Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,296 members, 7,887,883 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8934885 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6371) (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) (6377) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:25am On Feb 13, 2019
Young gave too much space to Di Maria yesterday. It will take some time for our midfield to play like we expect from a top team. They just started so they should be given time. PSG have been playing better football for a long time. Pep didn't find it funny in his first season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:40am On Feb 13, 2019
Different challenge now. Will be interesting to see how the team responds to a defeat.

PSG showed a next level though. Properly outcoached Ole. And exposed our players.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 8:41am On Feb 13, 2019
Unlimited22:

Where's the diadem10 mention? grin

A40:
Where is Diadem10? That your blasphemous comparison of Thomas Lemar to Kylian Mbappe Lottin will haunt you for a long time
You dunno already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 8:42am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

Mbappe should thank Di Maria, Verrati, Kimbepe etc if not coming to England would have been a criminal waste of funds
Whatever helps you sleep better at night bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 8:46am On Feb 13, 2019
peeps were cerebrating Neymar and cavani's absence. grin

the positive things here for una be say as u commit UCL u fit focus finish 4th na abi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:47am On Feb 13, 2019
A40:
Whatever helps you sleep better at night bro
cheesy cheesy
Whatever makes you stay awake at night boss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NinjaMetahuman: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2019
BikeMan:
1 Buffon
4 Kehrer
2 Thiago Silva
3 Kimpembe
13 Alves da Silva
5 Marquinhos
6 Verratti Paredes 75'
14 Bernat
23 Draxler
11 Di María Dagba 81'
7 Mbappé

i can't believe this lineup is believed to be better than Yoonited's. .... grand hypocrisy
you self see am? you would think they played madrid or barca full squad with the way dat mumu has been crying all over the place.

Mourinho left but his spirit didnt leave him.

Na mourinho go dey make people think every team is superior.

even psg were playing for draw last night because they didnt have full squad

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:
Young gave too much space to Di Maria yesterday. It will take some time for our midfield to play like we expect from a top team. They just started so they should be given time. PSG have been playing better football for a long time. Pep didn't find it funny in his first season

Young gives space to whoever that he faces on the pitch, just that he was made to pay dearly for it this time.

Our attack takes full blame for this loss, they (especially Martial) kept wasting beautiful chances to dampen PSGs moral in the first half. See how confident the PSG players became after going 2-0 up, were even doing skill passes in tight corners.

This is the UCL where one chance, one goal gives you an edge.

Veratti bossing a midfield occupied by our best midfield trio is something I can't even fathom.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:57am On Feb 13, 2019
The major positive that might come from this is we get to focus on the EPL.
Then we go again next season with an improved team next season.

I have always said we need better players to compliment Pogba in midfield. Charging up and down will work up to a level, but you also need to be able to keep and circulate the ball to a high level.

The Martial and Lingard injuries finished us as we then brought in players who couldn’t press or use pace going forward and also couldn’t protect the full backs (Mata especially).

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 8:59am On Feb 13, 2019
A40:

You dunno already
Lol. I know you na. But that guy needs to be banned from the net for comparing Lemar and Mbappe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:06am On Feb 13, 2019
Unlimited22:

Lol. I know you na. But that guy needs to be banned from the net for comparing Lemar and Mbappe.

Diadem likes hot takes. That is how he goes to our academy and hypes the obscure ones there so that he sounds knowledgeable.
But i agree with you, that Lemar vs Mbappe comparison was criminal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:06am On Feb 13, 2019
Unlimited22:

I'm more angry at myself for engaging him in that argument. Those were valuable man-hours I would never get back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Young gives space to whoever that he faces on the pitch, just that he was made to pay dearly for it this time.

Our attack takes full blame for this loss, they (especially Martial) kept wasting beautiful chances to dampen PSGs moral in the first half. See how confident the PSG players became after going 2-0 up, were even doing skill passes in tight corners.

This is the UCL where one chance, one goal gives you an edge.

