Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,895 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8944144 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6501) (6502) (6503) (6504) (6505) (6506) (6507) ... (14254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:08am On Mar 31, 2019
chrisley024:
Seriously if no quality addition is made to that right wing in the coming transfer window, then probably there's sth wrong somewhere.

In other news, it looks like Herrera is demanding 200k/week. He should fvck off if true.

Mourinho gave Sanchez 500/week to travel and dine in Chile, why won’t Herrera demand 200?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

I think that they should have waited till end of the season before giving OGS the job.

And ruin the summer TW. Thank you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:22am On Mar 31, 2019
Leyqute:

And ruin the summer TW. Thank you.

No. He starts identifying players now, he gets the job right at the end of the season, and then he goes ahead with signing the players.

As it is now, if it doesn't end well, we won't get our target players.

E never spoil sha, hopefully we make top 4. Thank God Chelsea is not really playing well and Tottenham is a bottling company.

OGS should stop adopting Mourinho's tactics sha. It just won't work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:23am On Mar 31, 2019
Smellymouth:
Seriously, what value does Young add to the team?
Apart from even being slow, he’s a total block head.. He can't play simple one two.. Link up , mba.. Oya cross,Rubbish.. Even throw in.He can't throw...

Obviously that’s why our attack comes mainly from the left..
I have a problem with Young too because he's a pulling out the ball and in almost 100% of the time, the opponents gain the ball back. But I won't exactly say its his fault because we don't have a RW to play with him in that position.

On the left side too, Shaw will be wary of overlapping because Martial or whoever is there loses the ball 80% of the time and woe betide Shaw if he's caught up field any time Martial loses the ball. Who will cover for him? Matic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:25am On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

I think that they should have waited till end of the season before giving OGS the job.
What difference would it make?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 11:27am On Mar 31, 2019
eph12:

I wonder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:29am On Mar 31, 2019
eph12:

I hope the impressive run no be fluke. That's my point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:33am On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

I hope the impressive run no be fluke. That's my point.
Which manager were you hoping for? Poch?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:38am On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

No. He starts identifying players now, he gets the job right at the end of the season, and then he goes ahead with signing the players.

E never spoil sha, hopefully we make top 4. Thank God Chelsea is not really playing well and Tottenham is a bottling company.

OGS should stop adopting Mourinho's tactics sha. It just won't work.

But did you notice how lvg and mourinho also started...we were playing expansive and attacking footie when lvg first came..but we had no control.and that Leicester game really did a number on lvg..after that match he changed...as for mou I remember how we attacked and created chance after chance but we couldn't win..then I remember some late equalisers like that against arsenal...

In summary I feel every coach we signed actually wanted to attack and play good footie,but the personnel wasn't good for it,and honestly we have been Shiite in the transfer window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:46am On Mar 31, 2019
eph12:

I have a problem with Young too because he's a pulling out the ball and in almost 100% of the time, the opponents gain the ball back. But I won't exactly say its his fault because we don't have a RW to play with him in that position.

On the left side too, Shaw will be wary of overlapping because Martial or whoever is there loses the ball 80% of the time and woe betide Shaw if he's caught up field any time Martial loses the ball. Who will cover for him? Matic?

Shaw has been our most improved player this season. A left back playing with a sulking Martial has a lot to worry about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2019
dubylhover:

But did you notice how lvg and mourinho also started...we were playing expansive and attacking footie when lvg first came..but we had no control.and that Leicester game really did a number on lvg..after that match he changed...as for mou I remember how we attacked and created chance after chance but we couldn't win..then I remember some late equalisers like that against arsenal...

In summary I feel every coach we signed actually wanted to attack and play good footie,but the personnel wasn't good for it,and honestly we have been Shiite in the transfer window

But Gaal and Mou got their players Na. Top quality players, how come we are still saying the players are shyte. Martial, Pogba, Lukaku, Lindelof, Baily, Herrera, Matic, Sanchez, etc were starters at their former clubs, how come they are shyte right now?

