Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,972 members, 7,896,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8968889 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) ... (14266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Odunharry:
this weekend go tough trust me..
Against Liverpool?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
chidexxy007:

common guy.... with this kind of Liverpool defense?
it'll be a shocker if we don't come outta that match with a draw at least.
I just dey laugh una.They have something we don't, and that's motivation. Do you think we would have equalized like they did? NO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
A40:

Lol my bad two clubs. Who is the other
Matt Hummels-B Dortmond
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
Dadehmola:

Hehehe...

You seem to have forgotten how pathetic our team is..

Yeah, this Liverpool second - string side lacks quality (bar firmino) but guy.. Na our equally miserable team with that lunatic of a manager dem wan face so..
second string ko, first rope ni.........u're making it look/sound like they are using academy boys... only people missing are sturridge, coutinho and skrtel.. this is a full Liverpool squad...
LVG's united can be pathetic and frustrating at the same time but this Liverpool has their own issues which with proper game plan can be pounced on.
like I said, the worst result we should get from that match should be a draw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
tess1:

Against Liverpool?
All the matches I mean... we suppose beat Liverpool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
chrisley024:
I just dey laugh una.They have something we don't, and that's motivation. Do you think we would have equalized like they did? NO!
..... and that's coming from the bench..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
Odunharry:
All the matches I mean... we suppose beat Liverpool
Ok. Arsenal going to stoke, Chelsea hosting Everton. No other tough matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
afrodoc2:
I can only hope today's matches all end in draws. Best outcome for us

Only Leicester won.

My thought now is that we missed an opportunity to reduce the points between us and the top to seven.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:10am On Jan 14, 2016
saw this somewhere.... d guy just murdered Fellaini....lol, guys they vex oo
If there is one thing slower than Fellaini’s speed of movement, it’s his speed of thought.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:25am On Jan 14, 2016
MrTA:
I wont be watching our match at anfield on Sunday. I simply will not put myself through such disgrace of losing to Liverpool when you consider how we've been playing.

Good decision
I forsee a total destruction grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:27am On Jan 14, 2016
Odunharry:

All the matches I mean...
we suppose beat Liverpool

You said the same thing when you played Bournemouth!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:41am On Jan 14, 2016
Kemizee:
Funny that some here call Herrera average.The guy is a bloody good midfielder when used in a more advanced pyramid position.Moreso,Van Gaal's restrictive kind of football is negating players from playing to their strengths.Having no National team cap doesn't mean a player is not good enough.U av to look at d context of d country he is representing.As at 2013,David Silva,Isco,Mata,Javi Martinez,Fabregas,Carzola were all regulars on the Spanish National team because Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets reigned supreme.Dt doesn't mean they are average.As it stands,De Gea who is on current form the best GK in the worlf still has to contend with Casillas who is the media darling.Casillas will probably be first choice at next euros.Think abt that.Lets bring this closer home.Odion Ighalo was playing very well in d Championships yet Didn't av a Nigeria National cap until recently.Caps and appearances don't tell d whole story.

Cazorla who started playing early on in that era and had to contend with Xavi,Xabi alonso and busquests at their best has 77 caps
Koke who came towards the end and is younger than Herrera has 19 caps
Iturraspe who is his age mate and former team mate at Bilbao and is relatively unknown has caps
Raul Garcia, Susaeta have caps.

I am not saying caps tell the WHOLE story but in this case they give you a sign that maybe he is not as good as you guys here are making him to be. He is not a world class or great player but an average to slightly above average player Das all

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 6:03am On Jan 14, 2016
Premier league assists this season

Lukasz Fabianski 1

Memphis Depay 0

cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 6:49am On Jan 14, 2016
I'm already preparing my self mentally for another season without champions league... At this point, e go hard for any scoreline or match event to surprise me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 7:00am On Jan 14, 2016
PietroRico:
I'm already preparing my self mentally for another season without champions league... At this point, e go hard for any scoreline or match event to surprise me.

hmmnnn

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:11am On Jan 14, 2016
PietroRico:

I am afraid too. Without the players on injury returning, we will not play differently from the way we do now or give superior performances over our opponents. We need a solid defence to give us a good balance. I checked possible return dates for Valencia, Rojo and Phil Jones, it was disappointing.

Valencia won't be returning till end of February. Rojo not until middle of February. Jones hasn't a return date because his is complicated. Before November, the whole world agreed we were very good defensively. Except for Gaal's mistake in starting Blind, Carrick, Darmian and Schweinsteiger all at once against Arsenal, we did well in almost all the other matches.

If Shaw, Valencia and Jones have not been on a long term injury, we would surely have been on top of the league. Even, we didn't notice Blind lack of pace and height when Shaw played beside him because he covered so much for him.

I wonder why we didn't go to buy at least a defender this window. If McNair could even give us 90% of his performance last season, we wouldn't have a problem.

