Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,598 members, 7,941,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9125100 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (14360) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
So what time did Cleverly switched from midfield. Up to 49 minute when United conceded he played deeply in the middle beside Carrick. And Anderson also interchanging with them.

Someone should watch this and come and witness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
On 62nd minute Anderson, Cleverly and Giggs went out. From 0 minute to 62miute Cleverly and Anderson played in the middle of the midfield. Cleverly particularly,sat back leveled with Carrick while we defended and Anderson being the more who adventured forward. Sometimes they interchanged roles but Carrick was more the sitting guy, but when he ventured forward Cleverly covered for him more than Anderson.

Januzaj played more from the right flank and Giggs more from the left flank. Cleverly and Anderson had nothing to do with wing in the match. Let's be sincere in our comments here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
elampiro:
When someone resort to insults instead of engaging in a logical argument, it is clear he has run out of ideas.

you have been beaten hands down in the argument. anderson/cleverley started together as central midfielders and united were winning in all the games with the 2 of them on the pitch! if you add the city game(community shield), reading(fa cup), cluj(europe) and newcastle(league cup) then you have 10 games won!

FACT:
Anderson and Cleverly have only won three league matches when started alone. If this was a strong streak, no one would be clamouring for Thiago and co. I reiterate my position that they have not been tested enough. Period!

what a disgraceful line of thought....
barcelona had xavi and iniesta, why did they buy cesc, song, mascherano? why did they promote busquets and thiago? so if anderson should get injured again, who would replace him? you or the king of your village?

the only reason people are clamouring for thiago n co is because of injuries.....and bodies have to be replaced. we have not replaced scholes, hargreaves and fletcher since they left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
Just heard Bayern has agreed a fee for thiago, meant to be 20mill euros.

So no Strootman and no thiago.

Is it Gibson,Osman and co we'll sign? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
yup its on soccernet too.
well i guess we miss out on a very good young player but he might miss out on his 2014 world cup dreams too cos there is far more competition in bayern
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mr_TA: Just heard Bayern has agreed a fee for thiago, meant to be 20mill euros.
A mere €20m....just saw the news myself, its either united was never serious in getting him or any other player this summer or they intent to make big name signings... I have a hunch its the former
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by yemmight(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mr_TA: Just heard Bayern has agreed a fee for thiago, meant to be 20mill euros.

Just in the news the signing of Thiago by Bayern. This is painful. Somebody is here deffending Rooney that will never be of us to us while we keep loosing useful targets.if Man U start the seasons with the likes of Rooney, Giggs and co, I bet it we will never end up as top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
i dey siddon look.hearing rumors about gareth bale,cristiano ronaldo....is it that there is nobody in the entire United organisation with eyes to see the gaping chasm in central midfield?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
afrodoc: i dey siddon look.hearing rumors about gareth bale,cristiano ronaldo....is it that there is nobody in the entire United organisation with eyes to see the gaping chasm in central midfield?
Fergie did well to choose a replacement who is also very happy with the squad & doesn't see a reason to get a CM...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
i am suspecting fellaini is d CM target moyes has in mind.if he does come i just pray he becomes a success cos i hav serious doubts abt d guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
afrodoc: i am suspecting fellaini is d CM target moyes has in mind.if he does come i just pray he becomes a success cos i hav serious doubts abt d guy
right nau, we do not av a choice... He shouLd come
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
there are always choices especially this early in the transfer window.the club just has to be proactive that is all.
i believe we need a player who is mobile,good defensively but also importantly very good in possession especially passing(not necessarily through passes etc but recycling the ball).fellaini doesn't really fit that description
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nawa! Those wey get enof still de collect more while those wey no get went n bought Varel* de find Baines ontop.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
afrodoc: there are always choices especially this early in the transfer window.the club just has to be proactive that is all.
i believe we need a player who is mobile,good defensively but also importantly very good in possession especially passing(not necessarily through passes etc but recycling the ball).fellaini doesn't really fit that description
Fellaini and Carrick in d mid? That'll be the dullest mid in Europe!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
chrisley024: Fellaini and Carrick in d mid? That'll be the dullest mid in Europe!
i said i would prefer United not signing him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
coogar:

you have been beaten hands down in the argument. anderson/cleverley started together as central midfielders and united were winning in all the games with the 2 of them on the pitch! if you add the city game(community shield), reading(fa cup), cluj(europe) and newcastle(league cup) then you have 10 games won!

what a disgraceful line of thought....
barcelona had xavi and iniesta, why did they buy cesc, song, mascherano? why did they promote busquets and thiago? so if anderson should get injured again, who would replace him? you or the king of your village?

the only reason people are clamouring for thiago n co is because of injuries.....and bodies have to be replaced. we have not replaced scholes, hargreaves and fletcher since they left.

