Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,854 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8894070 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) (5611) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:15pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

The problem is, after Salah there's nobody else as good as him on the bench. Lallana is not that good and he's just coming back from injury. Klopp has to work with what he has. He had no choice even in keeper area. Liverpool looked more hungry to win than Madrid and with a better keeper, would've won. Klopp brought out the best in the players he had. Liverpool have willing players that are able to run and chase down every loose balls, but they don't have the brains of Madrid players which makes them superior players, nor the quality of those on the bench. After the first 11 of Loserfool, the rest is probably average or below average.

But they put up a good fight, at the end of the day, Madrid won because of the dumb Karius. If DDG or Neuer, or Buffon had been in the post, Madrid would suffer. The keeper handed them the title on a platter.

Salah is the only one that could make a difference for Liverpool and immediately he’s out, that’s the end for them, even without Karius mistake they ain’t winning Madrid bro.

Liverpool already over achieve by getting to the final, with Salah out, that’s the end for them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 11:15pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

I’m not underrating Kross bro, I’m only stating what I do watch with my eyes. You guys always suffer whenever Modric is not fit, yes or no?

What exactly is Kross known for? Defensively it’s casmeiro, attack wise it’s Modric, what exactly is Kross known for?
kross control a true CM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:15pm On May 26, 2018
That Liverpool expensive CB no bad finally. Make we try buy am sef.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:17pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

I think Modric can play as a sitting CM easily if Madrid decide to ditch a 3-man midfield, but Kroos can't play a box-to-box CM currently like Modric at all.
Just like matic and kante for Chelsea, we all know kante will make an excellent DM but doing that will hinder him and also the club from showing his world-class qualities as a box 2 box cm, so why do that when you already have a world-class DM in matic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:19pm On May 26, 2018
We really need verrati now embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:20pm On May 26, 2018
dubylhover:

I'm not trying to take anything away from modric o,but he's easily replaceable at Madrid compared to kroos..kovacic ND isco have similar pattern of playing.. But modric is a beast.. His combination with kroos is akin to that of xavi and iniesta....modric is more aesthetic to the eye, but I really understand and appreciate the effectiveness of kroos.. Just like at manu,its like Carrick at his prime.. The German midfield would still b built around kroos, it's definitely not because he just gives sideways passes.. It's decision making, tempo ND flow of d game.. Knowing the right person to give a pass... It's very difficult to explain, I just have a way of loving players like him, busquets.nd so on.. Their gameplay seems so basic, but it's the most fundamental part of midfield..and that's one aspect pogba still hasn't learnt

Modric is not easily replaceable at Madrid, I beg to differ. Kovacic and Isco are suitable as AM at best, especially Isco. If you leave the CM midfield work for Isco, he'll disappear. Isco cannot drop deep to collect the ball like Modric and push attacks, or boss the midfield like Modric does. Modric and Kroos control the pace of that midfield. They dictate the tempo of the game. But why I value Modric over Kroos is that Modric can play as a sitting CM like Kroos and can also be a box-to-box CM. Kroos is just one to sit back and control the game. He can't be a box-to-box currently like Modric, maybe back at Bayern but not on current form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:20pm On May 26, 2018
dubylhover:

He's known for control.. He dictates the tempo of d game like xavi did..

Champions league final is the biggest cup competition in the world, now answer me this please, WHAT DID KROSS CONTROL TODAY??

He was so jittery with the ball, always passing sideways, also looking for the safest option than doing anything meaningful with the ball. He’s playing against a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Wiljandum. Forget the yarn bro, while Kross is a good player, without Modric he’s nada.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:22pm On May 26, 2018
Raumdeuter, let’s hear your opinion on Kross.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:23pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

Don’t forget that Zidane usually deploy a 3 man midfield, if Modric is on the right side, where will Kross and Casemiro be keeping in mind that Casemiro is the DM

Modric is on the right side, while Kroos is on the left side of a 3-man midfield with Casmeiro as thr DM. But between the 3, Modric pushes forward the most.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:25pm On May 26, 2018
larride:
Raumdeuter, let’s hear your opinion on Kross.
he doesn't like kross, ibime on the other hand is the master of midfield play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:26pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

Modric is on the right side, while Kroos is on the left side of a 3-man midfield with Casmeiro as thr DM. But between the 3, Modric pushes forward the most.
modric is the box 2 box, kross the sitting CM nd controller, casemiro the destroyer.

or better still casemiro the marker, kross the passer and modric the runner.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:28pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

Champions league final is the biggest cup competition in the world, now answer me this please, WHAT DID KROSS CONTROL TODAY??

