Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,821 members, 7,962,655 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9190528 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) ... (14399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2016
grin
Kagawa10:

I was about to say that! Did you think a player like Rashford woulda put in such chance inside the net?

But we're you not the same person that stated here that Rashford has "fully developed world class striking instincts and that he should be man uniteds top 9?" even at 18 years old......so now doubts have crept in!

By the way you know it is futile trying to deny this...I always deliver the posts!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:
Is this is a bleeping joke?
First Willian, now Mikel??
angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2016
We should actually pay you guys to take Mikel off us. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2016
Agents just link United to their players whenever they want to sell
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Jose Mourinho has praised Phil Jones and taken a sly dig at rival Pep Guardiola.

Mourinho is amazed by Jones' comeback from injury after fearing for his career.

While Guardiola indulges John Stones with the ball at his feet at neighbours Manchester City, Mourinho reckons Jones is all about out-and-out defending.

Jones’ form in the last three games has seen him turn back the clock to the time when he was branded the next John Terry while at Blackburn.

Mourinho said: “It is difficult to compare players. Jones is faster than John; John is better in the air than Jones.

“They are different players but what I like is defenders that enjoy defending. Jones likes to defend, as a defender. Sometimes defenders now think the most important quality is to build from the back.

“That is not the most important quality. The most important quality is to defend. Then, if you can add quality in the build-up, you become a very good player.

“But to defend is, for me, the most important quality in a central defender. I am getting that from Jones at a moment when he was not really ready to play.

“He stepped in front because the team didn’t have players to play at Swansea and gave one step forward. I went for it. He has a good personality. Now, with one or two weeks of football and training, he looks very sharp and the team is safe.”

[Source: The Sun] #MUFC #Jones #Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Jones is one of the shortest centre backs out there. He is 5.11ft, if only he was even 6.1

Although Jones is still a very good jumper, we will need Smalling to play with him instead of Rojo. Rojo is trying but despite his height he offers nothing aerially.

The advantage Smalling has is his ability to play on both sides of the Central defence over Bailly and Jones. Bailly has not been used on the LCB and it's glaring he will be uncomfortable there. Jones has played there but he is not as comfortable as Smalling on the left side centre defence.

But it is left for the coach to know his best combination.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
elampiro:
Jose Mourinho has praised Phil Jones and taken a sly dig at rival Pep Guardiola.

Mourinho is amazed by Jones' comeback from injury after fearing for his career.

While Guardiola indulges John Stones with the ball at his feet at neighbours Manchester City, Mourinho reckons Jones is all about out-and-out defending.

Jones’ form in the last three games has seen him turn back the clock to the time when he was branded the next John Terry while at Blackburn.

Mourinho said: “It is difficult to compare players. Jones is faster than John; John is better in the air than Jones.

“They are different players but what I like is defenders that enjoy defending. Jones likes to defend, as a defender. Sometimes defenders now think the most important quality is to build from the back.

“That is not the most important quality. The most important quality is to defend. Then, if you can add quality in the build-up, you become a very good player.

“But to defend is, for me, the most important quality in a central defender. I am getting that from Jones at a moment when he was not really ready to play.

“He stepped in front because the team didn’t have players to play at Swansea and gave one step forward. I went for it. He has a good personality. Now, with one or two weeks of football and training, he looks very sharp and the team is safe.”

[Source: The Sun] #MUFC #Jones #Mourinho

My guy he was comparing JONES to JOHN TERRY! He took no dig whatsoever at guardiola!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/26/phil-jones-jose-mourinho-manchester-united
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

But we're you not the same person that stated here that Rashford has "fully developed world class striking instincts and that he should be man uniteds top 9?" even at 18 years old......so now doubts have crept in!

By the way you know it is futile trying to deny this...I always deliver the posts!

Rashford isn't that type of striker that contest for that kind of ball. He's at his best when his off the ball movement is picked out with incisive pass through the middle or crosses put to him at the back of the post, and not crosses put in packed opposition box.

Rashford is still a quality player when used right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:

Fvcking big lie

Against stoke, Ibrahimovic was set free by Pogba and with the right side of the goal clear Ibrahimovic shoots to the tight and covered left. last game Ibrahimovic was set free and while a simple chip would do like what Rooney did against feyernood, instead he takes a low shot and keeper gets his leg to it. Same as in matches against Burnley and Arsenal. Watch highlights of those misses and you'll know how much of a lie you just told.

