Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,438 members, 7,961,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9179575 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:48pm On May 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Silva is a forward and with that same slight frame,

Mario Gotze has a similar build and is actually touted to be used by Pep as a False 9

It might also interest you that Kagawa is taller than the best striker in the world currently Messi

I believe Messi will be heavier on the scale. But there is a difference between being short and energetic and being short and slow.

I may be wrong, but Kagawa looks to be trying to adapt. That is like a 50-50 chance. He has a good foot work, but slow in my assessment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2013
elampiro:

I believe Messi will be heavier on the scale. But there is a difference between being short and energetic and being short and slow.

I may be wrong, but Kagawa looks to be trying to adapt. That is like a 50-50 chance. He has a good foot work, but slow in my assessment.

Find out Messis weight and compare with Kagawas weight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:56pm On May 21, 2013
dayokanu:
Find out Messis weight and compare with Kagawas weight

messi example is stretching it sef - how big is iniesta? which bully hasn't iniesta råped in europe in the last 7 years?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:03pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

messi example is stretching it sef - how big is iniesta? which bully hasn't iniesta råped in europe in the last 7 years?

Iniester 65kg, 5.7

Kagawa 61kg, 5.7 1/2 or 5.8

Messi 67kg, 5.7

I don't think they play same kind of football. Or may be I have not assessing Kagawa well. Till next seasonM SAF said he is sure Kagawa will be better because he would have adapted more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On May 21, 2013
The thought that players must be like huge like Robert Huth, Titus bramble and Kenwyne Jones is what makes some coaches get it wrong

Marko Reus was sold away from Dortmund because they taught he was too skinny, some years later they bought him back for 20m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:10pm On May 21, 2013
Another problem I have with Kagawa is his difficulties in winning 50-50 ball.s against opponents. JS Park had same challenge. Also, difficulties in shielding ball, though Kagawa is better than JS Park in this regard. Anderson is excellent in the ball fight and shielding it from opponents. Rooney shields best in my opinion, may be followed by Welbeck. RVP and Chicha struggle a bit in shielding the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:14pm On May 21, 2013
dayokanu: The thought that players must be like huge like Robert Huth, Titus bramble and Kenwyne Jones is what makes some coaches get it wrong

Marko Reus was sold away from Dortmund because they taught he was too skinny, some years later they bought him back for 20m

This isn't my point. I am looking at energy. For instance, Welbeck is somehow big, but he uses it as an advantage. He is not lazy about it. Giggs has always been slim, but he covered more KM than most players. I am referring to energy here, I think Kagawa doesn't have it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:17pm On May 21, 2013
elampiro:

This isn't my point. I am looking at energy. For instance, Welbeck is somehow big, but he uses it as an advantage. He is not lazy about it. Giggs has always been slim, but he covered more KM than most players. I am referring to energy here, I think Kagawa doesn't have it.

Thats just gra gra. Football is played with common sense and not energy.

Check Messi, Iniesta, Mata, Oscar, Ozil, Gotze, Reus, Gundogan,

Football is played with sense and not energy. Thats why the above named played would always be considered tops before any Energetic, Muscular, Antonio Valencia and co
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2013
Van Persie puts sensational goalscoring form down to new 'Mr Muscle' physique

By Graeme Yorke

PUBLISHED: 15:33, 10 February 2013
Robin van Persie has credited his sensational recent form for Manchester United to his new muscular physique.

The 29-year-old forward has scored 22 times in 28 matches since his £24m summer move from Arsenal and says he is now more able to compete physically with defenders.

The Dutchman was in the starting line-up for United as they took on Everton at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.

Mr Muscle! Robin van Persie credit his prolific goalscoring form to bulking up, saying it allows him to compete with physical defenders

He said: 'I am on a streak of matches and goals that has never happened to me before and it is all down to my fitness.

'My body weight used to be around 77 kilos. Now I weigh 81 kilos. That is a difference of more than eight pounds - and it is all pure muscle.

'I haven't been spending more time in the gym lifting weights. I have got myself super-fit and as a result I am both heavier and stronger.

'It means I am stronger in battles with defenders, but I also feel like I am in the best condition of my life.'

With United competing on three fronts - the Barclays Premier League, FA Cup and European Champions League - it is crucial their key players can handle the packed fixture schedule.

On fire: Van Persie has scored 22 goals in 28 matches since joining Man United from Arsenal in the summer

Recovery: The Dutchman says his additional weight and fitness has allowed him to play two games a week without any injury concerns

And Van Persie doesn't foresee any problem in that regard.

