Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,647 members, 7,878,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8912920 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) ... (14228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:51am On Sep 06, 2015
chic2pimp:
The same dudes that are rating Drogba higher because of his Big games performances will be the same set of dudes foaming in the mouth when both Raudmeuter and A40 use the same yardstick in rating BoaTank higher than Terry
You're not making sense. Show me were boateng was man of the match in those finals he played. Drogba always rated as man of the match in almost every finals he played unlike Henry who don't even have known to point to apart from scoring goals in regular epl matches for arsenal. Drogba won awards in French league Henry had known, he was a flop at juve. Drogba don't just appear in big games for appearing sake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:35am On Sep 06, 2015
tess1:

That is not a small gap. So you want to tell me that Rooney never played as a Striker in the national team. Also, Rooney has a higher number of penalty opportunities than Owen.

That is a very small gap.

Rooney mostly played behind another striker. Owen was a striker, that is a big difference. Rooney behind Owen, Heskey, Crouch, Defoe, Carol, Sturridge, Welbeck, or even in the wing.

As for penalties, they have to be converted. Lampard is praised for converting 9, Rooney has only converted 5/5.

When you talk about penalties, you should always consider the players who won them. If a player won a penalty, that is an Assist, if the same player took the penalty and scored then he gets a full credit for the goal. Even weightier than a goal from open play where another provides the assist. Rooney has scored 5 penalties and he won two of them. I didn't see yesterday's game to know who won the penalty.

(1) 12 October 2012, 5-0 vs. San Marino, The National Stadium, Wembley, London
Wayne Rooney's 35th minute penalty is his first for England, after the San Marino goalkeeper brought down Danny Welbeck. Rooney duly despatched the ball past Simoncini.

(2) 2014-15
3 September 2014, 1-0 vs. Norway, The National Stadium, Wembley, London
New captain Wayne Rooney dispatched his powerful penalty after 68 minutes against Ørjan Nyland, after Omar Elabdellaoui outstretched reaching Raheem Sterling, but only brought him down.

(3)9 October 2014, 5-0 vs. San Marino, The National Stadium, Wembley, London
Wayne Rooney's powerful 43rd minute penalty against Aldo Simoncini was awarded after Andy Selva's high stretching feet kicked Rooney in the face, cutting his lip.

(4)15 November 2014, 3-1 vs. Slovenia, The National Stadium, Wembley, London
Wayne Rooney's powerful 59th minute equalising penalty against Samir Handonovic was awarded after Boštjan Cesar tripped Rooney as he was sprinting into the penalty area, only seconds after Slovenia had scored against England.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:16am On Sep 06, 2015
Since Rooney became captain, England has won all their competitive/qualifying matches 7/7. And has not lost a game. England is the only team with 100% win so far.

Rooney has scored 8 goals in 9 matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 6:02am On Sep 06, 2015
Epl titles drogba shits on henry, fa cup titles didier shits on henry, aerial prowess king didier, national team goals king didier, big games double d is the king, check out drogba's goals against barca in ucl or against madrid when he played for OM, LIVERPOOL WONT FORGET DIDIER, HENRY WAS A KING, DIDIER IS A KING. We are like lawyers, we use our facts in our own favour

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 6:05am On Sep 06, 2015
On this thread people shouted get dybala how is he doing with juve 2 games 0 point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 6:09am On Sep 06, 2015
when united were hot then we deployed 2 good strikers we can do same with fella with sir wazza upfront, let the newbies know this is united, chavs and gays have turned this thread to butt of jokes no thanks to the stubborn one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:04am On Sep 06, 2015
*Picks Up Mic*

I can see an iPhone 6plus wielding !diot who can't type correctly to save his life (Elpamiro n Adenla anyone?) sh!ting all over the thread. I can also see some Chelsea goats n an arrogant grandpa puking their intestines out in a bid to sound smart.

As good as Drogba was u can't compare him to Thierry Henry u pathetic SOBs. Henry was the perfect striker throughout his career, scored the goals, assisted a lot of goals n created a lot of chances for his teammates. I see some hairless apes yammering about how henry didn't score against big teams. So man united isn't a big team? Inter Milan? Juventus? Brazil? should I continue?. What has Drogba won for his national team? What has he done for his national team? nothing! The one time opportunity that came to him in a final, he blew it away. And a snuff box sniffing pig is comparing him to a world cup n European trophy winner. Some f00ls here are shouting about how many fa cups n leagues Drogba has but are forgetting that Henry's trophy cabinet is bigger than Drogba's so the trophy excuse is off the menu. I repeat Drogba is a great on his own level but do not for once compare him to one of the greatest strikers to ever grace the field of play u graveyard cretins. Even Drogba himself won't try that so why are some dunderheads here with their unimportant opinions disturbing this thread?. Thierry Henry sh!ts on Drogba! You can scream to the high heavens for Oluwa's support or better still find a stone n continuously hit ur head on it.

