Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,927 members, 7,895,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8966905 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) ... (14266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
That 3rd goal is sublime. Great team work. Really missed seeing Utd play like that.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
elampiro:

My fear too.

Our back makes me nervous. We kept a clean sheet but there was so many to worry about our defence.
There was no one shielding the back. Carrick and Morgan pair for me but it's expected when the team is attacking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
For consistency we need to keep Mata away from the RW position, encourage our full backs to continue to bombard forward like today, and play more forward passes.
Today we had less possession than Stoke but had over a dozen shots, if LVG does not follow this template then he is even more moronic than I thought.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
codedguy1:

Agreed! Just saying BPL comes with its own unexpected surprises.

Oga Mourinho also flirted with relegation with the same team that won last year! His team.

Would you contemplate thinking he is not THAT good after all? Just saying!

In life a man is quickly rounded up by the effectiveness of his most recent acts. This one na everyday exercise.

Jose Mourinho in whatever job he grabs next will be looking for redemption cuz the most recent tag of observers are that of epic failure. It is during long explanations you may start hearing of reputation of the man.

Klopp as of now is below average. No two ways.

Before LvG arrived here the perception was he's world class. As of this moment, many fans think he's mediocre & want him out by blood & thunder!
If LvG leaves United having won some trophies - among them the EPL or UCL, United fans will remember a world class manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
tess1:

I read he wasn't on the bench due to family illness
Odunharry:

There is a rumor Celtic want him
You guys just got me confused the more... Which one I wan take nw...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Didn't watch the match but from the highlights, i can tell Mata, Martial and Rooney did great...
That team called the Leicester City AKA Foxes really go about their business like foxes, they hunt in packs...
Arsenal just activated the free fall button...Elf, Pata, Kek, Spy and their band of rascals should free this thread for the main time...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:00am On Feb 03, 2016
SailorXY:

In life a man is quickly rounded up by the effectiveness of his most recent acts. This one na everyday exercise.

Jose Mourinho in whatever job he grabs next will be looking for redemption cuz the most recent tag of observers are that of epic failure. It is during long explanations you may start hearing of reputation of the man.

Klopp as of now is below average. No two ways.

Before LvG arrived here the perception was he's world class. As of this moment, many fans think he's mediocre & want him out by blood & thunder!
If LvG leaves United having won some trophies - among them the EPL or UCL, United fans will remember a world class manager.

So you are saying, going by Jose's resent performance with chelsea he is wack until he redeems himself with his next club.

His history does not matter? I thought to tag someone a world class coach/player the major criteria is that the individual would have given A performances consistently over a period of time to even dare mention his name as a world class.

So mourinho's exploits over the years cannot save him from being tagged a failure even though he had supposedly excelled in privious jobs, but can be judge to be a failure based on his one dismal season with chelsea?

Cut the guy some slack abeg, although I am one of those who don't want Jose anywhere near OT as a coach, you gat to give it to him regardless of his last term at chelsea.

He has his style that works for him to have achieved all that he did., that it failed him this last stint with chelsea is not enough to write him of.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 1:54am On Feb 03, 2016
chidexxy007:

You guys just got me confused the more... Which one I wan take nw...

Ryan Giggs absent from Old Trafford: Manchester United assistant on compassionate leave

Ryan Giggs was absent for Manchester United's game against Stoke City due to a family illness.

It was noted that the assistant manager had not taken up his usual seat in the Old Trafford dugout alongside Louis van Gaal, even sparking rumours that he was set to be appointed as Celtic manager.

However the reason for the former player's absence was compassionate leave due to a family illness.

Giggs missed a fine performance from Manchester United.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ryan-giggs-absent-from-old-trafford-manchester-united-assistant-on-compassionate-leave-a6849896.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 03, 2016
Seeee! Rooney is playing well and getting the goals and no one is cursing him or calling for his head. All we ask for is goals and good performances, not the steamy pile of shît he served us last yr and we'll get off his back.