I have no need to argue further when I discovered they partnered in the midfield yesterday and they lost.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
yemmight:

Just in the news the signing of Thiago by Bayern. This is painful. Somebody is here deffending Rooney that will never be of us to us while we keep loosing useful targets.if Man U start the seasons with the likes of Rooney, Giggs and co, I bet it we will never end up as top 4.

Na wai! So I guess it was Thiago lacacera that has been helping us to top four and tittles?

Let's wake up to reality. Thiago is not Neyman. Sneidja with all his experience didn't come and we have won the EPL twice.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
The fees is 20m.

The rest of the fees would be paid by Thiago himself.

Some other part would be paid from the proceeds from the friendly between the two clubs.

What happened to the ball De Gea who signed the ball for Thiago to come to Man U
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
not too intrude on your debate with coogar but in his defense he did say when they play together i.e partner in a 2 man midfield.
so the crucial things there are TOGETHER and 2 MAN MIDFIELD.yesterday was basically a 3 man midfield with carrick sitting,cleverley linking and anderson making runs ahead,it wasnt a 2 man partnership
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
afrodoc: i dey siddon look.hearing rumors about gareth bale,cristiano ronaldo....is it that there is nobody in the entire United organisation with eyes to see the gaping chasm in central midfield?

The lastest rumours is Modric. But I am relaxed becuase I believe the club knows best. Moyes can see better than us. He is more experienced than us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu: In the 20m part of the fees would be paid by Thiago himself.

Some other part would be paid from the proceeds from the friendly between the two clubs.

ok.just wanted to ask ur opinion on how thiago is integrated into ur team going forward i.e in a way that he gets d first team opportunities he wants.also which of the players already there will b the big losers?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
If Thiago Lacasera likes let him go to Man City. He is not the best young midfielder in the world. If he didn't want to sign for United will the club kill themselves? You cannot always get what you want and every rational human being has to prioritized.

I honestly believe the club will come out triumph at the end in the transfer market. I even prefer a certain Brazilian midfielder in the confederation cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
afrodoc:

ok.just wanted to ask ur opinion on how thiago is integrated into ur team going forward i.e in a way that he gets d first team opportunities he wants.also which of the players already there will b the big losers?

I'm on mobile I would answer you later. I suspect Martinez would move to defence leaving Bastian kroos and Thiago in midfield. Gotze Robbery Muller battles in attack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
elampiro:

The lastest rumours is Modric. But I am relaxed becuase I believe the club knows best. Moyes can see better than us. He is more experienced than us.

i have always had that opinion too ,i hope the board and manager dont disappoint this time.to the guy who said there are no alternatives to fellaini there are several disgruntled world class players at RM,Barca,Bayern etc right now.
RM just bought Isco and Illaramendi for big bucks and they are Spanish plus Ancelotti is a Kaka admirer.Modric and Khedira would surely find opportunities limited.Alex Song is gaining weight on the Barca bench and some Bayern stars will soon start getting accustomed to their own bench too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2013
elampiro: If Thiago Lacasera likes let him go to Man City. He is not the best young midfielder in the world. If he didn't want to sign for United will the club kill themselves? You cannot always get what you want and every rational human being has to prioritized.

I honestly believe the club will come out triumph at the end in the transfer market. I even prefer a certain Brazilian midfielder in the confederation cup.

Who is the best young midfielder in the world
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
afrodoc:

i have always had that opinion too ,i hope the board and manager dont disappoint this time.to the guy who said there are no alternatives to fellaini there are several disgruntled world class players at RM,Barca,Bayern etc right now.
RM just bought Isco and Illaramendi for big bucks and they are Spanish plus Ancelotti is a Kaka admirer.Modric and Khedira would surely find opportunities limited.Alex Song is gaining weight on the Barca bench and some Bayern stars will soon start getting accustomed to their own bench too

So we should waiting for the rejects of the other teams?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
elampiro:

Na wai! So I guess it was Thiago lacacera that has been helping us to top four and tittles?

Let's wake up to reality. Thiago is not Neyman. Sneidja with all his experience didn't come and we have won the EPL twice.

We no longer have the luxury of one of the greatest managers of all time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
depends on who you qualify as a midfielder,what you mean by young and what ur parameters are.there would always be disagreement on who the best at anything is in football(apart from best footballer LOL) but players like Gotze,Gundogan,Wilshere,Oscar,Isco have all performed consistently at club level on a weekly basis.....we have only seen month long cameos of what Thiago can do.i am not saying he is over rated but best young midfielder is up for debate IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Cleverly grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Paulinho may not be as young as Thiago but to me he is a better player than Thiago. He will immediately bridge the gap.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mr_TA:

We no longer have the luxury of one of the greatest managers of all time.

Well, I will still wait and see. Moyes wouldn't want to be shamed at the end of the season. He too has said he has been given unlimited budget. So I want to believe someone great is coming. May be two or three.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
elampiro:

No more high hopes 4 me anymore in our transfer until I see them confirmed officially on MU. website

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (14360) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kimbeast, jackest1(m), Yemike(m), WizardRahl and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.