Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8916170 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4296) (4297) (4298) (4299) (4300) (4301) (4302) ... (14229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:46am On Jul 27, 2017
Why are we so lost moving forward against top teams like this?Wing backs were delivering shit leaving Lukaku stranded. And that Jones along with his brother Smelling disgust me with some of their back to keeper safe passes, they should just do and go. An average barca second string team b in second half and all we can do is pass back. As for Lindelof, dude better wake up. This is preseason and he still wobbly... when those crazy speedsters in the league come i wonder how he'll cope. It'll be sad to see any of those English Fvckheads being a mainstay in the defense this season. We seriously need Perisic and a new DM... hell a solid left back and right back and not these average pretenders we are deceiving ourselves with. Not impressed by anyone of them in previous seasons regardless of whatever deceptive accolade we the fans have been according them as our drop over the years made them look like worldclass. Case in point Valencia our so-called best Right back in the league who is still miles away from the best right backs in Europe. My assessment of next season is not based on this match or our preseason so far but i believe for now ill just have to take it that we might challenge for top four and possibly the league which would be over reaching. In Europe we'll be going in as underdogs and be lucky to get anywhere near the UCL quaters or Semi's.

As for those fighting please let's act matured and let go of some snide remarks. I didn't check the previous post before quoting Vanquay about still feeling hurt over long forgotten issues. I don't know why people are so butt hurt over what faceless people say on the internet. To me it reeks of a self esteem problem amd I want to believe none of yall trading snide remarks are less than 18 and still wondering why their friends dickk looks way bigger. People are always on this thread nowadays looking to hail someone with the best word play skill, chipping in some likes to massage their fragile ego but boys the real world is out there. Football is just what it is at the end of the day... fotball!

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:51am On Jul 27, 2017
joeace2020:
Why are we so lost moving forward against top teams like this?Wing backs were delivering shit leaving Lukaku stranded. And that Jones along with his brother Smelling disgust me with some of their back to keeper safe passes, they should just do and go. An average barca second string team b in second half and all we can do is pass back. As for Lindelof, dude better wake up. This is preseason and he still wobbly... when those crazy speedsters in the league come i wonder how he'll cope. It'll be sad to see any of those English Fvckheads being a mainstay in the defense this season. We seriously need Perisic and a new DM... hell a solid left back and right back and not these average pretenders we are deceiving ourselves with. Not impressed by anyone of them in previous seasons regardless of whatever deceptive accolade we the fans have been according them as our drop over the years made them look like worldclass. Case in point Valencia our so-called best Right back in the league who is still miles away from the best right backs in Europe. My assessment of next season is not based on this match or our preseason so far but i believe for now ill just have to take it that we might challenge for top four and possibly the league which would be over reaching. In Europe we'll be going in as underdogs and be lucky to get anywhere near the UCL quaters or Semi's
Calm Down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:58am On Jul 27, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Calm Down

Our transition from defense has been poor since last season. Not even talking about preseason here. If we can't move the ball forward quickly, atleast let the crosses to the big man upfront look well placed not like some training ground kick and clear tactics. Am not going all negatives based on this match though atleast i can take pride that across two games with worldclass stars we weren't torn apart and their goals have been from massive defensive howlers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 27, 2017
where is funlord?
hahaha and man united shall forever remain our wife, that we rape like a bitchh..
hahahaha funlord who is now the boss?
me or you?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 27, 2017
If not for degea, the scoreline in first half would be 4goals to zero..
Hahahah up Barcelona for ever..
my prayer now is for united to qualify for the finals of next champions league against Barcelona....
hahaha i will start celebrating the victory of Barcelona even before the match will kick off..
hahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:27am On Jul 27, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
where is funlord?
hahaha and man united shall forever remain our wife, that we rape like a bitchh..
hahahaha funlord who is now the boss?
me or you?

1-0? Well una try
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord do you know that the news headlines all over the world now is that David degea saves man united from the humiliation of MSN?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

1-0? Well una try
he he if not for degea, e for reach 4 for half time..
That una keeper good sha..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:38am On Jul 27, 2017
joeace2020:

I don't know why people are so butt hurt over what faceless people say on the internet. To me it reeks of a self esteem problem amd I want to believe none of yall trading snide remarks are less than 18 and still wondering why their friends dickk looks way bigger. People are always on this thread nowadays looking to hail someone with the best word play skill, chipping in some likes to massage their fragile ego but boys the real world is out there. Football is just what it is at the end of the day... fotball!

