Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,237 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8932595 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14210) (14211) (14212) (14213) (14214) (14215) (14216) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:26pm On Jun 12
raumdeuter:

Wetin happen to Tuchel Poch DeZerbi and Mckenna.

3 out of those 4 are failures..

MC Kenna was here before and failed with ole
De zerbi's Brighton wasn't as good as potter's Brighton.
Tunchel took Bayern to a trophy less season.
Poch was sacked in his first season.. and if not for Palmer they would have been 13th or 14th

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:44pm On Jun 12
Jamiuokolaa:

Word on the street is that Tuchel legit rejected us last weekend or so...

What baffles me the most is the proposed contract extension for ETH - shebi them for even wait till end of next season when his current deal expires.

Nawa

Hand of INEOS, voice of Glazers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12
Village people have gotten me...

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:15pm On Jun 12
Now it becoming clearer why the Glazers rooted for INEOS.

Hand of INEOS, voice of Glazers.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 9:38pm On Jun 12
raumdeuter:

Wetin happen to Tuchel Poch DeZerbi and Mckenna.

Make I no give you better curse we the coach u dey recommend for us. All of them are mids except tuchel!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:20pm On Jun 12
TrebleChamp:
This should be a clear message to him that the club does not rate him, make him improve him players selection nous, in-game management, playing style and other nous. He should select his starting 11 based on form and not favouritism.
Let him be playing. This is his final chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:20am On Jun 13
eph12:

Let him be playing. This is his final chance.

Person wey them wan give 2yrs contract extension. Dey play. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolla: 6:36am On Jun 13
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolla: 6:38am On Jun 13
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolla: 6:39am On Jun 13
Mirror.co.uk:

Jim Ratcliffe demanding Erik ten Hag immediately changes role despite staying at Man Utd

Manchester United have decided to keep Erik ten Hag as first-team manager following a lengthy review conducted by INEOS chiefs including Red Devils co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe.

Erik ten Hag is set for a battle of wills with Manchester United over the terms of his proposed new deal.

After confirming Ten Hag would be staying in charge following the conclusion of their end-of-season review, United revealed talks will open with their manager over a new contract.

Ten Hag has a year left on his current deal, with the option for a 12-month extension, but United will hold talks with his representatives about a new and improved agreement.

However, the sticking point with any new deal is likely to be the insistence from United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his team that Ten Hag's role be changed from manager to head coach.

Ratcliffe and his football operations team have built a new structure at the club, where recruitment of players is taken away from Ten Hag, who will instead focus on coaching the first-team squad, and handed to the football operations team.

Despite his relief at holding on to his job, Ten Hag could decide to push back on such a major change, which could ultimately scupper any hope of an agreement being reached on a new deal.

The 54-year-old Dutchman has long declared his belief that a manager must have total control if they are to be successful, a mantra shared by his most illustrious predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson.

After his appointment at United was confirmed, Ten Hag said he would not have taken the job had he not been granted full control of the transfer policy at Old Trafford.

I set requirements about how I want to work,” said Ten Hag. “If they aren't granted, I won't do it. I am ultimately responsible and accountable for results.

“I don't want to be the sole ruler, I stand for cooperation, but control of transfers is a condition for me.”

Part of the two-and-a-half week end of season review by Ratcliffe's football leaders team focused on player recruitment, with Ten Hag having overseen a £400million spend in two years.

While there have been some successes in his recruitment, notably the £45m spent on defender Lisandro Martinez, there have been some costly errors, in particular £85m flop Antony, while £60m signing Mason Mount spent most of last season injured.

Against that backdrop, the newly-installed United hierarchy are determined to control the recruitment side going forward, which could lead to major tensions with Ten Hag.

The Dutchman is known to have been angry at the lack of public backing from Ratcliffe when he took control of football operations back in February.

