Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,027 members, 7,966,782 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9210873 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4101) (4102) (4103) (4104) (4105) (4106) (4107) ... (14408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 8:33pm On May 21, 2017
Odunharry:

Baba elamps wan discredit Our own Gae.
Trying to post pix of the free kick but its not posting.

Against Liverpool, Fabio Aurelio scored a free kick where Van der sat was rooted to the spot. He didn't even make a move to save. He just watched as the ball entered into the net.

Can't someone post from YouTube without been banned and the post hidden?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:35pm On May 21, 2017
Gyfil

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 8:36pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

Rooney is unjustly attacked here.

Even when we all saw that he was poor, he's unjustly attacked here? You are doing the same against De gea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

This one is ridiculous na. This is more like a penalty. This is taken from the 18 line and it went under the wall.
Don't understand what you saw or saying.
And how about the VDS'?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2017
osgreat:

Against Liverpool, Fabio Aurelio scored a free kick where Van der sat was rooted to the spot. He didn't even make a move to save. He just watched as the ball entered into the net.

Can't someone post from YouTube without been banned and the post hidden?
i remember the match. .He just stood there like a tree.

Nakamura did same from 30yards
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2017
chrisley024:
Don't understand what you saw or saying.
And how about the VDS'?

So if Van Der Sar concedes one freekick in two-three seasons you hold him against him? Someone whose aerial prowess rendered opposing teams useless from crosses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:47pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

I dislike his lack of aerial command. I think he invites pressure because they know he would not go out.

I ask you, why did he concede also against Fernabache?
moussa sow wonder goal na the only thing I remember for that game.

Real Madrid Don dey ask again.
He go comot for you soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:49pm On May 21, 2017
osgreat:

Even when we all saw that he was poor, he's unjustly attacked here? You are doing the same against De gea.

Rooney is blamed in every game we lose whether he was our best player on the pitch or worst. It doesn't matter.

But DeGea is a sacred cow that his flaws must not be discussed.

Why did you even bring Rooney into this? Is Rooney a goalkeeper? Abeg shift.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:50pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

So if Van Der Sar concedes one freekick in two-three season you hold him against him? Someone whose aerial prowess rendered opposing teams useless from crosses.
You're now shifting goalpost. Now aerial balls not free kick
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 8:56pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

If a keeper is beaten once in a while, it is excusable. And you should stop talking about retiring days of Van Der Sar.

Retiring days of Van der sar in 2006 barely a year after he was bought & 2009?

Excuses upon excuses after showing you that Van der sar has also conceded such free kicks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2017
chrisley024:
You're now shifting goalpost. Now aerial balls not free kick

I am not shifting. DeGea conceded freekick against Payet. Even Payet said he didn't expect to beat him from there. This season he conceded two similar freekicks.

My major worry was that DeGea didn’t even anticipate the ball could go over the wall in both cases this season. He was caught rooted against Fernabache and Swansea.

Today, Peirera didn’t just save, he caught the freekick. That's a young keeper. Good anticipation. If it were DeGea today and the ball beat him, people would have said he is not at fault.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02pm On May 21, 2017
osgreat:

Retiring days of Van der sar in 2006 barely a year after he was bought & 2009?

Excuses upon excuses after showing you that Van der sar has also conceded such free kicks.

The video I saw was the Jersey we used in either 2009 or 2010. Not 2006.

Remember again, I am not saying a keeper cannot be beaten from free kick, but the frequency. When DeGea was beaten against Payet, I didn’t talk. When he was beaten against Fernabache, I didn’t talk. They are just becoming too frequent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

So if Van Der Sar concedes one freekick in two-three seasons you hold him against him? Someone whose aerial prowess rendered opposing teams useless from crosses.

I really don't know why our guys find it hard to swallow the truth especially when it comes to their favourite player....... DDG messes up when it comes to crosses and direct freekicks.. he's one of the best goalies but his mistakes are glaring, and it's something he does almost every time..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:06pm On May 21, 2017
Odunharry:
Gyfil

You see, a similar freekick a small boy Peirera pinned today. Taken from same spot, same foot and aimed close to the post. He pinned it kpam.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

I am not shifting. DeGea conceded freekick against Payet. Even Payet said he didn't expect to beat him from there. This season he conceded two similar freekicks.

My major worry was that DeGea didn’t even anticipate the ball could go over the wall in both cases this season. He was caught rooted against Fernabache and Swansea.

Today, Peirera didn’t just save, he caught the freekick. That's a young keeper. Good anticipation. If it were DeGea today and the ball beat him, people would have said he is not at fault.

I bet that they'll have defended him with their lives.....some will start analysing how tough it is to catch that ball, some will blame the wall or the guy who conceded the freekick... smh..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

A free kick that hit pole to go in. Abeg goan sleep

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:08pm On May 21, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Is I had given wrong?
nope... check his original comment. He said 'give' instead of 'given'...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2017
Real madrid are the Champs of spain! Lovely....for my boy cr7
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 9:09pm On May 21, 2017
adebayo201:
nope... check his original comment. He said 'give' instead of 'given'...