Veratti bossing a midfield occupied by our best midfield trio is something I can't even fathom.
Verrati didn't do it alone na. Everyone did their part in winning balls back. If only we had the midfielders, we should have loaded that middle and leave the likes of Martial to enter later in the game. Midfield is king in today's ball and for now they're still finding their feet after the horrible Mourinho disaster class
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by inFamouz: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2019
The 2nd goal though, that's why I prefer smalling, that wouldn't have happened on his watch.

ole shaa was schooled.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by inFamouz: 9:21am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

Verrati didn't do it alone na. Everyone did their part in winning balls back. If only we had the midfielders, we should have loaded that middle and leave the likes of Martial to enter later in the game. Midfield is king in today's ball and for now they're still finding their feet after the horrible Mourinho disaster class
Ole should've used Herrera on Verrati.

my thoughts though.

Now we need beat Chesea wella.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

Honestly, watching yesterday's match, it looked like he did it alone angry coupled with the way he was drawing fouls everywhere.

Veratti's role yesterday is what Jorginho should be doing at Chelsea, but difference dey between iPhone and Infinix, that's for another day sha.

Well, the focus now lies on getting points against Liverpool in the league and knocking out Chelsea in the FA Cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2019
Shekpites couldn't even party well because of the trauma of what City did to them grin grin

+ 6th + playing against Duhmbdsst FC on Thursdays grin grin

+ The uncertainty of the FA Cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:38am On Feb 13, 2019
inFamouz:
Ole should've used Herrera on Verrati.

my thoughts though.

Now we need beat Chesea wella.
We can't exactly say how it would have turned out even if he did. The goals came from a set piece and another when Young was punished for giving Di Maria too much space. So Verrati didn't exactly punish us, it was what we did with the ball that mattered last night as without the ball we managed well to an extent.

Beat Chelsea wella? You have begun to compare your team with the one that has been well cooked over the last couple of years? Good luck with that o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 9:39am On Feb 13, 2019
If we are going to bring a tier 1 defender to partner lindelof, and, if becomes difficult to find suitors for Jones or Smalling this summer, we can put their inevitable dismissal aside and lowkey look for suitors for Bailly.
This guy no be am at all.
He's hardly better than jones and probably older, if we remove this football age thing.

I have not lost my shít for any contract renewal since, not Jones, not young but if we give Mata a new contract for any reason, then it's guaranteed that we are not ready to go anywhere.
Anybody crazy enough to want to take a punt on Alexis from any part of the observable or unobservable universe, has my blessing.
That little man is offering too little for what we are paying him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Honestly, watching yesterday's match, it looked like he did it alone angry coupled with the way he was drawing fouls everywhere.

Veratti's role yesterday is what Jorginho should be doing at Chelsea, but difference dey between iPhone and Infinix, that's for another day sha.

Well, the focus now lies on getting points against Liverpool in the league and knocking out Chelsea in the FA Cup.
So Verrati was also winning the ball back and passing to himself? Hmm.
You didn't see Dani Alves, Marqinhos chasing balls everywhere?

One day our players will learn to win balls back consistently by taking positions to prevent the guy with the ball from making a good pass instead of marking blindly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2019
It wasn't the inability of Mourinho to get past the big boys that frustrated everyone but making us believe that the team wasn't good enough to beat the likes of Wolves for the record.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 13, 2019
PietroRick:
If we are going to bring a tier 1 defender to partner lindelof, and, if becomes difficult to find suitors for Jones or Smalling this summer, we can put their inevitable dismissal aside and lowkey look for suitors for Bailly.
This guy no be am at all.
He's hardly better than jones and probably older, if we remove this football age thing.

I have not lost my shít for any contract renewal since, not Jones, not young but if we give Mata a new contract for any reason, then it's guaranteed that we are not ready to go anywhere.
Anybody crazy enough to want to take a punt on Alexis from any part of the observable or unobservable universe, has my blessing.
That little man is offering too little for what we are paying him.

