Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,738 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8934278 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:30am On Jun 09, 2016
SailorXY:
£78m lol

For what?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:42am On Jun 09, 2016
olabode89:

For what?
Mr Pogba.
Wetin him dey play? YIMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
SailorXY:
Mr Pogba.
Wetin him dey play? YIMU

Lolz... that amount go buy two solid ninjas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
Now that I've been off the ban by Mukina, I can say that I've not been impressed with the names we're getting linked with, especially in the area of the midfield.
Gomes? Matic? Even Pogba?
None of them are capable of controlling the tempo of games or even creative enough.
Gomes is Herrera make 11 in the sense that he's inconsistent with his erratic techniques and passing skills nor visionary. Pogba has all the flairs in this world but more of an offensive box-box midfielder who takes the midfield to another level with his flairs and energy but would need someone building up and dictating the play alongside him and I hope we aint banking on Rooney to operate as a playmaker.
Since Rooney would be a mainstay in the team, I think the box-box role should be given to him. As a matter fact, Rooney can offer what Pogba brings in that role although it wouldn't be of the same quality level. All he needs to do as an offensive box-box CM is to join the attack, make runs to create space and contribute his defensive quota which he can do quite well.
I really would have loved Pjanic for that creative playmaking role but it seems impossible now that Juve have him in bags.
It would also be stupid of Mourinho if he let go Blind because he's a player capable of playing different role without any drop in the quality. I don't even support the signing of an out of form player in Matic who had only 6 good month in the Epl before he got found out.
Personally, I think we should opt for a player with well rounded technique, passing range, reading of the game and tactical discipline for the holding role and the only player I could think of is Weigl who's unavailable. More reason why Blind shouldn't be let go just because we've found a new shining toy in Matic.
I would also love if we could take a punt on Oliver Torres as a loan with the option to buy. The guy has a high potential and already operates at a high level if only his Coach, Simeone would use him right and deploy him in the middle and not on the wing.
His performance while on loan at Porto against Bayern in the CL was something else. He dominated Bayern midfield like a pro. And I could recall him being the best player on the pitch against France at the U20 where he dominated and outclassed Pogba in the central midfield.
Even today, Porto fans still rave about him. I think he needs a coach who can trust him in the middle and allow him to do his magic as opposed to the defensive Simeone who would rather deploy him on the wing. He could well be our Coman who was not allowed to thrive at Juve but became a revelation at Bayern.
As For Baily, I know nothing about him but any signing over the overhyped Stones is welcome by me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
Diademk07:
Now that I've been off the ban by Mukina, I can say that I've not been impressed with the names we're getting linked with, especially in the area of the midfield.
Gomes? Matic? Even Pogba?
None of them are capable of controlling the tempo of games or even creative enough.
Gomes is Herrera make 11 in the sense that he's inconsistent with his erratic techniques and passing skills nor visionary. Pogba has all the flairs in this world but more of an offensive box-box midfielder who takes the midfield to another level with his flairs and energy but would need someone building up and dictating the play alongside him and I hope we aint banking on Rooney to operate as a playmaker.
Since Rooney would be a mainstay in the team, I think the box-box role should be given to him. As a matter fact, Rooney can offer what Pogba brings in that role although it wouldn't be of the same quality level. All he needs to do as an offensive box-box CM is to join the attack, make runs to create space and contribute his defensive quota which he can do quite well.
I really would have loved Pjanic for that creative playmaking role but it seems impossible now that Juve have him in bags.
It would also be stupid of Mourinho if he let go Blind because he's a player capable of playing different role without any drop in the quality. I don't even support the signing of an out of form player in Matic who had only 6 good month in the Epl before he got found out.
Personally, I think we should opt for a player with well rounded technique, passing range, reading of the game and tactical discipline for the holding role and the only player I could think of is Weigl who's unavailable. More reason why Blind shouldn't be let go just because we've found a new shining toy in Matic.
I would also love if we could take a punt on Oliver Torres as a loan with the option to buy. The guy has a high potential and already operates at a high level if only his Coach, Simeone would use him right and deploy him in the middle and not on the wing.
His performance while on loan at Porto against Bayern in the CL was something else. He dominated Bayern midfield like a pro. And I could recall him being the best player on the pitch against France at the U20 where he dominated and outclassed Pogba in the central midfield.
Even today, Porto fans still rave about him. I think he needs a coach who can trust him in the middle and allow him to do his magic as opposed to the defensive Simeone who would rather deploy him on the wing. He could well be our Coman who was not allowed to thrive at Juve but became a revelation at Bayern.
As For Baily, I know nothing about him but any signing over the overhyped Stones is welcome by me.

