Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8901920 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) (6377) (6378) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by inFamouz: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

Same players that have been given new contracts? Even Young has extended his contract
Lol, guyman no even know wetin de happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:56am On Feb 13, 2019
Herrera was the only one taking shots in that team. Others should have tried too

WTF is wrong with Martial sef? We have been patient enough o, when is he going to grow up?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2019
postdigger:
hope u didn't tear ur 'God is good' ticket
not everybody carries papers about in the name of tickets.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:00am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:
Herrera was the only one taking shots in that team. Others should have tried too

WTF is wrong with Martial sef? We have been patient enough o, when is he going to grow up?
the moment Juan Mata ran onto the pitch, I knew it was over. The difference between the first eleven and reserves is a pity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 11:03am On Feb 13, 2019
ChristineC:
not everybody carries papers about in the name of tickets.
Now Say that again w/o crying cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2019
hoopLA:

Even my man no dey left out

How market guy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

Those guys have been playing quality football together for some time under more progressive coaches. Just like Barca, Madrid, City, those players can perform to a large extent when placed in some certain positions on the field that are not their comfort zone. Don't think because you've gotten rid of Mourinho all your problems are solved. We just made sure that we shouldn't be playing disgracefully against the Fulham of this world, but we not there yet as a top team. This team will need time and some change in personnel.

We should have loaded that midfield at the expense of the wide men and allow the full-backs to push forward.

Let's just hope that the next run of games turn out positively, and immense transfer activity at the end of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:08am On Feb 13, 2019
postdigger:
Now Say that again w/o crying cheesy
the usual response of a high school kid on facebook shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:08am On Feb 13, 2019
afrodoc2:
The major positive that might come from this is we get to focus on the EPL.
Then we go again next season with an improved team next season.

I have always said we need better players to compliment Pogba in midfield. Charging up and down will work up to a level, but you also need to be able to keep and circulate the ball to a high level.

The Martial and Lingard injuries finished us as we then brought in players who couldn’t press or use pace going forward and also couldn’t protect the full backs (Mata especially).

Free!!! Release!!! Help!!! Compliment!!! Kpogbastic cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:11am On Feb 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Young gives space to whoever that he faces on the pitch, just that he was made to pay dearly for it this time.

Our attack takes full blame for this loss, they (especially Martial) kept wasting beautiful chances to dampen PSGs moral in the first half. See how confident the PSG players became after going 2-0 up, were even doing skill passes in tight corners.

This is the UCL where one chance, one goal gives you an edge.

Veratti bossing a midfield occupied by our best midfield trio is something I can't even fathom.

Really?! shocked shocked Even with worldclass adabawole? shocked shocked udonminit cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:18am On Feb 13, 2019
ChristineC:
the moment Juan Mata ran onto the pitch, I knew it was over. The difference between the first eleven and reserves is a pity.
I didn't even want to see him on the pitch. Even with how limited Lukaku is, I still preferred him to Mata. Lukaku should be played on the wings where he can try to bully the full back. I'm not saying that things may have been different if Mata had not played, but that guy hasn't made any contribution to our attack in recent times.

If Ole wants to lose this job, he should continue recommending those players for contracts o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 11:19am On Feb 13, 2019
ChristineC:
the usual response of a high school kid on facebook shocked
Mama the mama grin

Sorry na, just resume the journey you suspended.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:26am On Feb 13, 2019
SIRcumalot:
I have no problem with the OGS sub. The pace of lingard and particularly Martial didn't do sheet for us through out the 1st half. Maybe Mata and sanchez craftiness could do the deed.

Am a big lukaku fan,at the moment he can't do anything right. Maybe we try him the 2nd leg.
We're out of the UCL we were never going to win. The mandate is still to secure top 4, and we're doing alright on that front,can't dwell on this very painful loss.

the subs finished the game. I expected Romelu Lukaku to come in to that right wing first or switch positions with Marcus, and since the second change had to happen for another Anthony Martial injury; another player who had pace and a bit of skill to play closer to the left midfield [Andreas Pereira most suitable if he was listed in the squad]. 4-5-1 without the ball, 4-4-2 on it with Paul Pogba joining in the box.

even if Anthony Martial seemed off, he and Jesse Lingard especially were not giving room for PSG players to settle in their own half. it may seem trivial but it was keeping the game on the edge. I don't know what OGS still expect from playing Juan Mata when a result is paramount.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2019
postdigger:

Mama the mama grin

Sorry na, just resume the journey you suspended.
my friend perch on your sac, you've made your point already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 11:31am On Feb 13, 2019
MrJanuzaj:
My halftime take .

* Matic is a very important player. He performed very very well so far .
* to be frank Lingard has been our best attacking outlet.
* our midfield is ok. They did go forward much to avoid Mbappe giving our defence too much problems.

* Rashford and Martial has to up their games TBH.

