Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,210 members, 7,897,138 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 09:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8975579 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) ... (14267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
A club that pays the highest salaries should be lifting the CL talkless of playing in it.

#TopClubSmallMentality

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
Spy360:
[s]A club that pays the highest salaries should be lifting the CL talkless of playing in it.

#TopClubSmallMentality[/s]

Oya steady ya head Sharp Sharp undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
Spy360:
A club that pays the highest salaries should be lifting the CL talkless of playing in it.

#TopClubSmallMentality

Onye Iberibe angry

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Professorfrisky: 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
Free thread, everyone has got an opinion. Some people feel damn important here when they are nobodies. hmmn[b][/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:42am On Nov 15, 2016
[b]"We want to be at the top challenging. We've had some ups and downs along the way, it's not to say that we've given up on winning things just yet - it's too early for that and we've got too much quality and too much of a good team and squad to give up on anything.

"We just don't feel we've got the results our performances have warranted; we know it can change, we're not up to Christmas yet, there's still so much to play for and we still believe that when it comes near the end and when it counts we'll be right up there.

"Some players peak quite early, some players peak late but to compare individuals can be quite tough. I do feel that experience does help and the understanding of the game does help you.

"But at the same time you lose the other attributes that you had maybe when you were younger, because physically sometimes it catches up with you. So at the moment I feel good physically, but to compare with different players can be misleading at times.

"It's the way it goes as time ticks by, you end up being the oldest one. I mean I'm not one who goes around shouting and screaming and sort of dictating to the young boys what to do.

"It's just if I see something I'll try to give them advice, if they come and ask for something I'm always there to speak to and I try to help them because its important.

- Michael Carrick [/b]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:44am On Nov 15, 2016
"Arsenal have got some really good players. When it clicks for them they are a very dangerous team and they've shown in their start to the season how dangerous they can be.

"But I think we can be quite dangerous as well and we probably haven't quite clicked into top gear which, in some ways is a good thing, because we know there's plenty to come. And if we can just hang in there and not be too far away we feel when we do hit top form we'll have a right say in it."

- Michael Carrick
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2016
Andre Marriner has been selected to referee Manchester United's clash with Arsenal on Saturday lunchtime.

Marriner was in charge for Jose Mourinho's first Premier League game in charge at United, booking just one player in their 3-1 win over Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium on August 14.

He has officiated eight Premier League games so far this season, booking 29 players and issuing just one red card which he showed to Hull's Ahmed Elmohamady in their 5-1 defeat at Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2016
Gary Neville says he would leave out both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney from Manchester United’s starting XI.

In a talk at the Oxford Union, the former United defender said he would play Marcus Rashford up front, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Anthony Martial both starting in wide positions.

Neville went for David De Gea in goal, a back four of Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly, Chris Smalling and Daley Blind, and a midfield trio of Paul Pogba, Ander Herrera and Michael Carrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 7:57am On Nov 15, 2016
United we stand, I think if our defence can be strong Arsenal won't have a chance with us. The problem is with our defense, when almost all the defenders are injured then how do we go with It..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:04am On Nov 15, 2016
Oasis007:
Gary Neville says he would leave out both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney from Manchester United’s starting XI.

In a talk at the Oxford Union, the former United defender said he would play Marcus Rashford up front, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Anthony Martial both starting in wide positions.

Neville went for David De Gea in goal, a back four of Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly, Chris Smalling and Daley Blind, and a midfield trio of Paul Pogba, Ander Herrera and Michael Carrick.
Exactly, he just listed what should be our starting team, only debatable position is Rashford ahead of Ibra for the time being...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2016
Oasis007:

Why is he giving us had I known selections? Zlatan is suspended, bailly, smalling and Valencia are all out for the next month at least so what is his point? At least give the coach something to think about by listing AVAILABLE players!

The front 3 idea of rash, Miki and martial is the only thing workable and also one that I agree with! I also think Bastian and rooney should be on the bench for such a big game....they can influence things in the 2nd half if things go pear shaped....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2016
TheNonce:

Why is he giving us had I known selections? Zlatan is suspended, bailly, smalling and Valencia are all out for the next month at least so what is his point? At least give the coach something to think about by listing AVAILABLE players!

The front 3 idea of rash, Miki and martial is the only thing workable and also one that I agree with! I also think Bastian and rooney should be on the bench for such a big game....they can influence things in the 2nd half if things go pear shaped....
The midfield seems like the ideal midfield that can control games and protect the back four in equal measure, the biggest issue is how to fit in mata but I'd be willing to see us line up like thisa from midfield to attack against Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 9:00am On Nov 15, 2016
patrickmuf:
The midfield seems like the ideal midfield that can control games and protect the back four in equal measure, the biggest issue is how to fit in mata but I'd be willing to see us line up like thisa from midfield to attack against Arsenal.

We need pace to counter those bitches pace in equal measure!

Mata can come in with rooney and Bastian in the 2nd half when guile is required! We need to attack them with breakneck speed from the get go because they never know how to handle pressure! Kocielny is fast so he would counter slow boys like Mata and rooney...but not Miki, rash and martial...

When we started with Bastian, rooney and Mata last season we left there with 3-0! Never again....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2016
martial and mihki have not done anything yet to warrant a start, they only look good on paper, in reality there are quite poor. Rooney's doing well atm, he'll lead the line against arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2016
I will rather prefer Martial to lead the Line, flanked on the Right by Mata and Mkhtaryan on the Left!

We shouldn't be relying on Pace only, rather creativity. Mkhtaryan and Mata are capable of unlocking stubborn Defence with decisive and timely passes.

