Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,591 members, 7,929,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9091268 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (14312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

The level Thiago plays right now is better than what 70% of matured midfielders can offer, If he improves he would even be better

[size=16pt]Now Man Utd fans who is your daddy?[/size]

Who are those 70%. Let him play one full season before we can even rate him. Not these media stuff. He is just an £18m, how much was Moura, Hazard, etc.

Let him playe to enable us see. In your mind he is better than Toure, Pirlo etc abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
elampiro:

Will Thiago make Chelsea team? No.

Was it not Thiago that was rumoured to be fighting for appearance clause while United approached (If true though)?

Thiago would captain Chelsea easily. The same Chelsea Hazard and Oscar became instant regulars and have Lampard still running midifeld with Ramires and Mikel?

I laff in STamford bridge
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Was Illaramendi not in the Spanish U-21 team where Thiago was pissing in everyones nostrils?

Pissing in everyone's nostrils at Under 21? When Illarra dey beast the midfield against Barca in La Liga, making dem Xavi look like mortals, wey Thiago bin dey?

Even Chrisantus show imm logo for Under level. Ayew gan reign for Under - That is as far as it goes. Under, strictly Under. The real deals are those rubbing it with the high and mighty, not some competition organised to keep juveniles off the street and jails.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
Was it not Thiago that played for Barca against United in the preseason of last year? And we think he is better than our guys when we subdued Barca in that match? Now I see what SAF and co saw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
elampiro:

Who are those 70%. Let him play one full season before we can even rate him. Not these media stuff. He is just an £18m, how much was Moura, Hazard, etc.

Let him playe to enable us see. In your mind he is better than Toure, Pirlo etc abi?

Was that not the same Pirlo and Toure that Toni Kroos and the Bayern midfield took a monster dump on and Gundogan even did a repeat on Toure again?

Are players judged by their fee? How much does Torres cost vs How much Suarez cost?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
nitlad:

Pissing in everyone's nostrils at Under 21? When Illarra dey beast the midfield against Barca in La Liga, making dem Xavi look like mortals, wey Thiago bin dey?

Even Chrisantus show imm logo for Under level. Ayew gan reign for Under - That is as far as it goes. Under, strictly Under. The real deals are those rubbing it with the high and mighty, not some competition organised to keep juveniles off the street and jails.

Illara and Thiago were in the same team, And Thiago was head and shoulders above Illaramendi.

Illaramendi ko, Agbonavbare ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 11:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Thiago would captain Chelsea easily. The same Chelsea Hazard and Oscar became instant regulars and have Lampard still running midifeld with Ramires and Mikel?

The same Chelsea that destroyed the pack of shït that you call world class midfield for Bayern.cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
nitlad:

LWKMD.But in all honesty it looks like Thiago's skill set would translate very well into the senior game.he is not bigger,stronger or faster at under 21 level,he is just better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
nitlad:

The same Chelsea that destroyed the pack of shït that you call world class midfield for Bayern.cheesy

Where that Chelsea dey now? A champion getting knocked out of group stage. The same Juve that Molested you couldnt get a shot on target vs Bayern in 180minute
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Illara and Thiago were in the same team, And Thiago was head and shoulders above Illaramendi.

Illaramendi ko, Agbonavbare ni

Illarra and Thiago were in the same Division and we both know who saw their stock and value rise at the end of the day. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Oscar will captain Barca easily.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Where that Chelsea dey now? A champion getting knocked out of group stage. The same Juve that Molested you couldnt get a shot on target vs Bayern in 180minute

Bayern and Chelsea directly contested for prize, we both know how that ended - Chelsea easily shoved Bayern aside to snatch what they thought they already had in the bag from their grasp. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 15, 2013
It still baffles me hw an inexperienced bench warmer like thiago could hav beeen touted as solution to our midfield, wen we threw away a pogba dt was already familiar with d club's ways, and wldnt even nid to "settle down and acclamatize to his new environment". Has it gotten so bad for us to d extent dt we were actually willing to pay 25m, for a bench warmer to cme and solve our midfield problems, wen we cld hav bought modric earlier?? Hw much modric wan dey collect, wey we no ft pay dt time sef?? Or hw much spurs wan collect wey we no ft pay, despite d fact dt, just 2yrs or so earlier, we still paid 30m for a 28yr old berbatov, wen we had ronaldo, rooney and tevez banging in goals oo.instead, fergie was more interested in hw giggs wld play till d age 65! We hav only carrick, cleverly and ando as d only senior CMF's in d squad, and yet fergie was talking opaks about him leaving behind a team with d right mix of playrs at d right age. Screw u, fergie!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:04am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:

Was that not the same Pirlo and Toure that Toni Kroos and the Bayern midfield took a monster dump on and Gundogan even did a repeat on Toure again?

