Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,132 members, 7,896,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8973565 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4565) (4566) (4567) (4568) (4569) (4570) (4571) ... (14267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2017
MRTA7:
Super eagles did it. the world cup next year go sweet die.

Even though I'll be a nervous wreck as usual. undecided

I fear for our defense in the WC proper, especially the CB and LB.

Make we dey look sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2017
Fellaini out for 2 weeks. Got injured in a dead rubber game angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Belgium National Team Medics have confirmed that Fellaini suffers MCL Injury and will be out for 2 Weeks.

Herrera gonna have to prove himself more, and possibly gonna be backed up by McTominay cos Carrick is also not fit yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oasis007:
Belgium National Team Medics have confirmed that Fellaini suffers MCL Injury and will be out for 2 Weeks.

Herrera gonna have to prove himself more, and possibly gonna be backed up by McTominay cos Carrick is also not fit yet.

Herrera's jazzman is super sure and efficient. Hommie couldn't get a sniff, now both Pogba and Fella are injured. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oasis007:

Herrera has been excellent when called upon this season bar the Madrid game where the team generally had a stinker, with him in the team, we've had better control of games and our pressing game has always been better...I just hope Lukaku is fit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
olabode89:

Herrera's jazzman is super sure and efficient. Hommie couldn't get a sniff, now both Pogba and Fella are injured. grin
But it ws sad seeing him on the bench especially after his performances last season...
NB: I'm not saying he is infallible but compared to Fellaini (no disrespect) he should be starting games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
patrickmuf:
But it ws sad seeing him on the bench especially after his performances last season...
NB: I'm not saying he is infallible but compared to Fellaini (no disrespect) he should be starting games.
✔ ✔ Herrera 100%

Better than that Iroko

He creates chances, makes better passes..

The only thing Iroko has over him is the aerial prowess

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
olabode89:

His jazzman dey try well. But make he no finish all our midfield for us. Only Herrera no go fit play midfield o.

Am sure Pereira will be kicking himself by now for going on loan to Valencia..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
patrickmuf:
Herrera has been excellent when called upon this season bar the Madrid game where the team generally had a stinker, with him in the team, we've had better control of games and our pressing game has always been better...I just hope Lukaku is fit?

I add "more" simply hoping he can dish out top Performances that would give JM no Choice but to be starting him in the Matches.

I know Herrera is a good Player, I know he deserves to be in the Team than Fellaini, but I'm ain't the Team Manager hence can only hope he wins the Manager's Confidence starting from the next Game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
olabode89:

Honestly, I never like Fellaini starting at the expense of Herrera. I really can't fathom the Reason JM prefers the former to the Latter, hence I see this Injury as a blessing in Disguise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Chai. I needed fallaini to pepper that Liverpool defence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oasis007:

I add "more" simply hoping he can dish out top Performances that would give JM no Choice but to be starting him in the Matches.

I know Herrera is a good Player, I know he deserves to be in the Team than Fellaini, but I'm ain't the Team Manager hence can only hope he wins the Manager's Confidence starting from the next Game.
Spot on...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
PietroRico:
Lol we might not have the luxury to free Fellaini (even if he was fit) to join the attack at will against pool, cos Mou will definitely approach the game with caution. Lukaku and Martial should be able find space in that porous defence to do damage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
PietroRico:
✔ ✔ Lol

No be lie shaaaa a.. Those aerial contest

Headers... He's good at it.. Something most of players lack bar Lukaku & Ibrahimovic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
patrickmuf:
Lol we might not have the luxury to free Fellaini (even if he was fit) to join the attack at will against pool, cos Mou will definitely approach the game with caution. Lukaku and Martial should be able find space in that porous defence to do damage
I trust Martial to do harm to dem

I am sure Mata is starting at the RW. He loves Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
patrickmuf:
Spot on...

Even if Fellaini is fit, I would rather pray JM plays Herrera instead of him. Liverpool play with Pace, hence playing Fellaini and Matic Pivot is definitely a Disaster in waiting.

Also, I would have hoped JM matches Pace with Pace by playing the quartet of Lukaku, Martial, Mkhitaryan and Rashford upfront, but I think we should rather control the Tempo of the Game by playing Mata instead of Rashford or Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔ Lol

No be lie shaaaa a.. Those aerial contest

Headers... He's good at it.. Something most of players lack bar Lukaku & Ibrahimovic
Uncle Matic nko. I like fellaini maybe because I'm a tall guy myself but when he wants to be shittttt he becomes complete shyytee as in he switches off turns to purge shytee the shytttee one takes when he eats beans and ugu. Lets see how it goes sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
I trust Martial to do harm to dem

I am sure Mata is starting at the RW. He loves Liverpool.

grin grin grin
Martial, Mata and Lukaku should get the nod, they've rested enough...Rashford and Miki from the bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oasis007:

Even if Fellaini is fit, I would rather pray JM plays Herrera instead of him. Liverpool play with Pace, hence playing Fellaini and Matic Pivot is definitely a Disaster in waiting.

