Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,782 members, 7,915,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9017823 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13068) (13069) (13070) (13071) (13072) (13073) (13074) ... (14282) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2023
Leyqute:

I was advocating for this several pages ago. The good thing about Guimaraes is that he can play Casemiro’s role AND also complement him in a midfield partnership.

It’s just that Newcastle will never release him for Man United.
Reason why i said give them Old Trafford if need be 😁
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
odizeey:
We judge Bruno too much.
ETH has played him in some funny places this season.

The same thing was done to Pogba. I remember when Bruno came, Pogba became the black sheep. You go dey talks like "Pogba should keep it simple like Bruno". Now them don turn on Bruno. Why we dey always do like that sef?

Bruno has played 7, 11, now because Presserman no dey do him primary duties them don carry am enter Bruno position.
Presserman 😂
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Presserman 😂
cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
Leyqute:
Apparently, it’s okay to use your hand to stop the ball from reaching the other team’s striker these days.
This is not a penalty na.

I know say you dey vex, but calm down grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2023
Jodera:
This is not a penalty na.

I know say you dey vex, but calm down grin

Lol. You guys have had too many decisions go against you such that you can’t recognize handball again when you see it. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
Leyqute:

Lol. You guys have had too many decisions go against you such that you can’t recognize handball again when you see it. grin
Lol, I know say you go think say na hand, but this is the rule that was applied

when a player falls, and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body..... (The rules)

The question you'll ask is that, was that hand used as a support? was it extended laterally or vertically away from his body?
To me, from the game I watched, I think both answers are yes and no respectively!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
ChristineC:
well as straight forward as it looks, Ten Hag doesn't seem to trust these guys enough. if we've learnt anything about him, he'd rather wrap up a game before introducing players that need minutes. unfortunately for us so far, we haven't been able to kill off games early enough, so the likes of Iqbal, Mainoo, et al are stuck on the fringes. I agree that they should at least can get the FA Cup, and if they manage to pull us into the semis then we can revert to type.

the main players that are prone to fatigue now will be Bruno, Varane, Rashford and maybe Fred; Bruno and Rashford bring the most prone. I think the others have had their fair share of time out of the first eleven. the sad part is Bruno and Rashford can't afford to sit out games.
Only God knows what ETH sees that makes him not to trust some of these players in matches like these. He has done well to make us earn his trust though so it's fine. I believe for this season we're to make top 4. Hopefully he gets enough players to come in next transfer window so he can keep his players fresh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2023
odizeey:
We judge Bruno too much.
ETH has played him in some funny places this season.

The same thing was done to Pogba. I remember when Bruno came, Pogba became the black sheep. You go dey talks like "Pogba should keep it simple like Bruno". Now them don turn on Bruno. Why we dey always do like that sef?

Bruno has played 7, 11, now because Presserman no dey do him primary duties them don carry am enter Bruno position.
Nah Sancho play there today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2023
Jodera:
Lol, I know say you go think say na hand, but this is the rule that was applied

when a player falls, and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body..... (The rules)

The question you'll ask is that, was that hand used as a support? was it extended laterally or vertically away from his body?
To me, from the game I watched, I think both answers are yes and no respectively!!

Eye dey pain you cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Leyqute:

Eye dey pain you cheesy
Lol... Forget my eyes for now.

Did the Southampton player hands act as support or not? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2023
Jodera:

the supporting arm managed to give way after intercepting the cross to Weghorst. he stopped a potential goal scoring chance with his arm. it wasn't a careless fall, he was fully aware of the position of the ball. he was trying to use his body but misjudged the trajectory of the ball and stopped it with his arm in desperation. it wasn't as if it was a close or high pass, it was a very low cross and the ball travelled at least 7 yards to get there.
penalty all day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:06am On Mar 13, 2023
ChristineC:
the supporting arm managed to give way after intercepting the cross to Weghorst. he stopped a potential goal scoring chance with his arm. it wasn't a careless fall, he was fully aware of the position of the ball. he was trying to use his body but misjudged the trajectory of the ball and stopped it with his arm in desperation. it wasn't as if it was a close or high pass, it was a very low cross and the ball travelled at least 7 yards to get there.
penalty all day.

All he had to do was act as if it was accidental. Taylor intentionally swallowed the act hook, line, and sinker. So did the VAR- they didn't even bother to check it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:08am On Mar 13, 2023
Jodera:

Neither.

His hands intentionally blocked a sure goal.

Babanla penalty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:39am On Mar 13, 2023
Leyqute:

All he had to do was act as if it was accidental. Taylor intentionally swallowed the act hook, line, and sinker. So did the VAR- they didn't even bother to check it.
Taylor didn't swallow nothing. that guy is a criminal. he single handedly determines games. it's his mo.
the VAR also can be manipulated to show an angle that ensures a predetermined outcome.
the Casemiro first red is a classic example. the VAR angle showed a supposed violent grabbing of the neck, meanwhile another angle was a different thing entirely.
the Rashford penalty claim review on the VAR today showed a blatant dive, meanwhile another angle showed keeper knee to ankle contact.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:12am On Mar 13, 2023
nitrogen:

Holy cow! Case too should be calming down jare.

The ref that issued Casemiro his first red card was the VAR that also gave him his 2nd red card.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 5:33am On Mar 13, 2023
afrodoc2:

The ref that issued Casemiro his first red card was the VAR that also gave him his 2nd red card.
Hmmm... seriously?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Leyqute:

You didn't add the FA Cup game to the list. The ban affects all domestic games.

