Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,232 members, 7,925,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 01:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9070878 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6341) (6342) (6343) (6344) (6345) (6346) (6347) ... (14306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
Whiteshades:
Reports have it that Ashley young is about to sign a one year extension. I don't really get the point of it, he's old and not as effective anymore. We should be looking at long term replacements.
is dalot a short term replacement?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:07am On Feb 07, 2019
“Even though we have different players, Marcus and Anthony are not very different to Cristiano and Wayne. Jesse with his pace and Ji-Sung, there are so many similarities, and we should never forget those games [won on counter-attacks] because they are part of our history.”

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:13am On Feb 07, 2019
"I know the culture and identity of the club and the playing style. Manchester United, of course, suits me a lot more than a club that struggles towards the bottom of the table. I wasn’t ready for that fight. I didn’t say I wasn’t ready for the Premier League. That's different.

"My belief is to trust players and to trust them to play the right way. To try to dominate teams, to try to win games the right way. To play the way that we do now with Manchester United. I should have flipped that mentality into a different one at a team that struggles against relegation if you know what I mean."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:24am On Feb 07, 2019
"It is easier here because I know what the DNA and identity of Manchester United is and what a Manchester United player is. But what exactly is that identity?

"It’s a winning identity. It’s a confident identity. We want to take risks. We want to go for the second, the third and the fourth goal because that’s just how we do things at Manchester United. If you can’t handle that then you are at the wrong club.”

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:28am On Feb 07, 2019
“That was one of the mistakes I made at Cardiff [overhaul change of back. I wanted to go into my way straight away. So, Mick, me and Demps have come in and we didn’t want to change too much too early because with change there is always a danger that you do too much.

"Kieran and Michael are great. They were here from before, so they and Emilio were important for us because they knew what they had been doing.

“I know that we all have different strengths and qualities. With Kieran and Michael, they need to be able to give their best and they are fantastic coaches, I have to say. The analysis staff too. Everything is in place for the club to be successful so that’s been brilliant for me.

"I know I can trust them."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:30am On Feb 07, 2019
"Whether it is back home with my daughter’s team or it's this, I just love working with footballers who want to improve. I love speaking to them and giving them my help and my thoughts. That's what coaching is about. It’s about improving players. It’s not about anything but that really.

“I love the one-on-ones but it’s not just me. It's Kieran, it's Michael, it's Mark, it's Mick, it's Emilio. We are a big staff. Of course, I make the decisions but I give them the confidence and the responsibility. We have different players who we speak to.

"There is not a lot that I can tell David de Gea about goalkeeping that he does not know."

Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:31am On Feb 07, 2019
"You have to find a way to win a game. That’s not up to me or Mick or Kieran or Michael to tell them beforehand.

"Every game is different. We might score the first goal and it's a different game. They might score the first goal and it's a different game. So they have got to make decisions out there based on their experiences and qualities."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:34am On Feb 07, 2019
"Me and Mick came in and of course we wanted to bring a confidence into the players that we trust them because we do. They are here because they are special. Manchester United never sign players if they don't have any uniqueness or X factor about them. We should never forget what badge they are wearing because they are special.

"So we speak to them and encourage them individually but giving players confidence by speaking to them is one thing. They need to feel this is working. They have done it by themselves. They scored the goals against Cardiff and enjoyed it. That gave them a big boost, of course.”

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:37am On Feb 07, 2019
"Goals are scored by counter-attacks, set plays and breaking teams down when they drop deep, so you need to have all those three aspects.

"The way we play with pace and power, we should never forget our history of counter-attacking, even though we are one of the teams that want to dominate games.

"If teams drop deep we need to have a way of playing against those teams but also when we defend we defend to win the ball to counter-attack quickly.

"To win games you need to pass it forward and run forward."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:55am On Feb 07, 2019
"You have got to have different ways of winning games and with our squad you can pick players who suit this team and that team.

“I knew the gaffer was like that. I have always been like this myself back home in Molde. It was different at Cardiff because you had to take one game at a time and try to claw a point here or there.