As part of his defence to stay in charge, Ten Hag presented United's hierarchy with stats sheets showing the full extent of the injury crisis last season, which meant he was forced to field more than 35 different defensive combinations.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-united-ten-hag-ratcliffe-33017993
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:38am On Jun 13
larride:

Person wey them wan give 2yrs contract extension. Dey play. grin
Doesn't stop anything. People get sacked with contract still remaining
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 8:05am On Jun 13
Good morning o

Gone fc

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:20am On Jun 13
YourBestWriter:
Good morning o

Gone fc
Patrick manutd fan cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:35am On Jun 13
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-united-ten-hag-ratcliffe-33017993

Despite his relief at holding on to his job, Ten Hag could decide to push back on such a major change, which could ultimately scupper any hope of an agreement being reached on a new deal.

The 54-year-old Dutchman has long declared his belief that a manager must have total control if they are to be successful, a mantra shared by his most illustrious predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson.

After his appointment at United was confirmed, Ten Hag said he would not have taken the job had he not been granted full control of the transfer policy at Old Trafford.

**I set requirements about how I want to work,” said Ten Hag. “If they aren't granted, I won't do it. I am ultimately responsible and accountable for results.

“I don't want to be the sole ruler, I stand for cooperation, but control of transfers is a condition for me.
”**

I now understand why he is been offered a new contract, Sir Jim want to strip him of powers he currently doesn't deserve to hold. I am sure the new deal with also include a lower payoff fee if he is sacked in future, which is inevitable....

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ijustwantto: 10:29am On Jun 13
Bro indirectly cooked someone without even mentioning names😭😹

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 5:35pm On Jun 13
So managers rejected united because of transfer budget and united had to stick with ETH and even offer him a better contract shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13
TrebleChamp:

**I set requirements about how I want to work,” said Ten Hag. “If they aren't granted, I won't do it. I am ultimately responsible and accountable for results.

“I don't want to be the sole ruler, I stand for cooperation, but control of transfers is a condition for me.
”**

I now understand why he is been offered a new contract, Sir Jim want to strip him of powers he currently doesn't deserve to hold. I am sure the new deal with also include a lower payoff fee if he is sacked in future, which is inevitable....
This is where he will get the sack. After wasting good money on Antony and Mount, he still wants to call the shots as far as transfers in and out of the club is concerned. He is a joker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13
So this new contract they said he was given hasn't been signed and concluded?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolla: 6:25pm On Jun 13
patrickmuf:
This is where he will get the sack. After wasting good money on Antony and Mount, he still wants to call the shots as far as transfers in and out of the club is concerned. He is a joker.

Wait o

So if DoF buy player and for whatever reason e flop, are you saying we should brace up for blame games?

DoF go talk say na coach no sabi use player wey him buy.

Coach go talk say DoF dey buy rubbish players

Wetin go happen? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13
Jamiuokolla:

Wait o

So if DoF buy player and for whatever reason e flop, are you saying we should brace up for blame games?

DoF go talk say na coach no sabi use player wey him buy.

Coach go talk say DoF dey buy rubbish players

Wetin go happen? grin
So, coach should keep buying players that will either flop or another coach will come and consider surplus to requirement?

I rather have the DoF sign players who are best fit for the pattern of play the club adopts so, if a coach fails to get the best of such players, the incoming coach will already meet players who are fit for purpose. So, all we need to do is get a coach whose methods fits our style rather than binning 5-6 players because a new coach comes with his own style and preferences...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 9:20pm On Jun 13
#TrashHagOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:36am On Jun 14
eph12:
You want to intervene?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:11am On Jun 14
eph12:
Reports says the new improved contract will make him just head coach of the First team, it would strip him of the current roles he hold at the Club. Whether he sign the contract or not, the club DoF and his team will be in charge of identifying and signing players next season, which may probably lead to clash of interest between the fraud and club management (maybe the next distraction excuse). Bald fraud have a choice to resign if he doesn't like the new arrangement....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 7:39am On Jun 14
TrebleChamp:
Reports says the new improved contract will make him just head coach of the First team, it would strip him of the current roles he hold at the Club. Whether he sign the contract or not, the club DoF and his team will be in charge of identifying and signing players next season, which may probably lead to clash of interest between the fraud and club management (maybe the next distraction excuse). Bald fraud have a choice to resign if he doesn't like the new arrangement....
Maybe am not getting sometin right. Why will Dof be in charge of recruiting players? That shud be the duty of a coach.Better still they can work together to achieve a common goal. Also lf ETH fuk up tomoro there will be no excuses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ijustwantto: 7:40am On Jun 14
"messi doesn't have international trophy fans" let's not forget my pidol now have 0 world cup knockout goals grin😹😹😹

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolla: 7:55am On Jun 14
patrickmuf:
So, coach should keep buying players that will either flop or another coach will come and consider surplus to requirement?