He said: 'I also recover faster. The week before last, I played on Wednesday and Saturday.

'There was only two-and-a-half days between the games, yet I felt super-fit and had no trouble doing extra work in the final part of the game.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2276505/Robin-van-Persie-credits-Manchester-United-goalscoring-form-muscular-physique.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26pm On May 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats just gra gra. Football is played with common sense and not energy.

Check Messi, Iniesta, Mata, Oscar, Ozil, Gotze, Reus, Gundogan,

Football is played with sense and not energy. Thats why the above named played would always be considered tops before any Energetic, Muscular, Antonio Valencia and co

Messi is number one energetic player. You think those dribbling runs and outpacing markers are on indomie? Once Messi has dribbled you, you can't catch him. His headers too. Same with Ronaldo, Di Maria and Ozil. They run faster than anyone. You need energy to control the ball and still out-run your markers.
Pele
Ronaldinho
Maradonna
Ronaldo Lima
Ronaldo
Messi

All energetic men.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 11:57pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

undecided

Your Serb God, Branislav Ivanovic says paga!!! angry

tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:01am On May 22, 2013
We all know sae kagawa na butty naw...in no strong @all..oscar strong pass him danudanu..anoda tin wey dey vex me 4 d guy be sae in no dey run @ defenders..he can't beat a defender 1 on 1..dat's y hazard,silva,gotze are all beta dan him..I hope he improves next season sha..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:01am On May 22, 2013
Fussbot: We all know sae kagawa na butty naw...in no strong @all..oscar strong pass him danudanu..anoda tin wey dey vex me 4 d guy be sae in no dey run @ defenders..he can't beat a defender 1 on 1..dat's y hazard,silva,gotze are all beta dan him..I hope he improves next season sha..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:00am On May 22, 2013
^^^ grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:09am On May 22, 2013
kagawa can be our own david silva. He just nids to get used to d tempo of d EPL. Unfortunately, as things r, wayne rooney appears to be d clog in d wheels of kagawa's progress. Ts unfortunate dt an under-performing playa wants to leave d great man utd, and some pple r still clamouring for him to stay, based on past glory. Too bad!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2013
dademola: kagawa can be our own david silva. He just nids to get used to d tempo of d EPL. Unfortunately, as things r, wayne rooney appears to be d clog in d wheels of kagawa's progress. Ts unfortunate dt an under-performing playa wants to leave d great man utd, and some pple r still clamouring for him to stay, based on past glory. Too bad!!

How is Wayne Rooney an under performing player? Rooney is one of our six best this season. Rooney is only under performing on his set standard, his average is still among the best in the EPL. You are talking of a player whose multiple role, 12 goals and 10 assist helped United to win the title. What did Silva and the rest win? We like to hate our own. The day Kagawa got a harick, if I remember well, Rooney had a hand in all of Kagawa's goals. I think Rooney gave two assists and was involved in the build up to the 3rd goal.

Most importantly, I don't see how Rooney affected Kagawa's progress. Rooney did not play in at least 11 matches, he also sacrificed that forward role o Kagawa in some matches they played together. Even if Rooney goes, Kagawa will still find it hard to break into the attack ahead of RVP, Chicharito, Welbeck, Nani and Young. What if there is a big signing coming?

So you believe Silva is more pivotal to team play than Rooney? And you supposed too he scores more or what? He plays along Toure and the rest, don't forget that too, yet they had to win on goals difference last year. This year, Rooney got two goals in Ethihad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NobiGod: 8:49am On May 22, 2013
I congratulate you guys for the league trophy. But you hire someone that hasn't won a trophy in his managerial career. He managed Everton for 11 years without a trophy, not even league cup or FA cup.

You guys think an old dog can learn new tricks? I don't see him finishing his contract.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:56am On May 22, 2013
NobiGod: I congratulate you guys for the league trophy. But you hire someone that hasn't won a trophy in his managerial career. He managed Everton for 11 years without a trophy, not even league cup or FA cup.