The fa cup game is VS Fulham
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:41am On Mar 13, 2023
ChristineC:
penalty all day.
He didn't stop a potential goalscoring chance. If that was a shot aimed at goal, I believe that would have been given as a penalty but it wasn't, Instead it was a pass or low cross.

The thing is, his hands was on the ground supporting his body when the cross came in, he only tried to adjust in the last minute After the ball had hit his hands. As long as the hands was on the floor supporting his body and it wasn't spread wide apart, and as long as the ball he stopped wasn't aimed on goal, then no ref would give that as a penalty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:43am On Mar 13, 2023
Leyqute:

Neither.

His hands intentionally blocked a sure goal
Babanla penalty.
Which sure goal? grin

Ball wey dey go meet Werghost? Abi Werghost don turn opponent's post?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:56am On Mar 13, 2023
eph12:

Nah Sancho play there today
Where?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ray07(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2023
Jodera:
Which sure goal? grin

Ball wey dey go meet Werghost? Abi Werghost don turn opponent's post?
Jodera no vex us o . . . Dat Taylor and Andre na demons in human flesh.

I have never seen a one sided officiating yesterday just like the one Chelsea went through in the hands of Barca.

united fans for plank the bastard ref for head. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2023
odizeey:

Where?
Bruno's position where you say dem carry presserman enter yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:03am On Mar 13, 2023
Ray07:
Jodera no vex us o . . . Dat Taylor and Andre na demons in human flesh.

I have never seen a one sided officiating yesterday just like the one Chelsea went through in the hands of Barca.

united fans for plank the bastard ref for head. angry
On a more serious note, I think the red was very harsh. A yellow card (for me) would have been the best bet especially since he got the ball very well before hitting him.

But you see that handball? Nahhh.
Not a Pk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:08am On Mar 13, 2023
Jodera:
He didn't stop a potential goalscoring chance. If that was a shot aimed at goal, I believe that would have been given as a penalty but it wasn't, Instead it was a pass or low cross.

The thing is, his hands was on the ground supporting his body when the cross came in, he only tried to adjust in the last minute After the ball had hit his hands. As long as the hands was on the floor supporting his body and it wasn't spread wide apart, and as long as the ball he stopped wasn't aimed on goal, then no ref would give that as a penalty
So player can now use this technique to defend abi?

Why are you saying it's not a goal chance? It's a chance not an attempt.

And that chance is a big chance. One on one situation.

No one should complain about referee decisions again sha.

The ref is always correct. Because hand go touch your team too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2023
eph12:

Bruno's position where you say dem carry presserman enter yesterday

Okay. Okay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ray07(m): 8:11am On Mar 13, 2023
Jodera:
On a more serious note, I think the red was very harsh. A yellow card (for me) would have been the best bet especially since he got the ball very well before hitting him.

But you see that handball? Nahhh.
Not a Pk.
Not pk abi . . . Arsenal turn would resurface again, you guys shouldn't complain o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:46am On Mar 13, 2023
odizeey:

So player can now use this technique to defend abi?

Why are you saying it's not a goal chance? It's a chance not an attempt.

And that chance is a big chance. One on one situation.

No one should complain about referee decisions again sha.

The ref is always correct. Because hand go touch your team too.
But, i showed you guys the rules na. Why are you all doing as if I'm the one that made it up grin

I didn't claim the ref is always right, reason why I didn't even agree with Casemiro red but you see that Pk, it's just the rules being followed.

Moreover, we're talking about goalbound ball. That wasn't a goalbound ball cos it was a pass
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:49am On Mar 13, 2023
Ray07:
Not pk abi . . . Arsenal turn would resurface again, you guys shouldn't complain o.
Our turn don do taya na.
I complained for some but there's also some handball that I didn't complain either. Example is our handball situation against Newcastle (match we drew 0-0). They did handball but I didn't complain cos according to the rules, it wasn't
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ray07(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2023
Jodera:
Our turn don do taya na.
I complained for some but there's also some handball that I didn't complain either. Example is our handball situation against Newcastle (match we drew 0-0). They did handball but I didn't complain cos according to the rules, it wasn't
it would come again boss. No be EPL again cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2023
ChristineC:
Taylor didn't swallow nothing. that guy is a criminal. he single handedly determines games. it's his mo.
the VAR also can be manipulated to show an angle that ensures a predetermined outcome.
the Casemiro first red is a classic example. the VAR angle showed a supposed violent grabbing of the neck, meanwhile another angle was a different thing entirely.
the Rashford penalty claim review on the VAR today showed a blatant dive, meanwhile another angle showed keeper knee to ankle contact.

You’re making my point for me.

That Taylor refused to make the right calls which favored us doesn’t mean the opponents didn’t play along.

The guy Casemiro fouled was writhing in pains until the ref blowed the FK. He was already up and about by the time Taylor red carded Case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superfelix: 10:40am On Mar 13, 2023
so, a player can fall in his box without being pushed and use his hand to stop a goal scoring chance and not get punished.

who's making all these rules?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2023
ChristineC:
When Rashford scored offside goal and guided the ball until Bruno strike you guys were happy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13068) (13069) (13070) (13071) (13072) (13073) (13074) ... (14282) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.