Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:22 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9027509 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) ... (14291) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2015
sinizia:

I'm not even bothered about Depay, his place is on the bench. At least LVG has the gall to bench him, I'm only worried that Rooney's untouchable status might continue. But judging from scores of bashings LVG and Rooney got last night on Twitter, he might consider dropping Rooney. Good news if he does, to create a chance for Lingard to shine the more. LVG has a poor substitution brain though. Young for the solid Rojo? Really? Dumb cúnt!!
my own is he starts Martial CF. We've become barren since he left that CF, the team creates more and more likely to score when he's there.

On Young, don't know how he looks at him and sees a LB. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2015
sinizia:

I'm not even bothered about Depay, his place is on the bench. At least LVG has the gall to bench him, I'm only worried that Rooney's untouchable status might continue. But judging from scores of bashings LVG and Rooney got last night on Twitter, he might consider dropping Rooney. Good news if he does, to create a chance for Lingard to shine the more. LVG has a poor substitution brain though. Young for the solid Rojo? Really? Dumb cúnt!!

Rojo was solid yesternight. Maybe he was substituted to keep him fresh for the weekend and next midweek fixtures, or maybe it's because he won't have good communicaiton with Martial, I don't know. But the sub affected Utd. Young's communication with Martial was superb but it seems Perierra has something against him.

Rooney's case is a dilemma for Utd. If Rooney gets the bench and the performance isn't as good and opponents are thrashed 5-0 every time, expect English press to fill everywhere with stup.id utterances and vituperations.

They['ll always make a case for their Pele. Maybe he could crop an injury, come back at the end of the season and retire after 2 or three games- unless he can put in the performance that's needed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2015
I thank God say I no interrupt my sound sleep to witness this kinda embarrassment sha..

Despite the huge investment in players (so as to reclaim our rightful position at the top), some of us are still taking solace in the overplayed "we played well but lost" line even when our darling club crashed out to a championship side right at old Trafford (we couldn't even score in 120 minutes).

Rather than aiming to win trophies, It seems LVG is more interested in imparting his so-called "philosophy".

#I dey observe#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2015
chrisley024:
my own is he starts Martial CF. We've become barren since he left that CF, the team creates more and more likely to score when he's there.

On Young, don't know how he looks at him and sees a LB. undecided

Rooney is the stumbling block here. if Rooney cops a season-long injury, Martial would be moved to CF, Young to LW, Mata/Herera behind Martial and Lingard/Val on the RW; and watch our team play with much fluidity and tempo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

Rojo was solid yesternight. Maybe he was substituted to keep him fresh for the weekend and next midweek fixtures, or maybe it's because he won't have good communicaiton with Martial, I don't know. But the sub affected Utd. Young's communication with Martial was superb but it seems Perierra has something against him.

Rooney's case is a dilemma for Utd. If Rooney gets the bench and the performance isn't as good and opponents are thrashed 5-0 every time, expect English press to fill everywhere with stup.id utterances and vituperations.

They['ll always make a case for their Pele. Maybe he could crop an injury, come back at the end of the season and retire after 2 or three games- unless he can put in the performance that's needed.

Fúck the press!! If Rooneys cops injury or keep getting benched and we're start winning 5-0, the Press can bleat all they want, as long as we the fans are happy with the results, who gives a fúck about their worthless opinions? Points win titles not nice performances. All I need is to win, I don't care how we achieve that!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Dadehmola:
I thank God say I no interrupt my sound sleep to witness this kinda embarrassment sha..

Despite the huge investment in players (so as to reclaim our rightful position at the top), some of us are still taking solace in the overplayed "we played well but lost" line even when our darling club crashed out to a championship side right at old Trafford (we couldn't even score in 120 minutes).

Rather than aiming to win trophies, It seems LVG is more interested in imparting his so-called "philosophy".

#I dey observe#

You can decide to sulk and be angry because Utd broke a 20-year record by losing to a championship side at old trafford. I won't.

If twas Utd's strongest ssquad that lost the match, there's cause to tweet #LvGOut but the young players were given the opportunity to impress.

They played well and with a little confidence could've won convincingly. I'm not euphoric about the match but I'm taking something positive out of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 8:36am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

You forgot to mention Selsie... plus that's why people like watch English league matches. The favorites don't always win.

'selsie', more like selfie....