You guys think an old dog can learn new tricks? I don't see him finishing his contract.

but he would be managing world class players - let's face it any of us here can manage man utd. the key here is having the control of the dressing room to make players die on the pitch for the manager. united have not finished lower than 2nd in about 8 seasons - i don't see how moyes would perform worse with the calibre of players he's got. if he can build the hunger in the players to go out there and win games then united would be strong contenders!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:01am On May 22, 2013
This Rooney butt licking don too much. He has asked to be transferred twice, why must you keep someone hostage in 2013? Allow him swim, replace with someone willing to be Man United who is better @ the moment or has the potential to be in future! THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE abeg

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:06am On May 22, 2013
Honestly, I cannot come to terms how Rooney is so 'commonized'. When it comes to that last killer pass, Rooney and Giggs are the only two guys with same precision, accuracy, composure and intelligence. They know when it is to put it in the air or the ground and weather to curl it or bend it. They know exactly where or who their pull out (crossing) is to find. Some just shoot into the area,also some totally lack the pass of finishing sense. If Rooney does not have to go backward so deeply to join defence, he would have more goals and assists, and would be more of a threat. As I said, one season is not enough to write so badly about him, and I don't think he was so poor in the first place.

We are ready to be patient and rejuvenate Nani, Anderson and Valencia. But Rooney must die. Nani too has been holding the club to a ransom for a year now. SAF knew the value of these guys and doesn't want them to go.

All these players we are speculating, how are we sure they won't flop? There was a certain Cevsenko (is that the spelling?), Deko, Crespo, and even Tores, but the supposed finished Drogba kept taking them to the cleaners. Without RVP Rooney would be 20 goals plus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:07am On May 22, 2013
more kagawa moments.....

the rooney of 2007 would have scored from the kagawa lay-off!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 9:08am On May 22, 2013
montelik:

watin be dis bro?na only pictures I see o..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2013
SailorXY: This Rooney butt licking don too much. He has asked to be transferred twice, why must you keep someone hostage in 2013? Allow him swim, replace with someone willing to be Man United who is better @ the moment or has the potential to be in future! THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE abeg

Staying or going is not the only issue. But some guys here paint him as if he is the club's problem. All his positives are ignored.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:13am On May 22, 2013
Fussbot: watin be dis bro?na only pictures I see o..

you need a faster internet connection - that's kagawa beating defenders(something you claim he doesn't do).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NobiGod: 9:14am On May 22, 2013
coogar:
but he would be managing world class players - let's face it any of us here can manage man utd. the key here is having the control of the dressing room to make players die on the pitch for the manager. united have not finished lower than 2nd in about 8 seasons - i don't see how moyes would perform worse with the calibre of players he's got. if he can build the hunger in the players to go out there and win games then united would be strong contenders!

He managed quite some decent players at Everton and still couldn't win a trophy. Something lower table teams like Wigan,Portsmouth achieved with less gifted players. And the notion that 'anybody' can manage world class players is wrong.

well, only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2013
coogar: more kagawa moments.....

the rooney of 2007 would have scored from the kagawa lay-off!

Did we get the same value from Nani, Anderson and Evra as they did in 2008? No. Even Valencia has dropped form. No tree can make a forest. For anyone to get full concentration, he doesn't have to be running to defence every time.

But if Rooney wants to go, ok. If he can be stopped, that I want. When it is clear in the future we clearly have better guys, I will endorse his departure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2013
Kagawa can beat a man and he has a good foot work. But if he were to beat a last defender from a 35 yards, he won't be able to complete the race to the goalkeeper without being caught. Valencia, Nani, Welbeck, Rooney and Chicharito have this force to outpace markers completely.

Next season will tell more of Kagawa. From the report from his old club, it seems he can offer big.

Does anyone have stat of Germans who have performed and flop in EPL? I.e players from Bundesliga.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:38am On May 22, 2013
elampiro: Honestly, I cannot come to terms how Rooney is so 'commonized'. When it comes to that last killer pass, Rooney and Giggs are the only two guys with same precision, accuracy, composure and intelligence. They know when it is to put it in the air or the ground and weather to curl it or bend it. They know exactly where or who their pull out (crossing) is to find. Some just shoot into the area,also some totally lack the pass of finishing sense. If Rooney does not have to go backward so deeply to join defence, he would have more goals and assists, and would be more of a threat. As I said, one season is not enough to write so badly about him, and I don't think he was so poor in the first place.

We are ready to be patient and rejuvenate Nani, Anderson and Valencia. But Rooney must die. Nani too has been holding the club to a ransom for a year now. SAF knew the value of these guys and doesn't want them to go.

