Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9150381 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5200) (5201) (5202) (5203) (5204) (5205) (5206) ... (14372) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lana1:
Even after i referenced Messi u still think i mean shoulder to shoulder strength when i say "strength on the ball". SMH!!!

This is what i mean when i say strength on the ball....

Using skill, close control and flair to get out of tight spots to score goals or create chances for teammates.

And if Martial dribled and forced his way into the box trying to create chances like Sallah and he loses possession, na u go still blame am say he lose possession and he should ve passed instead of driving into the box.

Yes. He's young and his gameplay should improve with age

What of that mad assist against Real Madrid in preseason games? Abi that one no follow?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
That Valencia cross in the third gif for Martial's header tho, wish he'd put in those crosses more often.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2018
BushWickBill:

Lol.
Bernardo Silva isn't doing too badly
Bernardo is different. He's a fantastic player just a lack of game time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lana1:
Even after i referenced Messi u still think i mean shoulder to shoulder strength when i say "strength on the ball". SMH!!!

This is what i mean when i say strength on the ball....

Using skill, close control and flair to get out of tight spots to score goals or create chances for teammates.

And if Martial dribled and forced his way into the box trying to create chances like Sallah and he loses possession, na u go still blame am say he lose possession and he should ve passed instead of driving into the box.

Yes. He's young and his gameplay should improve with age

With your gifs, it is clear we are not talking about the same thing (quality).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
elampiro:

With your gifs, it is clear we are not talking about the same thing (quality).

Can you post a gif or describe a situation of what you're talking about? Cos so far, it seems like you're the only one who knows what you're talking about

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
SONofnezzar:

lol...The guy is just useless

Wenger should have subbed him earlier

What are you saying? Niccur was a sub. Fresh from the bench. He just wasn't fresh in the head. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ephaig: 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
Leyqute:

What are you saying? Niccur was a sub. Fresh from the bench. He just wasn't fresh in the head. smiley
I thought you were banned? How did you do it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ephaig:

I thought you were banned? How did you do it?

Michael Scofield broke me out grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ephaig: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Leyqute:

Michael Scofield broke me out grin
This is corruption, we will not take it cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jamescross: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
Baldg:

Bernardo is different. He's a fantastic player just a lack of game time.
silva is still adjusting to the epl unlike bakayoko that was prematurely rushed into a new team's 1st eleven.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ephaig:

This is corruption, we will not take it cheesy

It is not your corruption.

You cannot take it, even if you wanted to. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
crazypencils20:

Not even a quick recap in simpler terms?

Lana1 is talking about forward dribbling which we know on a good day, Martial is one of the best in the world. Get the ball within 3-6 seconds you cancel one or two defenders to score (or try to score). Lingard has been trying that too. Thierry Henry was very consistent at that even though not as good in dribbling as Martial. However, Martial is not very consistent doing it, and most times offers nothing if the forward dribbling is not working for him.

For you to understand what I am talking about, let's start from our defence. Jones, Smalling, Rojo are 'give me the ball take it back' footballers compared to Matic, Valencia and Bailly who can at least hold the ball long even under pressure. If the team is playing nervously and looking for someone to help keep the ball, cool nerves and start a build up from the back, the ball has to be given to Valencia or Matic or Bailly.

A player once said during their time in Madrid, when they didn't know what to do with the ball, they gave it to Zidane.

There are many times we have been shaking in keeping possession and often resort to side and back passes during matches. In some of my post match analysis, I have said we need players who can at least keep the ball in the final third while bringing others into play. Players who can drive the ball forward quick covering some yards, when everywhere is blocked, they maneuver their way with the ball to another direction in the field carrying fellow forward players along while creating spaces.

What I see most times, if Rashford is not running forward with the ball, he brings virtually nothing. Without those direct dribbling+goals, Martial brings almost nothing, Mkhitaryan and Mata looking for intelligent passes. Everyone looking to quickly get the ball off their feet when what they are good at is not opening up.

To drive the point home, Hazard is not a good direct dribbler in dangerous areas like Martial, not a good scorer like Martial. But Hazard keeps the ball longer at his feet than Martial. We can say too Iniesta, Neymar keep the ball on their feet than Martial. We can mention a player like Ronaldinho.

In our Super Eagles of 1994, Amokachi was a good ball keeper at his feet despite not as talented as Siasia and Yekini.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
crazypencils20:

Can you post a gif or describe a situation of what you're talking about? Cos so far, it seems like you're the only one who knows what you're talking about

I don't know how to make gif.