I was talkin' about outside epl, chelsea lost to an epl team not a championship one....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2015
Chestar5:

'selsie', more like selfie....

I was talkin' about outside epl, chelsea lost to an epl team not a championship one....

This isn't the first time a championship side will beat a premiership side. Chelsea lost to Luton Town of League two at Stamford bridge years ago, so these upsets happen in England often.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

You can decide to sulk and be angry because Utd broke a 20-year record by losing to a championship side at old trafford. I won't.

If twas Utd's strongest ssquad that lost the match, there's cause to tweet #LvGOut but the young players were given the opportunity to impress.

They played well and with a little confidence could've won convincingly. I'm not euphoric about the match but I'm taking something positive out of it.

Positives?? After failing to score at home to Misdlesbrough?? Why then did we have senior players on the bench as "insurance"??

With the "rebuilding-process-that-would-take some-time" mantra being peddled up & down, the club should be looking to atleast do well in competitions like this.

Unfortunately, our recent drop-in-status seems to have really affected our psyche, hence the willingness to console ourselves with the usual "we did well but lost" phrase when 2nd tier football teams knock us out of competitions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Scummies lost...... Nothing new!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2015
Let's see how ya gonna win the Fa cup to end the trophyless love
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Dadehmola:

Positives?? After failing to score at home to Misdlesbrough?? Why then did we have senior players on the bench as "insurance"??

With the "rebuilding-process-that-would-take some-time" mantra being peddled up & down, the club should be looking to atleast do well in competitions like this.

Unfortunately, our recent drop-in-status seems to have really affected our psyche, hence the willingness to console ourselves with the usual "we did well but lost" phrase when 2nd tier football teams knock us out of competitions.

There are so many things wrong with what you said.

Did you get a look at the starting XI? You think Boro would've survived the first 45 if Martial, Herrerra and the usual gang started?

Moreover it's not wise to use your players for every game- that's what Mourinho normally does and he always have a below par third season.

Apart from that, Utd have an away fixture this weekend and a UCL match midweek next week so it's a good idea to give the younguns the opportunity to show what they can do yesternight.

They did a good job is what I'm saying- and it's not a consolation for the loss. I wouldn't feel any different if they've won. If you can't get past it that Utd lost, that's your problem.

I won't clarify my position to you again.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Dadehmola:
#I dey observe#

LVG is here to school scummies about Philosophy.... That is all!
Come and teach / instill some confused philosophy and leave trophyless with United in tatters / ruins!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

Did you get a look at the starting XI? You think Boro would've survived the first 45 if Martial, Herrerra and the usual gang started?

Moreover it's not wise to use your players for every game- that's what Mourinho normally does and he always have a below par third season.

Apart from that, Utd have an away fixture this weekend and a UCL match midweek next week so it's a good idea to give the younguns the opportunity to show what they can do yesternight.

They did a good job is what I'm saying- and it's not a consolation for the loss. I wouldn't feel any different if they've won. If you can't get past it that Utd lost, that's your problem.

Stop fashioning excuses you silly prat!
You had a team out.... only 2 or 3 are not mainstays in the first 11 / 15!!!!
What bloody excuses are you now giving?
The team you had out there last night should be destroying Boro in 90 minutes if you guys knew what you were doing, no disrespect to Boro!
It was more than enough.... You didnt need Herrera and Martial!!!
What other usual gang are you now talking about? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 9:27am On Oct 29, 2015
After the Embarrassing loss yesterday, i can't help but say that some if not many of us here have no business discussing football because we are worse off than LVG's stewpid philosophy.
How can we be so poor yesternight and somebody kept saying "we are playing well", "we played well" he even said Memphis Depay played well that we shouldn't listen to haters. Like seriously? Did two different Manchester United play yesterday or was it the same match i watched?
It took us 34 good minutes to record a shot on goal against a championship side on our home soil, yet somebody is busy shouting we are playing well.
There is absolutely no result as "we played well in football", its either you are the winner or you are the loser. Under SAF, we needn't think of the playing style, all we knew then was that we were either gonna win or lose. We were always confident of a win even when 3goals down at, but now its so hard we can't dare overturn just 1 goal. I can go on and on but lemme just stop here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Manchester United have been knocked out by lower-league opposition in three of their last four League Cup meetings with sides from outside the top-flight .......................
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Does Depay still need more time?! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

This isn't the first time a championship side will beat a premiership side. Chelsea lost to Luton Town of League two at Stamford bridge years ago, so these upsets happens in England often.