Envy, poor cognitive reasoning abilities and real life frustration are always the root cause of some of these niggas problems! Stay shining and while they stay stalking..... wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 27, 2017
Vanquay:
63% possession for Barca, that's disgraceful.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:41am On Jul 27, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
[b
That una keeper good sha.. [/b]

That's why he is man uniteds keeper! We only parade the best....or you don forget!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:51am On Jul 27, 2017
Valencia has just not done himself any favors during pre season sha....i really hope dharmian can give him something to think about this season! His school boy error for that barca goal na wa......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:16am On Jul 27, 2017
"It's very important to lose a match in pre-season. You don't like to lose but I think it's very important.

"I think it would be very bad for us to leave the US without a defeat, playing against teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, it would be very bad to go home with just victories.

"So the defeat is good. But I think in the game we did some very good things and we did bad things. The very good things are to keep and the bad things are to improve."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:19am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

Valencia has just not done himself any favors during pre season sha....i really hope dharmian can give him something to think about this season! His school boy error for that barca goal na wa......
Honestly,i feel like na leyqute head catch Valencia.
He should be better as season ntart.
That first supercup match,na him be my first test for this team,so make all them all the mistake them one make now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Now I understand why JM is clamoring for a Winger and a DMF. United really need a classy Winger who can conveniently operate as a RW and RWF.

Also, United is bigger than having the Likes of Fellaini and ageing Carrick in the Midfield Department. Presently the Team can only rely on Pogba and Herrera, perhaps Perreira too as the Midfielders.

However, I really don't fancy the Perisic Dude, except he comes and proves me wrong. I would have wished for Bale, but it seems he's out of Reach except Madrid willingly offer him to us.

All in all..... the Team had a good Preseason against Top Teams in Europe. Win one, draw one and honorably lose one - Kudos to the Manager, his Crew and the Players.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 6:28am On Jul 27, 2017
SIRcumalot:

That first supercup match,na him be my first test for this team,so make all them all the mistake them one make now.

I mean come on.....wetin be that? See as dem push am comot for road like toddler on top tricycle? After him go dey form muscle man......Hian! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 6:43am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:
Now I understand why JM is clamoring for a Winger and a DMF. United really need a classy Winger who can conveniently operate as a RW and RWF.

I would have wished for Bale, but it seems he's out of Reach except Madrid willingly offer him to us.

Bale from where? If benchy morata had £70milly on his back what do you think they would have wanted for bale? Bale is also extremely unreliable with his brittle bones! Too expensive...never fit and unwilling to leave madrid...maybe when Mbappe starts benching him too he will realize his folly! My own stress is the back up in midfield!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:53am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

Bale from where? If benchy morata had £70milly on his back what do you think they would have wanted for bale? Bale is also extremely unreliable with his brittle bones! Too expensive...never fit and unwilling to leave madrid...maybe when Mbappe starts benching him too he will realize his folly! My own stress is the back up in midfield!

grin

That's why I said if Madrid willingly offer him to us [at cheaper Rate], coz I'm hopeful they would let go one of the BBC if they eventually sign Mbappe.

Bale wasn't an injury-prone Freak in England, perhaps his Body wants him out of Spain!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2017
I think the problem with the team has to do with their mentality. FEAR.

They're still afraid of attacking and losing the ball. When they lose the ball they defend for fear of conceding. There were many instances where Blind had acres of space in front of him but instead he'll stick to Smalling or Jone's side like a new bride. We need to maximize the wings, spread the field for the opponent. Make them run after the ball and not get it. Look at the way Madrid's full backs played against us. They stretched the field to the maximum and made us run for the ball. Why can't we do the same?

And when Blind had the ball toward the opposition's corner, his crosses were always off the mark. For Crisssake! Lukaku is a tall dude! Give him 3 accurate crosses and he'll hit the target at least once.

Valencia is just who he has been. I'm not surprised he goofed. His one-legged style of football to me has always been bismuth. I know many fans here like him. I don't. Even Jesus Navas with his one-legged football understands the game more than Val25.

Pogba surprisingly has some positives from the match. He held the ball well, passed well and hit the target too. He's a top quality player, he only needs to mature his game.

I couldn't shake the feeling that Barca, who started their preseason 4 days ago, were fitter than us who have been training for almost a month. We were slower while they were sharper and faster.

All in all, it's just a preseason but that performance is telling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:08am On Jul 27, 2017
SIRcumalot:

My head catch Valencia for wetin, kwanu?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:10am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

That's why I said if Madrid willingly offer him to us [at cheaper Rate]

Bale wasn't an injury-prone Freak in England, perhaps his Body wants him out of Spain!
Bale actually was...right from his southampton days! Very unreliable athlete! Check his record!

As for Madrid? Will smith abi Willingly offer united anything? After that back hand mourinho gave them again day before yesterday? E be like say pastor elrony church sermon of forgiveness don fall on you! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2017
SIRcumalot:

He is going to make a couple more mistakes next season same with other players that is a given. Lindelof did his against more average players and nobody said any serious shiit.