I rather have the DoF sign players who are best fit for the pattern of play the club adopts so, if a coach fails to get the best of such players, the incoming coach will already meet players who are fit for purpose. So, all we need to do is get a coach whose methods fits our style rather than binning 5-6 players because a new coach comes with his own style and preferences...

I understand but how would the issue of DoF getting Bums be addressed?

If the new DoF is also a lover of serial wánkers like Antony, wetin go happen? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 8:06am On Jun 14
So Pep might be getting Bruno Guimaraes from Newcastle 😕😕..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:34am On Jun 14
engrelvis:
Maybe am not getting sometin right. Why will Dof be in charge of recruiting players? That shud be the duty of a coach.Better still they can work together to achieve a common goal. Also lf ETH fuk up tomoro there will be no excuses.
The question should be "why not".?
Coach already have a lot of work on his hands normally, from tactics to strategizing to keeping the players motivated and focused. Adding recruitment process to his workload should be an enormous task for him.

What you should be looking at is that the coach should have a good working relationship with the technical director for things to go smoothly and fast. That's what successful teams do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:45am On Jun 14
Jamiuokolla:

I understand but how would the issue of DoF getting Bums be addressed?

If the new DoF is also a lover of serial wánkers like Antony, wetin go happen? grin
A good Dof will hardly get bums cos he'll have all the time to analyze and dissect the players they're watching, something a coach won't have on his hands.

Take example of Liverpool Dof. Klopp wanted Brandt(mostly because he knew him due to German things) when he wanted to buy an attacker to complement/complete their attack, their Dof (Edwards) noticed that with Klopps style of players Salah would be good and he pointed Salah to Klopp instead of Brandt as someone who will gel well into his system (both players were very young then) and since both coach and Dof were in very good working relationship and understanding, Salah was bought and the rest is history. Tho exceptions may be made for one or two players (for the coach) but mostly it's the dof responsibility to identify players that'll fit into system

Also Dof won't go all Transfer window wasting time on De Jong that will never come. Something Ten Haag did on his debut season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:56am On Jun 14
engrelvis:

Identification and recruitment of players is one of the primary roles of a DoF.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jamiuokolla: 9:27am On Jun 14
Jodera:
A good Dof will hardly get bums cos he'll have all the time to analyze and dissect the players they're watching, something a coach won't have on his hands.

Take example of Liverpool Dof. Klopp wanted Brandt(mostly because he knew him due to German things) when he wanted to buy an attacker to complement/complete their attack, their Dof (Edwards) noticed that with Klopps style of players Salah would be good and he pointed Salah to Klopp instead of Brandt as someone who will gel well into his system (both players were very young then) and since both coach and Dof were in very good working relationship and understanding, Salah was bought and the rest is history. Tho exceptions may be made for one or two players (for the coach) but mostly it's the dof responsibility to identify players that'll fit into system

Also Dof won't go all Transfer window wasting time on De Jong that will never come. Something Ten Haag did on his debut season

Unfortunately, this isn't what we are talking about in the UTD context...

If you check Patrick's post, he clearly stated that the DoF should sign players who are best fit for the pattern of play the club adopts... apparently for continuity and sustainability. In this regard it is the manager that has to "adapt", and not the other way round. With this, we can also assume that the DoF would literally be the one to also "pick" the coach that would be best suited to the club's football philosophy.

I actually agree that the DoF should identify and maybe recommend players to the manager....at least for a club that is still struggling to get back to its glory days...However, for the purpose of accountability, the gaffer's voice should still carry more weight -we all know who gets the heat when things go south
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:47am On Jun 14
Ellexy:
You want to intervene?
The contract will intervene by itself from what I hear. ETH is being stripped of some powers. Its very clear from his initial contract that he had full control over players acquisition. Sir J is saying no to that

(1) (2) (3) ... (14210) (14211) (14212) (14213) (14214) (14215) (14216) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.