Me I think the players are okay o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2019
eph12:

Which manager were you hoping for? Poch?

Mehn, difficult to tell. But we should have waited.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 31, 2019
Leyqute:

Mourinho gave Sanchez 500/week to travel and dine in Chile, why won’t Herrera demand 200?

And play piano for Diggz and Co..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2019
afrodoc2:

When I said that Sanchez deal has caused real problems it was cos of this salary issue. Ed Woodward generally behaves like a novice when it comes to football matters.

Herrera and De Gea are demanding big pay increases, and who can blame them? They are employees and not fans.
Anybody would do the same in a situation in which one of the worst workers in the company is earning 3 to 4 times what you are earning.

Sanchez needs to be kicked out of this club angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

Buying Players isn’t the same with buying pepper in the market.

There’s a decent amount of negotiation to be done as many issues have to be sorted out. To get the best deal, you need to identify your targets early and start negotiation as soon as possible- even before the season ends.

And you can’t enter negotiations without having a permanent manager in place. They won’t even take you serious.

To get the best players in we need a good doF to work in conjunction with the coach. Most teams that are bringing in good players have a dOF. Heard Mike Pheelan is being considered for the post, in addition to his assistant coach position. Not totally sure about that.

Ed is so inept at negotiating with player agents. Moyes couldn’t get anyone in when he was appointed. He had to use his connections to help bring in Fellaijini from Everton on the last day.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
Leyqute:
These guys crying all over the thread should put it in their pants. We played well against Arsenal and lost, we didn’t play well yesterday and won.

I can’t complain much until these awful performances start repeating itself 4 out of 5 match days.

Why do u think we shouldn't play well against a Watford right inside oldtrafod? What if they had converted 2/3 of their chances. To me, I feel these set of players do not have the hunger for victory. They just want to play and later go on Twitter and do mundane hide and seek games( lingard and rashford) barb and tint their hair and then practice moonwalking!!;
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
GloryIsaac:

And play piano for Diggz and Co..

Abi. Ed must’ve been angry with Mourinho for that deal. That’s probably why he refused to sanction new buys for him in the last summer TW.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
tenmariner:

Why do u think we shouldn't play well against a Watford right inside oldtrafod? What if they had converted 2/3 of their chances. To me, I feel these set of players do not have the hunger for victory. They just want to play and later go on Twitter and do mundane hide and seek games( lingard and rashford) barb and tint their hair and then practice moonwalking!!;

On the contrary; I think we should dominate teams like Watford at OT and beat sense into their head on any given day.

But given the condition of the squad (injury, fatigue and lack of fitness) I’m happy with the 3 points.

It’s good to dominate these type of teams and win, it’s even better to beat them when you’re out of sorts. The only problem is when this performance keeps repeating itself with no improvement- at that rate it’ll only be a matter of time before we start losing games consecutively.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
I can't believe people are now calling these set of united players shiteee. So United cannot play attacking football with those set of players we have on the pitch, right?? You people are saying Ole will bring his own players that can play attacking football, please who are those players. And what is the guarantee they won't be bigger flops.. You are all cursing Woodward for buying Sanchez but I remember how most of y'all were really excited when we bought Sanchez.. The way you guys feel about the new players we're getting linked to is the same way we felt when we were getting Sanchez, Fred and Co.
Man United have players that can play attacking football make una forget story. Matic was an important part of the midfield trio that was getting praised when we were playing attacking football and winning with big margins. It's the defensive tactics that we've employed that is making his weaknesses obvious..
Ole makes everyone believe he's an attacking coach.. Pep, Klopp and Poch are attacking coaches. They play attacking football no matter the kind of players he meets on ground. It's in their blood. Mourinho will play defensive football no matter the calibre of players he meets on ground.
I sincerely wish I'm wrong about this guy's tactics.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
elampiro:

Na today I talk.

What do you make of OGS’ appointment and do you think he’s a Mourinho in disguise?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
1. OGS and Mou's tactics are not the same. It's nauseating to even consider it.

