Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,284 members, 7,981,543 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 07:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9250636 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (14421) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 4:51pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4OSBOUzqQ

watch this dortmund side and see how we have been shortchanged by the liabilities in our team. this is how football should be played - we were like this until 2010 and the early parts of anderson/cleverley at the start of 2011/2012.
The person wey do that Anderson curse for you, e no go better for am. Since he came to United, Anderson has never been anything spectacular. He has had a handful of good games but has never being the answer to our midfield problems and he will never be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:09pm On May 22, 2013
mbulela:
The person wey do that Anderson curse for you, e no go better for am. Since he came to United, Anderson has never been anything spectacular. He has had a handful of good games but has never being the answer to our midfield problems and he will never be.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 22, 2013
mbulela:
abi o. Ando wey we suppose don sell teytey. He has been struggling for form and fitness ever since we bought him.dis is d 6th yr oo. Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2013
elampiro:

Some are already complaining I am stressing Rooney's case too much. So I quit.

But lastly, Rooney went humbly to SAF to request to be transferred. It was a conversation that I heard. If he was rude about it, SAF would have shipped him sharp sharp. The first time it happened I was glad he reconsidered, just as I would have been glad if Ronaldo had reconsidered then.

RVP may have performed best this season, but there matches he wasn't just felt yet it was Rooney who would be substituted even if he was playing better. SAF did not balance that aspect and humans read and react to things in different ways. RVP went on a ten match drought and missed glaring chances against Chelsea in FA cup, against Madrid and a host of others. I guess SAF wanted to encourage him so that his confidence wouldn't drop. It isn't a good thing for your highest scorer to lost confidence.

You have been fellating on Rooney's D/*@ for some time and have realised its getting boring and decide to quit. Even then you can't resist adding one last Rooney indulgence.

Does he pay your sch fees? Anyways most feel if Rooneys commitment is not top notch for the team then he can/should be allowed to go it won't change anything about UNITED.

He has apparently denied asking for a transfer OFFICIALLY but if you go to the Boss to talk about leaving then it would be measured against a number of things that would ultimately place the club first. It it fails those test then he would allowed to go, but if the club still needs him then everything would be done to keep him.

But pleas don't make it look as if if Rooney leaves, UNITED will suffer. Afterall other very influential players have left and UNITED is still UNITED.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 22, 2013
elampiro:

But lastly, Rooney went humbly to SAF to request to be transferred. It was a conversation that I heard. If he was rude about it, SAF would have shipped him sharp sharp. The first time it happened I was glad he reconsidered, just as I would have been glad if Ronaldo had reconsidered then.

RVP may have performed best this season, but there matches he wasn't just felt yet it was Rooney who would be substituted even if he was playing better. SAF did not balance that aspect and humans read and react to things in different ways. RVP went on a ten match drought and missed glaring chances against Chelsea in FA cup, against Madrid and a host of others. I guess SAF wanted to encourage him so that his confidence wouldn't drop. It isn't a good thing for your highest scorer to lost confidence.
afta d conversation, rooney submitted a transfer request, shikena. Ts an insult to man utd, period!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 22, 2013
elampiro:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:41pm On May 22, 2013
dademola: abi o. Ando wey we suppose don sell teytey. He has been struggling for form and fitness ever since we bought him.dis is d 6th yr oo. Smh

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 22, 2013
dopeJemi: [b]I never said them things: Manchester United's Wayne Rooney denies putting in official transfer request
New dad - new job? It looks highly unlikely Rooney will stay at Manchester United
PA
By John Cross  |  21 May 2013 22:30
Wayne Rooney fears he is being forced out of Manchester United and into exile as Paris Saint-Germain.

Rooney is adamant that he has NOT made an official transfer request, despite newly-retired manager Alex Ferguson publicly insisting that he HAD asked to leave the Old Trafford giants.

Rooney fears the United fans may struggle to forgive him and it now seems almost certain that the 27-year-old will leave this summer.

Big-spending French champions PSG head of the queue of interested clubs, although Monaco, Chelsea, Arsenal and even Manchester City are watching developments closely.

England striker Rooney had been hoping to start discussions about a new contract, yet United appear to be pulling the rug from under his feet - and that could force him out.

Ferguson dropped Rooney for United's biggest game of the season - the decisive second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie against Real Madrid.

Despite the denials, that episode made it clear that he could be on his way out.