He was so jittery with the ball, always passing sideways, also looking for the safest option than doing anything meaningful with the ball. He’s playing against a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Wiljandum. Forget the yarn bro, while Kross is a good player, without Modric he’s nada.

You can't use one match to judge, he's performed better on a bigger stage than ucl,according to opta stats,he was d most effective player for Germany at d World Cup, so a player who was that important for his country can't b nada...you said without modric he's nada,is modric in the German national team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:29pm On May 26, 2018
raumdeuter:

Well said

1 vs 1 Liverpool cannot match Madrid. So losing their best player what were they supposed to do?. Lallana was the next best option they have

Look at Madrid and see how many winners and quality players they have, they can afford to bench Bale, Asensio those players will be Liverpools focal point

If Liverpool had 40% chance at the beginning o the game, losing Salah took it to 20%, With Karius in that form takes it to impossible

Immediately Salah left, I rejoiced greatly coz I knew it's over. Liverpool have no bench at all. Their first team are not better than Madrid except in attack. The fact that a non-fully fit Lallana who's just returning from injury is the only other option for Salah, tells you Madrid is the better side. There's nothing else Klopp would have done except park the bus, which woukd have been a foolish move as Madrid have the right tools to unlock them. If Salah was on that pitch and they had a reliable keeper, Liverpool would have stood a better chance of winning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:29pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

That’s what I wanted the guy to point out, Kross plays mostly from the left side but if you can see the number of his passes, I’m sure you will mostly see sideways passing. Kross is a quality midfielder no doubt but he passes the ball way too sideways for someone of his quality and he can be jittery on the ball sometimes also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:29pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
someone is definitely crying cheesy
I am not you...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:31pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

Salah is the only one that could make a difference for Liverpool and immediately he’s out, that’s the end for them, even without Karius mistake they ain’t winning Madrid bro.

Liverpool already over achieve by getting to the final, with Salah out, that’s the end for them.

I agree that without Salah Liverpool ain't wining, but with a reliable keeper, Madrid wouldn't have scored those comical goals. They had it too easy even though they didn't play well at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:33pm On May 26, 2018
SailorXY:
That Liverpool expensive CB no bad finally. Make we try buy am sef.

Lol. Van Dijk? Get ready to pay up to £150m. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:37pm On May 26, 2018
dubylhover:

You can't use one match to judge, he's performed better on a bigger stage than ucl,according to opta stats,he was d most effective player for Germany at d World Cup, so a player who was that important for his country can't b nada...you said without modric he's nada,is modric in the German national team?

I don’t watch Kross with Germany as I’m not interested in their matches but I do watch Madrid match closely and from what I have seen, Modric makes that midfield tick and gel. If you can’t control a midfield that has Henderson, Milner and Wjulandun, your name shouldn’t be used in the same sentence with midfield controller.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:37pm On May 26, 2018
patrickmuf:
I am not you...
Lol, try sleep, ghen ghen klopp and potential poch finished behind old boring Jose's united.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:38pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
Just like matic and kante for Chelsea, we all know kante will make an excellent DM but doing that will hinder him and also the club from showing his world-class qualities as a box 2 box cm, so why do that when you already have a world-class DM in matic?

But in Chelsea's scenario, when they won the EPL during Conte's first season, they played with a 2-man midfield, 2 wing-back and 3 CBs. Am I right? Which means Kante is box-to-box while Matic sits deep to provide extra protection to the 3-man defence. In Madrid's case, they play 2 CM and a DM in a 433 formation mostly. So both teams are not like for like. Plus Kante is a box-to-box DM not a box-to-box CM like Modric. He's more defensive than Modric but doesn't have more vision or midfield control than Modric.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:39pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

I agree that without Salah Liverpool ain't wining, but with a reliable keeper, Madrid wouldn't have scored those comical goals. They had it too easy even though they didn't play well at all.