As for LVG, i hope he doesn't get a brain seizure and allow the team play like dis with more freedom. Not everything is possession. We play like we did yesterday against Chelsea on Sunday, and we might just get our first win against Chelsea in 4 yrs!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 03, 2016
As for those doubting Mata, i hope u can now all see what he can do playing as a 10.

The key is to play direct, more attacking football. If our wingers can play through him, and with his quick thinking and finese, the goals will surely start pouring in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 6:42am On Feb 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Seeee! Rooney is playing well and getting the goals and no one is cursing him or calling for his head. All we ask for is goals and good performances, not the steamy pile of shît he served us last yr and we'll get off his back.

As for LVG, i hope he doesn't get a brain seizure and allow the team play like dis with more freedom. Not everything is possession. We play like we did yesterday against Chelsea on Sunday, and we might just get our first win against Chelsea in 4 yrs!!

Welcome to the Bridge, be prepared to be thrown off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 7:19am On Feb 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
As for those doubting Mata, i hope u can now all see what he can do playing as a 10.

The key is to play direct, more attacking football. If our wingers can play through him, and with his quick thinking and finese, the goals will surely start pouring in.

This is exactly what I told someone last night. allow mata play a free 10 and watch how he passes the ball with ease finding whomever he choose to give the ball with all accuracy. Just watch how the players enjoyed last night football, you can see it in their face allowing them play their game without the usual zombie possession football LVG is programming them to play.

Mata, Rooney, Lingard and Martial had a free game last night enjoying wat they are playing.

Borthwick Jackson is a future United fine defender. watchout for that lad.

I can't help but feel sorry for memphis. dude is losting it already to martial.

And as for Arsenal, we all know na initial gragra performance dem dey display. With the way Leicester and Tottenham are going, they might actually fall back to europa next season!

In all, I hope LVG will allow these guys play this freely in all other matches. but we know he's a stubborn human being with a fufu brain. Possession can stick with the midfielders, but leave the forwards alone and let them do their thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2016
Thank God for yesterday's win...

But... wink

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2016
Yesterday we played against a team that cannot play on the ground and with the personnel we deployed we were able to force them to play proper football. That's how we got the upper hand.

I have always said we were the only big team which had consistent great results over them under SAF because SAF always deployed players who can control and play on the ground against them. Scholes, Carrick, Rooney, Giggs and Park, and in 2013 Kagawa.

Yesterday, the return of Carrick was timely while we started Mata. With Blind and Jackson ability to pass and control, we made them clueless when we had the ball. Fellaini provided a balance with his ability to bring down the ball and his slow movements complimented the other guys.

We will have to wait to see how we fair against other teams that can also control a game. I still worry over players who are yet to return from injury. We need them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2016
afrodoc2:
For consistency we need to keep Mata away from the RW position, encourage our full backs to continue to bombard forward like today, and play more forward passes.
Today we had less possession than Stoke but had over a dozen shots, if LVG does not follow this template then he is even more moronic than I thought.

Mata on his blog says it's a new fluid system. I hope they continue using it. However El Gaffe might have a brain fart and decide to put everyone in straight jackets
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:57am On Feb 03, 2016
adebayo201:

But... wink
happy birthday comrade.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:13am On Feb 03, 2016
adebayo201:

But... wink

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 03, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Welcome to the Bridge, be prepared to be thrown off.
Iffa slap u ehn lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sirlaw2(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2016
adebayo201:

But... wink
Happy birthday mate

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2016
I hope oga LvG realises that possession is deployed as a strategy and not the essence of a match. I say this because his own seems like its the main essence of a game when players are scared of taking risk and all they want to do is not lose the ball so that they don't get benched.

we had less possession yesterday and won, leicester had about 37% possession and still saw off loosefools.

The next game will help us understand better!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:06am On Feb 03, 2016
codedguy1:
I hope oga LvG realises that possession is deployed as a strategy and not the essence of a match. I say this because his own seems like its the main essence of a game when players are scared of taking risk and all they want to do is not lose the ball so that they don't get benched.

we had less possession yesterday and won, leicester had about 37% possession and still saw off loosefools.