Summer signing Robin van Persie has also eclipsed Rooney as United’s main man up front.

Fergie’s tough tactics may end up sparing his successor, David Moyes, the difficult task of having to justify the sale to fans, as the former manager would take the full blame.

The Mirror understands that Ferguson had even explored using Rooney as bait in an incredible player-plus-cash swap deal to bring Manchester City keeper Joe Hart to Old Trafford.

Ferguson is a big admirer of Hart and felt his unhappiness under Roberto Mancini gave him a chance of snatching him.

Hart is now happier at Eastlands and will stay on under boss-in-waiting Manuel Pellegrini following last week's decision to sack Mancini.

In contrast, Rooney, who celebrated the birth of son Klay on Tuesday, fears there is no way back for him at United.

He was alarmed to see Sky pundit Gary Neville - his England coach and a former United team-mate - laughing about him asking for a transfer while conducting a TV interview with Paul Scholes.

That has left him with the feeling there was a deep undercurrent and determination within the club to sell him.

Rooney has been left disappointed to see himself being accused of twice asking for a move in the past three years.

While he admits to having clear the air talks with Ferguson, as he sought assurances about his future, Rooney remains adamant that no formal transfer request was put in.

That is an official course of action in which the player puts his request in writing and waives his right to a pay-off - and Rooney maintains that has simply never happened, despite United public claims to the contrary.

And with that sort of backdrop, it is crystal clear that Rooney fears there is a clear agenda to move him on.[/b] http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-wayne-rooney-1902941
aha... I tot DDG was sed to be d best gk in d land. Why fergie cme dey reason hart?? Shey fergie no look d stats of d 2 of dem ni??cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:59pm On May 22, 2013
dademola: aha... I tot DDG was sed to be d best gk in d land. Why fergie cme dey reason hart?? Shey fergie no look d stats of d 2 of dem ni??cheesy

please don't get drawn to the opinion of a drunk journalist. there's no single quote in that article to even suggest what was said is true. opinions and made-up stories to sell papers are different from facts!

joe hart to man utd? xavi has a better chance playing for real madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2013
@coded guy, players don't have to pay our school fees or salary before we analyze football based on our perception. All of us here have no direct link to Manchester United or EPL. We burn megabytes, time, energy to analyze the games and players.

Only Rafael, Vidic and RVP have not received bashing on this thread. Does it mean our players are so bad? Then SAF must be a magician.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:37pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

please don't get drawn to the opinion of a drunk journalist. there's no single quote in that article to even suggest what was said is true. opinions and made-up stories to sell papers are different from facts!

joe hart to man utd? xavi has a better chance playing for real madrid.

Exactly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:43pm On May 22, 2013
elampiro: Only Rafael, Vidic and RVP have not received bashing on this thread. Does it mean our players are so bad? Then SAF must be a magician.

Hardly, when we on this thread are on form everyone gets it. From the medical team, Mick Phelan, to all the players. I don't think there is a single player at the club presently we haven't critiqued.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:46pm On May 22, 2013
elampiro: @coded guy, players don't have to pay our school fees or salary before we analyze football based on our perception. All of us here have no direct link to Manchester United or EPL. We burn megabytes, time, energy to analyze the games and players.

Only Rafael, Vidic and RVP have not received bashing on this thread. Does it mean our players are so bad? Then SAF must be a magician.

When did you come to this forum that you are concluding those guys have not been bashed? Even Vpersie during his 10games drought was questioned by some in here. His saving grace was that we all know what he is capable of/ his early performances coupled with his being new to the team.

As per the question of paying school fees, that again you need to scour through the thread to understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 9:51pm On May 22, 2013
dademola: abi o. Ando wey we suppose don sell teytey. He has been struggling for form and fitness ever since we bought him.dis is d 6th yr oo. Smh

That is not correct. The first season he was bought to Utd in 2007/2008, he performed so well. He was a good replacement when Scholes got injured around October 2007 up until April when Scholes came back. He played so well during that season. He was one of the reason why we won the EPL and UCL then. Anderson is a box-to-box midfielder but his problem is that he is injury-prone. And he always have injuries that will keep him out for at least two months in a season. Aside that, he is a good midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2013
Fabville:

That is not correct. The first season he was bought to Utd in 2007/2008, he performed so well. He was a good replacement when Scholes got injured around October 2007 up until April when Scholes came back. He played so well during that season. He was one of the reason why we won the EPL and UCL then. Anderson is a box-to-box midfielder but his problem is that he is injury-prone. And he always have injuries that will keep him out for at least two months in a season. Aside that, he is a good midfielder.

