Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,713 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8934190 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1931) (1932) (1933) (1934) (1935) (1936) (1937) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ocephraim(m): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
elampiro:

We went in for Mane before we pulled out of bid for Pedro. According to report, the Mane interest has been on since last week.

They must have their reasons. Gaal usually talk about a process. I guess that process involved in monitoring what is on ground and as well as what is to come. Every time they have been convinced they acted and brought out the money.

I like Pedro but I also have to see things from the manager's perspective.

Same Pedro LVG openly used as an example of exactly what Man Utd needs??

Who changes his mind about Pedro and goes for a Mane instead? How is Mane an upgrade on Young... or... "mata-on-that-wing"... LVG said we not buying unless what we getting is better that what we've got.

Unless they eventually get someone better than Lingard (+ his potential). Then this is one of those Fergie-esque transfer goofs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
elampiro:

Lingaard? Hmmm

Always shines in preseason but exposed once given an EPL game.

I will advise you let the transfer window close before you lament further.
nobody is lamenting ,we r all disappointed here.

How many matches hv lingard played in d first team? He deserves a chance this season at least ,alongside Pereira
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Keky:
Nihilist my Nigga.
See how many hours of ur life u must ve wasted to dig up a 7 year old article....all in the name of trolling because of a perpetual waste called Ramsey!! Bro u could have achieved more using all dat time in cleaning out Arsenal's dusty trophy cabinet...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
angry

This chairmans philosophy is beginning 2 look like a bloody scam 2 me! What kind of philosophy leads 2 consistent transfer_cock ups, ponderous, slow building back and sideways passing football? With creative players sacrificed 4 brute force types, and everyone always being forced 2 play out of position? I see a tragic season ahead 4 united if things remain the same oh? Give us "jogo bonito" and not this poor mans chelshite looking soccer I'm seeing! Ffs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
See how many hours of ur life u must ve wasted to dig up a 7 year old article....all in the name of trolling because of a perpetual waste called Ramsey!! Bro u could have achieved more using all dat time in cleaning out Arsenal's dusty trophy cabinet...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Keky:

Keky
Oh sorry o. Have u guys signed Vidal yet?? Wen is Benzema having his medicals??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ed has landed in Russia already ... where to next?

MAN UNITED IN TALKS WITH ALEKSANDR KOKORIN OF FC DYNAMO MOSCOW

“At the moment I’m working on a
transfer for Kokorin. His services have
interested Manchester United and
Tottenham. There is every reason to
believe that the player will be at one
of those clubs by August 31.
...Kokorin's agent

Grasping at straws like in 2013 eh Ed? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JigsawKillah(m): 10:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Keky
Oh sorry o. Have u guys signed Vidal yet?? Wen is Benzema having his medicals??

they are Ceching his files
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
You look around for person to quote, na that robot wey battery life remain one bar?
Bros you sef no try @ all!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JigsawKillah(m): 11:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
SailorXY:
You look around for person to quote, na that robot wey battery life remain one bar?

Keky grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
SailorXY:
@A40, Raumdeuter
What do you think of the reported £6.3m actual fee for Bastian Schweinsteiger? Happens I'm not that far off the mark, am I?
Reported by who?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Keky grin grin grin
All him comments na... Hmmm.... >sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
weedtaker:
Guardiola said pedro is a very good player and if perhaps he's a brazilian he would've been pedrodinho and some top teams wouldn't have been able to purchase him, okay o
but why din't pep sign pedro instead of going for douglas costa douglas costa publicly declared his love for mourinho and chelsea football if i'm not mistaken, but pep signed him, now pep is showering praise on pedro and mourinho signed him, (fishy grin)
why din't pep signed pedro all this while cause there's no doubt he would be the better option to replace the ageing ribery cause he's a right footed player and plays the same position under pep @barca that ribery is also playing under pep,
did pep loose interest cause he thinks or knows that pedro has lost it, or the barca board won't sanction the sale or he's just not interested Someone should share some light.
raumdeuter, A40 you guys are needed.
I don't know tomorrow but ka ma kuro ka ma jale Pedro's last great season was 2010/2011. The year of MVP (Messi,Villa,Pedro)

I wouldn't want Pedro anywhere near Bayern to be honest and the mixture of desperation and general lack of quality players in this window sparked this mini bidding war between Man U and Chelsea.

I was Costa's biggest critic but he is proving me wrong so far, let's see what happens with Pedro though Chelsea has proven to be a graveyard for wingers lately

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
A40:

Reported by who?
there used to be so much noise about a certain Draxler and he was once a 40m property... What happened to him? Nobody hears of him anymore. .. did he even go to the world cup?

Raumdeuter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
PietroRico:
there used to be so much noise about a certain Draxler and he was once a 40m property... What happened to him? Nobody hears of him anymore. .. did he even go to the world cup?