"But now you do plan ahead and I think I have got my team quite ready for the full month. Depending on form as well, I think I have more or less picked my team.”

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:56am On Feb 07, 2019
"We have put ourselves in a great position and in a great vein of form," he concludes. "We are confident, we trust ourselves, and we are ready for these games now."

- Ole Gunner Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:19am On Feb 07, 2019
At this point, I don't know if he's beginning to sound a bit repititive/monotonous or it's the reporters that keep asking the same questions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:33am On Feb 07, 2019
PietroRick:
At this point, I don't know if he's beginning to sound a bit repititive/monotonous or it's the reporters that keep asking the same questions

It seems the reporters keep asking him the same questions as always.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:45am On Feb 07, 2019
Lana1:
What about that defender una buy from Ajax? Was he bought for peanuts or cowries? lipsrsealed

Lukaku dey sha. Just in case una change mind.

What defender? De Jong is a midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by biomustry: 11:50am On Feb 07, 2019
Lana1:
What about that defender una buy from Ajax? Was he bought for peanuts or cowries? lipsrsealed

Lukaku dey sha. Just in case una change mind.
Oga we no want, we go fit add hos salary so he can stay dia shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2019
larride:

It seems the reporters keep asking him the same questions as always.
I'm curious about how he speaks or generally coordinates himself when he's angry/under real pressure.
We have seen enough of this side of his personality. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
PietroRick:

grin

The Interview wasn't conducted by MUTV rather Sky Sports.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
PietroRick:
I'm curious about how he speaks or generally coordinates himself when he's angry/under real pressure.
We have seen enough of this side of his personality. Lol
he has probably already been there with Cardiff but I no get power
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nawa o.. Complaints even against the interviews??

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:02am On Feb 08, 2019
grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2019
Jones signs a new contract. Lasts till 2023.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2019
Elampiro will be happy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ManBeast: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2019
Man united legend Phil Jones signs another contract with man u.

Four more years of.......
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 08, 2019
Leyqute:
Jones signs a new contract. Lasts till 2023.

Wow.. some of these players are enjoying the privilege of being English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2019
So what does Solskjaer make of the prospect of United moving into the top four with a win at Fulham live on Sky Sports tomorrow lunchtime?

"You take one step at a time, and that’s one of the goals we have set – moving into the top four.

"If we do so, we want to stay there and improve on that. It’s been fantastic the last two months, so consistency is now the key word. We need to keep on improving and winning games, but in a better way than, say, the Leicester one.

"I felt we hung on. It was good enough, but we shouldn’t just be happy with good enough. We want to improve. Fulham is a ‘character revealer’.

"It reveals ‘do we have the focus on what’s important?’ It’s always the next game in football. Can we forget about PSG?"

Olé GS seems to be reading things correctly. The win at Leicester was good but the manner in which it was won wasn’t satisfactory.

We’ll probably see Fred and/or Pereira start tomorrow. Dalot, Alexis or Darmian too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Wow.. some of these players are enjoying the privilege of being English.

Seriously. His heritage is the only thing going for him. He’s no different from a Marcos Rojo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2019
It's obvious that Jones and Smalling are going nowhere because they are English. I don't have a problem with that, just that the club may not want to get another CB since we have 4 players that could play that position, not including Rojo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2019
Jones, New deal? I am heart broken...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2019
patrickmuf:

Jones moving on to the next level. 4 more years.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:37am On Feb 08, 2019
As long as we get a top class CB in the summer, I’m indifferent about Jones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
patrickmuf:
What were you expecting? I knew he would definitely get new deal. You know the club has to keep a certain quota of English players. But I am sure Jones is never gon be a regular stater tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
larride:
As long as we get a top class CB in the summer, I’m indifferent about Jones.
We no dey get anybody padi MI

(1) (2) (3) ... (6341) (6342) (6343) (6344) (6345) (6346) (6347) ... (14306) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.