Madrid won’t have scored those comical goals I agree but I still believe Madrid will win, Liverpool is nothing without Salah.

I was impressed with Mane though, fantastic attitude from him trying to shoulder the responsibility. Firmino disappeared like the fart of a leporous witch. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:41pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
modric is the box 2 box, kross the sitting CM nd controller, casemiro the destroyer.

or better still casemiro the marker, kross the passer and modric the runner.

Modric passes and runs as well, even at his old age. Running is not just his attribute.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:41pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

I don’t watch Kross with Germany as I’m not interested in their matches but I do watch Madrid match closely and from what I have seen, Modric makes that midfield tick and gel. If you can’t control a midfield that has Henderson, Milner and Wjulandun, your name shouldn’t be used in the same sentence has midfield controller.

Anyways Ive watched kroos very well both country side and clubside because on d country level I support Germany, so I know a gem when I see it.. You know what Johan cryuff said about kroos when he joined Madrid.....
But that's the beauty of football, it's because he's not all that skillful and stuff that you'd think he's average..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:45pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

That’s what I wanted the guy to point out, Kross plays mostly from the left side but if you can see the number of his passes, I’m sure you will mostly see sideways passing. Kross is a quality midfielder no doubt but he passes the ball way too sideways for someone of his quality and he can be jittery on the ball sometimes also.

Modric over kross for me. Modric don't just make sideways passes only, he makes forward passes, starts attacks, helps defend, as well as drop deep to pick the ball and join attack. He covers more places in the pitch than Kroos.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:48pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

Modric over kross for me. Modric don't just make sideways passes only, he makes forward passes, starts attacks, helps defend, as well as drop deep to pick the ball and join attack. He covers more places in the pitch than Kroos.

Gbam. Case closed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:48pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

Madrid won’t have scored those comical goals I agree but I still believe Madrid will win, Liverpool is nothing without Salah.

I was impressed with Mane though, fantastic attitude from him trying to shoulder the responsibility. Firmino disappeared like the fart of a leporous witch. grin

Lol. Firmino is not like your typical striker. He needs intelligent sidekicks to excel. He can't bully defenders like Ukaku or Drogba. Once Salah was taken out, it's game over for him. Mane on the other hand tried and impressed coz he's multipurpose. He can play on both wings and used it to great advantage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:50pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

Gbam. Case closed
Lol if midfield play is about covering space, then it means we didn't learn anything tonight, we all know how lpool midfielders run around but no brains.. Anyways sha,we all watch this beautiful game differently, that's d fun of it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:52pm On May 26, 2018
dubylhover:

Lol if midfield play is about covering space, then it means we didn't learn anything tonight, we all know how lpool midfielders run around but no brains.. Anyways sha,we all watch this beautiful game differently, that's d fun of it

We will have to disagree to agree. Nice one bro.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:26am On May 27, 2018
sinizia:

Lol. Firmino is not like your typical striker. He needs intelligent sidekicks to excel. He can't bully defenders like Ukaku or Drogba. Once Salah was taken out, it's game over for him. Mane on the other hand tried and impressed coz he's multipurpose. He can play on both wings and used it to great advantage.

Tactically, they should have just resorted to basic route-1 or cross n nod footie after Salah left. Mane and Firminho running around, Solanke up top. Leave all Ramos bravado. Wen e see physical striker, e dey cower.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:20am On May 27, 2018
RuuDie:

Tactically, they should have just resorted to basic route-1 or cross n nod footie after Salah left. Mane and Firminho running around, Solanke up top. Leave all Ramos bravado. Wen e see physical striker, e dey cower.

So who's the big and physical striker in Liverpool that can match Ramos
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:36am On May 27, 2018
larride:
Rumdeuter, let’s hear your opinion on Kross.

I think Modric is a better midfielder

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:16am On May 27, 2018
dubylhover:
We really need verrati now embarassed
That's the kind of player Mou will buy and I'll begin to develop faith in him. We need quality in that midfield

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) (5611) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.