Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,042 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9239525 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5282) (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) (5288) ... (14417) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 0gbeniLeyqute: 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Looks like McTominay stole Herreras shorts because the pockets were big enough to contain Ikedia grin grin grin....

Lukaku De Lima and Lionel Lingard though cheesy grin grin

I'm telling you!

Lukaku really proved that he's the better striker. Great movement into the box for his first goal and a fantastic assist after mesmerising 4 Chelsea defenders.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aguerooooooooo Yes baby.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
Okay, yet again, we are reminded that no be who first call police dey win case.
Ballistic boys were on fire today, Lukaku was so unlike himself, he was decisive, Mourinho outsmarted Conte once again, McTonimay was exceptional against Hazard, at some point, he looked heavy cos Hazard was more in his pocket than a wallet.
Pogba, lad was glorious today, he owned Kante like he was his toy, the elegance in his passing, drive forward and so on, at one point, I saw him on a Bugatti Veyron driving past Kante, exceptional...
De Gea was commanding as always, he inspired confidence.
The central defense was shaky but then, it is expected especially when you have the brainless Smalling there, they grew into the game as it went on.
Matic, he was a quite good even though he lost Willian for the goal, he screened the defense very well..
Martial, calm head to set up the equalizing goal, he didn't have the best of games but he was decisive.
Sanchez, delayed his induction into the ballistic hall of fame but then, he grew into the game, he will come alive sooner rather than later.
Lukaku, back to his ballistic best, awesome performance.
Lingard, the joker was indeed Mourinho's joker today, he did the checkmate...
This is the United I know.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 0gbeniLeyqute: 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
dopeJemi:
Who just saw that Black Panther's Wakanda themed Celebration from Lingard and Pogba

Sick!!!

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
What got me laughing was willywilly trying to spy on Jose tactics from matic, matic just cover him paper dey laff, saying, stop giraffing old man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
phaamsaam:
What got me laughing was willywilly trying to spy on Jose tactics from matic, matic just cover him paper dey laff, saying, stop giraffing old man
It was funny, he knows something wicked is in that paper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
Our first goal is an example why forward play is important. Matic could have chosen to reverse or pass to sideways. The forward play is something Sanchez introduced to our attack.

In the second half, what worked for us is high pressing for the ball in the opposition half right from their box. We didn’t allow them play out of their back comfortably, so they lost their build up. They were making mistakes shooting out.

Matic is my Man of the Match. It can still be Lukaku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
3:0 Silva the magician

2 trophies down 1 to go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
obainojazz:
This one masturbated for 90 minutes but didn't cum. cheesy
Everyone knows cruxificio is a loser na. At a time he was viewing the thread as a guest

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
elampiro:
Our first goal is an example why forward play is important. Matic could have chosen to reverse or pass to sideways. The forward play is something Sanchez introduced to our attack.

In the second half, what worked for us is high pressing for the ball in the opposition half right from their box. We didn’t allow them play out of their back comfortably, so they lost their build up. They were making mistakes shooting out.

Matic is my Man of the Match. It can still be Lukaku.
Why I have been saying there's nothing wrong with the quality of our players. What's wrong is the mentality and fitness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
Capitalcee do you still believe the team is very bad and not good enough to mesmerize smaller teams like Newcastle, Chelsea etc?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
eph12:

Why I have been saying there's nothing wrong with the quality of our players. What's wrong is the mentality and fitness
Jose needs to go seriously. We've players to attack teams and dominate teams. Jose will never do the sub Pep just did. Na defenders
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
eph12:
Capitalcee do you still believe the team is very bad and not good enough to mesmerize smaller teams like Newcastle, Chelsea etc?

lol. there are some good players. but we still need to find a top defender to partner Bailly. and offload Valencia and Young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
chrisley024:
Jose needs to go seriously. We've players to attack teams and dominate teams. Jose will never do the sub Pep just did. Na defenders
Where are you watching the match from?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
CapitalCee:

lol. there are some good players. but we still need to find a top defender to partner Bailly. and offload Valencia and Young.
Offload Valencia??

Bro is everything right??

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
CapitalCee:

Definitely but our very bad performances should never be excused for the poorness of our team, rather it's the team that's choosing when to raise their games. The manager should know that is not acceptable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
eph12:

Where are you watching the match from?
Stream from myfeed4u.tv
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
“I think we beat a fantastic team. For some reason, they were the champions last season. For some reason, they played the way they did against Barcelona. For some reason, they started the game so well as they started here.

"We beat a very good team and to beat a very good team, you need to be organised but you also need to have a humble spirit where everybody works, everybody fights, everybody tries to follow a game plan. I repeat, we beat a very good team.”

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
“They started very well, it's as simple as that. When Chelsea hit the posts, I was looking to my players and I was thinking 'what could we do?' or 'who can I blame?' but it was so beautifully played that I had nothing to say.