Are players judged by their fee? How much does Torres cost vs How much Suarez cost?

If Thiago was so good he wouldn't have been 18m. See Neymar. Barca were hoping they will sell Thiago for 80m plus, but his market crashed after some games exposed him. He is just a junior player. That's all. Was it not Thiago who played against United last year? Our midfielders did better than him in that match. He is overhyped and SAF and his fellows knew why they didn't push for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On Jul 15, 2013
dademola: It still baffles me hw an inexperienced bench warmer like thiago could hav beeen touted as solution to our midfield, wen we threw away a pogba dt was already familiar with d club's ways, and wldnt even nid to "settle down and acclamatize to his new environment". Has it gotten so bad for us to d extent dt we were actually willing to pay 25m, for a bench warmer to cme and solve our midfield problems, wen we cld hav bought modric earlier?? Hw much modric wan dey collect, wey we no ft pay dt time sef?? Or hw much spurs wan collect wey we no ft pay, despite d fact dt, just 2yrs or so earlier, we still paid 30m for a 28yr old berbatov, wen we had ronaldo, rooney and tevez banging in goals oo.instead, fergie was more interested in hw giggs wld play till d age 65! We hav only carrick, cleverly and ando as d only senior CMF's in d squad, and yet fergie was talking opaks about him leaving behind a team with d right mix of playrs at d right age. Screw u, fergie!!

That was the same way Bayern bought a benchwarmer called Roben and won the Champions League, Inter bought the benchwarmer called Sneijder and won the Champions League.

The same Pogba you called a benchwarmer and is now beasting with Juventus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2013
elampiro:

If Thiago was so good he wouldn't have been 18m. See Neymar. Barca were hoping they will sell Thiago for 80m plus, but his market crashed after some games exposed him. He is just a junior player. That's all. Was it not Thiago who played against United last year? Our midfielders did better than him in that match. He is overhyped and SAF and his fellows knew why they didn't push for him.

Thiagos buyout clause was 18m till July 31 when it would go up to 90m.

When Thiago played vs United last yr did you win?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:10am On Jul 15, 2013
nitlad:

Bayern and Chelsea directly contested for prize, we both know how that ended - Chelsea easily shoved Bayern aside to snatch what they thought they already had in the bag from their grasp. cheesy

When Bayern was winning 2 months ago where was Che;lsea? Battling with Startak Prague, Rubin Kazan and Gypsies?

Chelsea are not competent enough to compete with the big boys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:

That was the same way Bayern bought a benchwarmer called Roben and won the Champions League, Inter bought the benchwarmer called Sneijder and won the Champions League.

The same Pogba you called a benchwarmer and is now easting with Juventus
dt was y i used d word "inexperienced".prior to der moves, Schneider and robben had shown d world wat dey kld do. Juve didnt buy pogba to solve any midfield problem,either.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:26am On Jul 15, 2013
Thiago lacasera was on for 90 minutes when Anderson and Cleverly marshaled our midfield to beat Barca 2-1. So why do we even need him when our boys are better. He is just over rated.

Manchester United (4-4-2): De Gea; Rafael (Fabio, 17), Vidic, (Jones, 76) Evans, Evra (Smalling, ht); Nani, Cleverley, Anderson (Giggs, ht), Young (Obertan, 62); Rooney (Owen, ht), Welbeck (Diouf, 77). Subs not used: Lindegaard, Amos, Jones, Ferdinand, Carrick, Park, Berbatov, Macheda.

Barcelona (4-1-4-1): Valdés; Dos Santos (Muniesa, 62), Busquets, Fontàs (Lozano, 73), Abidal (Balliu, 73); Keita; Afellay (Cuenca, 42), Thiago, Iniesta, Pedro (Espinosa, 86); Villa (Carmona, 62). Subs not used: Piqué, Puyol, Xavi, Jeffrén, Pinto, Riverola, Maxwell, Masip.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/31/manchester-united-barcelona-friendly-report
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:27am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:

Thiagos buyout clause was 18m till July 31 when it would go up to 90m.

When Thiago played vs United last yr did you win?