This is the first real preseason I have watched and I don't think I can form an opinion from this. Will try to watch a couple more. But from our last match, our transit from defense to attack is very poor. Watched a couple of our forward plays and it seems all man is playing for himself and when he eventually passes or crosses in that final third, it's always very heavy. Our strikers cannot be feeding off scraps in this new season o. Unto the next one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

Bale actually was...right from his southampton days! Very unreliable athlete! Check his record!

As for Madrid? Will smith abi Willingly offer united anything? After that back hand mourinho gave them again day before yesterday? E be like say pastor elrony church sermon of forgiveness don fall on you! undecided

grin

LMAO!

Seem you are ok with Perisic?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:18am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

Also, United is bigger than having the Likes of Fellaini and ageing Carrick in the Midfield Department. Presently the Team can only rely on Pogba and Herrera, perhaps Perreira too as the Midfielders.

However, I really don't fancy the Perisic Dude, except he comes and proves me wrong. I would have wished for Bale, but it seems he's out of Reach except Madrid willingly offer him to us.

All in all..... the Team had a good Preseason against Top Teams in Europe. Win one, draw one and honorably lose one - Kudos to the Manager, his Crew and the Players.
I remember I once said something about we needing a LB RW and CM but you insisted we were okay at LB and CM.

We need more players that can confidently take on defenders and utilize spaces. We need them on our wings not those workaholic type that show flashes of brilliance once in a match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:21am On Jul 27, 2017
"I view Manchester United as a tough, serious team, a team that, perhaps have not been in a good moment, but they were champions of the Europa League [last season] and are back in the Champions League this year.

"They're a strong team, contenders for all competitions, I think they will be a difficult team to beat in the Premier League and in Europe. I wouldn't like to play them in the Champions League."

- Ernesto Valverde
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2017
eph12:

I remember I once said something about we needing a LB RW and CM but you insisted we were okay at LB and CM.

We need more players that can confidently take on defenders and utilize spaces. We need them on our wings not those workaholic type that show flashes of brilliance once in a match.

grin

I said we have enough Players for the Position - Shaw, Blind, Rojo, Darmian et cetera. I didn't object against the Signing of a CM/DM. Feel free to dig and quote where I objected.

Besides, are you satisfied with the RB? Coz you rarely complain or demand for a new Signing for the Position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:35am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

I said we have enough Players for the Position - Shaw, Blind, Rojo, Darmian et cetera. I didn't object against the Signing of a CM/DM. Feel free to dig and quote where I objected.

Besides, are you satisfied with the RB? Coz you rarely complain or demand for a new Signing for the Position.
Val has been fantastic for us, I have no reason to complain. Most times he is always the only one manning that right wing, with no serious help. He's made a mistake or a couple so who hasn't? I always look at the overall performance or consistency. The RB wing is not pressing. I can't think of a better in the EPL or even in Europe that is available.

What we have in the LB position is quantity and not quality. We need that quality especially attack wise. When you look at top teams across Europe, their success is hugely contributed by the full backs. If our full backs can't attack, it will be a real shame because we won't survive the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 7:35am On Jul 27, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
where is funlord??

You must be some pervert to keep joking about such terrible world like molestation. If you wanna troll do it with your Brain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2017
Players Rating

1 David De Gea

Pulled some excellent saves to keep the match at 1-0. United’s defence looks good heading into the new season, but de Gea is there just in case it capitulates the way it did in the first half.

25 Antonio Valencia

Disappointing allowing himself to be outmuscled by Neymar, a weak player, for the goal. He didn’t appear motivated to succeed in that moment and hopefully, it’ll be considered a one-off for a player who’s generally very good.

12 Chris Smalling

Don’t understand how he still gets into Manchester United’s side, even if it is pre-season; his positioning was poor, left gaps in United’s defensive line and broke offside traps, and he can’t tackle; his only defensive move is to tug the shirt of the opposing striker.

2 Victor Lindelof

Looks worryingly unsteady, but in any case, he’s an upgrade on Smalling. Will look better when his partner performs better and allows him to play his role.

17 Daley Blind

Struggled in the first half after a good 10 minutes. Given Smalling’s performances, Blind should be playing his best position, centre-back, and Mourinho should promote Demetri Michell, although that will never happen.

16 Michael Carrick

Had a very good half, looked steady in possession and unmovable in defence in the opening half an hour. Not his fault United were simply outnumbered by Barcelona in the midfield.

6 Paul Pogba

Mourinho’s desire to choose a formation that accommodated Herrera’s injury was a mistake against a talented Barcelona side, but Paul Pogba was at his best, winning the ball, moving forward with incredible power and pace, and doing well to retain it in the final third.