The Trio of Pogba, Herrera and Carrick are OK in the Midfield. Carrick can comfortably shield the Defence, Herrera will play B2B, and Pogba will play No. 10, with freedom to roam and dictate the rhythm of the Game as he did against Swansea City.

The Defence - Valencia, Bailly, Smalling/Rojo and Blind/shaw is quite OK!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:37am On Nov 15, 2016
Oasis007:
I will rather prefer Martial to lead the Line, flanked on the Right by Mata and Mkhtaryan on the Left!
that's what we all are glamouring for, a pity martial and mhiki haven't done anything yet to force the managers hand.

We shouldn't be relying on Pace only, rather creativity. Mkhtaryan and Mata are capable of unlocking stubborn Defence with decisive and timely passes.
how many stubborn defence wey mhiki don unlock with him timely and decisive pass?

he Trio of Pogba, Herrera and Carrick are OK in the Midfield. Carrick can comfortably shield the Defence, Herrera will play B2B, and Pogba will play No. 10, with freedom to roam and dictate the rhythm of the Game.

The Defence - Valencia, Bailly, Smalling and Blind is quite OK!
shey no be desame pogba wey de play sh!te anytime he's deployed in the no.10 role? abi dem tell you say dem no de give am freedom to roam and dictate play?, 0boi, you funny o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2016
Oasis007:

I don't think Gnev is qualified to offer tactical opinions to Jose Mourinho though...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2016
Nihilist:

I don't think Gnev is qualified to offer tactical opinions to Jose Mourinho though...

2nded! He seems to be a paper analyst only!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 11:38am On Nov 15, 2016
grin
Oasis007:

The Defence - Valencia, Bailly, Smalling/Rojo and Blind/shaw is quite OK!

Some of una need coffee oh? "Valencia(hand operation)....smalling(broken toe)....bailly(knee ligaments)"...but you guys are still listing them as options?

None of these guys are going to be able to play till at least christmas or even next year....so your defensive wishes need to be focused on "Rojo, blind, Jones, fosuh mesah etc".....

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2016
afrodoc2:

Dopejemi and Lana abeg make una sheathe swords.
You guys are 2 correct guys, no need for the insults IMO.

We all want the best for the club, we just have different views of how this can be achieved.

Personally i believe Mourinho could have done better this season especially with the expenditure and the players we have. However we have to support him as manager and see how things pan out. Sacking him now or even at the end of the season is unlikely to solve the problem
UNLESS it is a 60yr old SAF who is getting the job next.
Doc i hear u. Personally, i no like to dey exchange words with fellow United fans regardless of any differences in Opinions or Points of View. Anyways, i don close dat chapter and i'm gon kip kwayet from now on. Dope no vex smiley smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lana1:
Doc i hear u. Personally, i no like to dey exchange words with fellow United fans regardless of any differences in Opinions or Points of View. Anyways, i don close dat chapter and i'm gon kip kwayet from now on. Dope no vex smiley smiley

Nice one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
TheNonce:

2nded! He seems to be a paper analyst only!

He's not exactly saying what Jose should do though. He's doing the same thing we all do as fans of the ckub and offering his opinion. Does that mean none of us should offer any tactical opinions anymore and just Close all threads?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
Herrera on Rooney

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
MrTA:

He's not exactly saying what Jose should do though. He's doing the same thing we all do as fans of the ckub and offering his opinion. Does that mean none of us should offer any tactical opinions anymore and just Close all threads?

Well he got a chance to prove himself and flopped spectacularly at the job! We are not saying neville should not bust his opinions, after all he is a club legend but we are only saying he should try and park well small as regards to consistently pointing out what Is wrong or right with mourinhos selections, the players, moyes and van gaal! Try and check out some of the hogwash he was spitting in the press today!

His position as an analyst is secured but as a tactical guru? Mbanu......

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
touchscreen yato si touchline, I heard that from brilla FM. cheesy.
Neville should have never taken that job. he lost too much credibility.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
SIRcumalot:
grin
cheesy
touchscreen oh my g

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lol. But from a United point of view, i think that G.Neville's team make sense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
"Midfielder Jordan Henderson will captain England against Spain on Tuesday, with Wayne Rooney injured.

Forward Rooney, who led the side in Friday's World Cup qualifying win over Scotland, missed training with a knee injury on Monday then later pulled out of the squad."

Wetin dey happen na?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Gaddemit.

My phrases dey go international angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lana1:
Lol. But from a United point of view, i think that G.Neville's team make sense.

G. Neville's line-up makes perfect sense. He might be a poor coach, but he's got that selection right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
elrony:

"Midfielder Jordan Henderson will captain England against Spain on Tuesday, with Wayne Rooney injured.

Forward Rooney, who led the side in Friday's World Cup qualifying win over Scotland, missed training with a knee injury on Monday then later pulled out of the squad."

Wetin dey happen na?

Normally, Man Utd-Gayners fixture is one fixture I approach with confidence of a favorable result irrespective of our form - good or bad. But the recent gale of injuries that have hit us shreds that confidence to pieces. I don't know if Mourinho's Village witches are after him. It's like we take one step forward and 10 steps backward. Which kind of ill-luck has befallen with such an important match few days away?

Imagine Bailly, Smalling, Shaw, and Valencia all injured. How are we going to defend? Our entire dependable defenders are out in one month. I pity Mourinho right now. He'll probably play two left-legged CBs or partner Rojo with Calamity Jones - a recipe for disaster. I really don't give a tuppence about Rooney and Ibra missing out. Na that defense dey scare me. If there's any time Wengay has an opportunity of causing an upset at Old Trafford, that moment is now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
shey na dis yeye tom heaton de form superman against us, see how he disgraced himself, useless goalkeeper.

meanwhile, rashford don drop wella, guy no de try at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) ... (14267) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: dcrested(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.