Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,592 members, 7,929,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9091304 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (14312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
fabregas isn't happening, don't get your hopes up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Mr_TA: fabregas isn't happening, don't get your hopes up.
it a PR stunt, so obvious.. The way all the giant media houses broke the news.. Abegiii
United needs to sell some season tickets you know grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

Its silly season for a reason! There would always be some crazy speculation such as: Arsenal bidding 30 million pounds for Suarez grin grin

30m in monopoly money maybe. grin grin

Actually we have some young boys that need to go on loan for some gametime. Are y'all interested? Emre Can and Pierre Hojbjerg are improvements over what you have in your midfield

Better than who? Even Eisfeld and Kris Olsson are better than them. We don't need more young midfielders - ask Chelski - they seem to be more interested in stockpiling them. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
debosky:

30m in monopoly money maybe. grin grin
Hahahahaha why couldn't you guys just get Wilfried Bony (he went to Swansea for 12m) or some medium priced striker. All dem Higuain,Suarez no dey Arsenal level na

debosky:
Better than who? Even Eisfeld and Kris Olsson are better than them. We don't need more young midfielders - ask Chelski - they seem to be more interested in stockpiling them. cheesy
Kris Olsson ko Kris Oyakhilome ni. Those guys are better than Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

Hahahahaha why couldn't you guys just get Wilfried Bony (he went to Swansea for 12m) or some medium priced striker. All dem Higuain,Suarez no dey Arsenal level na

Bony would 'kill' Sanogo cheesy cheesy

Kris Olsson ko Kris Oyakhilome ni. Those guys are better than Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey already

Better how? Remember - Rambo was a member of the midfield that shyte all over Kroos and co at the Allianz. Those nonames you mentioned didn't even make the bench.

@ scumtwats

Do y'all really want Cesc? I know a way you can get him - sell Wenger Nani for £10m and we'll set aside our right of first refusal on Cesc. Deal? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
Errm Barca would probably not sell Cesc

debosky:

Bony would 'kill' Sanogo cheesy cheesy

Better how? Remember - Rambo was a member of the midfield that shyte all over Kroos and co at the Allianz. Those nonames you mentioned didn't even make the bench.
Shyte? Loool well no be your fault na ninjas like Robben I blame
21 shots vs 5 and you claim yall shyted on our midfield? I can also say Wayne Routledge shyted on your midfield when Swansea came to defecate at the Emirates I guess using that logic he could also start at Arsenal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

Shyte? Loool well no be your fault na ninjas like Robben I blame
21 shots vs 5 and you claim yall shyted on our midfield? I can also say Wayne Routledge shyted on your midfield when Swansea came to defecate at the Emirates I guess using that logic he could also start at Arsenal
You can use any logic you want - just don't be comparing Bayern's ball boys with players who have bossed games they can't even dream about featuring in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
debosky:
You can use any logic you want - just don't be comparing Bayern's ball boys with players who have bossed games they can't even dream about featuring in.
How do you boss a game where you were outpossessed and outgunned?? Go and revisit what it means to boss something
Like Ramsey would get a game at Bayern! Lmao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
debosky:

Bossing a game yet getting knocked out surely you know how to win battles and lose wars
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
dayo must be high on pawpaw leaves...

gotze and kroos better than oscar and isco? grin this is acute stupidity at it's best. on that list, the german midfielders would not be in the top 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
I think Barca will sell Fab if we showed considerable interest...forget Wenger; if he could sell RVP, he could sell Arsenal itself - all it takes is one call for Baba and Wenger will gladly take his money and walk!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
coogar: dayo must be high on pawpaw leaves...

gotze and kroos better than oscar and isco? grin this is acute stupidity at it's best. on that list, the german midfielders would not be in the top 3.

Of them all there is no doubt that Gotze is the most talented followed by Kroos Thiago and Gundogan.

The question is where would Cleverly rank among young midfielders in Europe?

Top 50, Top 150 or top 1500

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
RuuDie: I think Barca will sell Fab if we showed considerable interest...forget Wenger; if he could sell RVP, he could sell Arsenal itself - all it takes is one call for Baba and Wenger will gladly take his money and walk!

I dont think Barca would sell Fabregas cos since they have Neymar in offense Fab is one of the 1st sub for the midfield position and Xavi is getting older. he is 33yrs now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
Moyes is beginning to confuse me with his comments regarding Rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:
Of them all there is no doubt that Gotze is the most talented followed by Kroos Thiago and Gundogan.

The question is where would Cleverly rank among young midfielders in Europe?

Top 50, Top 150 or top 1500

cleverley is better than all these names minus oscar. go and watch cleverley again when he faced thiago and iniesta in a 87,000 packed stadium..... cleverley's biggest problem is his fitness. when fit, there's no better pass and move midfielder in the whole of europe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDtXiBxeccM#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
Fabregas buy-out clause is around €200 m.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
coogar:

cleverley is better than all these names minus oscar. go and watch cleverley again when he faced thiago and iniesta in a 87,000 packed stadium..... cleverley's biggest problem is his fitness. when fit, there's no better pass and move midfielder in the whole of europe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDtXiBxeccM#

Watch this little man called ilkay gundogan as a start vs the great midfield of Ozil, Modric, Alonso Khedira

Thats Gundogan in Champions league knockout football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTi0NOOO1Zc

Inside Dortmund’s famous Westfalenstadion against Malaga, Gündoğan showed masterful passing accuracy. The German international of Turkish decent completed 91% of his passes, a figure which is consistent with his Bundesliga season average of 87%. More impressive still is the fact that 65% of all his passes this season in the league have been forward, which indicates his ability to start attacks and feed Dortmund’s creative front-line.

