Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8904740 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
sinizia:

How were you you able to type this excuse and with all boldness submit it for people to read? Should I remind you that Schlupp, Gray and Okazaki you're trying to make supermen were all in the game when Shekpe came from behind to butt r@pe Leceister 4-2? Why didn't they save Leceister? So they "didn't slack in their pressing game (according to you)" and yet Shekpe destroyed them? You're very biased. Your excuses are as useless as the letter P in Psychology.

When teams score United - United's midfield is sluggish and useless.

But when United destroys opponents - United is lucky that their opponents' midfield was bad.

Nice inconsequential analogy.

Kagawa10, away with your hatred for Herrera. There is nothing wrong with his performance. Gray was only good in that second-half coz the ENTIRE United team took their feet off the pedal not coz of your imaginary second-half pressing of Leceister. I was angry at that Leceister goal but I didn't blame anybody coz only Barca and Bayern can keep up with pressing of a team without relenting for the entire match. United are team in progress, with time we'll master that tactic. So the entire team taking their feetboff the pedal was the reason Leceister didn't conceded more. It had nothing to do with "improved Amarte/Leceister pressing in the second-half".

There are few teams on this planet that without luck, can come out unscathed and unbruised after the relentless wave of attacks and pressing we dished out to Leceister. Even if the entire Leceister team were made up of Gray and your laughable Schlupp, United would have r@ped them easily. United were heads and shoulders above them and your Gray is very average, there's nothing he'd have done that he hasn't done before.

I'm done with this argument.

You mean after they were down with 10 men? Abeg, what kind of stupid argument is this?

Also, I remembered Okazak and Gray getting hauled off before Chelsea came back into the game.

This argument has no substance! Kapish!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Oasis007:
Players Rating

David de Gea 7.5
– A bystander for the overwhelming majority of the game.

Daley Blind 9
– Did brilliantly well at left-back and his corners were spot on. Assists galore. Never give Wayne Rooney another corner kick. My man of the match.

Eric Bailly 7.5
– Looked very sharp from the start. He reads the game so well doesn’t he?

Chris Smalling 8 – Captain on the day and that was a captain’s performance. Great goal to get it started for United and looked very strong alongside Bailly.

Antonio Valencia 7
– Still really needs to work on his crosses but with United smashing Leicester I’m feeling generous.

Ander Herrera 8
– Excellent and disciplined from Herrera. Maybe he can be our defensive midfielder this season?

Paul Pogba 9
– What’s that deafening silence? Ah yes it is Pogba’s critics. He bossed that midfield today and got his first goal. That’s the Pogba we’ve been waiting for.

Jesse Lingard 7.5
– I think he played a vital role today with his intense pressure on Leicester when they had the ball. We needed that sort of energy, good stuff from Jesse.

Juan Mata 8.5 – What a performance from Juan in the ‘Wayne Rooney‘ role. Thrived, inspired and led us to a wonderful win.

Marcus Rashford 8
– Another game and another goal for our kid. Can see he loves playing fast and flowing football and I love him. Love is all around.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 7.5 – A very accomplished performance. I’d have lost my shit if he scored with that chest, turn and volley from Pogba’s flick in the first half.

Substitutes

Michael Carrick 6 – Came on to sure it up in midfield and see the game out.

Wayne Rooney N/A – Not on long enough to be given a fair rating but the fact we were so much better without him on the pitch says it all.

Ashley Young N/A
Rashford should be a 6.5 or 7. Apart from the goal he wasn't really that good today. Agree with the rest of your ratings though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LongD(m): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
Everybody just shouting pep and man city I have seen their performance they are not all that. I think the team that should be feared is Liverpool their attack is just too much. Look at their stats against hull

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Coming from u? I'm touched cheesy

Coming from me? Are you kidding me? Lmao. You don't know me then. That I dislike a club doesn't stop me from praising or acknowledging them. I don't usually let sentiments cloud my judgments.

I hated Terry dieeeeeeee!! But on many occasions, I've stood up for him. I'm a CR7 fanatic and number 1 fan, but I've never hidden the fact that I see Messi as having that edge over him as the better player between them two (It's a subjective opinion as anyone can choose CR7 as a better player than Messi, though).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lana1:
Who remembers when Hazard was having the best season of his life after just 3 games??

Lwkmd. Kagawa10's comments will serve as a project topic for upcoming stand-up comedians. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
sinizia:

Lwkmd. Kagawa10's comments will serve as a project topic for upcoming stand-up comedians. grin grin

The fact that Hazard kept bailing out your lord and Master, Mourinho when everything turned to shite around Jan 2015 doesn't mean he has the obligation to do that everytime his team failed to perform.

We're talking of a team that has its whole midfield and defences looking horrible yet you want Hazard to be pulling out rabbit from his hat everytime his team failed to do a simple thing well when he barely has the ball in the attacking third due to Chelsea's lack of a midfield? Which kin people dey think like this?

At least in a 4141 formation, he would have had the licence to roam around and do his thing unlike the way he gets deployed now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
Diademk07:

The fact that Hazard kept bailing out your lord and Master, Mourinho when everything turned to shite around Jan 2015 doesn't mean he has the obligation to do that everytime his team failed to perform.