Guy, the loss is not as painful as the philosophy and the special treatment the granny shagger is getting (he was fair yesterday)

During Fergie's time we also had upsets like this but we know 95% of the time we also know that the next 5teams we meet will feel wrath of that loss. With baba philosophy I can't really be that confident because he will now emphasise that his yeye possession.

Possession that we can't even keep very well except when the defenders are passing the back.

Seeing Martial on the wings while that pregnant Rhino continues to lead our attack is just torture.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:35am On Oct 29, 2015
I was hoping Smalling would get some rest.
I didn't watch the boro game.

We can't have it both ways this same football philosophy pattern has gotten some fine result against some strong EPL sides even Tiki-Taka in all its glory has it flaws.

If we somehow win the league playing this monotonous style of football I dey okay.

Rooney won't start the next game the fans fit riot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2015
LVG should be sacked asap. His useless Philosophy can only work in a one team league like Bundesliga it can never work in the EPL where even a team from 2nd division are fearless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:40am On Oct 29, 2015
codedguy1:

Guy, the loss is not as painful as the philosophy and the special treatment the granny shagger is getting (he was fair yesterday)

During Fergie's time we also had upsets like this but we know 95% of the time we also know that the next 5teams we meet will feel wrath of that loss. With baba philosophy I can't really be that confident because he will now emphasise that his yeye possession.

Possession that we can't even keep very well except when the defenders are passing the back.

Seeing Martial on the wings while that pregnant Rhino continues to lead our attack is just torture.

Note: That same philosophy has helped Utd win 6 and draw 2 out of 10 EPL games. If LvG had put a square peg in a square hole it could've been 8 wins out of 10. Coupled with some form of urgency and crisp passes it'd be better.

If Martial had come in for James early on in the second half things might've been different. Plus the lad's repeated outing on the wings isn't good for his development as a top 9. Rooney should be 'rested' and shouldn't play that match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Stop fashioning excuses you silly prat!
You had a team out.... only 2 or 3 are not mainstays in the first 11 / 15!!!!
What bloody excuses are you now giving?
The team you had out there last night should be destroying Boro in 90 minutes if you guys knew what you were doing, no disrespect to Boro!
It was more than enough.... You didnt need Herrera and Martial!!!
What other usual gang are you now talking about? undecided

Elf you can go fvck yourself. You lost 3 - 0 to another championship side and couldn't rattle the goalpost. Go and lick your anus you ass.wipe.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

Elf you can go fvck yourself. You lost 3 - 0 to another championship side and couldn't rattle the goalpost. Go and lick your anus you ass.wipe.

I am talking about the bloody excuses you are fashioning.... Flimsy fu...cking excuses!!!!
I dont care about losing to Sheffield Wednesday, we were poor on the night and deserved to
But dont bloody come here and start waving that we had a young or half strength squad out.... Our team was not even near our best bench side, yet i didnt fashion excuses.... unlike you
Silly bonobo monkey..... move on and stop bloody whining... your team is absolutely pathetic! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

I am talking about the bloody excuses you are fashioning.... Flimsy fu...cking excuses!!!!
I dont care about losing to Sheffield Wednesday, we were poor on the night and deserved to
But dont bloody come here and start waving that we had a young or half strength squad out.... Our team was not even near our best bench side, yet i didnt fashion excuses.... unlike you
Silly bonobo monkey..... move on and stop bloody whining... your team is absolutely pathetic! grin

You're a silly e-goat. *clears throat* That's all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

You just dey misyarn since morning..

Martial, Herrera & his "usual gang" need to start before we dispatch Middlesbrough at Oldtrafford?? Like really?? What kinda opinion is this??

Like I said earlier, I don't really blame you - Our recent decline has changed the mentality of so many Utd fans..

Leyqute:

Atleast 6 senior players started yesterday. When it was apparent the game wasn't panning out as planned, LVG didn't introduce Youngsters as subs yet you are making it seem as though Paddy McNair captained the side.

These your "positives" are actually "negatives" bros..

Leyqute:

"Good Job" of crashing out to Middlesbrough at Oldtrafford?? Like seriously??

All your personal (albeit unnecessary) braggadocio doesn't change one fact - yesterday's result was an embarrassment to The club.