Do you really watch our matches? I mean sit in a proper room and watch a television not some place where people are running commentary and you hear

Check out Ibra chances in the Westham game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_DchykZPs4&itct=CAsQpDAYBCITCMDb4ff2zdACFY-zVQodqSACaTIHcmVsYXRlZEiTuNLRncCc8tcB&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US

Then tell me if any of those were easy? As a matter of fact, Ibra has been the only one that consistently creates clear cut chances in the team. Forget about Pogba lofted ball, Rooney's crosses or Mata puffing and huffing, Ibra has been more essential to our style of play than anyone else and without him, no one else can make the other players crosses look as good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
This was the Stoke game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeEdMwsj2hw

And it was only his first chance that looked clear-cut which the stoke keeper did well enough to make a double save. Apart from that, it was several half chances which Ibra made to look good.

This is was the Burnley game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMqh6DkxWPg

Apart from that Mata pass to him which was repeated played several times in the clip, there was no other clear-cut chance. The other I can only think of was Pogba cross to him at the far post towards the end of the clip and Ibra had to keep stretching to hit it first time. One was also a throughball Ibra made to Pogba and following it up to receive the cut back which was well hit but blocked by the Burnley defenders. The scissor kick to Herrera cross was by no means an easy chance.

On the other hand, Ibra's vision was quite much more important in the Burnley game. There was one time he sent clear Rashford who made a cut back to Mata and also, Ibra was much more involved in our overall play..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Funlordjnr:

My guy he was comparing JONES to JOHN TERRY! He took no dig whatsoever at guardiola!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/26/phil-jones-jose-mourinho-manchester-united

It was not written by me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

Check out Ibra chances in the Westham game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_DchykZPs4&itct=CAsQpDAYBCITCMDb4ff2zdACFY-zVQodqSACaTIHcmVsYXRlZEiTuNLRncCc8tcB&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US

Then tell me if any of those were easy? As a matter of fact, Ibra has been the only one that consistently creates clear cut chances in the team. Forget about Pogba lofted ball, Rooney's crosses or Mata puffing and huffing, Ibra has been more essential to our style of play than anyone else and without him, no one else can make the other players crosses look as good.

Ibrahimovic has had the easiest chances in the EPL so far. I lost count of one vs one he missed and the clear cut chances missed. Against City he missed. I think against Liverpool he missed two one vs one because lack of speed let him down. Just like the chance Rashford missed against West Ham, but Ibrahimovic didn't even have the speed to finish his race towards the goalkeeper.

If he were clinical, we would have at least been 3rd. We need a younger striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
elampiro:

Ibrahimovic has had the easiest chances in the EPL so far. I lost count of one vs one he missed and the clear cut chances missed. Against City he missed. I think against Liverpool he missed two one vs one because lack of speed let him down. Just like the chance Rashford missed against West Ham, but Ibrahimovic didn't even have the speed to finish his race towards the goalkeeper.

If he were clinical, we would have at least been 3rd. We need a younger striker

But in the clip above, it shows that those alleged easy chances were just in our fan's head and imagination.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Elxandre:

I'm happy you obviously see Arsenal as inferior even though you and your delusional friends before the match, claimed we had no chance against them.
This alone makes me question your sanity.

Keep dodging the prompts...Arsenals squad is inferior, their form wasn't...So you can move your questioning elsewhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

But in the clip above, it shows that those alleged easy chances were just in our fan's head and imagination.

Ibrahimovic miss vs Liverpool. Check it out only 13 sec clip. I will look for others.

Opta doesn't lie on big chances/clear cut chances. It has to be one vs one, a clear header when unmarked and one should have reasonable score from the situation, a tap in, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQssGLpBieE&itct=CBIQpDAYBCITCOHgsuGkztACFRKSVQodApQNplIdSWJyYWhpbW92aWMgbWlzcyB2cyBMaXZlcnBvb2w%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kagawa10

Watch the clip between 2.40 to 2.59 you will see miss two great chances in quick succession. The second was particularly painful because the keeper was displaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE7e47EhzZA&itct=CBYQpDAYACITCP7HjYWmztACFawLfwod3CAMElIjSWJyYWhpbW92aWMgbWlzcyB2cyBNYW5jaGVzdGVyIENpdHk%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Watch the first half vs Watford

He should have hit target but he missed. Then on another occasion his pace let him down. Watch the first 3 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaM5_6jwg&itct=CBYQpDAYACITCPP1yt-oztACFQoYfwodPLMHyVIWSWJyYWhpbW92aWMgdnMgV2F0Zm9yZA%3D%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
All I've seen is just 1 clear-cut chance for Ibra per game and a striker is allowed to miss 1 per game. Maybe you need to watch the likes of Lewy and Auba to see they missed at least 1 per game.

