Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8894673 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1928) (1929) (1930) (1931) (1932) (1933) (1934) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

grin grin grin grin
Ouuuccccch!!!!!!!

Coogar is a disgrace for predicting a football transfer in that manner, I guess that dude doesn't understand the complexity and dynamics of the football transfer market! cheesy

you are a tool!
there's no complexity or dynamics in paying a buy-out clause. for the price, even enyimba could have bought otamendi. this is why the deal has a buy-out clause. we didn't buy him cos we are no longer interested in him. even his agent said we never made any official bid for him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
weedtaker:
Thank god the pedro deal din't work out, i never fancied the guy, we're bigger than going for a bench warmer in a team we are richer than, if we can't get marco reus or greizman, we should just make use of our youngstars in the team, lingard januzaj pereira should be given the chance to perform, even wilson can do better at the right flank. I see no sense in signing a bench warmer like pedro while our youngstars are still waiting for their chance to get first team football, if we are not signing any of reus or greizman, we should then make use of our youngstars. As for Otamendi, gaal was never interested in him, i expect all the united faithfulls in this thread to know that, expecially when jones was given a new contract and when he said, his centre halfs pairing will be a left and a right footed player.
And please don't tell me the "pedro playing in a team with the best forward line crap", i won't buy that.
can you tell me any of your winger better than Pedro currently? Tell me any of your winger that make barca bench or first eleven?. Pedro has seen it all in football. Na painment dey make you write crap about Pedro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
weedtaker:
hey elphenomenal, if you can show me a post where i hailed or was excited about the prospect of pedro joining united, i'll SHUT THE FVCK UP as you instructed.
Elampiro, greizman is a brilliant player, and if we can splash 60mil for di maria, i see no reason why getting greizman for below £60mil would be a problem, though i'll love van gaal to make use of our youngstars this season, i'm certain one amongs januzaj perreira, lingard will suprise us this season.
how are you sure griezman will be a hit at OT huh na by big money, di Maria na example. Players na gamble this days. You think griezman can get first team shirt in barca or rues(injury prone) huh. I just dey laugh you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Who is this half baked jobless son of a pleb, roaming around my mention?

Do I know you, pvnk? Why don't you get ya pathetic and low self esteem life busy already.. .?

I thought you scumm got a thread.. You should be so ashamed of ya self... You here catching feelings on someone's else ish.. When you should worry more bout ya depleted and ambitionless club.

By the way, who gave a pig like you acess to the internet? Don't you ever in ya demented life quote me aqain.... Stvpid asșhōle

GOOFBall!
Stop goofing around on this thread, you know nothing..... Your brain cells are too weak to relate here or beyond! grin
Now listen to me, throw up and choke on it!
Pillock wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
weedtaker:
hey elphenomenal, if you can show me a post where i hailed or was excited about the prospect of pedro joining united, i'll SHUT THE FVCK UP as you instructed.
Elampiro, greizman is a brilliant player, and if we can splash 60mil for di maria, i see no reason why getting greizman for below £60mil would be a problem, though i'll love van gaal to make use of our youngstars this season, i'm certain one amongs januzaj perreira, lingard will suprise us this season.

Ok fair enough... I thought you were one of the ones gloating over him and then retracting because he is now destined somewhere else
My bad fam!

Griezman for just under 60 milli is a waste of time.... I am not sure he is the type you should be looking at.

The truth is, there is a dearth of players in this transfer market, worth splashing over the top for!

I actually think you guys have a good team... A top CB would have completed the jigsaw!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
elampiro:
We all thought we missed Clyne but look at the quality we brought in. Valencia would have benched Clyne.

Which Clyne? The same one that has been a beast for Liverpool?

Why do you people like deceiving yourselves like this?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nihilist:

tell them bro same Clyne bossing Liverpool RB in their last two games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
grin
Nihilist:

So if CLYNE has been a BEAST 4 liverpool what has DHARMAIN been 4 us so far?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

GOOFBall!
Stop goofing around on this thread, you know nothing..... Your brain cells are too weak to relate here or beyond! grin
Now listen to me, throw up and choke on it!
Pillock wink
It's just a pity you are a disgrace to ya lineage.. . Get tha fvck outta my mention boi

When I need a kid for bandy... I'll call u up, son

Fōol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
The Problem most of us have as fans is that we believe every single thing the papers and online media say regardless of where they are getting their own information from. I have no problem with the dithering as you lot call it coz it simply means things on the inside of the club do not quite work the way we might imagine. Although i thought Pedro would have been a good buy, i am not devastated by him not coming here. Even more so Otamendi who i suspect may be slightly overrated. Looking at how these transfer improve our rivals, we might discover that these moves might not have been genius after all.

Man City now have three top quality CB's....one of them will be relegated to the bench and will not be happy about it.
Chelsea now have one more attacker than they need, which means one one of Willian or Pedro is likely to see the bench a lot too.