All these players we are speculating, how are we sure they won't flop? There was a certain Cevsenko (is that the spelling?), Deko, Crespo, and even Tores, but the supposed finished Drogba kept taking them to the cleaners. Without RVP Rooney would be 20 goals plus.
u talk of nani and co. Hw many of dem submitted a transfer request?? Even wen ronaldo(he was one of d top 3 playrs on d planet dt time oo) was yearning for a move to madrid, did he submit a transfer request?? Do u knw wot it means to submit a transfer request?? 2 within d last 3yrs for dt matter?? From a playa who appears to be past his best??haaa!! I feel insulted, as a man utd fan!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:05pm On May 22, 2013
Just heard Evra has started taking coaching badges, alonside Rio. It looks like SAF managed to convince all the older players to continue their careers into coaching. Rio, Patrice and Scholes always stated a preference to retire and be done with football.

All of the notable members of the class 92 have taken up coaching, except Becks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2013
dademola: u talk of nani and co. Hw many of dem submitted a transfer request?? Even wen ronaldo(he was one of d top 3 playrs on d planet dt time oo) was yearning for a move to madrid, did he submit a transfer request?? Do u knw wot it means to submit a transfer request?? 2 within d last 3yrs for dt matter?? From a playa who appears to be past his best??haaa!! I feel insulted, as a man utd fan!!

Some are already complaining I am stressing Rooney's case too much. So I quit.

But lastly, Rooney went humbly to SAF to request to be transferred. It was a conversation that I heard. If he was rude about it, SAF would have shipped him sharp sharp. The first time it happened I was glad he reconsidered, just as I would have been glad if Ronaldo had reconsidered then.

RVP may have performed best this season, but there matches he wasn't just felt yet it was Rooney who would be substituted even if he was playing better. SAF did not balance that aspect and humans read and react to things in different ways. RVP went on a ten match drought and missed glaring chances against Chelsea in FA cup, against Madrid and a host of others. I guess SAF wanted to encourage him so that his confidence wouldn't drop. It isn't a good thing for your highest scorer to lost confidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:45pm On May 22, 2013
[b]I never said them things: Manchester United's Wayne Rooney denies putting in official transfer request
New dad - new job? It looks highly unlikely Rooney will stay at Manchester United
PA
By John Cross  |  21 May 2013 22:30
Wayne Rooney fears he is being forced out of Manchester United and into exile as Paris Saint-Germain.

Rooney is adamant that he has NOT made an official transfer request, despite newly-retired manager Alex Ferguson publicly insisting that he HAD asked to leave the Old Trafford giants.

Rooney fears the United fans may struggle to forgive him and it now seems almost certain that the 27-year-old will leave this summer.

Big-spending French champions PSG head of the queue of interested clubs, although Monaco, Chelsea, Arsenal and even Manchester City are watching developments closely.

England striker Rooney had been hoping to start discussions about a new contract, yet United appear to be pulling the rug from under his feet - and that could force him out.

Ferguson dropped Rooney for United's biggest game of the season - the decisive second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie against Real Madrid.

Despite the denials, that episode made it clear that he could be on his way out.

Summer signing Robin van Persie has also eclipsed Rooney as United’s main man up front.

Fergie’s tough tactics may end up sparing his successor, David Moyes, the difficult task of having to justify the sale to fans, as the former manager would take the full blame.

The Mirror understands that Ferguson had even explored using Rooney as bait in an incredible player-plus-cash swap deal to bring Manchester City keeper Joe Hart to Old Trafford.

Ferguson is a big admirer of Hart and felt his unhappiness under Roberto Mancini gave him a chance of snatching him.

Hart is now happier at Eastlands and will stay on under boss-in-waiting Manuel Pellegrini following last week's decision to sack Mancini.

In contrast, Rooney, who celebrated the birth of son Klay on Tuesday, fears there is no way back for him at United.

He was alarmed to see Sky pundit Gary Neville - his England coach and a former United team-mate - laughing about him asking for a transfer while conducting a TV interview with Paul Scholes.

That has left him with the feeling there was a deep undercurrent and determination within the club to sell him.

Rooney has been left disappointed to see himself being accused of twice asking for a move in the past three years.

While he admits to having clear the air talks with Ferguson, as he sought assurances about his future, Rooney remains adamant that no formal transfer request was put in.

That is an official course of action in which the player puts his request in writing and waives his right to a pay-off - and Rooney maintains that has simply never happened, despite United public claims to the contrary.

And with that sort of backdrop, it is crystal clear that Rooney fears there is a clear agenda to move him on.[/b] http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-wayne-rooney-1902941
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 3:48pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

you need a faster internet connection - that's kagawa beating defenders(something you claim he doesn't do).
k bro..maybe I go later port 4rm dis glo noni grin

As sm1 hav said,he can't beat dem completely dey wil catch him..I meant dat..not dat he's gat no skills @all...next season dey sha..

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: humblesteve(m), kizolo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.