The next game will help us understand better!
Leicester doesn't give a danm about possession and currently topping the table. To hell with possession when you don't have the likes of Xavi and Scholes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2016
grin

FRUSTRATED ARSENE TRIES TO RACK KOEMAN IN THE EMIRATES TUNNEL AFTER THEIR 0-0 DRAW LAST NITE!

The shot fired that made wenger lose his marbles;

“It’s always the same with you. You had 10 chances to score and couldn’t take any of them so why have a go at the referees?”......koeman!!!

Cc: elfwanker and patakshite!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2016
chrisley024:
Leicester doesn't give a danm about possession and currently topping the table. To hell with possession when you don't have the likes of Xavi and Scholes.

Lvg's style of possession is what is irritating fans. Having possession in itself is not a bad strategy but when there is no forward thrust that lead to chance created, attempts on goal and goals it becomes useless and senseless and to think that that's what we have been serving is just torture for any United fan coupled with the fact that oga Lvg does not see anything wrong with it. Heck, he even praises his possession without result style.

Let's wait for the next game! Whether its chesea or Sunderland should not matter.

funlord:
grin
FRUSTRATED ARSENE TRIES TO RACK KOEMAN IN THE EMIRATES TUNNEL AFTER THEIR 0-0 DRAW LAST NITE!
“It’s always the same with you. You had 10 chances to score and couldn’t take any of them so why have a go at the referees?”......koeman!!!

Why Wenger dey vex! Its february na. We all know what happens to Arsenal in february.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:41am On Feb 03, 2016
codedguy1:

Why Wenger dey vex! Its february na. We all know what happens to Arsenal in february.

You dey mind the _wanker! The draw pain am die! They are now 4th as per "fourphy lovers"! Lol!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2016
Fellaini had a solid game last night, way to go.

Morgan probably rested for the next game.
This was how a run started last season - Carrick returned & LvG freed shackles. It culminated into the best displays of his United career till date, sweeping aside formidable teams & securing a UCL place.

Let's hope for something similar!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
I no watch yesterday match but I dey read good things for here hopefully we go continue like this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 4:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
olabode89:

Kirchhoff spent over 5 years in the Burndisleaguedown and we saw the dividend of his football brain yesterday.... oooshi
chidexxy007:

its not mata of money miss road. since he's coming from Bayern and a "technically" better league than EPL, he should fit in seamlessly @lowly Sunderland. Sumtimes tink b4 answering #no offence and please remind me where lewis holtby and d German messi Marco Marin is.

Sunderland played Man City yesterday and this was what the fans had to say about Kirchoff the Bayern and Bundesliga reject/ waste product vs one of EPL best offence

Jan Kirchhoff’s man of the match performance was the best by any midfielder in the Premier League this season, insists Sam Allardyce.

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/safc-match-analysis/jan-kirchhoff-s-display-best-by-any-midfielder-in-premier-league-this-season-1-7711921#ixzz3z7QbqIuT

Kirchoff made it difficult for City to extend the advantage provided by Sergio Aguero. He touched the ball 90 times, more than any player on the pitch, ahead of influential opponent David Silva (87).

He won three aerial duels, and won six tackles, with five interceptions
, each the highest among the Sunderland side.

Here is a look at how Sunderland fans reacted to his display on Twitter...
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/02/sunderland-fans-react-on-twitter-to-jan-kirchoffs-performance/

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno2: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
scummies i come in peace, don't get excited yet be the fluke win against the potter in LVG we trust grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
ElFenomeno2:
scummies i come in peace, don't get excited yet be the fluke win against the potter in LVG we trust grin
no come ruin the positivity for here or you go comot in pieces
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno2: 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
SIRcumalot:

no come ruin the positivity for here or you go comot in pieces
can there be anything positive about this useless club?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno2: 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
funlord:
grin

STFU you bleep scum, already bugging my mentions because of a lucky 3points.
Still doesnt change the fact you are 5 points below us tw@t scum you and that useless Akindanidani

(1) (2) (3) ... (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) ... (14266) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, ucsquare(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.