We're talking of a team that has its whole midfield and defences looking horrible yet you want Hazard to be pulling out rabbit from his hat everytime the team fails to play well when he barely has the ball in the attacking third due to Chelsea's lack of a midfield? Which kin people dey think like this?

At least in a 4141 formation, he would have the licence to roam around and do his thing unlike the way he gets deployed now.
Something I don't like about you is that you never admit you are wrong. You just pic players you like and you hate. The ones you like if they do anything wrong you look for one excuse e.g hazard . The ones you hate no matter how good they play you will look for something bad to say against them e.g Herrera. Guy you need to change this your attitude, stop being biased towards players.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has revealed Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Luke Shaw missed out against Leicester because they were not '100 per cent'.

Mourinho stressed after the 4-1 win over the reigning champions at Old Trafford that the pair are not injured and that Phil Jones and Anthony Martial are the only players currently sidelined.

But the 53-year-old insisted he was not willing to take a risk on Mkhitaryan, who is recovering from a thigh injury, or Shaw, who has been suffering with a groin problem.

He said: “I wouldn't say injured but I would say not 100 per cent.

"When they are not 100 per cent I always think this kind of difficult moment where you feel you have to win the match I prefer always to go with players who are 100 per cent ready physically and the mental point of view.

"Martial and Phil Jones are injured but all the others is that grey zone between fit and injured and the decision was to go with those who were ready for it."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
OEmperor:

Something I don't like about you is that you never admit you are wrong. You just pic players you like and you hate. The ones you like if they do anything wrong you look for one excuse e.g hazard . The ones you hate no matter how good they play you will look for something bad to say against them e.g Herrera. Guy you need to change this your attitude, stop being biased towards players.

It's you people who need to apply common sense in every argument.

How do you think any player can play well in that Chelsea dysfunctional team which lack pace in both the defence and midfield nor has any connection/bridge between the midfield and attack is beyond me. The same way someone was questioning Kante performance in an unfamiliar holding role when he had a one-man midfield performance as a box-box against Arsenal last season..

Replace Hazard with Sterling in that City team for example and tell me if he won't look better than Sterling..

This thing is just common sense!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Diademk07:

How do you think any player can play well in that Chelsea dysfunctional team which lack pace in both the defence and midfield nor has any connection/bridge between the midfield and attack is beyond me. The same way someone was questioning Kante performance in an unfamiliar holding role when he had a one-man midfield performance as a box-box against Arsenal last season..

Replace Hazard with Sterling in that City team for example and tell me if he won't look better than Sterling..

stop being biased. No matter how bad your favorite player plays you always have an excuse. Herrera was very good today yet you criticized him cos you are the smartest person on earth and you can never be wrong. It's pride that is worrying you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
OEmperor:
stop being biased. No matter how bad your favorite player plays you always have an excuse. Herrera was very good today yet you criticized him cos you are the smartest person on earth and you can never be wrong. It's pride that is worrying you.

Biased for where?

I mentioned that Herrera looked solid in the first half, not so much in the second half when Leicester packed their midfield! What's bad about that?

The truth is I say it like it is. Herrera isn't going to be the answer against opposition that has competent pressing midfield players, that's the fact. No be a month ago we saw his performance against Dortmund in the pre-season?

Abegi!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:04am On Sep 25, 2016
Diademk07:

Was it not the same midfield and defense that was there when you said hazard is in the best season of his life?

Did you consider the fact that chelsea were just 3 games into the season before you made that idiotic claim

Answer Yes or No

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:22am On Sep 25, 2016
dopeJemi:

Was it not the same midfield and defense that was there when you said hazard is in the best season of his life?

Did you consider the fact that chelsea were just 3 games into the season before you made that idiotic claim

Answer Yes or No

You clearly didn't see that my post inferred to the 4141 formation he got deployed in, the same tactic that got the best of Sterling this season.

He was able to roam around and get involved a lot more in that setup, we shouldn't forget he was a SS by profession at Lille before he went to Chelsea. So that tactic suits him much more better until Conte tried to be smarter than he was. Not that he was smart to begin with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:38am On Sep 25, 2016
Diademk07:

You clearly didn't see that my post inferred to the 4141 formation he got deployed in, the same tactic that got the best of Sterling this season.

He was able to roam around and get involved a lot more in that setup, we shouldn't forget he was a SS by profession at Lille before he went to Chelsea. So that tactic suits him much more better until Conte tried to be smarter than he was. Not that he was smart to begin with.

Alright, goodnight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:24am On Sep 25, 2016
1. Phil Jones injured without even playing one match this season.

2. Rooney gradually finding his wsy to the bench.

3. Both players to be offloaded at the end of the season by God's grace.

4. elampiro right now...

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 4:52am On Sep 25, 2016
It is allowed to criticize rooney,fellaini but not mata and herrera when they serve crap.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Thinking about it now.
Cr7 is probably going to win the balon d'or and the new award FIFA is creating still, Sanchez sef get mouth for the FIFA award.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 6:22am On Sep 25, 2016
Did you guys see how ozil left lord kante for dead in the buildup to that 3rd goal grin grin grin...very cruel from ozil but he should know #black lives matter....

