Wow! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 9:05am On Dec 20, 2022
Good morning to you if your goat is a World Cup winner

Good morning to you if your goat has reached the World Cup finals before

Good morning to you if your goat has won the World Cup golden ball twice

The rest of you should go and collect your good morning from mbappe transgender girlfriend

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

This is too simple.

R9.

He played for Barca and Real, is regarded as one of the GOATs, famously never won the Champs league, and is Brazilian.

This guy is the GOAT of world cup sha. He played 3 world cup final consecutively and won 2. The one he did not win sef, na apari kill the dream.

Delima na WORLD CUP GOAT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:20am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

Try this one.

cc Everybody

Di Stefano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:21am On Dec 20, 2022
If they don't want peace, give them vawulence...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:24am On Dec 20, 2022
Searchingvictor:

This guy is the GOAT of world cup sha. He played 3 world cup final consecutively and won 2. The one he did not win sef, na apari kill the dream.

Delima na WORLD CUP GOAT

He did not play a single minute in the first World Cup but was a member of the squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

Di Stefano

No. Di Stefano did not play in the World Cup, which is what hurts his GOAT credentials. Combination of bad luck and poor choices by him caused this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

No. Di Stefano did not play in the World Cup, which is what hurts his GOAT credentials. Combination of bad luck and poor choices by him caused this.

Probably Luis Monti then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 20, 2022
Penduists went from supporting Portugal, to supporting Netherlands, to supporting Croatia, to supporting France, now they are supporting Egg on IG.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:42am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

He did not play a single minute in the first World Cup but was a member of the squad.

Snrs dey team that time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 20, 2022
But why you go dey support egg?

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 9:43am On Dec 20, 2022
LostHisZeal be like;

FIFA instructed Kolo Muani seconds before this one on one chance to intentionally miss it so the game can enter penalties.

grin

17 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 20, 2022
What's happening?

It seems the next COPA America will be in the year 2025. The last one was held 2021, which makes it a 4- year interval.

However from 2015 to 2021, 4 different editions of COPA America was held....

2015- Hosted by Chile

2016- Hosted by United States

2019- Hosted by Brazil

2021- Hosted by Brazil.

Even AFCON has a standard time interval...

Why is all these so?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:50am On Dec 20, 2022
Borntosmoke:
What's happening?

It seems the next COPA America will be in the year 2025. The last one was held 2021, which makes it a 4- year interval.

However from 2015 to 2021, 4 different editions of COPA America was held....

2015- Hosted by Chile

2016- Hosted by United States

2019- Hosted by Brazil

2021- Hosted by Brazil.

Even AFCON has a standard time interval...

Why is all these so?
All part of the Graaaaaand Plaaaan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2022
Searchingvictor:

Snrs dey team that time.
Yeah the likes of Romario and his Nemesis cum friend, cum political rival Bebeto, R9 was about 17 then. But getting a call up at that age and at that time wasn't a small feat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Excallibur(m): 9:59am On Dec 20, 2022
Only two active players have played in five World cups without ever scoring or assisting in the knockout stages. Shame on you Guliarmo Ochoa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2022
Searchingvictor:

Snrs dey team that time.

Romario, Bebeto, Muller, Paulo Sergio. It was definitely seniority cos at that time he was already better than the last 2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nostradamus1: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2022
afrodoc2:

What were the 2 countries that Puskas played World Cup final for?

Not the finals tournament but the final match itself.
Spain and Hungary na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:05am On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

Probably Luis Monti then?

Yeah. Luis Monti.

Argentina 1930 and Italy 1934.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:05am On Dec 20, 2022
Nostradamus1:
Spain and Hungary na

He did not play a World Cup final match for Spain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afobear: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2022
KingTom:

All part of the Graaaaaand Plaaaan grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12680) (12681) (12682) (12683) (12684) (12685) (12686) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: patrickmuf(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.