19 Marcus Rashford

Again, he had a few moments that looked promising, but overall failed to influence the game and even retain the ball in the final third. Looks lost, and rightfully so, he belongs between two centre-backs and inside the penalty box.

22 Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Didn't have time to do much as United were dominated throughout the match. However, he should still be creating more than he did with 90 minutes on the pitch.

14 Jesse Lingard

Again looked lost out wide, moved centrally, and there were no wide players to take his place. With Mkhitaryan central and Juan Mata out injured, United’s only true player for the wide positions is Anthony Martial; Lingard needs to be playing centrally, and if Mourinho is to use Mkhitaryan centrally frequently this season, a new addition becomes all the more important for the wide areas.

9 Romelu Lukaku

Quietly effective from Romelu Lukaku, who wasn’t put in behind for the opportunity to score but showed fantastic hold-up play on the night. Don’t expect him to create something out of nothing, like Rashford, he needs to be set up to perform the spectacular against top opposition.

Substitutes

20 Sergio Romero

Excellent saves and good positioning. Often, his distribution looks wayward, but he’s the best backup goalkeeper out there.

3 Eric Bailly

Was beaten a couple of times with a few silly errors, but he’ll be fine heading into the new season once he reaches full fitness.

4 Phil Jones

Overall looked quite good, not afraid to make bold decisions and can back them up with quality. Has come leaps and bounds under Mourinho.

36 Matteo Darmian

Not much in way of attack on his wing but he did his job, Blind’s poor performance on the night means Darmian earns his place as the best left-back on tour again.

27 Marouane Fellaini

It’s worrying that the first alternative to Michael Carrick is Marouane Fellaini, a player who shares none of the same characteristics or positional attributes. Mourinho should be testing his other central midfielders, and the fact he’s satisfied with Fellaini is extremely worrying. Also took an elbow to Gerard Pique in a friendly match.

11 Anthony Martial

The substitution that brought Martial onto the pitch also added attacking threat. While he lost the ball a few times, he also threatened to create a goal, even creating a great chance for Rashford.

44 Andreas Pereira

Looks great again, what’s there to say? He’s much more creative than Jesse Lingard and about equal defensively, would probably be more suited to playing out wide than the Englishman too. If he doesn’t start 30 matches this season, either he got injured, did something wrong, or Mourinho made a massive mistake.

38 Axel Tuanzebe

Solid performance from Tuanzebe, who, despite only having 10 minutes, showed his ability with a massive burst into attack from right-back. Again, he’s an alternative to Fellaini in the deep midfield role. Tuanzebe had a 10-minute cameo last pre-season, in which Jose Mourinho detailed his talents, but a year later, he still hasn’t been incorporated into the squad, despite the need for quality in every position he can play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

Left back?! I think the Position is fairly covered. United have Shaw, Rojo, Blind and even Darmian for the Position already.

My brother, hope you now see what I was trying to say the other time. One of the reasons we ended up as 6th on the log was cos of this very issue. We have got a million of those guys who are not good enough. All they do is to sit back and defend with nothing good enough to contribute towards the attack.

Football has evolved now and I can tell you that a team without solid LB/LWB and RB/RWB will struggle, especially in the EPL. And when I say solid, I do not mean 'sit back and defend' kind. It's time we start attacking with more players .....until that time, we go just dey play boring, predictable and slow kinds of game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:41am On Jul 27, 2017
eph12:

Val has been fantastic for us, I have no reason to complain. Most times he is always the only one manning that right wing, with no serious help. He's made a mistake or a couple so who hasn't? I always look at the overall performance or consistency. The RB wing is not pressing. I can't think of a better in the EPL or even in Europe that is available.

What we have in the LB position is quantity and not quality. We need that quality especially attack wise. When you look at top teams across Europe, their success is hugely contributed by the full backs. If our full backs can't attack, it will be a real shame because we won't survive the season.

I'm ain't contesting the Performance of Valencia either..... but don't you think he needs a solid backup?! What's gonna happen to the Position if he's injured?!

Are you satisfied with Darmian, or you think Mensah and Tuanzebe are ripe enough as Backups?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:45am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

A LB?! You've given up on Shaw, Blind, Rojo?! Even Darmian and Young can play the Position. LOL!

United need to reinforce the RB not the LB Dude except you are contented with Darmian and Mensah as Alternatives!

A CM?! Except you mean DMF! We've got it covered with Pogba, Herrera, Perreira, Carrick, Fellaini and Co!
I group CM and DM together as CM tho I get your point now. But Carrick and Fellaini shouldn't be a first option for us this season o.

Blind and Rojo offers nothing going forward. We need more than that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4296) (4297) (4298) (4299) (4300) (4301) (4302) ... (14229) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Joseph901, Yungbitz(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.