My advice to you c0ck-sucking sluts is to get a DVD of Thierry Henry's time at arsenal n watch a god play football.

*drops mic and walks out*

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 9:08am On Sep 06, 2015
hensben:
You're not making sense. Show me were boateng was man of the match in those finals he played. Drogba always rated as man of the match in almost every finals he played unlike Henry who don't even have known to point to apart from scoring goals in regular epl matches for arsenal. Drogba won awards in French league Henry had known, he was a flop at juve. Drogba don't just appear in big games for appearing sake.

I won't even go as far as to ask you to list the BIG Finals Terry was rated MOTM. I would be taking the piss if I did that. What I would ask you to do however is to list the number of Big Finals JT has put up a half decent showing?

I am pretty certain you never watched Henry at Juve(most people never did apart from Ardent Serie A fans ). Henry's problem had more to do with failing to settle in Italy rather than being a flop. I bet you never knew He had 2 coaches(with different ideas on what his best position was) in the 6 months He was with Juve. In His last 7-10 games, He actually did play well. If Drogba was judged by only his first season(Full not Half like Henry btw) with chelsea, He would also be considered a flop.

I am yet to see anyone rate Drogba over Henry apart from NL's Pseudo-Analysts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2015
Mourinholic:

None of us who deal with DAYO have been hear to say anything about Henry and big games ........

One or two of your commrades have been here to say exactly just that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2015
Odunharry:

true talk....Henry to me is better

Ofcourse He is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2015
chic2pimp:

I won't even go as far as to ask you to list the BIG Finals Terry was rated MOTM. I would be taking the piss if I did that. What I would ask you to do however is to list the number of Big Finals JT has put up a half decent showing?

I am pretty certain you never watched Henry at Juve(most people never did apart from Ardent Serie A fans ). Henry's problem had more to do with failing to settle in Italy rather than being a flop. I bet you never knew He had 2 coaches(with different ideas on what his best position was) in the 6 months He was with Juve. In His last 7-10 games, He actually did play well. If Drogba was judged by only his first season(Full not Half like Henry btw) with chelsea, He would also be considered a flop.

I am yet to see anyone rate Drogba over Henry apart from NL's Pseudo-Analysts.

God bless you o.... I still don't get the logic/reasoning behind comparing King Henry and Drogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2015
RooRuudRonSaha:
On this thread people shouted get dybala how is he doing with juve 2 games 0 point

Question 1: Is he a match starter?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:39am On Sep 06, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aly0W-eRfbw

Didier Drogba first Hat-trick With Montreal 4 vs Chicago 3

He make name everywhere he goes..What a legend!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:50am On Sep 06, 2015
olabode89:

God bless you o.... I still don't get the logic/reasoning behind comparing King Henry and Drogba.

henry is king of highbury(arsenal) while drogba is king of wembley(English national team home ground) and Stamford bridge. Do the Maths.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2015
angry
hensben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aly0W-eRfbw

Didier Drogba first Hat-trick With Montreal 4 vs Chicago 3

He make name everywhere he goes..What a legend!!!

Can you kindly take this your _faggot like love and appreciation of this has been striker to your alcohol tagged bus parking thread? No united fans here give a flying _fuck about your inconsequential videos as well as whatever useless point you may be trying to get across!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
When they call Chelsea fans m0r0ns they will start barking like dogs

Thierry henry hat trick against Montreal impact in 2012 while playing for the New York Red Bulls. Since someone brought the MLS to this discussion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=NG&hl=en-GB&v=WuQ7xdZ4Bko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
elampiro:

That is a very small gap.

Rooney mostly played behind another striker. Owen was a striker, that is a big difference. Rooney behind Owen, Heskey, Crouch, Defoe, Carol, Sturridge, Welbeck, or even in the wing.

Rooney has played mostly as a co-striker with those strikers you listed. Yes , he may have been played in some instances on the wings but he played mostly as a striker in the team.

As for penalties, they have to be converted. Lampard is praised for converting 9, Rooney has only converted 5/5.

When you talk about penalties, you should always consider the players who won them. If a player won a penalty, that is an Assist, if the same player took the penalty and scored then he gets a full credit for the goal. Even weightier than a goal from open play where another provides the assist. Rooney has scored 5 penalties and he won two of them. I didn't see yesterday's game to know who won the penalty.

Praised for converting penalties? He knows that there will always be consequences for losing penalties so he just have to make sure he converts them. Otherwise, the the responsibility will be taken off him.