Raumdeuter
Draxler's career has been stalled by injuries. He has been very unfortunate. He was at the WC he came on vs Brazil

He is still so young, less than 22 and can still turn it around
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
A40:

Draxler's career has been stalled by injuries. He has been very unfortunate. He was at the WC he came on vs Brazil

He is still so young, less than 22 and can still turn it around
it's a pity..
Wasted talents are never good.. .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
A40:

I don't know tomorrow but ka ma kuro ka ma jale Pedro's last great season was 2010/2011. The year of MVP (Messi,Villa,Pedro)

I wouldn't want Pedro anywhere near Bayern to be honest and the mixture of desperation and general lack of quality players in this window sparked this mini bidding war between Man U and Chelsea.

I was Costa's biggest critic but he is proving me wrong so far, let's see what happens with Pedro though Chelsea has proven to be a graveyard for wingers lately
please explain that part...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 21, 2015
SailorXY:
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 21, 2015
bigkesh:
...... lipsrsealed
...... lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Keky:
Nihilist my Nigga.
We have won the league 3 times since then. Do you put any thought into your "trolling"?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2015
PietroRico:
it's a pity.. Wasted talents are never good.. .

Juventus wants the guy That na something
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:27am On Aug 21, 2015
parrotibaba:
I'm guessing this post is directed at me ,even if Pedro joined Juventus it will still be a blow to united ,this is a player we all thought was coming to united ,even the coach was praising the player as someone he needs in the team n then all of a sudden he joins Chelsea who if things work out well for united will be our rivals for the EPL trophy n d most disgraceful part of this business is that Ed was trying to play smart n failed woefully. This is not about if we were seriously interested in him we would hv paid in full,truth is we were n Pedro has already agreed to personal terms with us since last week so why the dilly dally? I will love to hear what LVG has to say about this in his pre match conference.

And yes he might flop like di maria but could also blossom like Sanchez
Ed didn't flop,we've been paying too much for players since baba left and Pedro is the right kind of player to not overpay for.
If things turned out differently for Chelsea last week he'll be with us now.
Pedro looks like a panic buy for Chelsea,
Wingers don't have a great track record at chelsea.
How good is this Mane ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:31am On Aug 21, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Ed didn't flop,we've been paying too much for players since baba left and Pedro is the right kind of player to not overpay for.
If things turned out differently for Chelsea last week he'll be with us now.
Pedro looks like a panic buy for Chelsea,
Wingers don't have a great track record at chelsea.
How good is this Mane ?
At 23 Mane has real pace to burn , I donno about creativity tho

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:36am On Aug 21, 2015
Mane's preferred position is on the left which is already filled up. We need a RW
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Let's be watchful again this time. Mane coming to Old Trafford ain't sure yet...

So that it wont be like Pedro and the likes links. Not unlike it's official, we shouldn't count our eggs bfr they're hatched.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2015
adebayo201:
Let's be watchful again this time. Mane coming to Old Trafford ain't sure yet...

So that it wont be like Pedro and the likes links. Not unlike it's official, we shouldn't count our eggs bfr they're hatched.

Nothing like counting our eggs before they are hatched. If you hear we're linked with a particular good player, it's normal to feel ecstatic. Pedro's case is a genuine transfer rumor that Gaal even confirmed, that's the reason some Man Utd fans felt disappointed. It's not like all those junk rumors about Man Utd buying CR7, Bale and Muller, etc. No Man Utd fan bothers himself about those kind of rumors, at least not me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:27am On Aug 21, 2015
sinizia:

Nothing like counting our eggs before they are hatched. If you hear we're linked with a particular good player, it's normal to feel ecstatic. Pedro's case is a genuine transfer rumor that Gaal even confirmed, that's the reason some Man Utd fans felt disappointed. It's not like all those junk rumors about Man Utd buying CR7, Bale and Muller, etc. No Man Utd fan bothers himself about those kind of rumors, at least not me.
I think it was confirmed there was actually a bid for Muller last week? I think SkySports reported something of that nature.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2015
chrisley024:
Mane's preferred position is on the left which is already filled up. We need a RW
He does anywhere in the final third & recently led the line this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2015
SailorXY:
He does anywhere in the final third & recently led the line this season.
Do you think Mane is an improvement over Mata on that right side ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:45am On Aug 21, 2015
SIRcumalot:

absolutely not ,bar his pace ,he's not better than lingard

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Nope technically.
What we need tho is pace to compliment technique/intelligent passing by the midfielders & from that angle, yes Mane will be a better fit.
However, I think same of Pereira & Januzaj if they can build up good body strength!
I don't know why we retained the services of Valencia TBH, the old Tony V could have made this team absolutely unstoppable!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1931) (1932) (1933) (1934) (1935) (1936) (1937) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: nitrogen(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.