Anderson sat on the bench in the semi final matches and came on only for penalties in the final. It was Hargreaves, Carrick and Scholes that played the major role in the midfield in crucial matches. Though Hargreaves was used as right back in some matches due to injuries to defenders. Except when he wasn't fully fit.

The only time Anderson was one of the first choice two midfielders was when Scholes was injured and Hargreaves had to manage games due to his ailing knee.

1st leg semi final

Barcelona: Valdes, Zambrotta, Marquez, Milito, Abidal, Xavi, Toure Yaya, Deco (Henry 77), Messi (Bojan 62), Eto'o, Iniesta.
Subs Not Used: Pinto, Gudjohnsen, Sylvinho, Giovanni, Thuram.

Booked: Marquez.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra, Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Rooney (Nani 76), Tevez (Giggs 85).
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Anderson, Pique, O'Shea, Silvestre.

2ng leg semi final
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra (Silvestre 90), Park, Scholes (Fletcher 76), Carrick, Nani (Giggs 76), Ronaldo, Tevez.
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Anderson, O'Shea, Welbeck.

Booked: Carrick, Ronaldo.

Goals: Scholes 14.

Barcelona: Valdes, Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Abidal, Toure Yaya (Gudjohnsen 88), Messi, Xavi, Deco, Iniesta (Henry 60), Eto'o (Bojan 72).
Subs Not Used: Pinto, Edmilson, Sylvinho, Thuram

Final.
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown (Anderson 120), Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Hargreaves, Scholes (Giggs 87), Carrick, Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney (Nani 101).
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, O'Shea, Fletcher, Silvestre.

Booked: Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Tevez.

Goals: Ronaldo 26.

Chelsea: Cech, Essien, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Makelele (Belletti 120), Lampard, Joe Cole (Anelka 99), Drogba, Malouda (Kalou 92).
Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Shevchenko, Obi, Alex.

Sent Off: Drogba (116).

Booked: Makelele, Carvalho, Ballack, Essien.

Goals: Lampard 45.

Man Utd win 6-5 on penalties
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 1:05am On May 23, 2013
coogar:

The same youtube clips you post every time the error of your ways is shown to you.
His entire career is summarized in this two clips? Are you kidding me?
The baba wey do that medicine, i throw way hand for am. The medicine strong well well. Dem use this Anderson boy swear for you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 8:25am On May 23, 2013
elampiro:

Anderson sat on the bench in the semi final matches and came on only for penalties in the final. It was Hargreaves, Carrick and Scholes that played the major role in the midfield in crucial matches. Though Hargreaves was used as right back in some matches due to injuries to defenders. Except when he wasn't fully fit.

The only time Anderson was one of the first choice two midfielders was when Scholes was injured and Hargreaves had to manage games due to his ailing knee.

1st leg semi final

Barcelona: Valdes, Zambrotta, Marquez, Milito, Abidal, Xavi, Toure Yaya, Deco (Henry 77), Messi (Bojan 62), Eto'o, Iniesta.
Subs Not Used: Pinto, Gudjohnsen, Sylvinho, Giovanni, Thuram.

Booked: Marquez.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra, Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Rooney (Nani 76), Tevez (Giggs 85).
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Anderson, Pique, O'Shea, Silvestre.

2ng leg semi final
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra (Silvestre 90), Park, Scholes (Fletcher 76), Carrick, Nani (Giggs 76), Ronaldo, Tevez.
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Anderson, O'Shea, Welbeck.

Booked: Carrick, Ronaldo.

Goals: Scholes 14.

Barcelona: Valdes, Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Abidal, Toure Yaya (Gudjohnsen 88), Messi, Xavi, Deco, Iniesta (Henry 60), Eto'o (Bojan 72).
Subs Not Used: Pinto, Edmilson, Sylvinho, Thuram

Final.
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown (Anderson 120), Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Hargreaves, Scholes (Giggs 87), Carrick, Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney (Nani 101).
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, O'Shea, Fletcher, Silvestre.

Booked: Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Tevez.

Goals: Ronaldo 26.

Chelsea: Cech, Essien, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Makelele (Belletti 120), Lampard, Joe Cole (Anelka 99), Drogba, Malouda (Kalou 92).
Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Shevchenko, Obi, Alex.

