Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8893953 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4297) (4298) (4299) (4300) (4301) (4302) (4303) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:45am On Jul 27, 2017
metodman:

My brother, hope you now see what I was trying to say the other time. One of the reasons we ended up as 6th on the log was cos of this very issue. We have got a million of those guys who are not good enough. All they do is to sit back and defend with nothing good enough to contribute towards the attack.

Football has evolved now and I can tell you that a team without solid LB/LWB and RB/RWB will struggle, especially in the EPL. And when I say solid, I do not mean 'sit back and defend' kind. It's time we start attacking with more players .....until that time, we go just dey play boring, predictable and slow kinds of game

grin

We only have Quantities not Qualities for the Position..... I guess?! I'm hoping Shaw would come good for the Team, also hope he's gonna have an injury-free Season. He's a classy LB, but being letdown by Injury.

A fit Shaw covering the LB would be fantastic for the Team, hence we've got a real Quality among Quantities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:48am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

I'm ain't contesting the Performance of Valencia either..... but don't you think he needs a solid backup?! What's gonna happen to the Position if he's injured?!

Are you satisfied with Darmian, or you think Mensah and Tuanzebe are ripe enough as Backups?!
Like I said some areas are more pressing. LB right now is more pressing. Tuanzebe has shown he can be back up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:50am On Jul 27, 2017
eph12:

I group CM and DM together as CM tho I get your point now. But Carrick and Fellaini shouldn't be a first option for us this season o.

Blind and Rojo offers nothing going forward. We need more than that.

grin

I've already said the same earlier. Fellani is a natural fit for Clubs like Stoke, West-brom, Newcastle etc.

Carrick is a good Player but he's aging, hence we can't rely on him this Season. JM gonna mount pressure on Ed Woodward to get him a solid DM, since we have few Players who can also play on the Wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2017
eph12:

Like I said some areas are more pressing. LB right now is more pressing. Tuanzebe has shown he can be back up.

grin

All is well!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

We only have Quantities not Qualities for the Position..... I guess?! I'm hoping Shaw would come good for the Team, also hope he's gonna have an injury-free Season. He's a classy LB, but being letdown by Injury.

A fit Shaw covering the LB would be fantastic for the Team, hence we've got a real Qualities among Quantities.

This issue has been out there for everyone to see. The Manchester United that we all miss and talk about is one where our LB and RB attacked endlessly, which gave us more bodies in attacking opponents.... Pep, as much as I no fancy the guy know wetin he dey do for this transfer period ... Walker and Mendy will attack more and ask questions in attack and that will unlock lots of defense.

Mou is my man but he's setting himself up for failure and a season where we will rely more on long balls. Our games might remain boring this season. If these issues are not looked into and rectified, Our defense will remain solid again this season BUT we will not score many goals or should I rather say enough goals. Lukaku might score a thousand goals but will not be enough for the team to compete for the league. Making top four will also be tough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 8:19am On Jul 27, 2017
Panicking and wailing and Jose's second season never start

What will you now do in his 3rd?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:32am On Jul 27, 2017
metodman:

This issue has been out there for everyone to see. The Manchester United that we all miss and talk about is one where our LB and RB attacked endlessly, which gave us more bodies in attacking opponents.... Pep, as much as I no fancy the guy know wetin he dey do for this transfer period ... Walker and Mendy will attack more and ask questions in attack and that will unlock lots of defense.

Mou is my man but he's setting himself up for failure and a season where we will rely more on long balls. Our games might remain boring this season. If these issues are not looked into and rectified, Our defense will remain solid again this season BUT we will not score many goals or should I rather say enough goals. Lukaku might score a thousand goals but will not be enough for the team to compete for the league. Making top four will also be tough.

grin

Chill Bro!

The Season ain't gonna be boring..... and I can assure JM plans to play real attacking Footie this coming Season. It's evident in all the Matches played bar the Barcelona Match which is understandable.

So far - Mkhitaryan rarely played on the Wing, same as Mata, thus I think JM is willing to use the right Player for the right Position.

Also, JM is craving for a balance Team, clamoring for the Signings of two more Players, [or at worse one] a DM and a Winger. Hence, seems JM is satisfied with the RBs and LBs at his Disposal presently, the Reason he's not demanding new Players for the Positions.

We need to trust JM Dude - we need to rally round behind him, wholly accept his Style and Tactics this coming Season. He deserves it Bro!

Finally, the Epoch of Sir Alex is gone for good, this is the Era of JM Bro. Though we were used to Sir Alex Style, but I think it's time to lay off Sir Alex Ghost and face the Reality.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
I am even happy we lost the match. Ed and whosoever is in charge will know why Mou is in need of a RWF and DM now than bfr. Had it been we won, they'd have thought that the team is in good shape.