Also, I would have hoped JM matches Pace with Pace by playing the quartet of Lukaku, Martial, Mkhitaryan and Rashford upfront, but I think we should rather control the Tempo of the Game by playing Mata instead of Rashford or Martial.
Rashford will most definitely start from the bench along with Miki considering their engagement with their respective national teams...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
KingTom:

Uncle Matic nko. I like fellaini maybe because I'm a tall guy myself but when he wants to be shittttt he becomes complete shyytee as in he switches off turns to purge shytee the shytttee one takes when he eats beans and ugu. Lets see how it goes sha
Lol

Matic neva score for head for us..

So I'll wait to asses him in that aspect

Fellaini
Ibra and Lukaku do it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Lol

Matic neva score for head for us..

So I'll wait to asses him in that aspect

Fellaini
Ibra and Lukaku do it
Ok sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
patrickmuf:
Rashford will most definitely start from the bench along with Miki considering their engagement with their respective national teams...

Mourinho will likely pick Rashford over Martial to start because the former will chase and mark more than the later.

He's going to approach the game with caution, and cater more to defense than attack.

We've seen this happen in the past.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
I hope we are prepared for a workman performance and I hope we won't get any complaints, irrespective of the result.

I'm guessing peeps are preparing in advance.

Because it will be unrealistic to expect us to go gung-ho at Anfield.

My view.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
hoopLA:
I hope we are prepared for a workman performance and I hope we won't get any complaints, irrespective of the result.

I'm guessing peeps are preparing in advance.

Because it will be unrealistic to expect us to go gung-ho at Anfield.

My view.
Liverpool concede almost every time....even against average teams. I expect them to concede at least three goals against us. whether they will score up to three is what I don't know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
patrickmuf:

Nah!

JM can't rest both Rashford and Mkhitaryan, one of them must definitely play. We know Martial can replace Rashford in the Lineup, but who are you gonna replace Mkhitaryan with?!

Remember; Pogba, Carrick, and Fellaini are out of the Team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
lekkie073:
Liverpool concede almost every time....even against average teams. I expect them to concede at least[b] three goals against us[/b]. whether they will score up to three is what I don't know.

I would be optimistic except that lately our Anfield scoring record hasn't been fantastic by any means.
Even under Fergie. Plus they tend to get inspired when playing us. I remember one game where Henderson was absolutely everywhere till Hernandez pinched an equalizer in 2011/12 I think.

I think the team would do well to cope with the game, given its history and the rivalry in question. Any kind of win would do for me. I'm not concerned about the performance. 3 points is what I crave for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
hoopLA:

I would be optimistic except that lately our Anfield scoring record hasn't been fantastic by any means.
Even under Fergie. Plus they tend to get inspired when playing us
. I remember one game where Henderson was absolutely everywhere till Hernandez pinched an equalizer in 2011/12 I think.

I think the team would do well to cope with the game, given its history and the rivalry in question. Any kind of win would do for me. I'm not concerned about the performance. 3 points is what I crave for.

The emboldened part is why I wouldn't mind a draw TBH....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
Leyqute:

Mourinho will likely pick Rashford over Martial to start because the former will chase and mark more than the later.

He's going to approach the game with caution, and cater more to defense than attack.

lol...now you're talking....and yes,miki to start is also sure so its going to be a quartlet of rashford micki lukaku,then either of Mata or lingard
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
adisaaowala:

The emboldened part is why I wouldn't mind a draw TBH....
Indeed.
I think Liverpool flatter to deceive but there is no way Jose is going to play that expansive football we've seen thus far.

His first instinct is to play not to lose rather than to win, if he can help it. Unless something changes between now and Saturday lunch time, I'm very modest on our chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pogba out till december?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
Leyqute:

Martial should start abeg, he offers more and seems to have a good understanding with Lukaku, Rashford for all his defensive awareness can't guarantee the same effect Martial gives us in attack...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
patrickmuf:
Martial should start abeg, he offers more and seems to have a good understanding with Lukaku, Rashford for all his defensive awareness can't guarantee the same effect Martial gives us in attack...

I agree with all you've said about Martial. He connects better with Lukaku and for the past few games seems more dangerous than dangerous than Rashford on the wings.

However, Mourinho is Mourinho. Only he has the power to select the team. He'll approach the game cautiously, opting to defend first and then if need be, attack later in the second half.

Like Dhover suggested, he might even start Lingard ahead of Mata on the RW.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4565) (4566) (4567) (4568) (4569) (4570) (4571) ... (14267) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: daharry(m), Bjteensdes24 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.