Sent Off: Drogba (116).

Booked: Makelele, Carvalho, Ballack, Essien.

Goals: Lampard 45.

Man Utd win 6-5 on penalties

I don't just get your point. There is no match in UCL that is not crucial. I know you love argument so much. But i'll want to ask you some questions. How long was Scholes injured in 2007/08 and from when till when? Who replaced him in the team when he was injured? Are you telling me that it is only the Semi-final and the Final matches that are crucial in the champions league? Are you telling me that a player that started six (6) games and came in as sub in three (3) games in the 2007/08 UCL did not play a major role in the winning of the UCL? You made me laugh! Go and check your record. Anderson played regularly in Man Utd team from Oct 2 2007 till April 2008 in EPL, FA cup and UCL. That was his best season so far in United shirt. I still maintain it that he contributed immensely to United winning the EPL and UCL.
Let me take you back memory lane. He played in a league cup against coventry city on Sept. 26 2007 and we lost that game. SAF was contemplating of loaning him out when Scholes suffered a ligament damage at training a night before a UCL game against Dinamo Kiev on 23rd Oct. 2007. That was how he was drafted in and he started that game and that was all. A season campaign is not a short distance but a marathon. The semi final and final matches he did not start was because Scholes was back from injury then. If he didn't play major role in the winning of the UCL why then was he brought on to play penalty? Why didn't Scholes play it? You need to get your facts right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:09am On May 23, 2013
Fabville:

I don't just get your point. There is no match in UCL that is not crucial. I know you love argument so much. But i'll want to ask you some questions. How long was Scholes injured in 2007/08 and from when till when? Who replaced him in the team when he was injured? Are you telling me that it is only the Semi-final and the Final matches that are crucial in the champions league? Are you telling me that a player that started six (6) games and came in as sub in three (3) games in the 2007/08 UCL did not play a major role in the winning of the UCL? You made me laugh! Go and check your record. Anderson played regularly in Man Utd team from Oct 2 2007 till April 2008 in EPL, FA cup and UCL. That was his best season so far in United shirt. I still maintain it that he contributed immensely to United winning the EPL and UCL.
Let me take you back memory lane. He played in a league cup against coventry city on Sept. 26 2007 and we lost that game. SAF was contemplating of loaning him out when Scholes suffered a ligament damage at training a night before a UCL game against Dinamo Kiev on 23rd Oct. 2007. That was how he was drafted in and he started that game and that was all. A season campaign is not a short distance but a marathon. The semi final and final matches he did not start was because Scholes was back from injury then. If he didn't play major role in the winning of the UCL why then was he brought on to play penalty? Why didn't Scholes play it? You need to get your facts right.
anderson played a major role in our league and UCL triumphs?? Hw can anybody say dt?? Wots ur own meaning of 'major role', if i may ask??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 9:53am On May 23, 2013
dademola: anderson played a major role in our league and UCL triumphs?? Hw can anybody say dt?? Wots ur own meaning of 'major role', if i may ask??

I am talking of 2007/2008 season when Paul Scholes was injured for six months. Who came in for him then? Was it not Anderson? He played regularly in that midfield until Scholes came back fully fit in late April. Unless you you to say he didn't play regularly during Scholes' absence.

These are their appearances for 2007/2008 season in all competitions.
Paul Scholes - 34
Anderson - 38
Carrick - 49
Fletcher - 24
Hargreaves - 34
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2013
Fabville:

What you described up there does not in any way signify a major role to a UCL trophy. He started 6 games out of 13. How can that be a mojor role, and more so considering the fact he missed in the crucial matches. United had reached semi final previously, so getting past there was the major achievement, and SAF knew those who could cope in big games.

You painted in your first writing like Anderson was probably one of the most important players to our UCL campaign. It was like if Anderson wasn't there we wouldn't have won it. That was why I had to let you know he only completed the squad. If he played a major role, what will be said of Van Der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Hargreaves and Tevez? In the midfield, you have to give it to Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves and Giggs ahead of him. May be Nani too.

Later in the day, when I am chanced I will try to dig out facts and statistics to further analyse this.

You said I like argument a lot. May be that is what I learnt from this thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:26pm On May 23, 2013
Fabville:

I am talking of 2007/2008 season when Paul Scholes was injured for six months. Who came in for him then? Was it not Anderson? He played regularly in that midfield until Scholes came back fully fit in late April. Unless you you to say he didn't play regularly during Scholes' absence.