Against Real Madrid last night, He provided the link from defence to attack, allowing Marco Reus and Jakub Błaszczykowski to attack the Real Madrid back-line. His passing in the final third reveals an intelligent and disciplined player who is able to follow instructions with an uncanny nature; he finished the match with a pass completion rate of 88%.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:
Watch this little man called ilkay gundogan as a start vs the great midfield of Ozil, Modric, Alonso Khedira

rubbish!
kagawa did better than that @ dortmund and won titles.....there's nothing to suggest gundogan would sparkle in the premier league. midfielders who play here are infinitely better than the substandard bundesliga....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
coogar:

rubbish!
kagawa did better than that @ dortmund and won titles.....there's nothing to suggest gundogan would sparkle in the premier league. midfielders who play here are infinitely better than the substandard bundesliga....

His royal domination of EPL best midfielder Yaya Toure is evident of that. Picking up from where Toni kroos left it 2 seasons ago

Just like theres nothing to suggest Cleverly would get a shirt in Rubin Kazan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu:

His royal domination of EPL best midfielder Yaya Toure is evident of that. Picking up from where Toni kroos left it 2 seasons ago

Just like theres nothing to suggest Cleverly would get a shirt in Rubin Kazan

no midfielder has sodomised yaya toure more than tom cleverley in the whole of europe. when cleverley plays, toure is quiet on the pitch. yaya toure is inert. he cannot turn or catch up with any pass & move players. go and watch the victory at the etihad once again and see how cleverley taught yaya a lesson in how to hijack a midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

How do you boss a game where you were outpossessed and outgunned?? Go and revisit what it means to boss something
Like Ramsey would get a game at Bayern! Lmao

Outgunned? Arsenal scored two goals in that game, Bayern scored none. Can you explain what it means to be outgunned?

Last I checked, winning games was the requirement - Or did you get points for greater possession and shots in that game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
coogar: dayo must be high on pawpaw leaves...

The same Dayo that claimed Paulinho didn't play a minute in Europe before signing for Tottenham. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
debosky:

Outgunned? Arsenal scored two goals in that game, Bayern scored none. Can you explain what it means to be outgunned?

Last I checked, winning games was the requirement - Or did you get points for greater possession and shots in that game?

The requirement was progressing to the next stage which the bayern boys did. And the Arsenal boys ended trophyless for the 8th season in a row
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
@Coogar Are you being serious or sarcastic about cleverly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
Manchester United have made a bid of £25m to bring Cesc Fabregas back to England, according to Sky sources.

The Barcelona midfielder has repeatedly said he wants to stay at his hometown club despite difficulty winning over some supporters last season.

That was his second year back in Catalonia following his return from Arsenal, who reportedly have first refusal on Fabregas if Barca decide to sell.

United's offer is believed to be below Barcelona's valuation of the Spain international.

United are searching for a creative midfield presence to offset the loss of newly-retired Paul Scholes.

Fabregas would become the second former Arsenal captain at Old Trafford, alongside Robin van Persie, if the Premier League champions managed to pull off a deal.

Speaking last month, Fabregas confirmed he is happy at Barcelona and dismissed talk of his departure by reiterating his desire to stay at the Camp Nou.

"I've always said that I'm happy at Barca. Whoever says that I'm leaving doesn't know me and has never spoken with me," said the 26-year-old.

"Nor with my agent, because he knows that I don't want him to talk with other people about me. I'm very private and I don't even talk about these things with my family.

"If someone says anything that isn't that I want to play at Barca, it's completely absurd."

New United manager David Moyes is still waiting to make his first signing after missing out on Thiago Alcantara after the midfielder left Barcelona for a reunion with Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.

"I will not name anybody, but certainly we are always looking at the best players. I think we are trying to strengthen in a couple of areas. We are short in midfield."
David Moyes
However, Moyes says he has money to spend this summer and that the Red Devils are looking to land 'the best players' around.

After seeing his first game at the United helm end in a 1-0 defeat to the Singha All Star XI on Saturday, Moyes said: "Isn't it great that the club says, 'There's no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it'.

"We are looking at the best players. I do think it's important that we show people we are carrying on the traditions and trying to take the club forward.

"I will not name anybody, but certainly we are always looking at the best players. I think we are trying to strengthen in a couple of areas. We are short in midfield.

"We are also a club which tends to invest in the youth side, so you can expect us to go for players in that age group.

"We are working hard to make sure the first signing is the right one. I have been left a really good team and I want to add to it sensibly."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8825456/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-make-25m-offer-for-Barcelona-s-Cesc-Fabregas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
bxg: @Coogar Are you being serious or sarcastic about cleverly

tom cleverley?
have you actually watched cleverley play? did you see cleverley destroy the world's famous italian midfield last august? he made balzaretti, ogbonna and de rossi look like choir boys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
@Coogar, is Cleverly not a hype or over hyped? According to this thread, any good young British player is a hype. But their counterparts in Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Holland, etc are talents.
Even someone said Gareth Bale is a hype.

So is Cleverly an exception now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
debosky:

Since you won the game why didn't you qualify? The scoreline reflected 2-0 but to claim Ramsey bossed anything is laughable

That is why I had to remind you that you where thoroughly outplayed! But for a bogus corner kick in the first leg Arsenal would have been eliminated and there wouldn't have been any away goals rule to flatter your efforts
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
Cleverly is a mediocre piece of British Trash
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
bxg: Cleverly a is mediocre piece of British Trash
Eziokwu!

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (14312) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Englishisamust and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.