The funny thing is, this means that by January or by the end of the season, a top CB (Probabaly Mangala) and a top attacking player (Probably Willian) will possibly be looking for a new club and at a cheap price. That could work out very well for United i should think. Case in point, Juan Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
coogar:

you are a tool!
there's no complexity or dynamics in paying a buy-out clause. for the price, even enyimba could have bought otamendi. this is why the deal has a buy-out clause. we didn't buy him cos we are no longer interested in him. even his agent said we never made any official bid for him.

I was only referring to your claims about a deal done when you know it is not as simple as that......
Things change quickly, and this is applicable to every facet of life... almost everything!
Wondering if you will try to get back at Chelsea by chasing Stones down the wire!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
SailorXY is Herrera's number 1 fan in this forum.

Looks like LVG is going to continue annoying you all season long . Here's his sound bite on why he plays Adnan at number 10.

“Because he gave signals in training that he is more and more confident, but also better. I like a second striker in that position (behind Rooney) more than a third midfielder.

That is why, for example, Herrera is not playing but is always coming on as a substitute, because he is more of a controlling midfielder there.

Adnan has eight starts last season, 14 as a substitute so saying he didn’t have any chances is not true in my opinion. He had to compete last season with 24 players, he is 20 years old. The characteristics of a young player is that he’s not consistent and he has to show that. Maybe he can show that this season. At a club like Manchester United you never have a guarantee in your XI – he knows that and all players know that”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
funlord:
grin

So if CLYNE has been a BEAST 4 liverpool what has DHARMAIN been 4 us so far?

Learn to understand the context of a statement before asking silly questions.

Go back and read Elampiro's initial post. Then read my response. Then go and lock yourself in a dark room and re-evaluate your life choices so far.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
It's just a pity you are a disgrace to ya lineage.. . Get tha fvck outta my mention boi
When I need a kid for bandy... I'll call u up, son
Fōol
I have told you to stop clogging the forum with the deadly ticks who have found a breeding ground in your pop's private area... We don't want none of that sh"t around here!
Stop it.... I will clamp hard and bang on you like African drums if you don't stop, a lot of the distinguished folks who visit the sports thread don't want no deadly ticks from your family!!
I mean it..... Stop faaacking about you vacuous troglodyte grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Congratulations to Man U! They have succeeded in giving Chelsea a psychological boost! Van gaal is a foool!
Instead of taking advantage of Chelsea's current problem, van gaal and co have foolishlyy helped them by allowing them to sign Pedro!

Now watch Chelsea dismantle West brom on Sunday!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

I have told you to stop clogging the forum with the deadly ticks who have found a breeding ground in your pop's private area... We don't want none of that sh"t around here!
Stop it.... I will clamp hard and bang on you like African drums if you don't stop, a lot of the distinguished folks who visit the sports thread don't want no deadly ticks from your family!!r
I mean it..... Stop faaacking about you vacuous troglodyte grin
You can't even make sense... Read what you just typed... Demented fōol... get busy with life. Stop trolling... Am done with you, scumm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
n0m0705:
I Don't really konw what we fans want, why should a team be buying and buying because they have the money? We have a team that is balance in every Department IMO , the only thing that is left is for the midfield to get their act together. The way our midfield played in the 2 league games will make even messi struggle as a no9. We have enough in our arsenal to contend for the league, lvg only needs to get the right selection in the middle.
U couldn't ve said this any better!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
coogar:

you have to write him off.....he's been rank poor.
it's now 9 competitive games since rooney scored for us. what sort of a striker is that? 1 away goal in the league in almost 18 months. the stats are very grim. rooney himself has admitted he is stinking up the whole joint. martin samuel, ian wright and ruud gullit have already given their verdict that rooney is a waste of space as a striker. gary neville is screaming his lungs out that united need an elite striker to compete. what other evidence do you need to realise rooney is finished?

Well, we can't say for sure, let's just chill and see how everything pans out at the end
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
You can't even make sense... Read what you just typed... Demented fōol... get busy with life. Stop trolling... Am done with you, scumm
Berra run!
I don't play when I am serious.... I decapitate and guillotine verbally!
I will murk you!!!
Dweeb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
grin
Nihilist:

Learn to understand the context of a statement before asking silly questions.

Go back and read Elampiro's initial post. Then read my response. Then go and lock yourself in a dark room and re-evaluate your life choices so far.

Who was asking you a question? Your bitterness must be as a result of either the "pedro debacle, previous disagreements with the elamp fellow or maybe some other deep rooted child hood based issues!" If you had had simply replied that "he has been a monster 4 us" or something along those lines would you have ejaculated? Or even from viewing my moniker you can't deduce what context i meant! Dude take your bitter, pained , over serious wanna be pundit ass and have several seats! Your intelligence is my gibberish!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
Man Utd fans no go kill person grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Ok fair enough... I thought you were one of the ones gloating over him and then retracting because he is now destined somewhere else
My bad fam!

Griezman for just under 60 milli is a waste of time.... I am not sure he is the type you should be looking at.

The truth is, there is a dearth of players in this transfer market, worth splashing over the top for!