However, the point is we hardly create multiple clear-cut chances for Ibra. As a matter of fact, Ibra made those chances possible. I trust Rashford na, he won't even bother about those nonsense crosses or lofted ball in the first place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kagawa10:
All I've seen is just 1 clear-cut chance for Ibra per game and a striker is allowed to miss 1 per game. Maybe you need to watch the likes of Lewy and Auba to see they missed at least 1 per game.

However, the point is we hardly create multiple clear-cut chances for Ibra. As a matter of fact, Ibra made those chances possible. I trust Rashford na, he won't even bother about those nonsense crosses or lofted ball in the first place.

You don't write like one who knew what the clear cut chance is. Strikers hardly get one pay game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
elampiro:

You don't write like one who knew what the clear cut chance is. Strikers hardly get one pay game.

Maybe you've been so deluded by our little creativity that you think all those Ariel crosses and outside the box shots are clear-cut chances!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
Look at the clear cut chances missed as at Oct 20th. Ibrahimovic leads. I can't even find Costa and Aguero on the list.

This doesn’t even include his miss vs Chelsea that should have put the game at 1-1. His horrible miss vs Burnley.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

Maybe you've been so deluded by our little creativity that you think all those Ariel crosses and outside the box shots are clear-cut chances!

You wey no know ball na why tell me about clear cut chance?

The very good EPL teams create about 1.7 clear cut chances per game. The middle table teams create 1 per game while the bottom team create less than 1 per game. So a striker of the top team might just get one clear cut chance in a game. According to your logic, if your striker is allowed to miss one clear cut chance per game, it means he sqaundered all the clear cut chances that come his way in the season.

OPTA: Clear Cut Chances

Clear Cut chances are one of those underrated stats in football. The definition of a clear cut chance is ‘ A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score usually in a one-on-one scenario or from very close range. ’ (EPL Index) So in other words, a clear cut chance is a chance where the attacker is odds on to score, it can range from a one on one finish, a unmarked headed chance or a tap in chance.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
elampiro:
Look at the clear cut chances missed as at Oct 20th. Ibrahimovic leads. I can't even find Costa and Aguero on the list.

This doesn’t even include his miss vs Chelsea that should have put the game at 1-1. His horrible miss vs Burnley.

I've bee watching through the clips you posted and I couldn't help but laugh. Even the goal he scored against City wasn't easy. He had to volley most of the chances while the ball is still in mid air, he almost even got injured because he was trying too hard to connect mid air with one of these terrible chances. Because as soon as these chance drops to the ground, they are promptly cleared off.

The only clear cut in the city game was the one blocked by Stones. You could say he shoulda hit harder but I guess he didn't think anyone would have blocked it considering Bravo already left his post. Hence, the soft hit which was tricking inside the net until Stones' block.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kagawa10:

I've bee watching through the clips you posted and I couldn't help but laugh. Even the goal he scored against City wasn't easy. He had to volley most of the chances while the ball is still in mid air, he almost even got injured because he was trying too hard to connect mid air with one of these terrible chances. Because as soon as these chance drops to the ground, they are promptly cleared off.

The only clear cut in the city game was the one blocked by Stones. You could say he shoulda hit harder but I guess he didn't think anyone would have blocked it considering Bravo already left his post. Hence, the soft hit which was tricking inside the net until Stones' block.

My guy, forget all these your mamaput analysis. There are standards for measuring clear cut chances as defined by OPTA and EPL official index. They are published by opta, EAsports, and redistributed by skysports, etc.

See below the skysports clear cut chances missed as at Oct 30th after the Chelsea and Burnley games.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
LOL @ Mamaput analysis.

Elamps baba! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
*in DJ Khalid's voice*; "it's another one"

Lmao @ "mamaput analysis"

Kagawa10, Abeg you no know ball grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Heaven receives the Chapecoesce stars. God bless their souls.

Death everywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
What do guys think of this Victor Lindelof guy? We're being linked with a bid for him, seeing as we horribly lacked height in our defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
elampiro:

OPta clear-cut chances stats is about shots missed inside the box. They don't determine which one was in the mid air, on ground or headed! As long it's inside the box and it was missed, then It's clear cut.

Aguero has missed more easy clear cut chances than Ibra for example, the Everton, Southampton games et al but because he hardly tried too hard to connect mid air nor contest aerial duels unlike Ibra, no one is holding him to ransom unlike Ibra whom you could just look at the amount of shots he took inside the box and claim he's missed plenty of chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
Danhumprey:

What do guys think of this Victor Lindelof guy? We're being linked with a bid for him, seeing as we horribly lacked height in our defence.
We need experienced CB especially from Epl.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) ... (14399) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: obainojazz(m), kizolo(m), afrodoc2, Jamiuokolaa and 47 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.