2. LVG has always been a possession hungry coach, even when he coached Netherlands. Btw, he is still bitter at how he got kicked out after winning the FA Cup.

3. Do i even need to mention what Mourinho's tactics was?

4. The team couldn't keep up with Watford's quick passing style due to the slow midfielders, hence the Counter-Attacking play. Normally, they would press the opposition from the start, but the quick passing put them off.

5. The right side is dead. It seems the only way to salvage it is using a 3-5-2 system where Dalot plays as a Wing-Back.

6. We've watched up to 15 matches under OGS, it's unfair to judge him and prophesy doom because of 2 matches nah.

7. Btw, most of these guys are having fatigue issues, some coming back from injuries etc. due to the run of games they've had recently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

What difference would it have made?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

But Gaal and Mou got their players Na. Top quality players, how come we are still saying the players are shyte. Martial, Pogba, Lukaku, Lindelof, Baily, Herrera, Matic, Sanchez, etc were starters at their former clubs, how come they are shyte right now?

Me I think the players are okay o.

Ohh...you think these current crop of players are OK..so the fault is solely on ogs?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
larride:

Shaw has been our most improved player this season. A left back playing with a sulking Martial has a lot to worry about.
I tell you. Left to me, that guy will be playing with the reserves I don't care
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

Mehn, difficult to tell. But we should have waited.
You're part of the problem if all you do is cry about a problem without offering any solution

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
ChristoBam:
I can't believe people are now calling these set of united players shiteee. So United cannot play attacking football with those set of players we have on the pitch, right?? You people are saying Ole will bring his own players that can play attacking football, please who are those players. And what is the guarantee they won't be bigger flops.. You are all cursing Woodward for buying Sanchez but I remember how most of y'all were really excited when we bought Sanchez.. The way you guys feel about the new players we're getting linked to is the same way we felt when we were getting Sanchez, Fred and Co.
Man United have players that can play attacking football make una forget story. Matic was an important part of the midfield trio that was getting praised when we were playing attacking football and winning with big margins. It's the defensive tactics that we've employed that is making his weaknesses obvious..
Ole makes everyone believe he's an attacking coach.. Pep, Klopp and Poch are attacking coaches. They play attacking football no matter the kind of players he meets on ground. It's in their blood. Mourinho will play defensive football no matter the calibre of players he meets on ground.
I sincerely wish I'm wrong about this guy's tactics.
Honestly you need to take a break.
Mourinho wasn't even playing defensive football when he was here, except against some top clubs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
eph12:

You're part of the problem if all you do is cry about a problem without offering any solution

I already said we wait till end of the season. Meanwhile, I am not a man Utd employee, so even if I proffer solutions, the solutions won't leave nairaland.

Maybe I will be in Woodward's position very soon, who knows? smiley cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MobileGees: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
Even the players knows they played an awful match

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
eph12:

Honestly you need to take a break.
Mourinho wasn't even playing defensive football when he was here, except against some top clubs.
Playing defensive and conceding goals left and right while dropping points. Is that one defensive football.

The guy was not playing at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

I already said we wait till end of the season. Meanwhile, I am not a man Utd employee, so even if I proffer solutions, the solutions won't leave nairaland.

Maybe I will be in Woodward's position very soon, who knows? smiley cool
What do you think will happen if OGS continues to grind out result till end of the season assuming he has not been confirmed?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2019
chrisley024:
Playing defensive and conceding goals left and right while dropping points. Is that one defensive football.

The guy was not playing at all.
Like people just keep mentioning defensive football and I'll be wondering if they watch football at all.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2019
eph12:

I tell you. Left to me, that guy will be playing with the reserves I don't care

If Martial continues like this, I will be the first to lead Martial FC Out!!! These rubbish can’t continue. We can’t keep pampering these lads, they either step up or get ship out.

No time to be hoping he will get his mojo back. No excuses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6501) (6502) (6503) (6504) (6505) (6506) (6507) ... (14254) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m), Stivoh(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.