These are their appearances for 2007/2008 season in all competitions.
Paul Scholes - 34
Anderson - 38
Carrick - 49
Fletcher - 24
Hargreaves - 34

Anderson
2007/2008... 24 EPL matches- 1488 minutes averaging 16 matches. No goal, 1 assist.

2008/2009 936 mins. 2009/10 864mins. 2010/11 1190mins. 2011/12 693mins. 2013 824.

Scholes.
2007/2008... 24 EPL matches- 1841 minutes averaging 20 matches. 1 goal, 4 assists.
Scholes had 1841, 1265 and 1946 minutes in 2008/9,2009/10,2010/11 respectively.

Anderson remaining 14 matches were probably in UCL, FA cup and carling cup. Who knows how much playing time he had. He was simply a squad member and not any major player. Carrick, Scholes and Hargreaves were our major midfielders, but injuries limited Hargreaves and his games were managed. In such situation or where rotation is needed, SAF knew who were to face big challenges.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:38pm On May 23, 2013
I am a big fan os Anderson and Nani. Both fell my hand this season, but I still believe Nani can make I. I am not so convinced any more of Anderson. At the start of last season, I felt he was finally ready to rule. But the guy doesn't recover well from injury. This season exposed the fact he can't be consistent over 3 matches. Shine once, flop next. I am a fan of his 'move forward' football. He has energy so much. He tackles well and guides his ball very well. But his weaknesses are also many.

Weakness
Prone to injuries. One legged midfielder. His one leg is 'heavy', unlike Giggs he can't twist and turn with his left foot with ease. Poor shooting accuracy. Not a good goal scorer, and his shots are wayward.

That's my sincere opinion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 2:13pm On May 23, 2013
elampiro:

What you described up there does not in any way signify a major role to a UCL trophy. He started 6 games out of 13. How can that be a mojor role, and more so considering the fact he missed in the crucial matches. United had reached semi final previously, so getting past there was the major achievement, and SAF knew those who could cope in big games.

You painted in your first writing like Anderson was probably one of the most important players to our UCL campaign. It was like if Anderson wasn't there we wouldn't have won it. That was why I had to let you know he only completed the squad. If he played a major role, what will be said of Van Der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Hargreaves and Tevez? In the midfield, you have to give it to Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves and Giggs ahead of him. May be Nani too.

Later in the day, when I am chanced I will try to dig out facts and statistics to further analyse this.

He played a major role because as at the time Scholes was injured who in your opinion would have filled in for him considering that Hargreaves was injury prone and used to be deployed to right back? Football is a team work and there is no player that can say without him, the team wouldn't have been successful.

Paul Scholes also played seven games in that seasons UCL. The essence of having about 23 players registered is for tactical reason and injury reason. No player can play the whole game in a season.

I am not saying he is better than Scholes but when Scholes wasn't available he deputised for scholes well.

Those that played in the midfield during that season played a major role in United winning trophies in that season and Anderson was part of that midfield. If Anderson is playing the way he played in his first season we would not be having the problem we are having in our midfield right now.

You called a player who made 38 appearances in a season "completing the squad"? You are kidding me. What would you call Scholes who made 34 appearances? A player who made 38 appearances cannot be "completing a team".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 2:25pm On May 23, 2013
elampiro:

Anderson
2007/2008... 24 EPL matches- 1488 minutes averaging 16 matches. No goal, 1 assist.

2008/2009 936 mins. 2009/10 864mins. 2010/11 1190mins. 2011/12 693mins. 2013 824.

Scholes.
2007/2008... 24 EPL matches- 1841 minutes averaging 20 matches. 1 goal, 4 assists.
Scholes had 1841, 1265 and 1946 minutes in 2008/9,2009/10,2010/11 respectively.

Anderson remaining 14 matches were probably in UCL, FA cup and carling cup. Who knows how much playing time he had. He was simply a squad member and not any major player. Carrick, Scholes and Hargreaves were our major midfielders, but injuries limited Hargreaves and his games were managed. In such situation or where rotation is needed, SAF knew who were to face big challenges.

I am talking of 2007/2008 season as his best season. You are already shifting to another season. What you computed says it all. Scholes and Anderson played the same number of games in EPL. And you are saying he is just completing the squad. I don't need to continue this because that was how you started DDG issue earlier in the year and at the end what happened to DDG stats? You also argued as if Rooney is sold Man Utd will crumble next season.