"They are a very good team - they have big routines of their football. They have a fantastic dynamic of the way they project the wing-backs. I was trying to find a way for my players to be dangerous in the interior football because through the sides Chelsea are very, very strong, so we found a way to play against them where we didn't concede much.

"I think we had a good control of Eden [Hazard], Willian, of course, is an amazing player and in that action [his goal] he killed us, but we took progression of the game, we had more and more control of the game without creating lots of chances because we didn't but they also didn't. That's the way I was expecting the game to be when I spoke with you before the game - a tight game.”

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
Neymar1095:
3:0 Silva the magician

2 trophies down 1 to go

guy wetin happen to PSG? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
“I think he [McTominay] is a fantastic player - a player that is what I call the modern midfield player, which in the end is a bit of what the top midfield players of the past were.

"They can do everything. The only thing he is not doing yet is scoring goals, which he can. But because I'm giving him different jobs, he's not yet free to do that. We are starting from the basics and the basics he's doing wonderfully well.

"I think he can also score goals - he has that talent. In pre-season, we understood that. But we are adapting him to his multi-functionality and he's doing fantastic jobs for us, like he did in Sevilla against Ever Banega and today against Eden, so I'm really happy with the player.”

- JOSE MOURINHO

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
“I don't like to individualise - I think [Nemanja] Matic was phenomenal, I think [Paul] Pogba played a fantastic game in our midfield. I could speak about my central defenders too and the guys in attack - the mission Alexis had, to be the third attacking player but at the same time the fourth midfield player to try to cover the area in front of Scott.

"I think everyone made a big effort. Could the result have been a draw? Yes it could. But I think in the second half we were more confident, we felt more confident with the defensive base and I think if somebody deserved a victory it was us. But, if you were to say a draw, I would accept that. The important thing for us is that we beat a fantastic Team."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nice game today... special mention to McT, dude played well especially in the second half.
Matic showed shekpe what they miss in offloading him, Pogba grew into the game though.
Finally, Jambody is turning out to be a fine all round player, wish that his volley found the back of the net, would have capped a fine display from him.
Nice game in all, unto the next one.
GGMU

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
OK, good win but the performance levels at some points in the match especially early on was disgraceful.
Things picked up in the 2nd half but not enough to leave me impressed.
At some point in that match it looked like it was going to be Sevilla all again.

Performances like this will only escape spotlight when we pick up all 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
“I am delighted. I have to admit that they started better than us, but then we found our balance and even more than that – the players found the right spirit and the right attitude.

"I think we took a bit of time during the first half to adapt to a new position on the pitch – we played a little bit different to normal and for some players, it took some time to find the right timings to press and the right times to have the ball.

"In the second half, we improved our movement in attack and the full-backs got more confidence to come forward.”

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
“We realised that if we played a bit quicker between the lines, we would create space for ourselves and that's what we did.

"I was happy with the goal. [For the winning goal] I told him [Jesse Lingard] before the game that every time I go down the sides, he needs to make sure he gets in the box because I will find him.

"He did well with his run and it was a great finish. They [Chelsea] are in good shape and it's not easy but we showed our mental strength and in the second half we just dominated the game.

"Step by step we have to keep winning because we have a lot of difficult games coming up. We have to be prepared but the mental strength of our team is there and I think we're going to do well.”

- ROMELU LUKAKU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
The shape looked a lot like 4312.. With Sanchez behind Lukaku and martial.
This seems to be the way to keep Sanchez and martial in their effective positions.
I for one like how well martial links up with Lukaku or at least tries to.
Either that or 3412, with bailly back now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
“It’s obviously a third game in a week for me. I thought we all put a shift in for the team and it was a great win in the end. We came on strong in the second half and we looked the more dominant side and wanted to take the game to Chelsea.

"I thought we were in total control and it was brilliant to get the three points. When you go behind against any team, it’s not easy to come back – you have to dig deep and remain focused on what the game plan was. I thought we did well to respond so quickly and I thought it was a better performance from us in the second half.”

- SCOTT MCTOMINAY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
I'd rather martial is just sat on the bench than being stuck out there on the right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
“I think it’s going to be a huge result. I think you could see on our faces at the end how much we wanted that and how much we celebrated that with the fans. In the second half, we upped our game, we had more aggression and the fans were right behind us because we lifted it.

"I think it shows massive character and I think in the first half we can be honest and say that it wasn’t good enough. We were probably lucky to go in at 1-1, but then in the second half, right from the start of the second half we showed that aggression, we were on the front foot and we really got after them.”

- CHRIS SMALLING
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
Cruxifizio how are you? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cruxifizio: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
elrony:
Cruxifizio how are you? grin

Very well... thanks grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5282) (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) (5288) ... (14417) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.