Cant blame kante tho,oezil is in another dimension

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:41am On Sep 25, 2016
dubylhover:
Did you guys see how ozil left lord kante for dead in the buildup to that 3rd goal grin grin grin...very cruel from ozil but he should know #black lives matter....

Cant blame kante tho,oezil is in another dimension
Top players have faced more than that. Yeah can't blame Kante. None of the other midfielders offered anything defensively or in attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2016
Kagawa10:

LOL!
As if the players are not worse in that regards.
you know the first players Mourinho will ship out if he eventually becomes our Manager? Mata! After then, Herrera!

Mourinho has no use for any midfielder who 's not either contributing defensively nor offensively in the elegant way e.g, Ozil, Fabregas, Sneidjer, Deco.
He doesn't make use of donkeys who act busy on the pitch while doing nothing at all.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Diademk07:

You're the real dumb goat who gets excited over a manager that almost relegated a team consisting of quality players like Costa, Fabregas, Hazard, Matic Who would all slot into our team with ease .
they even added lord kunta kinte with louis van conte and yet were butraped by arsenal of all people without bolombolo.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:07am On Sep 25, 2016
^^^^^

grin

But..... but...... buh Weedtaker why?! Do you want him to deactivate all his Accounts Today?!

Seem you don't know Mourinho?!..... This is not the time to celebrate and be happy for them, because they will be sold in January!

- Diademk07

I wouldn't be surprised if the above is eventually said by him.

LWKMD!!!

Diademk07 and rubbish Postings be like......!!!

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 9:18am On Sep 25, 2016
Weed is a powerful herb shocked shocked shocked

Seriously that Diadem is probably a senile old man...Spitting bullshhit left and right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2016
Rojo is a special kind of useless, freaking Blind took your spot...BLIND shocked

Mourinho should try Depay, he's better than Rooney to be honest angry...I refuse to give up on him that easily.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2016
Oasis007:
^^^^^

grin

But..... but...... buh Weedtaker why?! Do you want him to deactivate all his Accounts Today?!

I wouldn't be surprised if the above is eventually said by him.

LWKMD!!!

Diademk07 and rubbish Postings be like......!!!
grin my brother i just de help refresh him memory small.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:49am On Sep 25, 2016
weedtaker:
grin my brother i just de help refresh him memory small.

grin grin

You can as well help him with some Weed to re-boot his Memory.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:06am On Sep 25, 2016
weedtaker:
they even added lord kunta kinte with louis van conte and yet were butraped by arsenal of all people without bolombolo.

So, you think these players (Costa, Haz, Fabregas) aint better than Rooney, Mata, Depay, Martial etc? Chelsea were losing to teams like Everton, Southampton or any other decent small team and almost got relegated with these players for crying out loud! I bet Van gaal woulda done a lot better if he had these players in his team while he was stuck with a sluggish off form Rooney as his striker for months!

That's why I always talk about common sense which isn't common though!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:25am On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2016
eph12:

Top players have faced more than that. Yeah can't blame Kante. None of the other midfielders offered anything defensively or in attack.

Ermmm top players face that from time to time but at least its the work of a dm to limit d opposition creative players. Oezil made a fool of kante and ran for almist 50 metres..im nit blaming kante for the dribble but y couldn't he at least make an attempt to track ozil..in case you forgot, it led to that same ozil scoring so pardon me if I say kante should have done better to prevent that 3rd goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 10:26am On Sep 25, 2016
Oasis007:

grin grin

You can as well help him with some Weed to re-boot his Memory.
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2016
Diademk07:

So, you think these players (Costa, Haz, Fabregas) aint better than Rooney, Mata, Depay, Martial etc? Chelsea were losing to teams like Everton, Southampton or any other decent small team and almost got relegated with these players for crying out loud! I bet Van gaal woulda done a lot better if he had these players in his team while he was stuck with a sluggish off form Rooney as his striker for months!

That's why I always talk about common sense which isn't common though!
you keep claiming that Van Gaal was stucked with a sluggish, off form Rooney for months, Diademk07, I ask who stopped Van Gaal from buying a good striker? Or better still promoting a good striker from the academy just as he did with Rashford? Who forced him to stick with Rooney all those while?

Diademk07, you don't have any excuse. So why don't you just.... .......

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2016
dubylhover:

Ermmm top players face that from time to time but at least its the work of a dm to limit d opposition creative players. Oezil made a fool of kante and ran for almist 50 metres..im nit blaming kante for the dribble but y couldn't he at least make an attempt to track ozil..in case you forgot, it led to that same ozil scoring so pardon me if I say kante should have done better to prevent that 3rd goal
We have seen him do much better than that so he had a bad day yeah? Ozil Carzola Iwobi and co ran riot and there was no one to help Kante. Against top midfielders one world class midfielder can never dominate. Tell me which one single handedly held the midfield against top oppositions? Yes Kante could have done better but if he is trying to guess what Ozil is up to and at the same time keeping eyes on other midfielders you can pardon him

(1) (2) (3) ... (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.