From your tone, You seem to have been supporting a club like Wigan or Burnley before "porting" to Man utd - your expectations don't seem to align with that of a top club.

Too bad!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Yes you are right, we played rubbish and deserved to lose, i for one is against any excuse created by any man utd fan. But i just had to quote you because of the emboldened.
Common man. You played
Cech, Per, Debuchy, Gibbs, Chambers, Flamini, Oxlade, Giroud, Walcot.
In fact you fielded a more experienced forward than man utd yet you couldn't score a goal. Aside Per and cech, your backline were your second eleven yet you conceded 3. Man utds frontline were lingar, Wilson, pereira and a useless memphis. Aside memphis, the rest were academy players. And we played against a team better than sheffield wednesday.
I'm not making a case for my team that lost, but you shouldn't look for excuses for your team that lost emphatically.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

Note: That same philosophy has helped Utd win 6 and draw 2 out of 10 EPL games. If LvG had put a square peg in a square hole it could've been 8 wins out of 10. Coupled with some form of urgency and crisp passes it'd be better.

If Martial had come in for James early on in the second half things might've been different. Plus the lad's repeated outing on the wings isn't good for his development as a top 9. Rooney should be 'rested' and shouldn't play that match.

I will take my word back and apologise if we win the EPL.

IMO this philosophy can only take us so far!

As per FA cup, I go just sidon dey look.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2015
Mystic1:
Yes you are right, we played rubbish and deserved to lose, i for one is against any excuse created by any man utd fan. But i just had to quote you because of the emboldened.
Common man. You played
In fact you fielded a more experienced forward than man utd yet you couldn't score a goal. Aside Per and cech, your backline were your second eleven yet you conceded 3. Man utds frontline were lingar, Wilson, pereira and a useless memphis. Aside memphis, the rest were academy players. And we played against a team better than sheffield wednesday.
I'm not making a case for my team that lost, but you shouldn't look for excuses for your team that lost emphatically.

Dude what nonsense are you talking about? You had three lads in there who are fringe first team players....

We had 6 fringe players and one unknown kid, who has been playing with the under-21 side.... .

So what are you trying to justify?

Oh ooo... You are now trying to tell us the cun..ts you fielded upfront were not as potent as ours....

Ox played, was injured early, for TH who got injured too.... You had Martial, Rooney and Young on on.... all three playing a decent amount of time!!

Now compare again and tell me who had the best side out against two different teams playing in the division below!!!!!!!

Say no more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Mystic1:

Common man. You played
In fact you fielded a more experienced forward than man utd yet you couldn't score a goal. Aside Per and cech, your backline were your second .

20 Romero
36 Darmian
12 Smalling
17 Blind
05 Rojo (Young - 61' )
16 Carrick
27 Fellaini
35 Lingard
44 Pereira
07 Depay (Martial - 71' )
19 Wilson (Rooney - 45' )

Your team on the night out..... Now, tell me how many of those Arsenal players you listed have played more minutes than your players up there!!!!

Count the number of your regular players who didnt feature and count the number of Arsenal's regular who didnt feature.... Lets start there shall we fam?!

33 Cech
02 Debuchy Booked
21 Chambers
04 Mertesacker
03 Gibbs
20 Flamini
47 Kamara (Bielik - 60' )
28 Campbell Booked
15 Oxlade-Chamberlain (Walcott - 5' )
45 Iwobi
12 Giroud
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Dude what nonsense are you talking about? You had three lads in there who are fringe first team players....

We had 6 fringe players and one unknown kid, who has been playing with the under-21 side.... .

So what are you trying to justify?

Oh ooo... You are now trying to tell us the cun..ts you fielded upfront were not as potent as ours....

Ox played, was injured early, for TH who got injured too.... You had Martial, Rooney and Young on on.... all three playing a decent amount of time!!

Now compare again and tell me who had the best side out against two different teams playing in the division below!!!!!!!

Say no more.
I really don't have time for back and forth. All i have to say is that you lost 3-0 to a mid table club in the championship.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2015
Leyqute:

This isn't the first time a championship side will beat a premiership side. Chelsea lost to Luton Town of League two at Stamford bridge years ago, so these upsets happen in England often.

i know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2015
3 English men in one team played 3 penalties and lost all 3. Meanwhile Chicharito has 5goals in 8days. God please confuse LVG and make him resign.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) ... (14291) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.