Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,429 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:46 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8933520 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14060) (14061) (14062) (14063) (14064) (14065) (14066) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:40pm On Mar 12
Ballzproblem2:
Prem G/A by a 21-year-old or younger:

19 — Cole Palmer

17 — Højlund and Garnacho combined

👀👀

Remove penalty out of palmer goals, I want to check something!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:54pm On Mar 12
ChristoBam:

Would he had gotten the same power if he had gone to a Newcastle or Bayern?

Any manager would want that type of power. It's the dolts that gave it to him you should blame. I mentioned it here that time. How can you bring in a manager from Ajax that had no experience of bringing in talents and expect him to suddenly develop that ability?

Apart from that, Murtough's answer to missing out on De Jong was Casemiro. That says a lot. We probably would be in the same situation if Ten Hag wasn't given the power.

@bolded Then he would have shouldered less blame.

The fact that he asked for a veto on player transfers and then proceeded to use that power on useless buys like Antony, Mount and co, places a huge portion of the blame at his feet.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:47am On Mar 13
afrodoc2 please check your mail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:52am On Mar 13
ChristoBam:

Do you remember people used to tackle me seriously whenever I brought up injuries as an explanation to what was happening?

Everyone's now calmed down with that. They now kinda accept it. What do you think is the reason?

It's because they saw us get Martinez, Shaw back and then saw us actually start doing something. We had our biggest win all season just 2 games or so after we got Martinez back.
Injuries cannot be an explanation to what has been happening. We're not the only team having a lot of injuries. Currently the major injuries we have are Martinez, Shaw and Rasmus. Just 3 players. We still have Onana, Varane, Dalot, Casemiro, Bruno, Mainoo, Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Eriksen, McTom. Most smaller teams that play against us like we're the smaller team will wish to have these players in their team.

In Martinez last 10 games in all competitions, we won just 5. Out of these 5, only one was a comfortable win. Go and verify. Its important to note that the only top teams we played were Arsenal and Bayern, that's 2 matches out of 10.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 9:58am On Mar 13
Loserpool would play tomorrow and still somehow would manage to dominate us at OT even though we've had a full week of rest and "preparation"...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:00am On Mar 13
ChristoBam:

Do you remember people used to tackle me seriously whenever I brought up injuries as an explanation to what was happening?

Everyone's now calmed down with that. They now kinda accept it. What do you think is the reason?

It's because they saw us get Martinez, Shaw back and then saw us actually start doing something. We had our biggest win all season just 2 games or so after we got Martinez back. The problem is clear but people want someone punished for this terrible season. So they automatically go after the manager.

So we probably should be doing better in all aspects. But given the circumstances, I'm more lenient on the manager.
It is not like we have had to play only teams at the level of Man City so, this excise doesn't stand. Sheffield Utd, Luton, and Burnley went toe-to-toe against us and had us defending deep to preserve our lead. Our 3rd choice for each position will be automatic starters in the clubs I have just mentioned but no, we should still entertain the excuse of injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:07am On Mar 13
I keep forgetting Mason Mount is a United player. Complete waste of money.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dreamxhaser: 10:11am On Mar 13
MRTA7:
I keep forgetting Mason Mount is a United player. Complete waste of money.

I swear to God

I just dey forget the guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dreamxhaser: 10:12am On Mar 13
Imagine Arsenal, Barca and City all in UCL QF

Worst times to be a UTD fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:25am On Mar 13
ChristoBam:
Are people now saying they'd be happy if we were languishing in 12th but playing good footy and bossing possession stats.

I've watched enough Chelsea games to know this is a huge lie. In reality, results matters.

I can't look at that backline, then watch Casemiro, Mctominay and Bruno do their thing, then delude myself that the manager should be playing good footy while getting the results.

After 2 years, with 400m spent, we should have have a better squad, right? But mistakes were made. Good thing is we can step into the future confidently with this manager because we now have one of the best structures in Europe.

One reason I'm even super confident Ten Hag is staying is I've seen people go through managerial options and no one on the list is that special. Not one.

What is Chelsea's style that their fans should be happy with? In the first season of Pep and Klopp they didn't win anything klopp even finished like 8th which was even disappointing compared to the Brendan Rodgers who was before him but fans saw something in theor style of play and were patient with them

Same happened with Arteta, now we are seeing same with Emery and Ange

Will you say at the beginning of these projects they had better players or even ability to spend than Man utd?

Emery and Ange might end up in future seasons turn to flops but currently they are giving their fans hope with their style of play that this is a sustainable attacking style of play that fans enjoy not the suffering for 90mins parking the bus to hold on to a 1-0 lead from a 4th minute deflection every weekend that the likes of Conte were serving them. The fans at Arsenal/Villa/Spurs can even start dreaming that if they support their coaches wella and give him more money they might become the next Pep and Klopp

Like klopp and Arteta later broke records to sign Allison VVD and Declan

But you look at man utd, Chelsea you can't even see a coherent style despite the money spent

If you have 300m budget going to next season, will you trust it in the hands of Poch or ETH? I'm sure more than half of Arsenal Spurs and Villa fans would even if they don't win anything this season

That's what a defined play style get you

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:40am On Mar 13
Leyqute:

The bolded part sent me flying with laughter. And yet, he wanted to play attractive, possession football. grin

ETH bit more than he could chew. He miscalculated the size of the job big time.

Only you can’t be coach, agent, analytics guy, etc in this setting. You will just die.

But you are the one that keeps saying he wants to play attractive, possession football.