NYC TALK..at least someone else sees pogba for what he is..he cant control or dictate d tempo of a game,i woud pick kroos over him a 10 times...how about saul niguz..i think that fella is really good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
e be like say banning some people go help restructure their brain format.

what an epistle?! worth reading.grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
Hmmmmmm....! Nice write up kagawa10.

Please, more of this and less of e-warring!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
what we really need in our midfield is a deep lying playmaker/holding midfielder similar to carrick or xavi or pirlo. someone who can really dictate our play from the middle. the person may not be as experienced as those midfield maestros in their latter years,but as far as the potential is clearly there and are ready to develop,we should get them.

we have got too many box-to-box midfielders and DMs with just one real deep-lying playmaker in Carrick who is well advanced with age. we should get one for the future.

to that end,what are the realistic targets we can get, guys?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
elampiro:

The kind of players we are signing and linked to already show the kind of football we are going to play going forward. We just have to move our minds beyond Fergie's style once and for all.

Abeg enough of "fergie's style" brouhaha, it ended with fergie going into retirement!

I'm welcome to anything productive that ll get us over that nonsense pain inflicting pheelosuffering!
I just pray the players we will be adding will help keep our team on the balance,with some great footie and positive results!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
well now that we have signed Bailly,i 'll need to save up money to down Bailey's anytime Bailly puts up a dogged performance!!!

can't wait for him to do a Martial on these c0cksucking haters!! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
elampiro:
Reports that we are in lead for Pogba, £78m. City is reported to have withdrawn.

This money is too much o.
heard this on Sky sports news. I really don't think we should waste time chasing a ninja that won't come because of lack of UCL footie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Guys what do you think Jose will do with blind since he's no longer going to be played in the centreback role. He's only options are central midfield and left back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
parrotibaba:
Guys what do you think Jose will do with blind since he's no longer going to be played in the centreback role. He's only options are central midfield and left back.

Jose will keep him!!!...Blind is a useful ninja!...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
Danhumprey:
what we really need in our midfield is a deep lying playmaker/holding midfielder similar to carrick or xavi or pirlo. someone who can really dictate our play from the middle. the person may not be as experienced as those midfield maestros in their latter years,but as far as the potential is clearly there and are ready to develop,we should get them.

we have got too many box-to-box midfielders and DMs with just one real deep-lying playmaker in Carrick who is well advanced with age. we should get one for the future.

to that end,what are the realistic targets we can get, guys?
Blind can do it. If that's a must for Jose which I don't think, let him pass the mantle to Blind.
Simple as..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
dubylhover:

NYC TALK..at least someone else sees pogba for what he is..he cant control or dictate d tempo of a game,i woud pick kroos over him a 10 times...how about saul niguz..i think that fella is really good
He's also a box-box CM, quite similar to Vidal.
Furthermore, he's just signed a new contract.
What we need in the team is just simple.
A playmaker, holding midfielder and a right winger.
Personally, I think Kante would be a better signing than Matic. So far, he's operated in the holding role fro the french team and has looked great in it. Although, he doesn't have the passing range but his reading of the game, agility, tactical discipline and vision (accurate vertical passing) makes him a good option in the holding midfield role than Matic who look likes an immobile uncreative lump of wood.
My playmaaker option would be Pjanic, Verrati or Torres. As a matter of fact, if we are ready to splash 78mil on a midfielder, we should do that on Verratti and not Pogba because box-box players yapa full everywhere as opposed to orchestrating playmakers.
My wing option would be Sadio Mane for his lightening speed. Mahrez is also a good shout but not as lightening as Mane. I'm not impressed by Sane though. You got to watch his performance against Bayern. He looked so awful with his touches and decision making. He seems to solely rely on his pace which was well matched by Alaba's pace in that match, hence, his pathetic display.
I haven't seen much of Ounas but will try to get acquainted with his clips on Youtube but the talk about him haven't been impressive.
My first option was Dembele who's been snapped up by Dortmund but would settle for Mane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
What do you guys think of man city possibly getting Aubameyeng? What does it mean for our title chance considering the players City have already?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
chistev12:
What do you guys think of man city possibly getting Aubameyeng? What does it mean for our title chance considering the players City have already?
With u pple's signings so far Instead of you to be praying not to get relegated u re talking title chance grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

With u pple's signings so far Instead of you to be praying not to get relegated u re talking title chance grin grin grin grin

The thing eh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
Diademk07:

He's also a box-box CM, quite similar to Vidal.
Furthermore, he's just signed a new contract.
What we need in the team is just simple.
A playmaker, holding midfielder and a right winger.
Personally, I think Kante would be a better signing than Matic. So far, he's operated in the holding role fro the french team and has looked great in it. Although, he doesn't have the passing range but his reading of the game, agility, tactical discipline and vision (accurate vertical passing) makes him a good option in the holding midfield role than Matic who look likes an immobile lump of wood.
My playmaaker option would be Pjanic, Verrati or Torres. As a matter of fact, if we are ready to splash 78mil on a midfielder, we should do that on Verratti and not Pogba because box-box players yapa full everywhere as opposed to orchestrating playmakers.
My wing option would be Sadio Mane for his lightening speed. Mahrez is also a good shout but not as lightening as Mane. I'm not impressed by Sane though. You got to watch his performance against Bayern. He looked so awful with his touches and decision making. He seems to solely rely on his pace which was well matched by Alaba in that match, hence, his pathetic display.
I haven't seen much of Ounas but will try to get acquainted with his clips on Youtube but the talk about him haven't been impressive.
My first option was Dembele who's been snapped up by Dortmund but would settle for Mane.

verrati is perfect,but psg wont let him go..i have my reservations about mane,he has d pace but lacks consistency and doesnt really have killer passes,i feel mahrez is d perfect option for us..his skills,creativity movement is second to none in d epl..if i were mou,its him id go for....im tired of hearing this pogba talk up and down..its a pity that most peeps dont appreciate d role of deep lying playmakers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
parrotibaba:
heard this on Sky sports news. I really don't think we should waste time chasing a ninja that won't come because of lack of UCL footie.

Even if he wants to come, no need to go for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
tess1:

You are right. It was in April 2015. Villarreal had the edge over them last season.

So the gif is even two seasons ago, when he was 21?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
parrotibaba:

Blind will be 5th choice CB under any coach at United other than Gaal.

He could be a back up LB to Shaw. But Mensah and Jackson are in better shape for that role. Juventus were interested in Jackson towards the end of last season, then Gaal had to quickly give some games again to avoid the Pogba fiasco. And he did well in the last league match of the season, with good work with Martial while delivery those dangerous crossing.

Midfield is a no no for Blind. Midfield could work for him in some other leagues like Netherlands, but not in the EPL. Too small, slow and one footed. At least Carrick is tall and two footed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
elampiro:

lol you don't know how trolls behave?...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
Some Turkish paper report Jose is interested in bringing back Nani.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
dubylhover:

verrati is perfect,but psg wont let him go..i have my reservations about mane,he has d pace but lacks consistency and doesnt really have killer passes,i feel mahrez is d perfect option for us..his skills,creativity movement is second to none in d epl..if i were mou,its him id go for....im tired of hearing this pogba talk up and down..its a pity that most peeps dont appreciate d role of deep lying playmakers
Quite right coupled with the fact that he may not want to come to Manutd but just as the saying, money answereth all things. Torres is another option too.
You know one thing I love about Mane is his mentality in big games. He was unreal against City, Pool, Chelsea and did well against us. He sometimes makes poor decision making like all winger does but most times, he does the simple thing so well. Also, His team doesn't have enough quality to complement him unlike Mahrez. But what I can say is the fact that Mane was better than Mahrez 2 seasons ago. His lightening pace also gave him an edge over Mahrez. Moreso, Mahrez tends to operate better when afforded space to operate like he did in Leicester's counter attack set up unlike Mane who always get close to his markers before leaving them for dead.
I watched their individual performances/touches against Chelsea and one thing I noticed was Mane skinning Chelsea defenders and running them ragged while Mahrez dribbling was all about changing direction before any Chelsea defenders could get close to him and the few time they did, he lost the ball easily.
My point exactly is that Mahrez is a good player (His agility and vision looks great too) but we shouldn't forget that Leicester was built around him and the counterattacking style is a perfect heaven match made for him. When I watched Kante's clips, one thing I noticed was that everytime he got the ball, he was always on the look out for Mahrez's runs on the wing. His next team would have to do well to make him a focal player in the team and operate in a way that would afford him the needed space..
Anyway, anyone of Mahrez/Mane would be okay though. I would take any of them over that Sane lad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
Interesting. Carrick given a one yer extension.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
Would love Mane/Mahrez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
TheNonce:

Bros that guy is another "zanetti, evra or ibra" type of pensioner oh! He is not yet tired, Has endless stamina, plays with both his left and right feet, shoots well, is experienced and is very consistent! It would not be bad to have him guiding darmian (if he stays) or fonsu mensah for the next 2 years!

Juve just wan dull am because "dani alves" na hollywood player while he is an under the radar type! The guy is worth it! 2 years no bad.....
not still comfortable, we no fit just dey collect players way others no want.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
elampiro:

Yes, it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
SailorXY:
Some Turkish paper report Jose is interested in bringing back Nani.
My heart rejoices.....

Lovely!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sold Pogba at £800,000

Wants to buy him at £78,000,000

That's a difference of £77,200,000

A backward loss percent of 9650%

EXTREME STUPIDITY ON DISPLAY AT MANURE UNITED

AN IMBECILEE MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS

WHO COULD IT BE

(1) (2) (3) ... (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m), Jodera and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.