There is no point continuing with this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 23, 2013
elampiro:

You painted in your first writing like Anderson was probably one of the most important players to our UCL campaign. It was like if Anderson wasn't there we wouldn't have won it. That was why I had to let you know he only completed the squad. If he played a major role, what will be said of [b]Van Der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Hargreaves and Tevez? [/b]In the midfield, you have to give it to Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves and Giggs ahead of him. May be Nani too.

abi oo.i think d problem here is that his own definition of 'major role' is different from ours

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2013
Fabville:

He played a major role because as at the time Scholes was injured who in your opinion would have filled in for him considering that Hargreaves was injury prone and used to be deployed to right back? Football is a team work and there is no player that can say without him, the team wouldn't have been successful.

Paul Scholes also played seven games in that seasons UCL. The essence of having about 23 players registered is for tactical reason and injury reason. No player can play the whole game in a season.

I am not saying he is better than Scholes but when Scholes wasn't available he deputised for scholes well.

Those that played in the midfield during that season played a major role in United winning trophies in that season and Anderson was part of that midfield. If Anderson is playing the way he played in his first season we would not be having the problem we are having in our midfield right now.

You called a player who made 38 appearances in a season "completing the squad"? You are kidding me. What would you call Scholes who made 34 appearances? A player who made 38 appearances cannot be "completing a team".

''He was one of the reason why we won the EPL and UCL then.'' -Fabville

This is what I am reacting to. Can you explain it? Doesn't it sound like you meant he was the best midfielder and one of the top 5 players that season?

Then you keep repeating 38 games even though I have showed you he was mostly used as substitute. 16 games cumulatively is not up to half the season. So he cannot be credited with the accolade you described above. Scholes with a long term injury was still able to grab a 20 match cumulative games, I guess Carrick played virtually all.

Frm the statistics, it is obvious he was mostly used as substitute in those 38 games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:04pm On May 23, 2013
Fabville:

I am talking of 2007/2008 season as his best season. You are already shifting to another season. What you computed says it all. Scholes and Anderson played the same number of games in EPL. And you are saying he is just completing the squad. I don't need to continue this because that was how you started DDG issue earlier in the year and at the end what happened to DDG stats? You also argued as if Rooney is sold Man Utd will crumble next season.

There is no point continuing with this.

My major highlight was 2007/2008 statistics. When you look at it closely, you will notice Anderson was mostly used as substitute because even Scholes you claimed was injured for 6 months, had far more playing time. That cannot be defined to mean playing a major role. What will now be said of Van Der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Brown, Carrick, Rooney, Ronaldo who probably had twice (X2)more playing time. I am sure even Tevez, Nani and Vidic had more playing time. Not to talk of the fact that they were the ones who did the job in the biggest stages.

Anderson
2007/2008... 24 EPL matches- 1488 minutes which equals 16 matches. No goal, 1 assist.

Scholes.
2007/2008... 24 EPL matches- 1841 minutes which equals 20 matches. 1 goal, 4 assists.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/epl/players.asp?player=43857

Scholes

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/epl/players.asp?player=2491

...... Also where did I say if Rooney goes we will crumble? I said he will be hard to replace. Then I suggested Fabregas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:47pm On May 23, 2013
this is fast becoming an argument thread. lol

Moving on, a lot of the spanish papers are linking us with Thiago of Barca. He would be a solid replacement for Scholes. Could he adapt to United and the English game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
montelik: this is fast becoming an argument thread. lol

Moving on, a lot of the spanish papers are linking us with Thiago of Barca. He would be a solid replacement for Scholes. Could he adapt to United and the English game?

I think so. He will be a great addition. More so his price has dropped. We would have bought him two seasons ago when Mata came to Chelsea but he opted to sign new contract.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2013
I don't see why thiago would leave Barca? He's got next.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 23, 2013
Mr_TA: I don't see why thiago would leave Barca? He's got next.
I think Barca's actually hawking him.
His father has been quoted as saying that he does not know if his son has an active future in Barcelona. The Catalans have not come to defend their position on Thiago, so it leads me to believe he is actually not high on their scale of priority.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:38pm On May 23, 2013
Mr_TA: I don't see why thiago would leave Barca? He's got next.

we need a busquets, not thiago! thiago is like kagawa

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (14421) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.