He has used his own mouth to say he doesn't plan to do that here

He has used his own player recruitment to kill that thinking in the mud

Why do you keep saying he wants to play attractive possession football when both what he says and do is screaming the opposite?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:47am On Mar 13
raumdeuter:

What is Chelsea's style that their fans should be happy with? In the first season of Pep and Klopp they didn't win anything klopp even finished like 8th which was even disappointing compared to the Brendan Rodgers who was before him but fans saw something in theor style of play and were patient with them

Same happened with Arteta, now we are seeing same with Emery and Ange

Will you say at the beginning of these projects they had better players or even ability to spend than Man utd?

Emery and Ange might end up in future seasons turn to flops but currently they are giving their fans hope with their style of play that this is a sustainable attacking style of play that fans enjoy not the suffering for 90mins parking the bus to hold on to a 1-0 lead from a 4th minute deflection every weekend that the likes of Conte were serving them. The fans at Arsenal/Villa/Spurs can even start dreaming that if they support their coaches wella and give him more money they might become the next Pep and Klopp

Like klopp and Arteta later broke records to sign Allison VVD and Declan

But you look at man utd, Chelsea you can't even see a coherent style despite the money spent

If you have 300m budget going to next season, will you trust it in the hands of Poch or ETH? I'm sure more than half of Arsenal Spurs and Villa fans would even if they don't win anything this season

That's what a defined play style get you

Thank you o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13
larride:

But you are the one that keeps saying he wants to play attractive, possession football.

He has used his own mouth to say he doesn't plan to do that here

He has used his own player recruitment to kill that thinking in the mud

Why do you keep saying he wants to play attractive possession football when both what he says and do is screaming the opposite?

The answer is simple:

He’s not as good as he thinks he is, especially in identifying talent.

We both know he can play attractive, possession football cos he did it for several years at Ajax.

However, the personnel at Ajax (where their identity is intrinsic with passing and making the right movements) is vastly different from what he met at United.

His arrogance, believing he could do the same thing here with a squad that can’t pass, is the problem. That he couldn’t identify the right talents and bring them in, compounds that problem.

The period where we “seemed” to have played good football last season was because we had a decent dose of techniqual footballers on the pitch (Casemiro, Varane, Martinez, Eriksen, Shaw). This season, all of those players are either injured or have lost their legs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:47pm On Mar 13
Leyqute:

The answer is simple:

He’s not as good as he thinks he is, especially in identifying talent.

We both know he can play attractive, possession football cos he did it for several years at Ajax.

However, the personnel at Ajax (where their identity is intrinsic with passing and making the right movements) is vastly different from what he met at United.

His arrogance, believing he could do the same thing here with a squad that can’t pass, is the problem. That he couldn’t identify the right talents and bring them in, compounds that problem.

The period where we “seemed” to have played good football last season was because we had a decent dose of techniqual footballers on the pitch (Casemiro, Varane, Martinez, Eriksen, Shaw). This season, all of those players are either injured or have lost their legs.

Again you are the one that's holding on to the illusion that ETH wants to play attractive possession based football here.

His words and action is saying otherwise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:20pm On Mar 13
afrodoc2 please check your mail abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:22pm On Mar 13
larride:

Again you are the one that's holding on to the illusion that ETH wants to play attractive possession based football here.

His words and action is saying otherwise.

Well, if you say so.

You're still the one that thinks we played attractive football last season when we had a certain group of players available and fit.

If you say so ooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WhoDeyHause: 4:32pm On Mar 13
Englishisamust:

Remove penalty out of palmer goals, I want to check something!!
Why should they remove it? Were you removing Fernandes penalties all those years you were trying to use him to drag shoulder with kdb?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 5:20pm On Mar 13
WhoDeyHause:

Why should they remove it? Were you removing Fernandes penalties all those years you were trying to use him to drag shoulder with kdb?

People for here really know how much I dislike that useless fernades talkless of comparing him with my best midfielder kdbgrin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 7:40pm On Mar 13
afrodoc2:

Facts is a universal language. cheesy
grin grin Factos 👍
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13
So Sancho get football brain like this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:25pm On Mar 13
Sancho grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 9:33pm On Mar 13
How did Inter become this sleek?

Very beautiful football ffs..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kizolo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 13
Every team in Europe dey press and cover space asap except United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:32pm On Mar 13
kizolo:
Every team in Europe dey press and cover space asap except United
Apparently it's because Martinez is injured

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:41am On Mar 14
eph12:

Apparently it's because Martinez is injured

😂😂😂😂

And Shaw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14
Messi won the street and the official world.

The top ten Most Marketable Athletes:

1. Lionel Messi
2. LeBron James
3. Alex Morgan
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo
5. Megan Rapinoe
6. Mikaela Shiffrin
7. Lewis Hamilton
8. Simone Biles
9. Kylian Mbappe
10. Max Verstappen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14
I'm not watching our match on Sunday though... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 9:16pm On Mar 14
hensben:
Messi won the street and the official world.

1. Lionel Messi
2. LeBron James
3. Alex Morgan
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo
5. Megan Rapinoe
6. Mikaela Shiffrin
7. Lewis Hamilton
8. Simone Biles
9. Kylian Mbappe
10. Max Verstappen.

Another media propaganda... No one can beat American media

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:35am On Mar 15
Jokerman:

Another media propaganda... No one can beat American media

Alex Morgan and Mikaela Shiffrin more marketable than Kylian Mbappe. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 3:23am On Mar 15
Jokerman:
Sancho grin

Where is this your guy?? yourworstwriter!!! grin grin. He be like say man u problem self don tired aaam!!! grin grin. He don give up😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 3:27am On Mar 15
Is it only me that believe that man u will somehow find a way to beat Liverpool Sunday??🤔

(1) (2) (3) ... (14060) (14061) (14062) (14063) (14064) (14065) (14066) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: JayromWrites and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.