Are you also telling me that Owen won only one penalty in his playing career as a striker? If no. Who took the penalties he won and that others won during that period? At least he played from 1998 to 2008. If he was also given the penalty responsibility, he too would have scored more goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
elampiro:
Since Rooney became captain, England has won all their competitive/qualifying matches 7/7. And has not lost a game. England is the only team with 100% win so far.

He has scored those goals as a striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
elampiro:

And we all know what happens to Rooney and England when the real tournament begins, don't we?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
Debroslink:

And we all know what happens to Rooney and England when the real tournament begins, don't we?

England has never been in this form. Anything can happen.

Holland, Germany, Italy and Spain always have this form in qualifiers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
tess1:

He has scored those goals as a striker

You are correct, but as one of two strikers. Probably the more withdrawn striker. Not as a lone striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
tess1:

Rooney has played mostly as a co-striker with those strikers you listed. Yes , he may have been played in some instances on the wings but he played mostly as a striker in the team.

Praised for converting penalties? He knows that there will always be consequences for losing penalties so he just have to make sure he converts them. Otherwise, the the responsibility will be taken off him.

Are you also telling me that Owen won only one penalty in his playing career as a striker? If no. Who took the penalties he won and that others won during that period? At least he played from 1998 to 2008. If he was also given the penalty responsibility, he too would have scored more goals.

He played as a support Striker in some, then as an attacking midfielder in some. Which is number 10 position.

Yes, Rooney deserves praise for winning and converting penalties. Against Switzerland he went past two men in the box before the third hacked him down. Then he scored.

Wether you like it or not, Rooney deserves praise for this achievement, especially for three lions, a team where it is hard to achieve plenty goals.

Rooney is said to be the 44th player in history to have reached this goal mark. Only Lineker has scored more tournament goals than Rooney for England, despite Rooney being not fit going to 2006 and 2010 world cups,Euro 2008 and 2012 tournaments. He has only been fit (injury free) going into two tournaments out of six

# Euro 2012. The issue was mainly suspension from first two matches, not necessarily lack of fitness from injury.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
elampiro:

I was always for Henry a zillion times better. But that last post by the guy behind this new moniker almost made me changed my mind.

don't change your mind......drogba has always played in a much better team than henry did in the EPL.
if you have a team as strong as chelsea's in the mid-2000s with an evil genius of a manager known as mourinho, then you would always score in a cup final. last week, SAF said he made so many decisions that has cost united plenty of titles. all those times SAF would leave the big guns on the bench and play rookies in cup finals are foolish decisions jose mourinho would never make. as far as jose is concerned, every match is worth winning----he doesn't downplay any competition.

Drogba has scored in virtually every final. Na Jaz? He is such a lucky guy on final days. I remember 2007 FA Cup final, we did very thing but only one moment of lost consecration and Drogba scored.

drogba & henry played the same number of league games in the EPL....henry scored 70 league goals more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheNonce:
angry

Can you kindly take this your _faggot like love and appreciation of this has been striker to your alcohol tagged bus parking thread? No united fans here give a flying _fuck about your inconsequential videos as well as whatever useless point you may be trying to get across!
Toothless dog, keep barking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
it's fair to say fellaini is the life-line of the belgian team.
another header scored last night.......hazard could only score an awoof penalty yet again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Got my mojo back cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
hensben:
Henry is 500000 times better than drogba? So drogba wasn't a beast right? Lol you guys don't even know how to be bias, you do it openly and I ask were is your football knowledge. #pathetic

drogba was a beast in his own right as well but beast pass beast......
when henry was at his prime and he had this rivalry with ruud, henry was untouchable. you need to see the kinda goals that dude was scoring for fun in the EPL. i will never forget his goal against united at highbury in that their invincible season. it was from 50 yards or so and the shot just flew straight into the net like a rocket. saha rescued united with a late equaliser......abeg, you couldn't touch henry then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
When I saw that Bias quote I just stopped bothering.
Man utd fans are u telling that "henry" who played for one of our fiercest rivals of that era is not only greater than drogba but is one of the finest striker the EPL has ever seen.
If anything we should be promoting RVN.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
coogar:
it's fair to say fellaini is the life-line of the belgian team.
another header scored last night.......hazard could only score an awoof penalty yet again.

How Fellaini manages to score everytme for Belgium is baffling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
elampiro:

How Fellaini manages to score everytme for Belgium is baffling.
Let's just say they know how to use him......
A team that has Hazard, de bruyne ,Mertens and co shouldnt be playing too direct, but it looks like its working for them...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hidden "Ikedia" Hazard stays Hidden at both club and national team level. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) ... (14228) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: RevFrEbuka(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.