I saw given in urs.. ..so I tot u said it was wrong, i for say how.? grin

Tnx for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 9:10pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

Rooney is blamed in every game we lose whether he was our best player on the pitch or worst. It doesn't matter.

But DeGea is a sacred cow that his flaws must not be discussed.

Why did you even bring Rooney into this? Is Rooney a goalkeeper? Abeg shift.

What happens when Rooney was poor? You keep bringing out how he wasn't the poorest and bringing out the stats of the players who were poorer in order to excuse Rooney.

De Gea isn't a sacred cow. Every player has his flaws but the way you are going about it since about 3-4 weeks now is becoming something else just because Romero has been performing. Going as low as now comparing Pereira to him is too far.

The free kicks you are now using to criticize him is not it at all. Any good free kick taker can score against any good goal keeper on his day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SeekinAttention(f): 9:11pm On May 21, 2017
Chelseafan1:

I saw given in urs.. ..so I tot u said it was wrong for say how.? grin

Tnx for the clarification.

Olodo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 9:13pm On May 21, 2017
elampiro:

The video I saw was the Jersey we used in either 2009 or 2010. Not 2006.

Remember again, I am not saying a keeper cannot be beaten from free kick, but the frequency. When DeGea was beaten against Payet, I didn’t talk. When he was beaten against Fernabache, I didn’t talk. They are just becoming too frequent.

Nakamura of Celtic was in UCL in 2006.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:17pm On May 21, 2017
osgreat:

Nakamura of Celtic was in UCL in 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-WUmGZxq5E
Not even one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 9:25pm On May 21, 2017
chrisley024:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-WUmGZxq5E
Not even one

Exactly! You see he stood rooted to the spot without even moving.

I tried posting it few weeks ago but was banned and it was hidden. How did you do it without being banned?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:28pm On May 21, 2017
osgreat:

Exactly! You see he stood rooted to the spot without even moving.

I tried posting it few weeks ago but was banned and it was hidden. How did you do it without being banned?
Just copy the link and paste. with phone i replace m.you... with www.you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 9:30pm On May 21, 2017
chrisley024:
Just copy the link and paste. with phone i replace m.you... with www.you

Oh! Okay, thank you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2017
osgreat:

What happens when Rooney was poor? You keep bringing out how he wasn't the poorest and bringing out the stats of the players who were poorer in order to excuse Rooney.

De Gea isn't a sacred cow. Every player has his flaws but the way you are going about it since about 3-4 weeks now is becoming something else just because Romero has been performing. Going as low as now comparing Pereira to him is too far.

The free kicks you are now using to criticize him is not it at all. Any good free kick taker can score against any good goal keeper on his day.

No mind elamps. He don smoke that thing again.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:35pm On May 21, 2017
One played with good defence in front him, the other played with shitty players who couldn't just stay fit for a month.
Its either they get injure in training or match.

One has played more minutes and the other has more saves and clean sheets..

VDS N DE GAE.

Elampiro wont remember the free kick he saved against Everton and the second half Oviedo strike he saved last season too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osgreat: 9:45pm On May 21, 2017
Odunharry:
One played with good defence in front him, the other played with shitty players who couldn't just stay fit for a month.

VDS N DE GAE.

Elampiro wont remember the free kick he saved against Everton and the second half Oviedo strike he saved last season too.

I can see it's because of Romero's recent performances.

He did something similar at the beginning of 2015/16 season when De Gea was dropped for Romero because of his purported transfer to Real Madrid. I could remember that time when he was praising this same Romero after every match until he conceded two cheeky goals against Swansea City and beaten 2 - 1.

I like Romero because he is a good goal keeper and he has been a capable second choice for our team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2017
Odunharry:

VDS N DE GAE.

Was it not the same defence that DeGea met in 2011/2012 and the panick from crosses immediately began? Oppositions started staying with him to intimidate him, something that never happened before. The new defence you complained about is what Romero used to take us to the final. The new keeper came to ease them of aerial burden today by running out far to punch a corner kick.

Van Der Sar made crosses useless for opponents.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:47pm On May 21, 2017
chrisley024:
A free kick that hit pole to go in. Abeg goan sleep

Today’s freekick could have gone in or even in via the pole, but it was saved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:48pm On May 21, 2017
GloryIsaac:

I bet that they'll have defended him with their lives.....some will start analysing how tough it is to catch that ball, some will blame the wall or the guy who conceded the freekick... smh..

Lol

Freekick over the wall, it is the wall's duty, they will say. But today, the boy made it his duty.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4101) (4102) (4103) (4104) (4105) (4106) (4107) ... (14408) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bjteensdes24, MeniMeni and 100 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.