Another problem is that our back up players are too young and lack experience. Those days, Oshea would do a great job in the absence of one or two of our defenders. Put Oshea in full back or DM, you're not going to get past him and he modestly supports attack. Put him in central defence, he will do a job for you, you won't beat him on aerial due or catch him badly positioned.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:31am On Jan 14, 2016
Scummies worried about UCL.... wonders!
Don't ya'all know you are now the new Liverpool FC?
Go and ask Liverpool fans... they don't think about UCL anymore. It is high time you guys get your thinking right!
#EuropaLevel

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:57am On Jan 14, 2016
elampiro:

I am afraid too. Without the players on injury returning, we will not play differently from the way we do now or give superior performances over our opponents. We need a solid defence to give us a good balance. I checked possible return dates for Valencia, Rojo and Phil Jones, it was disappointing.

Valencia won't be returning till end of February. Rojo not until middle of February. Jones hasn't a return date because his is complicated. Before November, the whole world agreed we were very good defensively. Except for Gaal's mistake in starting Blind, Carrick, Darmian and Schweinsteiger all at once against Arsenal, we did well in almost all the other matches.

If Shaw, Valencia and Jones have not been on a long term injury, we would surely have been on top of the league. Even, we didn't notice Blind lack of pace and height when Shaw played beside him because he covered so much for him.

I wonder why we didn't go to buy at least a defender this window. If McNair could even give us 90% of his performance last season, we wouldn't have a problem.

Another problem is that our back up players are too young and lack experience. Those days, Oshea would do a great job in the absence of one or two of our defenders. Put Oshea in full back or DM, you're not going to get past him and he modestly supports attack. Put him in central defence, he will do a job for you, you won't beat him on aerial due or catch him badly positioned.
No be today we begin ask for a CB. If we had a consistent CB to partner Smalling, then, Blind would be at LB with Young on the LW to track back and cover his lack of pace. They also have good understanding of each other.

I wouldn't mind the amount spent to get that Stones this January. Dude is a good ball playing CB that LvG likes. There's a reason Rio has asked the club to get either him or Varane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:03am On Jan 14, 2016
chrisley024:
No be today we begin ask for a CB. If we had a consistent CB to partner Smalling, then, Blind would be at LB with Young on the LW to track back and cover his lack of pace. They also have good understanding of each other.

I wouldn't mind the amount spent to get that Stones this January. Dude is a good ball playing CB that LvG likes. There's a reason Rio has asked the club to get either him or Varane.

I mentioned Stones verbally to a friend last week, he replied that I have not been watching him because he thinks Stones is not better than McNair. He said he commits lots of errors.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:22am On Jan 14, 2016
elampiro:

I mentioned Stones verbally to a friend last week, he replied that I have not been watching him because he thinks Stones is not better than McNair. He said he commits lots of errors.

Stones is a Smalling 0.5 abeg...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:24am On Jan 14, 2016
chrisley024:

Injured Varane>>>>>>>>>>>> super fit Stones!!

Stones kor, sand ni!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:45am On Jan 14, 2016
chrisley024:

Varane and Stones are very good and promising youngsters... going to Manchester United for both will he absolutely disastrous and could mess their careers up.
So I say no to these current MUFC set up and management
#Truth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:13am On Jan 14, 2016
elampiro:

Stones has potential considering his age and very comfortable with the ball which is a bonus in recent football style of play. Every defender commits errors, even Ramos does almost per game. Considering his age he'll commit errors and you should also look at his team and their tactics. Martinez plays more of attacking football with little care on his defence, not to mention that Everton's defence has been made up of inexperienced defenders this season.

Let's be realistic here. We're not going to get Thiago or Ramos or even Varane. He's more feasible and there's a reason even Jose wanted him and Rio wants us to get him. And the person that compared him with McNair is seriously joking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:18am On Jan 14, 2016
Dadehmola:

Injured Varane>>>>>>>>>>>> super fit Stones!!

Stones kor, sand ni!
Why would I get another Jones here? I would take Stones simply cos Varane is hardly fit ( I've already tagged him injury prone) and already conversant with the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:36am On Jan 14, 2016
ElFenomeno1:

Varane and Stones are very good and promising youngsters... going to Manchester United for both will he absolutely disastrous and could mess their careers up.
So I say no to these current MUFC set up and management
#Truth
grin you've taken excess of it again abi?

One thing I like most about him is his confidence, though it becomes over sometimes. He's also comfortable with the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
You guys are just here talking plenty. LVG won't buy John Stones because;
1: Stones is a right CB which he already has Smalling, McNair and Jones.
2. He prefers left footed CB for the left CB position.

So you guys should just trash the idea make hope no kill una but Stones would be a very nice acquisition though.. If only McNair could have a run of games, dude has been injured too often this season and that has hampered his confidence level if not this talk of Stones for no surface.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
The Pedro you wanted for 20m just 6 months ago is now available for 15m......Buy him and get Oscar for free

Bonanza!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
bigkesh:
The Pedro you wanted for 20m just 6 months ago is now available for 15m......Buy him and get Oscar for free

Bonanza!!
U can keep ur Oscar. 5mill + Fellaini for Pedro and Zouma. Deal??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
devil Don dy catch those LA liga clubs... RM and ATM hit wit transfer bans.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Madrid given transfer ban for next two windows.

David DeGea go cry o. I feel sorry for him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) ... (14266) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07 and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.