I actually think you guys have a good team... A top CB would have completed the jigsaw!
yea, but it seems the manager is relaxed with the current crop of Centre halfs he has at his disposal,
i mentioned greizman cause he's a left footer who can play as no.10 and as right wing/forward and according to van gaal he's looking for a player with speed and creativity which you and i know very well that greizman fits the bill, every player is a gamble, greizman is still young, and is one of the games hottest prospect should incase greizman flops, just like di maria, we'll be able to get rid of him 4 a reasonable sum...
The man.utd nd chelsea wars over pedro never got me angry, i like him but i'm not in support of him coming to man.united, the only player a rival fan signed that got me squeezing ma face like a kid who mistakenly took alomo for Pepsi is alexis.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
funlord:
grin

[s]Who was asking you a question? Your bitterness must be as a result of either the "pedro debacle, previous disagreements with the elamp fellow or maybe some other deep rooted child hood based issues!" If you had had simply replied that "he has been a monster 4 us" or something along those lines would you have ejaculated? Or even from viewing my moniker you can't deduce what context i meant! Dude take your bitter, pained , over serious wanna be pundit ass and have several seats! Your intelligence is my gibberish![/s]

*Sips lukewarm ewedu*

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
Na sidon look I dey since, the sidon look don enter another gear!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
weedtaker:
yea, but it seems the manager is relaxed with the current crop of Centre halfs he has at his disposal,
i mentioned greizman cause he's a left footer who can play as no.10 and as right wing/forward and according to van gaal he's looking for a player with speed and creativity which you and i know very well that greizman fits the bill, every player is a gamble, greizman is still young, and is one of the games hottest prospect should incase greizman flops, just like di maria, we'll be able to get rid of him 4 a reasonable sum...
The man.utd nd chelsea wars over pedro never got me angry, i like him but i'm not in support of him coming to man.united, the only player a rival fan signed that got me squeezing ma face like a kid who mistakenly took pepsi for alomo is alexis.

LOL.... Alexis, a steal!! Let's hope he can build on last season's success.
The buyout clauses nowadays are ridiculous and the fees some players command is outrageous....... Makes it possible that we will keep seeing bigger clubs take a massive hit money wise when they have paid top dollars for players who now end up not fitting in or living up to expectations i.e. the 15m loss on Di Maria.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
Pedro Rodriguez...... Breaking the red devil and his demons heart since........................time immemorial

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
grin ITS OFFICIAL!
m.bbc.com/sport/football/34003373
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nihilist:

Ivanovic has been poor for Chelsea over 2 games would you call him poor?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

LOL.... Alexis, a steal!! Let's hope he can build on last season's success.
The buyout clauses nowadays are ridiculous and the fees some players command is outrageous....... Makes it possible that we will keep seeing bigger clubs take a massive hit money wise when they have paid top dollars for players who now end up not fitting in or living up to expectations i.e. the 15m loss on Di Maria.
Hoping Pedro will be a hit just like Alexis.....that guy is an absolute steal....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Hoping Pedro will be a hit just like Alexis.....that guy is an absolute steal....
Yep that one too.... Good deal!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ZUBY77(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
elampiro:

Luiz Van Gaal said he needed just a goalkeeper and an attacker. He closed any chance of signing a defender since two weeks ago. The need for a defender has been off Gaal's mind since and this conviction has been parlrticilarly reinforced with the compactness of our back four or five (if u add Sneinederlin).

The recruitment so far has fitted well and Gaal has been looking at the holes to fill from our games. Perhaps he has realized now Pedro will not be the perfect player to fill the gap(s) left opened in the team.

Why do I say this? Memphis was basically to play in the middle leaving the wing the areas to be filled with signings. Now it looks to me Memphis will play permanently in the wing while we look for someone who can play and cause lots of trouble in the middle.

I think Gaal doesn't like Mata to play in the middle, although an intelligent player but plays and constructs slowly. Since last season, Gaal has been looking to play people with speed in the middle. Januzaj, Di Maria, Memphis. Last week we lodged a bid for Mane which was only revealed this week. Mane plays fast and can cause a lot of problem in the wing, behind the striker and even on top.

Nobody knows exactly what these guys are doing, but I think they know why they do what they do. I am not one to distrust people overnight.

I like your analysis. It's very neat.
There is never any need signing Messi to be our goalkeeper, no matter how good he is.

Tactics is more of what you want someone to do for you.
Memphis has been permanently shifted to the wings.
Young is there.
Mata plays there too because he is not fast enough to play behind the strikers.
Januzaj can play in the wings too...
Valencia can play there too..
What exactly is Pedro coming to do again?
So Pedro all of a sudden, becomes a waste of money for us.
He is better off in Chelsea where Willian and Hazard has no backup since forever.

Mane suddenly became a better deal for us.
LvG is not stupid.

The only place I feel LvG must do something with urgency is the central striker area.
Rooney is now a suspect.
So if he gets Mane, he can replace Rooney sometimes in that position.. he is a fast player, backed up by Wilson and Chicarito.

Central Defence?
Otamendi was a bigger loss compared to Pedro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1928) (1929) (1930) (1931) (1932) (1933) (1934) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.