I still see us winning the game with a clean sheet

Alright.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2019
Everyday for the thief, Ole, one day for the owner

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2019
Oasis007, I just wan greet you my friend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:48am On Feb 13, 2019
When Ole started, Martial and co were switching positions left right center. Wassup with these guys now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:51am On Feb 13, 2019
ChristineC:
thank you, I mentioned immediately that Mata doesn't suit that kind of high intensity football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:55am On Feb 13, 2019
Marquinos man marked Pogba all game and from the set up of PSG, they targeted our left flank and nullified it.
We need a right winger, RB, and RCM cos Herrera's short passes won't hurt teams who are very technical, it's because PSG didn't consider him a threat that they were able to nullify Pogba by man marking him.
Young was atrocious, his tendency to always tuck inside like a CB and his lack of concentration/poor positional play cost us. I recommend that he should be looked inside Carrington for the next 2 weeks practicing simple crosses.
The injuries to Martial and Lingard cost us and OGS got it wrong bringing in Mata rather than Lukaku.
Sanchez is trash, he should have the iconic No. 7 shirt taken off him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
inFamouz:
The 2nd goal though, that's why I prefer smalling, that wouldn't have happened on his watch.

ole shaa was schooled.
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
PietroRick:
he flatters to Decieve way too often to be taken serious.
Even within a game, you can never tell when he's going to switch from a 9/10 moment to a 2/10 moment.
This is why mourinho eventually chose to settle for Smallling's steady state of 6/10 with the occasional spikes to 7 and maybe 8.

Generally we need to move 2 CBs on this summer and I was fine with any 2 of Rojo, Smalling and Jones.
Now I'm good with any 2 of Rojo, Smalling, Jones and Bailly.
Rojo should be number one the list. And i frankly dont care if Bailly bounces too. Ivorian fraud.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
elampiro:

We looked the better side with Lingard and Martial in our attack and PSG were afraid of coming at us. At worst it was a leveled game. But in the second half, from onset we parked the bus because we became weak going forward. If Martial had controlled two passes better, we could have scored a goal in the first half.

Sanchez and Mata have no business in this team anymore. They can only play against Wolverhampton Wanderers
"levelled game" and "better side"
Where you dey watch this match, chairman ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2019
eph12:

At this point he can never grow up. Someone that is already 23. If we get a good offer we should sell. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
airmark:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

On to the next.

1 loss out of 8.
6 more to come...

GGMUMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
SIRcumalot:

"levelled game" and "better side"
Where you dey watch this match, chairman ?
He is right, PSG were scared to commit bodies forward due to the pace of Martial and Lingard that it lessen the work of our defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
patrickmuf:
He is right, PSG were scared to commit bodies forward due to the pace of Martial and Lingard that it lessen the work of our defenders.
They pegged us in our half and kept passing the ball around the midfield for fun.
Ashley young crosses from the right was our main attacking threat.
The one break away play we had that i remember was a fine combination play between rashidi and lingard.martial moved a bit to early to receive the pass.
The pogba on kimpebe move down the right too. That is all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
Pogba sef is a fücking idiot.

It's moments like these that separate the men from the boys and the great Midfielders from the average ones.

Why get himself red carded even if the ref was making bad calls? People like Schweinsteiger played 90 mins of a world cup final on a yellow card without getting sent off.

Yet this one couldn't keep his cool for some odd 60mins.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
On paper,if we go by name alone,a bench that consist of Sanchez,ukaku and Mata should be a force to reckon with.

Shows how far those three don fall.
Redemption still dey for my main man ukaku.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
Not sure what people expected after Martial and Lingard both went off. Our initial 11 and tactics were excellent and we could have scored in the first half if not for some piss poor passing on the break. But we all knew our defense was mediocre at best, and losing our two attackers meant we didn't have the same bite when soaking up pressure and hitting on the counter. I thought our pressing in the first half was fantastic. Herrera was horrendous in any sort of attacking role when we needed him to be better, since it was evident PSG wasn't going to let Pogba beat them and create everything.

All in all, you see where our lack of quality shows against these top teams. At minimum we need an RB, CB, RW, and probably another attacker for depth and midfielder. PSG didn't have two top class attackers and could still roll our Draxler and ADM in their place. Meanwhile Mata, Lukaku, and Sanchez are a farcry from that off the bench.

We fought our asses off and got screwed by the ref several times, especially with the Kimpembe and Pogba dealings. Move on, and come back to play against Chelsea. The fans who are going to skewer Ole or the players need to get a grip on reality though, especially the same ones who thought we would beat fecking PSG 3-0 tonight. Hopefully Lingard and Martial are okay.

Bring them on!

GGMU!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
So mark out Pogba and we become peak Mourinho United again.

This is what happens when your only outlet in attack is through one person.

And this is why i said on Saturday that our front 3 should be contributing more. But we practically ve no RW and from the left where we so often choose to attack from, Martial and Sanchez have proven to be useless. Lukaku, more useless. Mata, less said about that one the better. Only Rashford seems to always try to make things happen.

God help us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
Lana1:
Pogba sef is a fücking idiot.

It's moments like these that separate the men from the boys and the great Midfielders from the average ones.

Why get himself red carded even if the ref was making bad calls? People like Schweinsteiger played 90 mins of a world cup final on a yellow card without getting sent off.

Yet this one couldn't keep his cool for some odd 60mins.

Remember immediately he got the yellow card i predicted it might happen to him. I don't want people to think i am pushing an anti-Pogba agenda here so i won't really say much.

I would like fans to check the way Marquinhos, Verratti, and Draxler played to see how a top class midfield plays.
Verratti and Herrera had similar roles as the CMs, with Pogba and Draxler being the AMs, and Marquinhos and Matic being the DMs. If we want to be a top team our 1st choice CM should be closer to the Verratti level rather than the Herrera level. There is a limit to which passion and energy can take you if you don't have that outstanding ability.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6372) (6373) (6374) (6375) (6376) (6377) (6378) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.