By the way, i am in support of Oasis for Bale rather than Perisic. But Madrid will still be Madrid. Hopefully we can solve those needed spots bfr the season begins fully
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
SeekinAttention:
So manure lost, and some "e warlord fun foolish failure boasting on f'ckkingg püúśy dumb lords "were trolling shekpites for loosing to Bayern

cheesy grin grin
My G.. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 8:55am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Chill Bro!

The Season ain't gonna be boring..... and I can assure JM plans to play real attacking Footie this coming Season. It's evident in all the Matches played bar the Barcelona Match which is understandable.

So far - Mkhitaryan rarely played on the Wing, same as Mata, thus I think JM is willing to use the right Player for the right Position.

Also, JM is craving for a balance Team, clamoring for the Signings of two more Players, [or at worse one] a DM and a Winger. Hence, seems JM is satisfied with the RBs and LBs at his Disposal presently, the Reason he's not demanding new Players for the Positions.

We need to trust JM Dude - we need to rally round behind him, wholly accept his Style and Tactics this coming Season. He deserves it Bro!

Finally, the Epoch of Sir Alex is gone for good, this is the Era of JM Bro. Though we were used to Sir Alex Style, but I think it's time to lay off Sir Alex Ghost and face the Reality.

I do get you Bro and I have always been supporting MOU and will keep supporting him. No be say I dey wish us bad luck but the reality on ground is glaring for us all to see. Lots of below average players (in manutd standard ) and even those that are a little above average are not consistent......now tell me how this kind of team can win the League.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2017
patrickmuf:
I think not, we're clearly lacking a quality LB and a good DM cause Carrick isn't going to be playing week in week out.
Herrera plays as DM, this allows Miki to play in the middle, I don't think a left back is really needed, with Darmian, Shaw, Blind..
There is need for good crosser of the ball from wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2017
metodman:

I do get you Bro and I have always been supporting MOU and will keep supporting him. No be say I dey wish us bad luck but the reality on ground is glaring for us all to see. Lots of below average players (in manutd standard ) and even those that are a little above average are not consistent......now tell me how this kind of team can win the League.

grin

How did Monaco win Ligue 1?! How many Stars were at the Club last Season?! But Today majority of their Players become Stars.

My Point is; if we can get Stars to sign, then we should make them.

With Dedication and Consistency..... the so rated below average Players could become World Class Players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2017
Tvegas:

You must be some pervert to keep joking about such terrible world like molestation. If you wanna troll do it with your Brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjvS2ssRik

Real men take care of their responsibilities...its why my boy always has a smile on his face when he screams "diddy"! So it is my responsibility to still hit you all with the freshest even when we win or lose! Rather than screaming like an on set extra from the movie "babies day out"!

Enjoy the molestation...laughing is allowed but please no tears my alobam! United 4 life! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

How did Monaco win Ligue 1?! How many Stars were at the Club last Season?! But Today majority of their Players become Stars.

My Point is; if we can get Stars to sign, then we should make them.

Bro I am not asking us to go buy stars... no!

I am only asking us to get quality players that are consistent to fill up those holes. It doesn't necessarily mean we going to spend big to get them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:30am On Jul 27, 2017
metodman:

Bro I am not asking us to go buy stars... no!

I am only asking us to get quality players that are consistent to fill up those holes. It doesn't necessarily mean we going to spend big to get them.

JM has the final say. He's the one in charge. He's seeing these Players on daily Basis, assessing their Abilities during Training Sessions, and knows their Limits in a competitive Match.

JM asked for four Signings - A CB, DM, Winger, and a Striker. He didn't ask for a RB nor a LB, if he's not contented with Players that play the Positions for the Team at the moment, he would have asked for Replacements.

Fitness, Dedication and Consistency are all we need from the United Players this coming Season, coz they are good enough to challenge in all Fronts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:32am On Jul 27, 2017
Why the eagerness to single out lindelof these days.
Come, Mona stop this bad habit before Una carry am enter season o.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 9:36am On Jul 27, 2017
Oasis007:

JM has the final say. He's the one in charge. He's seeing these Players on daily Basis, assessing their Abilities during Training Sessions, and knows their Limits in a competitive Match.

JM asked for four Signings - A CB, DM, Winger, and a Striker. He didn't ask for a RB nor a LB, if he's not contented with Players that play the Positions for the Team at the moment, he would have asked for Replacements.

Fitness, Dedication and Consistency are all we need from the United Players this coming Season, coz they are good enough to challenge in all Fronts.

Okay.... i'll accept your opinion if you do not accept mine. I hope and pray for the best this season. Hopefully i'll come back here to say 'Bro, you were really right'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2017
metodman:

Okay.... i'll accept your opinion if you do not accept mine. I hope and pray for the best this season. Hopefully i'll come back here to say 'Bro, you were really right'.

grin

Thank God you ain't ettling to come back and say; didn't I tell you?!

Nice one Bro, I accept your Points too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2017
This team needs 3 more players!