He didn't play last year, it was two years ago. I got it mixed up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 12:28am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:

We simply bitchslapped Man Utd to Thiago.
It was even small money 20m for a player like Thiago is a steal. If Barca had managed him well his buyout clause would have been 90m.
I'm really really suprised Man U didn't go all out for him! Maybe he was simply not a David Moyes type of player which would be suprising as guys like Pienaar,Fellaini possess a bit of flair

Barca have been dropping the managerial ball lately! First Villa for a mere pittance and now this

dayokanu:
Thiago we bought for 20m can go for 35 in a few months. Illaramendi just sold for 38m Its because Man Utd is no longer seen as a top destination, Gone were the days players dreamt of playing for Ferguson, Now who would want to play for David mudafucking Moyes?? Thats why I thought the Moyes signing was faulty.
I don't think Man U even put together a bid for him so its not a situation where he snubbed them or anything like that. All this talk of Bale and Ronaldo is rather laughable when they can't launch a bid for Thiago who is younger and cheaper and addresses their most pressing need

dayokanu:

Kroos has always been an effective possesion weapon many people underrate and I think he is better than many players of his age
Kroos is one of the finest midfielders in Europe! Its not even up for debate his technique,vision,passing range and playmaking abilities is top notch plus he is only 23 which means he hasn't even reached his ceiling yet! I hope Thiago does not think he is guaranteed a first team shirt! Its the European Champions he is coming to not just any club

afrodoc:

that list is a tough one to rank i accept.i wont rily argue either way this is one of the best crops of young midfielders football has been blessed with BUT i think Gotze and Thiago are the best of the lot.
for thiago u cant bar favoritism cos we r all human and remember that promises have already been made concerning his chances of making next year's world cup
That is actually my biggest worry! That Thiago gets there by favoritism! Gotze is an upgrade on Kroos but I don't think the rest are bar Gundogan as neither of them have proven themselves consistently for the last 2-3 seasons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On Jul 15, 2013
And this was how Thiago pissed on the Man Utd midfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7uqJHcLznc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:38am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu: And this was how Thiago pissed on the Man Utd midfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7uqJHcLznc

And which midfield won at the end?

It's Monday already I want to sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:

Paulinho that's almost same age with Messi and Fabregas and has never played a minute in Europe.

Are Poland and Lithuania no longer part of Europe? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

I don't think Man U even put together a bid for him so its not a situation where he snubbed them or anything like that.

That's what I think as well - journos just make up things as they go and desperate fans lap it up as fact.

As for Bayern, there will definitely be departures - if not now, in January/next summer to cater for the arrival of Goetze and Thiago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:00am On Jul 15, 2013
Some fans eeh! So the guy is now not good enough for United?.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 15, 2013
chrisley024: Some fans eeh! So the guy is now not good enough for United?.
make guys console themselves now..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2013
chrisley024: Some fans eeh! So the guy is now not good enough for United?.

Hahahaha.

But if you watch my comments all these while, I have never been desperate for anything. I just believe the club knows best.

I am only desperate for a solid addition to the midfield and let the player hit form and not one who wil flop because you can never know. Modric is not able to repeat his form at Madrid, etc.

If I am desperate, it's for Rooney to stay because I am not comfortable with us without him yet. By January, my stand on that can change depending on what I see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:38am On Jul 15, 2013
E don enta Fabregas now!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:22am On Jul 15, 2013
Make una leave Man Utd with all these back & forth rumor bull**** in the end, we'll know where we stand
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
What the press people do is to listen to any sign of direction from the coach or team member, then the next minute it's speculation all around it. If SAF says. A big player and a young player, media will say its Ronaldo or Bales and Thiago or Strootman. If the club says they are looking at the left back, media will say Evra is concluding a deal with Monaco and Baines is here already. If Moyes say he has an unlimited budget and the midfield is a priority, then the media must look for who that big midfield player is. He must be Fabregas, he must be Modric, he must be Bales or even Xavi.

Any media house that refuses to speculate will not sell because it's like part of the fantasy and thrill the people want in the absence of league football. Even Spanish papers and the rest countries are not left out. It appears worse in England because we speak and read English.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
debosky:

That's what I think as well - journos just make up things as they go and desperate fans lap it up as fact.

As for Bayern, there will definitely be departures - if not now, in January/next summer to cater for the arrival of Goetze and Thiago.
Its silly season for a reason! There would always be some crazy speculation such as: Arsenal bidding 30 million pounds for Suarez grin grin

Actually we have some young boys that need to go on loan for some gametime. Are y'all interested? Emre Can and Pierre Hojbjerg are improvements over what you have in your midfield plus Gotze and Thiago have more or less come in for Tymoschuk and Mario Gomez then there's Pizarro going next summer as well its really not that complicated if Pep's selection is performance based and not just according to his preferences!

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (14312) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.