But why exactly are we praising Sanchez? Is it because he has scored a fantastic goal or dribble his way to score?

Is it not the way he is driving the ball, always calling for it and giving attacking options? He is not afraid of the ball in tough situations and he wants to hold it - not hurrying to remove the wahala from his head. Make dem no blame me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
elampiro:

Lana1 is talking about forward dribbling which we know on a good day, Martial is one of the best in the world. Get the ball within 3-6 seconds you cancel one or two defenders to score (or try to score). Lingard has been trying that too. Thierry Henry was very consistent at that even though not as good in dribbling as Martial. However, Martial is not very consistent doing it, and most times offers nothing if the forward dribbling is not working for him.

For you to understand what I am talking about, let's start from our defence. Jones, Smalling, Rojo are 'give me the ball take it back' footballers compared to Matic, Valencia and Bailly who can at least hold the ball long even under pressure. If the team is playing nervously and looking for someone to help keep the ball, cool nerves and start a build up from the back, the ball has to be given to Valencia or Matic or Bailly.

A player once said during their time in Madrid, when they didn't know what to do with the ball, they gave it to Zidane.

There are many times we have been shaking in keeping possession and often resort to side and back passes during matches. In some of my post match analysis, I have said we need players who can at least keep the ball in the final third while bringing others into play. Players who can drive the ball forward quick covering some yards, when everywhere is blocked, they maneuver their way with the ball to another direction in the field carrying fellow forward players along while creating spaces.

What I see most times, if Rashford is not running forward with the ball, he brings virtually nothing. Without those direct dribbling+goals, Martial brings almost nothing, Mkhitaryan and Mata looking for intelligent passes. Everyone looking to quickly get the ball off their feet when what they are good at is not opening up.

To drive the point home, Hazard is not a good direct dribbler in dangerous areas like Martial, not a good scorer like Martial. But Hazard keeps the ball longer at his feet than Martial. We can say too Iniesta, Neymar keep the ball on their feet than Martial. We can mention a player like Ronaldinho.

In our Super Eagles of 1994, Amokachi was a good ball keeper at his feet despite not as talented as Siasia and Yekini.
True bro, Martial is a suspect in some aspects of his game. If his dribbling doesn't work, that's the end of Martial in that game.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
To be great, you need tough people around you. Safe to say he has found his level with the softies and babies and their nanny at Arsenal. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SONofnezzar: 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Leyqute:

Lol
I was just viewing the front thread just now

see wailings from arsenal fans

they want Mkhi to be sold
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Wailers FC.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
Elampiro is 100% rght, Martial doesn't have the said ability, attackers that have it in the PL are silva sanchez hazard and willian.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jamescross: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
for those of you wanting city to fall, cheesy dream on!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
Vardy likes screwing City defence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
weedtaker:
Elampiro is 100% rght, Martial doesn't have the said ability, attackers that have it in the PL are silva sanchez hazard and willian.
It's more about stamina since he's good with the ball. He gets it and he can withstand defenders pressures
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
elampiro:

So basically, what you're trying to say is that Martial is not a player who does much with the ball when he's not close to the opponent's box?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
jamescross:
for those of you wanting city to fall, cheesy dream on!

Aren't you the new guy that just entered the thread today, are you a city fan or a United fan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
crazypencils20:

Aren't you the new guy that just entered the thread today, are you a city fan or a United fan?

Looks like a Chelsea fan... This one won't last here..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
chrisley024:
Vardy likes screwing City defence

He knew he was going to score even before he got the ball. City's defenders were just falling like a pack of dominoes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by banjeezay(m): 7:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
Im new here, welcome a brother. My signature defines me �
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jamescross: 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
pharod:

Looks like a Chelsea fan... This one won't last here..
crazypencils20:

I dislike united as much as i dislike barca. cheesy ama city fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
jamescross:
I dislike united as much as i dislike barca. cheesy ama city fan
You not up to 16 then; D city fan indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
crazypencils20:

So basically, what you're trying to say is that Martial is a player who does much with the ball when he's not close to the opponent's box?

Martial does better closer to the opponent's box than the middle of the park.

Basically what am I saying is an attacking player's ability to stay on the ball comfortably for a long time under pressure with some intelligent drives which create openings for fellow forwards.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
Poor defending from Leicester.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
City's pressing sha. Literally pressed Leicester into committing an error for that 3rd goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
Aguero hatrick yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5200) (5201) (5202) (5203) (5204) (5205) (5206) ... (14372) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.