Good thing someone else is noticing Bailly's low-key mess, he even seemed to be low on confidence yesterday. Funny how Lindelof is now the best CB, sale of form is still on though cheesy

When one looks at Sanchez output compared to his salary, only thunder will fire Mourinho. Mans bought Sanchez to spite City and killed the small man's football IQ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2019
Tears!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

So Verrati was also winning the ball back and passing to himself? Hmm.
You didn't see Dani Alves, Marqinhos chasing balls everywhere?

One day our players will learn to win balls back consistently by taking positions to prevent the guy with the ball from making a good pass instead of marking blindly.

Exactly, Alves is like PSGs Ashley Young, but a higher grade obviously. Marquinhos isn't even a central midfielder. Veratti himself was half-fit sad

Honestly, the transfer window has to be very active if this team wants to make a mark in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2019
Btw elampiro baba. I had this feeling, if you guys had master jones the score would have been 0-0.

Don't you think so?

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Good thing someone else is noticing Bailly's low-key mess, he even seemed to be low on confidence yesterday. Funny how Lindelof is now the best CB, sale of form is still on though cheesy

When one looks at Sanchez output compared to his salary, only thunder will fire Mourinho. Mans bought Sanchez to spite City and killed the small man's football IQ.
he flatters to Decieve way too often to be taken serious.
Even within a game, you can never tell when he's going to switch from a 9/10 moment to a 2/10 moment.
This is why mourinho eventually chose to settle for Smallling's steady state of 6/10 with the occasional spikes to 7 and maybe 8.

Generally we need to move 2 CBs on this summer and I was fine with any 2 of Rojo, Smalling and Jones.
Now I'm good with any 2 of Rojo, Smalling, Jones and Bailly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2019
I love j lingz, he's a brilliant player but he is the one supposed to be coming on like Mata in a big game like this when a key player can no longer continue.
Not our chances of getting anything from a game reduced to near zero because he can no longer continue.
This is something that needs to be fixed going forward if we want to be serious with ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 10:33am On Feb 13, 2019
LoRdCaT:
+Peeps+ SkimpleD you know say you be my guy grin

Postdigger wetin i do you na? tongue

+exits+
Next time, believe the prophet and ye shall prosper. e dey for bible
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 10:50am On Feb 13, 2019
airmark:
grin grin grin grin

Not sure god of soccer is showing love to devilish people in the season of love.

Flashback, we on, guys! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:50am On Feb 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Exactly, Alves is like PSGs Ashley Young, but a higher grade obviously. Marquinhos isn't even a central midfielder. Veratti himself was half-fit sad

Honestly, the transfer window has to be very active if this team wants to make a mark in Europe.
Those guys have been playing quality football together for some time under more progressive coaches. Just like Barca, Madrid, City, those players can perform to a large extent when placed in some certain positions on the field that are not their comfort zone. Don't think because you've gotten rid of Mourinho all your problems are solved. We just made sure that we shouldn't be playing disgracefully against the Fulham of this world, but we not there yet as a top team. This team will need time and some change in personnel.

We should have loaded that midfield at the expense of the wide men and allow the full-backs to push forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 10:52am On Feb 13, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

On to the next.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2019
PietroRick:
he flatters to Decieve way too often to be taken serious.
Even within a game, you can never tell when he's going to switch from a 9/10 moment to a 2/10 moment.
This is why mourinho eventually chose to settle for Smallling's steady state of 6/10 with the occasional spikes to 7 and maybe 8.

Generally we need to move 2 CBs on this summer and I was fine with any 2 of Rojo, Smalling and Jones.
Now I'm good with any 2 of Rojo, Smalling, Jones and Bailly.
Same players that have been given new contracts? Even Young has extended his contract

(1) (2) (3) ... (6371) (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) (6377) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: obonujoker(m), Jamiuokolaa and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.