DM, LW, LB....i also don't understand what this Daley blind is all about...the only position that he actually knows how to play(CM) is one he refuses to beg the coach to let him play...he is useless as both a CB or a LB!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SeekinAttention(f): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Skimpledawg:

My G.. grin

cheesy grin grin
I dey low-key oo.. .

Why ur fellow Shekpite chelshitfan1 decide to expose that 37 old fun fool like that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

This team needs 3 more players!

DM, LW, LB....i also don't understand what this Daley blind is all about...the only position that he actually knows how to play(CM) is one he refuses to beg the coach to let him play...he is useless as both a CB or a LB!

we need a RW not a LW
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:37am On Jul 27, 2017
dopeJemi:

we need a RW not a LW

RW? Miki, lingaard, even Mata sef all vying for the right! LW just martial? Is that not why jose is desperate for perisic and also why real is trying to dagbo us with bale?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Herrera plays as DM, this allows Miki to play in the middle, I don't think a left back is really needed, with Darmian, Shaw, Blind..
There is need for good crosser of the ball from wing.
Shaw is injury prone and as per crosses, football has moved on from the period where we had traditional wingers, what we have now is more of inverted forwards, the full is entrusted with more attacking responsibility like whipping in crosses etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:59am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

RW? Miki, lingaard, even Mata sef all vying for the right! LW just martial? Is that not why jose is desperate for perisic and also why real is trying to dagbo us with bale?

The aforementioned Players flourish at LW but flop at RW except Mata. what United really need is LW not RW as DopeJemi said!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2017
SeekinAttention:

cheesy grin grin
I dey low-key oo.. .

Why ur fellow Shekpite chelshitfan1 decide to expose that 37 old fun fool like that?
He go buy market na.. And we 'em blues we sabi sell in wholesale... No time for bits by bits grin

You know the story na tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

miki and Mata aren't wingers, if we are going to compete on all four fronts next season, we cannot rely on AMs to man the wings

lingard is the only one on that right flank that can be a called a winger and we know he is average, we don't have a natural right winger and it has been so for a while now

we have a very good winger in Martial, rashford can also play there, they are direct unlike mata and miki

if we are chasing bale, it's to play the right wing not the left, we need a first choice winger on the right, lingard can be back up, before looking at the LW position, if we are buying any player for that position it will be to compete with Martial

the RW is way more important as we don't have a natural right wing player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2017
Mou was smart to have left Pogba on the pitch. It could have been more disasterous ​
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2017
dopeJemi:

miki and Mata aren't wingers, if we are going to compete on all four fronts next season, we cannot rely on AMs to man the wings

lingard is the only one on that right flank that can be a called a winger and we know he is average, we don't have a natural right winger and it has been so for a while now

we have a very good winger in Martial, rashford can also play there, they are direct unlike mata and miki

if we are chasing bale, it's to play the right wing not the left, we need a first choice winger on the right, lingard can be back up, before looking at the LW position, if we are buying any player for that position it will be to compete with Martial

the RW is way more important as we don't have a natural right wing player

I agree! I prefer players playing in their rightful positions not all this utility crap! See when it was beckhamo in RW Gary at RB....giggs at LW Irwin at LB? no wonder we were always decorating europe and the league with goals....stick to what you know best!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:33am On Jul 27, 2017
funlord:

I agree! I prefer players playing in their rightful positions not all this utility crap! See when it was beckhamo in RW Gary at RB....giggs at LW Irwin at LB? no wonder we were always decorating europe and the league with goals....stick to what you know best!

if we get our signings right, we will be a powerhouse again this season

another bonus will be to play without fear, especially our defenders. Eric seem to be the only one doing that and maybe Valencia, lindelof, I don't know mehn. I am beginning to pray for a speedy recovery for Rojo, I loved the partnership he formed with Eric

we need more than two signings in my opinion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2017
"We spent big money on a striker because, with strikers, you either spend or you don't get.

"And we spent because of what happened to Zlatan and we cannot allow ourselves to be without an important, strong striker for the first six months of the season."

- Jose Mourinho

I think JM wants Zlatan back in the Team, and likely to resign him in January.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2017
"If I had to buy one striker I would go to [Harry] Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he's strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left.

"He's a complete player. He's one of the top strikers in the world. If you go to buy Kane now it would be at least £100m."

"If you want Walker, you know that Walker is expensive. We tried to buy Walker. Honestly, I think now every single player is expensive. For you to even enquire about one player, he is expensive."

- Antonio Conte

---------------------------------------------------
He prefers Kane but he gets Morata. He wanted Walker but ends up with Rudiger. This is simply to tell that it's hard to get what you actually need in this Transfers Window.

Man City are the luckiest, they get the Money, spent it on their Targets and gradually becoming one of the finest Teams in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2017
I really do not know why we ain't biding for Mahrez. I think he can help the Team to solve the RW Problem.

£40m can get him, and if JM is afraid of African Players leaving the Club to play AFCON in the middle of the Season, I believe the Problem is solved already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4297) (4298) (4299) (4300) (4301) (4302) (4303) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.